Velicka

jamboruss

Nucky Thompson
he should never have left us, worst decision EVER
Seeing as he only had a few months till he was a free agent, best decision EVER.

Seeing as he only had a few months till he was a free agent, best decision EVER.

We are crying out for a striker, he is that, worst decision ever to sell him, should have given him a new deal, now he's fit again he's scoring again. who would you rather have, clum, nade or velicka? velicka every time.

We are crying out for a striker, he is that, worst decision ever to sell him, should have given him a new deal, now he's fit again he's scoring again. who would you rather have, clum, nade or velicka? velicka every time.

He was never ours to sell was he?

We never made any money from him as he was on loan, so why was it a good decision?

The Future's Maroon
He was never ours to sell was he?
Exactly, dunno why folk get their knickers in a twist about him.

Nucky Thompson
We never made any money from him as he was on loan, so why was it a good decision?
It was a good decision because the Person who finances our club got money for a player that could have walked for free a few months later.

It was a good decision because the Person who finances our club got money for a player that could have walked for free a few months later.

Oh good for him then. I'm going to stop supporting Hearts and start supporting Romanov. Mon the Vlad!

thumbs-up.jpg

Do The Dance

Yippee.

Great finnish from Velicka.. Seems to be starting games a bit more often now, think rangers will sell him at the end of the season. If thats the case Hearts should go for him, or even get him on loan for a season.. Always liked Velicka, good strong player and good finnisher.

You dinnae half slaver some pish.

To be fair the joke is on Hearts as far as Velicka is concerned

Unless we were going to go bust unless we got the loose change we did it was a shocking decision - even by Romanov standards

so presumably Vlad hanging on for an extra ?100k for Tall was the worst decision ever??

Oh good for him then. I'm going to stop supporting Hearts and start supporting Romanov. Mon the Vlad!thumbs-up.jpg

what a..... oops im not going to say what i think about u or that comment their i dont want to be banned again

Hearts HAD to sell Velicka - we had serious short term cash flow issues (as always!!!!) but we needed the money sharpish.

The money was used to pay off outstanding creditors at Hearts last March. I understand the amount was approx ?400k. The fee might have went to Kaunas but the money was used to pay off OUR debts.

Didn't agree with the decision but from Velicka's point of view he more than trebled his wages.

Hearts HAD to sell Velicka - we had serious short term cash flow issues (as always!!!!) but we needed the money sharpish.

The money was used to pay off outstanding creditors at Hearts last March. I understand the amount was approx ?400k. The fee might have went to Kaunas but the money was used to pay off OUR debts.

Didn't agree with the decision but from Velicka's point of view he more than trebled his wages.

Are you saying the only reason we still exist is because of the quirks of another league with a later transfer window from us?

Nucky Thompson
You dinnae half slaver some pish.
Aye Ok then, that's me put in my place:42:

what a..... oops im not going to say what i think about u or that comment their i dont want to be banned again

Please do, not quite sure why you could get so offended by my post though.

Are you saying the only reason we still exist is because of the quirks of another league with a later transfer window from us?

No.

But last Feb/March our situation was serious in terms of meeting short term debts. They had amounted to a level that was out of control.

It certainly kept the Wolf from the door so to speak.

Looks like the Gers fans and their fawning Weegie media have found a new hero.

I remember we had a guy called Velicka playing for us however, he was branded a dirty Lith cheat by the pundits who wanted him drummed out of Scottish football!

Must be a different player eh. :th_love:

Guest JamboRobbo
so presumably Vlad hanging on for an extra ?100k for Tall was the worst decision ever??

:laugh: cue silence in response.

Zal will deal with him.

If he plays anywhere close to his performance in the 2nd half the last time the teams met then he'll deal with everything.

Ryan Gosling

It was a shame that happened but Tall was one of our best players during that horrible season.

Great finnish from Velicka.. Seems to be starting games a bit more often now, think rangers will sell him at the end of the season. If thats the case Hearts should go for him, or even get him on loan for a season.. Always liked Velicka, good strong player and good finnisher.

rangers will never give us velicka on loan, and will have a high asking price to stop other scottish clubs buying him. i can see him staying put and getting a game next season, and rangers selling another striker on higher wages

It was a shame that happened but Tall was one of our best players during that horrible season.

Agreed

Look I appreciate I get slagged / tutted at for my views a lot of the time, but the Velicka sale really gets to me.

I know he's long gong and there is no point dwelling on it, but for relative pennies it seems as if we sold somebody that might have had us, what, at least 9 points or so further ahead of where we are now?

I know we've had a good season this year, but one position in the team has let us down incredibly badly, a position where we had Velicka doing the business and had we kept him might have meant we had a great season. Good chance we'd also still be in the cup

If we were going out of business without the loose change, fair enough, but to get rid of Velicka and bring in Tullberg within 4 months...

Its just very frustrating from a footballing point of view.

Theres an argument to say that having looked for a 20 goal striker for around a decade we had eventually found one, and then we sold him for a pittance.

:smash::hammer:

Guest GhostHunter

Isn't there a phrase, "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul"....

Or, "Robbing Hearts to Pay Romanov" more like...

Stupid Sexy Flanders
he should never have left us, worst decision EVER

This post makes it sound like you mean it was his decision, rather than Hearts', that he left. From his point of view, it wasn't a bad decision at all.

If you meant "We should never have sold him, worst decision ever", then you should have said that. And I would have agreed. :fing10:

Please do, not quite sure why you could get so offended by my post though.

wasnt offended by it,was just a childish post imo

Looks like the Gers fans and their fawning Weegie media have found a new hero.

I remember we had a guy called Velicka playing for us however, he was branded a dirty Lith cheat by the pundits who wanted him drummed out of Scottish football!

Must be a different player eh. :th_love:

same player, different strip :(

Take away the money he was on, had he not left we would have had a cracking defence with him and Berra in the middle.

Take away the money he was on, had he not left we would have had a cracking defence with him and Berra in the middle.

Was never 100% convinced by Tall.

I thought he had a tendency to ball watch far too often. We give Zaliukas stick for a real lack in concentration, I thought Tall wasn't that great with regards to that mental aspect of the game either but his mistake just weren't as obvious as those made by big Zal.

Also, I'm never a fan of defenders who seem to do everything last ditch. I'd much rather prefer someone who could deal with the danger more consistently before it got to 'last ditch'.

Was never 100% convinced by Tall.

I thought he had a tendency to ball watch far too often. We give Zaliukas stick for a real lack in concentration, I thought Tall wasn't that great with regards to that mental aspect of the game either but his mistake just weren't as obvious as those made by big Zal.

Also, I'm never a fan of defenders who seem to do everything last ditch. I'd much rather prefer someone who could deal with the danger more consistently before it got to 'last ditch'.

Fair enough but I am the opposite mate. I always seen him as our most solid defender who would very rarely make a mistake. He gave the impression of being laid-back but he always got the job done.

He had a great positional sense. And when he came up against a big striker who he knew he wouldn't beat in the air he would find another way to deal with them.

I liked Velicka and I'm happy to have seen him in a Hearts strip.

Good to see he is still scoring against the hibees and hope he gets a few more belters against the celtic.

Guest jambomickey

Good to see he is still scoring against the hibees and hope he gets a few more belters against the celtic.

agreed.

Can't think why a Hearts fan would want Rangers to win the league. I want Rangers to lose every game they play, including against Hibs or Celtic.

Can't think why a Hearts fan would want Rangers to win the league. I want Rangers to lose every game they play, including against Hibs or Celtic.

so what your saying is you want celtic to win the league

as a hearts fan i cant understand that,i also cant understand why you would want hibs to win again,but you prob aint even a true jambo

lay off the mars bars my friend they are ****ing up your head

cant understand why a Hearts supporter would ever want Hibs to win? :qqb016:

PsychocAndy

I want Hearts to win everything. The Bigot Brothers and the tramps can GTF.

If it means saving themselves from relegation I would want The Tramps to beat both Weedgies, other than that let them draw against each other.

In some peoples eyes that might not make me a true Jambo, but I like beating them and we cant do that if their not in the same division, I was going to say league but we've been out of their league for years

Bindy Badgy
cant understand why a Hearts supporter would ever want Hibs to win? :qqb016:

I hate both sides of the Old Firm far more than Hibs.

I want Hibs to win against them provided it doesn't have a negative impact on us and doesn't result in Hibs winning a trophy.

Archived