What's The Best Breakfast/Brunch Roll?

DOZEY

If I make it myself, crispy bacon & red sauce, but if I go to a greasy spoon probably square sausage & brown or haggis & red.

My wife is a fan of totty scone & scrambled egg, doesn't float my boat though.

Any further sugestions?

Those turkey bacon rashers aren't no substitute for crispy bacon imo.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Been done at least 50 times before.

JKBs conclusion has always been. Bacon is best, with Brown Sauce.

Thread Closed.

:sorcerer:

tommythejambo

Black Pudding and Tattie Scone/Bacon/Fried Egg double deckers.

With either tomato or brown sauce.

Superb.

Been done at least 50 times before.

JKBs conclusion has always been. Bacon is best, with Brown Sauce.

Thread Closed.

:sorcerer:

tastes change though, but I'm going with your sugestion grilled and crispy, and a mug of earl grey to wash it down with.

There used to be a van outside B&Q Chesser that did gut busters.

A 10'' bap with link, square, mushrooms, beans, bacon, tomato, black puding & totty scone. Truly superb, mmmm.

tastes change though, but I'm going with your sugestion grilled and crispy, and a mug of earl grey to wash it down with.

A 10'' bap with link, square, mushrooms, beans, bacon, tomato, black puding & totty scone. Truly superb, mmmm.

I forgot fried egg

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Indeed there was.

I tried the 'gut buster' on more than occassion.

A truly great breakfast.

Sounds like a heart attack in a roll!!

Pretty much.

Should've came with a government health warning.

''broon sauce son?''

''na, can I have an aspirin to thin my blood in my clogged arteries please?''

scrambled egg roll with tomato sauce

oooooooooooh em mmmmmmmmmm, sounds like that would work, needs to be home made scrambled egg for me, I'm very fussy about scrambled egg or bacon.

If I make it myself, crispy bacon & red sauce, but if I go to a greasy spoon probably square sausage & brown or haggis & red.

My wife is a fan of totty scone & scrambled egg, doesn't float my boat though.

Any further sugestions?

Those turkey bacon rashers aren't no substitute for crispy bacon imo.

no such thing. do you mean tomato ketchup?

The People's Chimp

It all depends won whether it's at home or not. At home, probably bacon and black pudding, sometimes with a tattie scone but recently I've been moving towards a thick link sausage and some of that tiptree ketchup. Cracking.

Out of the house and it's bacon and tattie scone all the way. with ketchup.

And I agree with Vic. the phrase "red sauce" is an abomination.

no such thing. do you mean tomato ketchup?

Same thing like, red or brown sauce, but aye, and it should idealy be Heinz red, or HP brown.

Interesting fact: HP Sauce has gone up 50% in price over the last 12 Months.

50%:56::20:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Philadelphia Cream Cheese & cucumber with a lovely chilled glass of cranberry juice.

It all depends won whether it's at home or not. At home, probably bacon and black pudding, sometimes with a tattie scone but recently I've been moving towards a thick link sausage and some of that tiptree ketchup. Cracking.

Out of the house and it's bacon and tattie scone all the way. with ketchup.

And I agree with Vic. the phrase "red sauce" is an abomination.

Careful with the links Liquidator, watched a show with Richard Hammond about what's in sausages, and it's well worth paying the extra ten pence or so for decent butcher meat.

I dare say if you bought Tesco/Asda finest cumberlands they would be of decent quality too, but was quite alarming that some of our hospitals are serving up sausage that is 20% sausage, not 20% meat, but 20% sausage, 80% filler. The part that is sausage probably comes from the waste too like snouts, tails, trotters, offal and eyes, it put me right off and I was a huge sausage fan. I try to stick to butchers beef lornes now.

Careful with the links Liquidator, watched a show with Richard Hammond about what's in sausages, and it's well worth paying the extra ten pence or so for decent butcher meat.

I dare say if you bought Tesco/Asda finest cumberlands they would be of decent quality too, but was quite alarming that some of our hospitals are serving up sausage that is 20% sausage, not 20% meat, but 20% sausage, 80% filler. The part that is sausage probably comes from the waste too like snouts, tails, trotters, offal and eyes, it put me right off and I was a huge sausage fan. I try to stick to butchers beef lornes now.

Complete baws! NHS specifications are a minimum of 50% meat in beef sausages and 65% for pork sausages! Far better than most non-premium supermarket sausages that have only around 30-35% meat content.

The People's Chimp

It's cool. I stick to the premium sausages, or as you say, get them from the butchers.

Complete baws! NHS specifications are a minimum of 50% meat in beef sausages and 65% for pork sausages! Far better than most non-premium supermarket sausages that have only around 30-35% meat content.

Only going by what was on the show, I take it that you never watched it then.

Only going by what was on the show, I take it that you never watched it then.

Nope, but I know that the show you quoted is incorrect, I tender the food contracts for NHS Scotland and have the specifications in front of me. We also spot check all meat products and have them sent away for chemical analysis to check meat/fat content etc. Sounds like the show was scaremongering a bit tbh !

Mac_fae_Gillie

This thread is pointless...:hammer:

Bacon and Brown sauce wins every time...

some posh gits have egg as well,there is a recession you know:hammer:

Nope, but I know that the show you quoted is incorrect, I tender the food contracts for NHS Scotland and have the specifications in front of me. We also spot check all meat products and have them sent away for chemical analysis to check meat/fat content etc. Sounds like the show was scaremongering a bit tbh !

It wasn't NHS Scotland it was England.

He tested two schools in Scotland though, One in Dumfries & one in Edinburgh and both faired very well.

Think the point he was making though is what I would call pork and what sausage makers would call pork were two completely different things.

I would imagine pork mince to come from loins, shoulders etc, but the sausage pork came from snout, genitalia, tail, eyes, offal etc.

Bacon and Fried Egg Roll.

Buttered on both sides of the roll.

There has to be a runny yoke.

The bacon must be crispy.

Served with tomato sauce.

FACT

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Bacon and Fried Egg Roll.

Buttered on both sides of the roll.

There has to be a runny yoke.

The bacon must be crispy.

Served with tomato sauce.

FACT

Fine until your last comment.

Then it went all Gay.

:smash:

Also like having a big fry up served with one buttered (on both sides of course) roll.

I then proceed to take around half from every single piece of food on the plate to make the grandaddy of all rolls.

My last effort included:

One rasher of bacon

One, cut in half, link sausage

Half a square sausage

One Potato Scone

Half a black pudding

Some Beans

And tomato sauce

Then it went all Gay.

Know it's a bit odd but I have always preferred a more sweet taste in my food, hence the red sauce.

Then it went all Gay.

i concur.

has to be:

BROON!!!

Then it went all Gay.

Tom sauce pishes all over Brown which smells like sh*t. Tom sauce on a Bacon Roll, BBQ or sweet chilli on anything else.

Tom sauce pishes all over Brown which smells like sh*t. Tom sauce on a Bacon Roll, BBQ or sweet chilli on anything else.

tomato sauce on a bacon roll is Snapshot_2008-04-25_06-08-27.jpg

Crispy bacon and fried egg with a runny yoke. No sauce for me, don't think brown or tomato sauce with egg works for me.

I had a sausage, bacon and egg roll in Spain last year for breakfast. Was amazing. :th_love:

Crispy bacon and fried egg doubler for me with HP sauce but I also have a hankering for a sausage (from the butchers) and plum tomato with HP.

A nice soft roll butter, lorne sausage and feck all else except a bit of salt. Though I do like a scrambled egg roll, just a bit tricky to eat when you are trotting up the road late for work.

Boaby Ewing

Eggs Benedict, with tabasco.

Just take the two halves and squish them together.

Sorted.

Eggs Benedict, with tabasco.

Just take the two halves and squish them together.

Sorted.

You're in London, right?

Boaby Ewing
You're in London, right?

Sniffing toot off Lily allen's third nip as we speak.

That fat ^^^^ Corden ate all the bacon.

I'm going to treat myself to a haggis and totty scone doubler with Tom Sauce the now. White coffee & 3 sugar.

Archived