***The Official Kickback Football Tipping Competition***

Acey

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Gambo-Osaka 2 - 1 Yamagata :sorcerer:

Bank - ?186.40

Week 2

Bet 2: ?100 on over 1.5 goals @ 1.36 (Betfair) in Aston Villa v West Ham. Potential returns - ?36.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BoJack Horseman

I feel I should take being a mug punter on the chin. 5 bets and no winners. I am a disgrace.

BoJack Horseman

Week 2

Trying to get at least a tenner for this afternoons game so...

Bet 1: ?6 Motherwell to beat St Mirren @4/5 (betfred) = ?10.80 return

week 2

bet 1 stoke to win (18-04-09) ?10 @ 7/5 (william hills) potential return ?24

bet 2 barcelona to win (18-04-09) ?30 @ 1/2 (stan james) potential return ?45

Bank ?32.80

Bet1: ?5 on East Stirling, East Fife, Raith @10.69 (Betfair) Returns ?53.45

Bet2: ?7 on Inverness, Aston Villa, Reading @5.72 (Betfair) Returns ?40.04

Bet3: ?7 on Celtic to beat Aberdeen to nil/Peterboro/Dundee [email protected] (Skybet) Returns ?38.15

therealmackay
WEEK 2

BET 1: 17TH APRIL ?46.70 ON SCHALKE TO BEAT COTTBUS @ 2/5 (STAN JAMES) RETURNS ?65.38

nice little earner but due to the confusion about my bet last week it would not have been ?46.70 it would in fact have been ?44.50 giving me a return of ?62.30

BET 2: ?12.30 TREBLE; DUNDEE UTD, ASTON VILLA, SUNDERLAND @5.74 (BETFRED) RETURNS ?70.62

BET 3: ?5 LAMPARD TO SCORE ANYTIME 3/1 (SKYBET) RETURNS ?20

Gerd Muller

Bet 1: ?10 Sunderland to beat Hull (1.91 Betfair) Returns ?19.10

Bet 2: ?20 Double on Wolves, Celtic, Peterhead (3.19 Betfair) Returns ?63.80

BoJack Horseman
Week 2

Trying to get at least a tenner for this afternoons game so...

Bet 1: ?6 Motherwell to beat St Mirren @4/5 (betfred) = ?10.80 return

This could be me at 50p. Crazy treble coming up.

BoJack Horseman

bet 2: 50p treble on Levante, ** Rostov and Artmedia Bratislava @12.37 (ladbrokes) = ?6.19 return

Midloth_Iain
Week, Bet 2

18/04/09

Leeds (4/5), Wycombe (1/2), Brentford (4/9)

?10 TREBLE - Corals

Returns ? 39.15

WON - Bank ?68.07 + ?39.15 = ?107.22

Week 2 - Bet 1

18/04/09

Plymouth (evens) and Wolves (8/11) ?10 double - Corals WON

Returns ?30.68

LOST - Bank ?107.22 - ? 10.00 = ?97.22

Week 2

Bet 2: ?100 on over 1.5 goals @ 1.36 (Betfair) in Aston Villa v West Ham. Potential returns - ?36.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 West Ham :sorcerer:

Bank - ?222.40

Bet 3: ?77.40 on Chelsea to qualify in the Arsenal v Chelsea game @ 1.76 (Betfair). Potential returns - ?58.82

BoJack Horseman

Bank - ?222.40

Bet 3: ?77.40 on Chelsea to qualify in the Arsenal v Chelsea game @ 1.76 (Betfair). Potential returns - ?58.82

Wishing you had put these on yourself yet?

Bank - ?222.40

Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea :sorcerer:

Bank - ?281.22

Bet 4: ?81.22 on over 1.5 goals in the Rec De Huelva v Real Madrid game @ 1.28 (Betfair). Potential returns - ?22.74

week 2

bet 1 stoke to win (18-04-09) ?10 @ 7/5 (william hills) potential return ?24

bet 2 barcelona to win (18-04-09) ?30 @ 1/2 (stan james) potential return ?45

both bets win so bank now ?84.93

Week 2

Bet 1 : ?10 on Villarreal to beat Valladolid @ 9/4 (Ladbrokes) pays ?32.50

Bet 2 : ?5 Treble on Volendam @6/5, Willem II @ 11/10 and Ajax @ 9/5 pays ?64.68

shaun.lawson

Bank - ?222.40

Astonishing. When West Ham equalised late on earlier, I thought to myself: "How on earth does he keep on doing it?" Lottery numbers please AP - I could do with a bit of cash at the mo!

therealmackay

BET 2: ?12.30 TREBLE; DUNDEE UTD, ASTON VILLA, SUNDERLAND @5.74 (BETFRED) RETURNS ?70.62

BET 3: ?5 LAMPARD TO SCORE ANYTIME 3/1 (SKYBET) RETURNS ?20

BOTH LOST SO NEW BANK IS ?45

BET 3: ?40 ON RANGERS TO BEAT HOBOS @ 8/11 (LADBROKES) RETURNS ?69.20

Astonishing. When West Ham equalised late on earlier, I thought to myself: "How on earth does he keep on doing it?" Lottery numbers please AP - I could do with a bit of cash at the mo!

A bit of research goes a long way, my man. I base nearly all my bets on previous stats and it helps alot. Form plays a massive part in football be it goal scoring, winning, losing. I'd wager that the majority here don't really look into the stats ... just see who's where in the league and select teams from that info.

Unfortunately, you jinxed my fecking Madrid bet and that lost!

Bank - ?200

shaun.lawson
A bit of research goes a long way, my man. I base nearly all my bets on previous stats and it helps alot. Form plays a massive part in football be it goal scoring, winning, losing. I'd wager that the majority here don't really look into the stats ... just see who's where in the league and select teams from that info.

Unfortunately, you jinxed my fecking Madrid bet and that lost!

Bank - ?200

Heh - sorry about that! The thing is, I spent ages researching the runners and riders at the World Snooker the other day (?30 on Mark Selby at 9/1 to win) - but you can rest assured he'll bomb now I've backed him. It always happens. Similarly, if I'd bet on there being more than 1.5 goals in Villa-West Ham, it's a cast iron certainty it'd have finished 1-0. Seriously!

Heh - sorry about that! The thing is, I spent ages researching the runners and riders at the World Snooker the other day (?30 on Mark Selby at 9/1 to win) - but you can rest assured he'll bomb now I've backed him. It always happens. Similarly, if I'd bet on there being more than 1.5 goals in Villa-West Ham, it's a cast iron certainty it'd have finished 1-0. Seriously!

You do appear to have an incredibly unlucky record!

Don't worry though. If you put a bit of time and thought into it then you will reap the rewards. I couldn't comment on the snooker because I'm a football punter only, but good luck. I'll be watching Selby with interest.

Another one of my rules is not to bet on daft markets, I limit my markets to goals and the occasional overall winner (although I've been moving away from this lately ... very unpredictable at this stage of the season) Never touch first goalscorer or anything like that and rarely touch coupons unless I'm just up for a laugh.

Laying on Betfair is also a goldmine if you have a decent bank. The main thing it boils down to is luck though ... simple as that! :sorcerer:

shaun.lawson
You do appear to have an incredibly unlucky record!

Don't worry though. If you put a bit of time and thought into it then you will reap the rewards. I couldn't comment on the snooker because I'm a football punter only, but good luck. I'll be watching Selby with interest.

Another one of my rules is not to bet on daft markets, I limit my markets to goals and the occasional overall winner (although I've been moving away from this lately ... very unpredictable at this stage of the season) Never touch first goalscorer or anything like that and rarely touch coupons unless I'm just up for a laugh.

Laying on Betfair is also a goldmine if you have a decent bank. The main thing it boils down to is luck though ... simple as that! :sorcerer:

Yes, you're quite right. In my defence, I've very often been a romantic sort of tipster: I never back the favourite (whereas that's all a friend of mine does, and he does more than OK), and just plump for something if the odds really grab me. Dundee United, an absurd 33/1 to win the SPL w/o the OF last season at least gave me a run for my money; ditto England at the 2005 Ashes. 1-0 down after the First Test, we were 66/1 to win the series 3-1. I couldn't believe this, and came mighty close to making off with the readies!

It's just an occasional thing for me though. I'm a highly addictive sort of person, so steer clear of gambling regularly - but have certainly made a note of your regular success with the "how many goals in a game?" markets. By the way, spread betting - ever tried it? It terrifies the life out of me!

Yes, you're quite right. In my defence, I've very often been a romantic sort of tipster: I never back the favourite (whereas that's all a friend of mine does, and he does more than OK), and just plump for something if the odds really grab me. Dundee United, an absurd 33/1 to win the SPL w/o the OF last season at least gave me a run for my money; ditto England at the 2005 Ashes. 1-0 down after the First Test, we were 66/1 to win the series 3-1. I couldn't believe this, and came mighty close to making off with the readies!

It's just an occasional thing for me though. I'm a highly addictive sort of person, so steer clear of gambling regularly - but have certainly made a note of your regular success with the "how many goals in a game?" markets. By the way, spread betting - ever tried it? It terrifies the life out of me!

Na, I never really pay attention to spread betting or anything like that. I just stick to what I know. It's pretty mental and the liability is massive, from what I can make out ... not for me, I'm afraid!

I don't know the official stats for this season but I'd imagine that about 60/70% of games have over 1 goal. If you pick and choose your games it can be a nice wee earner!

Good luck with your Selby bet. When is the snooker, btw? I just got a years membership for a snookerhall the other week ... mainly because it was ?7 and you got two free pints as part of the deal! Result! :sorcerer:

AP is spraffing his face off, Shaun. Don't be suckered in by this mug in shrewd punter's clothing, tipping 1/3 shots every day. He'll be found out eventually!

AP is spraffing his face off, Shaun. Don't be suckered in by this mug in shrewd punter's clothing, tipping 1/3 shots every day. He'll be found out eventually!

SuperStock_1614R-1429.jpg

Me 10 minutes ago counting my FREE MUNEY

Bets 1, 2 and 3 lost. Bank ?66.

Bet 4: Double of Tottingham (13/20) and St John's Stone [-1] (9/5) - ?26 at 4.62 (SportingBet) - potential return of ?120.12

THREE MUNNY

dollars.jpg

Bets 1, 2 and 3 lost. Bank ?66.

Bet 4: Double of Tottingham (13/20) and St John's Stone [-1] (9/5) - ?26 at 4.62 (SportingBet) - potential return of ?120.12

THREE MUNNY

dollars.jpg

I've just went next door to get my neighbours wheelbarrow as well as his truck, then it's off to the bank in the morning to remortgage my house and my mums house to get on this 100% THREE MUNNEY cert.

If this doesn't win I'll swim along the Water of Leith with Mixu on my back.

This bet isn't for you, AP; pro players only.

I'm hoping that nobody else notices my tip; want all the PHREE MONET for myself!

shaun.lawson
Na, I never really pay attention to spread betting or anything like that. I just stick to what I know. It's pretty mental and the liability is massive, from what I can make out ... not for me, I'm afraid!

I don't know the official stats for this season but I'd imagine that about 60/70% of games have over 1 goal. If you pick and choose your games it can be a nice wee earner!

Good luck with your Selby bet. When is the snooker, btw? I just got a years membership for a snookerhall the other week ... mainly because it was ?7 and you got two free pints as part of the deal! Result! :sorcerer:

God only knows what playing on full size snooker tables while drunk must be like! Though if it worked for Alex Higgins, there must be something in it I s'pose... Snooker started yesterday, and goes on for 17 days: it's the Crucible Marathon of the Mind. Selby plays today in a highly dodgy first round with the dangerous Ricky Walden: it'll be tight, but if he makes it, then I could have a chance. :sorcerer:

Midloth_Iain

Week 2 - Bet 3

? 25.00 Treble 19/04/09 - Corals

Willem II (evens) , Marseille (10/11), Roma (1/3)

Returns ? 127.40

Bank currently ?97.22 - ?25.00 = ?72.22

Gerd Muller
Bet 1: ?10 Sunderland to beat Hull (1.91 Betfair) Returns ?19.10

Bet 2: ?20 Double on Wolves, Celtic, Peterhead (3.19 Betfair) Returns ?63.80

Bank now ?102.90

Sergio Garcia

WEEK 2

BET 1

Robbie Keane to score first (Spurs v Newcastle) ?13.66 @ 5/1 (Will Hill) = ?81.96

BANK ?40

IN PLAY=?33.66

Boaby Ewing

Week 2 bet 2:

Bank: ?15

?12 on Rangers to beat Hibs at 4/6 (Ladbrokes) - returns: ?20

Gerd Muller

Bet 3: ?10 treble St Johnstone, Roma, Ac Milan 3.19 Betdaq returns ?31.90

Bet 4: ?7.90 Double Hibs vs Rangers draw, PSG - 5.21 returns ?41.16

This isn't my selection for today but folk might be interested in this ... word on the street is there is a fix in Italy going down.

Potenza v Real Marcianise ... ?123,752 been traded on Betfair so far ... this is a Serie C1 match, the average is usualy about 3k being traded!

The really mental thing is the odds .... Potenza are 1.4 and Real Marcianise are 8.4 ... Potenza are 2nd bottom and Real are 7th out of 18 teams!!! It's like pricing Aberdeen at 7/1 to beat Kilmarnock!

Something very fishy and I'll be having a wee punt on the home team.

Tony Soprano is all over this, imo.

tony_soprano.jpg

Jambobelieve28's record; P5 W2 L3 Profit 50p Bank ?50.50

Week 2 Bet 1: ?5 on Annan Athletic to win @ 17/10 (Bet365) - Returns ?13.50

Week 2 Bet 2: ?10 double on Peterhead and Annan Athletic @ 61/20 (Bet365) - Returns ?40.50

Both bets lost.

jambobelieve28's record; P7 W2 L5 Loss ?14.50 Bank ?35.50

Bet 3: ?5 treble on Tottenham, Manchester City and Rangers @ 45/11 (BETDAQ) - Returns ?25.45

Week 2

BET 1 ?40 Arsenal v Chelsea over 2.5 goals @2.26 (betfair) to return ?50.40 profit

BET 2 ?10 treble Sunderland, Hearts, Chelsea @9.95 (Betfair) to return ?89.50 profit

Bank ?30 :56:

Bet 1 won...useless Jambo ******** bust bet 2!

Bank now at ?120.40

BET 3...Overs Double Man United (Odds 2.5) and Valladolid (Odds 1.88) ?30 @4.72 for ?111.60 profit(Betfair)

This isn't my selection for today but folk might be interested in this ... word on the street is there is a fix in Italy going down.

Potenza v Real Marcianise ... ?123,752 been traded on Betfair so far ... this is a Serie C1 match, the average is usualy about 3k being traded!

The really mental thing is the odds .... Potenza are 1.4 and Real Marcianise are 8.4 ... Potenza are 2nd bottom and Real are 7th out of 18 teams!!! It's like pricing Aberdeen at 7/1 to beat Kilmarnock!

Something very fishy and I'll be having a wee punt on the home team.

Tony Soprano is all over this, imo.

tony_soprano.jpg

Did anyone get involved?

Finished 2-1. Thanks to the Italian Mafia for my THREE MUNNEY. :sorcerer:

Gerd Muller
Bet 3: ?10 treble St Johnstone, Roma, Ac Milan 3.19 Betdaq returns ?31.90

Bet 4: ?7.90 Double Hibs vs Rangers draw, PSG - 5.21 returns ?41.16

Looks likely that both my bets will lose.

St Johnstone currently getting beat 2-0

Roma won 3-2 against Lecce WON

AC Milan tonight.

Hibs 2-3 Rangers. LOST

PSG currently 1-0 at home to Le Harve.

Bank was ?102.90 - ?10.00 - ?7.90 = ?85.00

Bet 5: ?35 Double on AC Milan & Besiktas at (1.97 Betfair) returns ?68.95

jambobelieve28's record; P7 W2 L5 Loss ?14.50 Bank ?35.50

Bet 3: ?5 treble on Tottenham, Manchester City and Rangers @ 45/11 (BETDAQ) - Returns ?25.45

BET WON

Spurs 2-1

Man City 4-2

Rangers 3-2

jambobelieve28's record; P8 W3 L5 Profit ?5.95 Bank ?55.95

Too bad I had added St johnstone in my real life bet :(

Bet 1 won...useless Jambo ******** bust bet 2!

Bank now at ?120.40

BET 3...Overs Double Man United (Odds 2.5) and Valladolid (Odds 1.88) ?30 @4.72 for ?111.60 profit(Betfair)

:D

Both games finished 0-0!

Granted the Man U one was fairly speculative, based on the teams, and both teams actually wanting to win a semi final :yawn:

Dunno what went wrong with Villareal. They are normally pretty reliable for decent games when away from home

ACEY

When does this competition end ??? :!blank:

• The competition will run until the final whistle of the Scottish Cup Final.

Read the rules! :sorcerer:

Gerd Muller
Looks likely that both my bets will lose.

St Johnstone currently getting beat 2-0

Roma won 3-2 against Lecce WON

AC Milan tonight.

Hibs 2-3 Rangers. LOST

PSG currently 1-0 at home to Le Harve.

Bank was ?102.90 - ?10.00 - ?7.90 = ?85.00

Bet 5: ?35 Double on AC Milan & Besiktas at (1.97 Betfair) returns ?68.95

AC Milan currently 3-0 up however Besiktas drew 0-0 at home after having a player sent off.

Bank back to ?50. I might try just singles next week instead of doubles.

Midloth_Iain
Week 2 - Bet 3

? 25.00 Treble 19/04/09 - Corals

Willem II (evens) , Marseille (10/11), Roma (1/3)

Returns ? 127.40

Bank currently ?97.22 - ?25.00 = ?72.22

Almost pulled it off. Willem II 0-3 down, came back to 3-3 but failed to find a winner :42:

Bank Now at ?72.22

Archived