Tournament help

pammiep

I've been left with trying to organise a netball tournament on Sunday and I'm about demented trying to sort out a good schedule of play and timings.

I've tried various internet sites but they dont have exactly what I'm looking for.

We unfortunately have 19 teams, 2 courts and only 7 and a half hours.

:qqb010:

Guest jambomickey
I've been left with trying to organise a netball tournament on Sunday and I'm about demented trying to sort out a good schedule of play and timings.

I've tried various internet sites but they dont have exactly what I'm looking for.

netball? only good thing about netball is the talent on show can be tidy at times.:qqb016:

netball? only good thing about netball is the talent on show can be tidy at times.:qqb016:

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone came up to an answer like this.:smash:

3 mini leagues(A,B,C) of 5teams and 1 off(D) 4teams.

court 1 hosts league A and league B playing round robin at 10mins a game x20games =200mins of court use ........allow 4hrs(240mins) as you will waste time at the changeovers.

Court 2 hosts league C and D as above but only 16 games, still allow the 4hrs.

Top 2 in each group through to 1/4 finals.

2 QF on each court at 15mins each game..............again allow 1hr.

5hrs allowed so far.

semi final on each court to last 20mins each, 3rd/4th place play off on one court only(allow finalists extra recovery time) 20mins, then 1/2hr final = 1hr 10mins playing time to be fitted into last 2.5hrs

Bingo!

ps i do not know the last thing about netball so don't know how long a game normally lasts.:smash:

3 mini leagues(A,B,C) of 5teams and 1 off(D) 4teams.

court 1 hosts league A and league B playing round robin at 10mins a game x20games =200mins of court use ........allow 4hrs(240mins) as you will waste time at the changeovers.

Court 2 hosts league C and D as above but only 16 games, still allow the 4hrs.

Top 2 in each group through to 1/4 finals.

2 QF on each court at 15mins each game..............again allow 1hr.

5hrs allowed so far.

semi final on each court to last 20mins each, 3rd/4th place play off on one court only(allow finalists extra recovery time) 20mins, then 1/2hr final = 1hr 10mins playing time to be fitted into last 2.5hrs

Bingo!

ps i do not know the last thing about netball so don't know how long a game normally lasts.:smash:

That will do nicely. Thanks

Or, the 20+16 games could be split at 18 for each court to give everyone a chance to play on each court.

Takes away any unfairness due to different courts unless they're 100% identical even down to lighting, backgrounds, slope, wind direction ;)

Hope it's not for the corporate challenge tournament ? -- the girls at work are looking forward to it.

The Future's Maroon

Will there be photo's of this event posted!!! lol

Archived