Most hated SPL team from the last 25 years...

Therapist

Broxburn_Jambo

Junkie boy Andy McLaren would be in there for me along with Alan Combe.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Evans

Jim Leighton

Willie Miller (hobo version)

Gordon Hunter

Roy Aitken

Stewart Mckimmie

Terry Hurlock

Neil Lennon

Mickey Weir

Paul Kane

Frank McGarvey

Dean Windass

Say What Again
Aye right enough!! (c&p'd from wiki)

Feyenoord

KNVB Cup: 1993?94, 1994?95

Celtic

Scottish Premier League: 1997?98, 2000?01, 2001?02, 2003?04

Scottish League Cup: 1997?98, 2000?01

Scottish Cup: 2000?01, 2003?04

Barcelona

La Liga: 2004?05, 2005?06

Spanish Super Cup: 2005?06

UEFA Champions League: 2005?06

Helsingborg

Swedish Cup: 2006

Manchester United

Premier League: 2006?07

Individual

European Golden Boot: 2000?01

SFWA Footballer of the Year: 1998?99, 2000?01

Guldbollen: 1998, 2004

SPL Top Goalscorer: 1998?99, 2000?01, 2001?02, 2002?03, 2003?04

Tidernas Guldboll (All-time best Swedish football player): 2005[19]

All-time leading SPL scorer (158 goals)[20]

Orders and special awards

UEFA Jubilee Awards - Greatest Swedish Footballer of the last 50 Years: 2003

Surprised this post hasn't been replied to :mw_rolleyes:

heartsfc_fan

-------------------Neil Lennon-----------------

---Neil Lennon Neil Lennon Neil Lennon Neil Lennon---

---------------Neil Lennon Neil Lennon---------------

Say What Again

Allan McGregor

Doug Rougvie Alex McLeish Andy Webster

Aiden McGeady Paul McStay Neil Lennon Peter Grant Davie Cooper

Kris Boyd Frank McGarvey

Say What Again
Denes Rosi (If he comes to heart then i'll change my mind)

As is your right :earmuffs:

Broxburn_Jambo

Its only fair to put a Hearts player in as well..

Congratulations to Dennis Wyness

best in the land

boruc

ricksen

diamond

w. miller(aberdeen)

i.murray

riorden

lennon

p.grant

mcgeady

boyd

mcgarvey.

p. mcginlay

a webster

d provan

b.ferguson

r. aitken

k. wright

s.brown

heartsfc_fan

:rofl: is he hated so much for being so p*sh?

Andy Webster IMO is the shout.

Strange one, there's a few I'd have in front of him. He's not really done us any harm.

Boruc

Whittaker Caldwell Diamond Broadfoot

Lennon Ferguson I.Murray

Boyd Riordan Clarkson

3 Celtic

4 Rangers

2 Hibs

1 Aberdeen

1 Motherwell

Broxburn_Jambo
Strange one, there's a few I'd have in front of him. He's not really done us any harm.

He was an absolute disgrace, he needed to build confidence in every game, lacked any sort of passion or committment and his goals per game ratio is pathetic. Sorry to say but i hated him.

Broxburn_Jambo
:rofl: is he hated so much for being so p*sh?

Andy Webster IMO is the shout.

By me, yes

one non old firm player i always hated was Tommy Turner. Ugly greetin faced little *****. His coupon looked like somebody (hopefully) jumped on it while wearing golf shoes.

Complete whanker.:20:

Up there with "hang neil lennon , hang him high":hanged:

I never liked David Clarkson after he dived about the place at the "Phil O'Donnell tribute match". Surely show a wee bit class on a day like that. It ended up costing us.

too be honest my most hated players are the ones who consistently played well against us, and were most detrimental to our winning games

goram (even gordon marshall always had stormers against us)

boyd

gough

mclarren

s. brown

lennon

gascoigne

laudrap

sutton

mccoist

larsson

Jimmy McNulty
Kidd did what he had to as a footballer. It's distasteful how he's revelled in it afterwards but I'm sure most of it is hobo spin. The St Mirren XI from that day would be in my team long before Albert.

I would agree with that. Kidd was brought on to score, and IIRC, the Dundee bench at the time thought the Rangers score meant they could have qualified for Europe if they (Dundee) had won.

I don't blame Kidd -- he was just doing what he was paid to do. I blame Hearts for choking when it mattered the most, and St Mhidden for making the Dens result relevant.

St Mirren will always be *****.

What makes you say that? I cannot understand why, when talking about players you hate, you would turn to hating a Hearts player. There is no Hearts player past or present that I would consider in a "hate XI" simply because I am a Hearts fan.

Odd comment IMO.

john blackley and his muppet men

hated him :smash:

AH!The muppet men song.It's been a good while since that has had an airing.

Remember it,kids? "Can you hear...."

Toxteth O'Grady

Some good shouts on this thread.

These 3 vile creatures would be in my team most hated team.

2993301476_442ac099fb.jpg?v=0

souness-rangers.jpg

Steven-Tweed.gif

Larsson over-rated? Oh dear.

Better tell that to Frank Rijkaard and Sir Alex Ferguson then. :hammer:

Delusional and a complete wind-up merchant.

$ilvery_Moon
Hibs pose no threat to me being a Hearts supporter, they are nothing to me, they're fans show how highly they regard us by reacting to a League win against us after we pumped them in a SFA Cup Semi Final, they HATE US with a passion, i simply pity them.

Hibernian FC geographical rivals to the Heart Of Midlothian FC, Edinburgh's one and only.

Celtic have inflicted so much misery on me over the last 40 years starting with the League Cup Semi's of 1976 and 1977, continuious Irish Republican bile being spouted from they're pathetic manky support, Scottish Cup Tie's of 1983, 1988 and 1989, the climax to the 1985/86 season, numerous league games being cheated, hammered etc do i really have to go on ?

Spot IMO. People who hate Hibs more than that manky lot are deluded.

Spot IMO. People who hate Hibs more than that manky lot are deluded.

get a grip. We had a thread on this a couple of weeks ago and there was no sign of the Hobo love-in squad.

I wonder what your attitude would be if Hibs had an extended unbeaten run against us? (god forbid) This website must be the place where all the Hearts fans who don`t hate Hibs share their views because every Hearts fan i know from 18 to 80 hates Hibs.

The teams of the past who sweated blood and guts to bring us our great record would be miffed at this attitude. Just listen to the likes of Gary MacKay, Robbo, Levein and you`d get the picture of what a derby meant.

In fact, if you don`t "get" what a derby means or should mean to you as a Hearts fan then i`d be concerned.

$ilvery_Moon
get a grip. We had a thread on this a couple of weeks ago and there was no sign of the Hobo love-in squad.

So because I dislike Celtic more I love Hibs? :sarcasm:Nice logic...

I wonder what your attitude would be if Hibs had an extended unbeaten run against us? (god forbid) This website must be the place where all the Hearts fans who don`t hate Hibs share their views because every Hearts fan i know from 18 to 80 hates Hibs.

When was the last time Hibs had a good run against us or were good enough to have a consistent good run against us? Am I showing them complacency and a lack of respect? Perhaps, but due to their pathetic record against us they deserve it. Pity is what they deserve not hatred. If you've never met a Hearts fan who hates Celtic more than Hibs you can't have met very many.

The teams of the past who sweated blood and guts to bring us our great record would be miffed at this attitude. Just listen to the likes of Gary MacKay, Robbo, Levein and you`d get the picture of what a derby meant.

A derby is important but Old Firm games against clubs we are really tested against are more important. These are the clubs that have been successful, are successful, and where we should aspire to be. Our record against the Old Firm and our comparitive lack of honours is poor and that to me is reason enough for hatred.

Hibs are our rivals accidentally and purely geographically. There is no other reason. They hate us because they have always been the worse of the 2 Edinburgh sides. Whereas historically and at the present time they aren't a threat as their derby record suggests.

In fact, if you don`t "get" what a derby means or should mean to you as a Hearts fan then i`d be concerned.

:yawn:I should be concerned? So you're a better fan than me right?

:sorcerer:

heartgarfunkel
Kidd did what he had to as a footballer. It's distasteful how he's revelled in it afterwards but I'm sure most of it is hobo spin. The St Mirren XI from that day would be in my team long before Albert.

That is my most hated XI. ****

-------------------Neil Lennon-----------------

---------------Neil Lennon Neil Lennon---------------

Sitck a Peter Grant, Frank McGarvey and Barry Ferguson in there and you,ve just about got it

Alex MacDonald

Boruc - Celtic

Aitken - Celtic

Miller - Aberdeen

McLeish - Aberdeen

Lennon - Celtic

Grant - Celtic

Kidd - Dundee

Abercrombie - St Mirren

Coyne - Celtic/Motherwell

Walker - Celtic

McGarvey - St Mirren

Subs -

Souness - Rangers

Roberts - Rangers

Kirk - Motherwell/Falkirk

N Cooper - Aberdeen/Rangers

McDowall - St Mirren

Manager - A Ferguson - Aberdeen

:sorcerer:

very good response. :hanged:

So, where`s the logic in hating a team more that`s 50 miles away? I dislike the OF alot, I dislike Hibs alot, there`s no real difference.

If Celtic beat Hearts is it harder to take? Do you take more of a ribbing off Celtic fans when they beat us as opposed to Hobos when they do?

Tell all the Hearts fans who were in their prime in the 70`s if they pitied Hibs, bet they didn`t, i`ll put money on that it was hate. All i`m saying is don`t take things for granted. Maybe our record has softened some Hearts fans up but i just hope we continue to dominate the derby so we maintain our record and enjoy more great days.

I remember when Hibs were having short term dominance over us under McLeish. I was genuinely worried we were going to witness them have a long run. It`s times like that, that make you appreciate the good times over Hibs but it`s a warning to not be two faced because if it happens again im sure you won`t "pity" them.

ps... never said i was a better fan. I always say you`ve touched a nerve when people hit back with that sheeite.

$ilvery_Moon
very good response. :hanged:

So, where`s the logic in hating a team more that`s 50 miles away? I dislike the OF alot, I dislike Hibs alot, there`s no real difference.

If Celtic beat Hearts is it harder to take? Do you take more of a ribbing off Celtic fans when they beat us as opposed to Hobos when they do?

Tell all the Hearts fans who were in their prime in the 70`s if they pitied Hibs, bet they didn`t, i`ll put money on that it was hate. All i`m saying is don`t take things for granted. Maybe our record has softened some Hearts fans up but i just hope we continue to dominate the derby so we maintain our record and enjoy more great days.

I remember when Hibs were having short term dominance over us under McLeish. I was genuinely worried we were going to witness them have a long run. It`s times like that, that make you appreciate the good times over Hibs but it`s a warning to not be two faced because if it happens again im sure you won`t "pity" them.

ps... never said i was a better fan. I always say you`ve touched a nerve when people hit back with that sheeite.

You didn't touch a nerve, quite frankly I think it was the other way round. You were the one who took it upon yourself to tell me that I should "get a grip", that I was part of a "Hobo love-in squad", and that I should be "concerned" because I don't get what a derby means.

There is no logic in hating someone because they are 50 miles away. Where is there logic in hating someone (Hibs) purely because they are our closest team? For a geographical reason? I hate Celtic because of their vile fans, the pain they have caused us in missed opportunities for success, and the fact that they have largely been a far better and more successful side than us. Same applies to Rangers but they are in my opinion slightly less poisonous.

I don't remember much of the 70s I'm not old enough to but I'm more than aware of how bad a period it was in the clubs history. Hibs have largely brought me great entertainment in my life and have never been a threat to me and my football club. You are correct things could change, maybe even my opinion, but for now Hibs are where they belong to me being nothing other than a small insignificance that we happen to beat more times than they best us.

You didn't touch a nerve, quite frankly I think it was the other way round. You were the one who took it upon yourself to tell me that I should "get a grip", that I was part of a "Hobo love-in squad", and that I should be "concerned" because I don't get what a derby means.

There is no logic in hating someone because they are 50 miles away. Where is there logic in hating someone (Hibs) purely because they are our closest team? For a geographical reason? I hate Celtic because of their vile fans, the pain they have caused us in missed opportunities for success, and the fact that they have largely been a far better and more successful side than us. Same applies to Rangers but they are in my opinion slightly less poisonous.

I don't remember much of the 70s I'm not old enough to but I'm more than aware of how bad a period it was in the clubs history. Hibs have largely brought me great entertainment in my life and have never been a threat to me and my football club. You are correct things could change, maybe even my opinion, but for now Hibs are where they belong to me being nothing other than a small insignificance that we happen to beat more times than they best us.

Na, you didn`t touch a nerve in the sense of me being proven wrong on something i just showed my objection to Hibs just being pitied than hated.

At least we agree on one thing, hating Celtic alot. I agree wholeheartedly on your points about them but as a single argument i think most Hearts fans hate Hibs and the fans who just pity them are truly a minority.

Pity them and hate them, try it, you might like it.:sorcerer:

MacDonald Jardine
one non old firm player i always hated was Tommy Turner. Ugly greetin faced little *****. His coupon looked like somebody (hopefully) jumped on it while wearing golf shoes.

Complete whanker.:20:

Up there with "hang neil lennon , hang him high":hanged:

And a good Jambo IIRC.

Chad Sexington

Boruc

Rickson Diamond Webster Murray

Mctraitor N.Cooper Lennon Ratboy

McGarvey Walker

Manager: J Calderwood.

$ilvery_Moon
Na, you didn`t touch a nerve in the sense of me being proven wrong on something i just showed my objection to Hibs just being pitied than hated.

At least we agree on one thing, hating Celtic alot. I agree wholeheartedly on your points about them but as a single argument i think most Hearts fans hate Hibs and the fans who just pity them are truly a minority.

Pity them and hate them, try it, you might like it.:sorcerer:

:smile: Glad we agree. I recognise most Hearts fans probably hate Hibs more. We'll probably agree again there is nothing more satisfying than winding them up after a victory, especially Hibs supporting friends, but to me they are not worthy of hate. I don't ****ing like them but I wouldn't say I hate them! They've brought me too much joy in life!

Boruc

Rickson Diamond Webster Murray

Mctraitor N.Cooper Lennon Ratboy

McGarvey Walker

Manager: J Calderwood.

Bang on the money.

Except the manager. I cannot do anything but laugh at Calderwood. If Carlsberg did numpties they would all look like him

Chad Sexington
Bang on the money.

Except the manager. I cannot do anything but laugh at Calderwood. If Carlsberg did numpties they would all look like him

He does have comedy value, I'll give you that.

I do genuinely hate the bloated, mahogany gasbag though.

C4CA2C06-C1C3-C341-44AD5CBC2C19BB09.jpg

gashauskis9

Boruc (cause he's a dirty ****)

Rickson (cause he's a dirty, thug of a ****)

Balde (cause he's a dirty, ref buying ****)

Diamond (cause he's an ugly, moanin faced, cheatin ****)

I.Murray (cause he's Ian Murray)

Kane (cause he puts me off ma pizza)

Lennon (cause he's a s**t stirring, dirty ****)

B.Ferguson (cause he's a ref humpin crab)

Riordan (cause he exists and allows us to hate him)

F.McGarvey (hope he spends the rest of his days strapped to a blocked chemical lavvy)

Hartson (elbow happy)

Subs:- A.Rhodes, Gough, J.Brown, McGeady, T.McManus, S.Kirk, N.Novo

Reckon it's a bit harsh to have Darren Jackson in there given that to an extent he saved us from 2nd tier fitba in 99.

...................................Artur Boruc

..Ian Murray.....Steven Pressley......John Hughes....Fernando Ricksen

...Aiden McGeady......Neil Lennon.......Craig Burley......Derek Riordan

.....................Lee Miller.......................John Hartson

Subs:

Sotirios Kygriakos

Zander Diamond

Andy Webster

Shaun Maloney

Paul Lambert

Dennis Wyness

Harry Palmer
...................................Artur Boruc

..Ian Murray.....Steven Pressley......John Hughes....Fernando Ricksen

...Aiden McGeady......Neil Lennon.......Craig Burley......Derek Riordan

.....................Lee Miller.......................John Hartson

Subs:

Sotirios Kygriakos

Zander Diamond

Andy Webster

Shaun Maloney

Paul Lambert

Dennis Wyness

Glad someone realised the 'SPL' only covers from 1998. Did 'Yogi' play in the SPHell?

Broonaldo?

Glad someone realised the 'SPL' only covers from 1998. Did 'Yogi' play in the SPHell?

Broonaldo?

The thread is the most hated Scottish team in the last 25 years.

Try reading.

Yogi stays.

Broxburn_Jambo
What makes you say that? I cannot understand why, when talking about players you hate, you would turn to hating a Hearts player. There is no Hearts player past or present that I would consider in a "hate XI" simply because I am a Hearts fan.

Odd comment IMO.

I had already explained on the thread why i hated him if you had bothered to look. I cannot and will not laud every diddy just because they happen to play for hearts. IMO the club is much bigger than individual players and will still be there long after the likes of Wyness have retired.

I had already explained on the thread why i hated him if you had bothered to look. I cannot and will not laud every diddy just because they happen to play for hearts. IMO the club is much bigger than individual players and will still be there long after the likes of Wyness have retired.

I had bothered to look and still think you are being a bit daft. I never suggested you should "laud every diddy" nor did I suggest that Hearts would not be here long after Wyness retires. What an odd, off topic response. Did you read my post before replying to it and see anything to suggest this?

I think it is a little silly to list a Hearts player as "hated" when discussing the opposition. I don't hate the worst Hearts player any more than any opposition footballer. Quite how you can hate Hearts players is beyond me, especially when there have been so many players that were inferior to Wyness.

If its the most hated by all and not just hearts fans then you would have to include........

Paul Hartley

Saul Mikoluinas

and possibly John Robertson.

If its the most hated by all and not just hearts fans then you would have to include........

Paul Hartley

Saul Mikoluinas

and possibly John Robertson.

Possibly, but this whole thread has been about people naming their most hated. For example the OP has listed a bunch of Hibs/C*lt!c players, I would imagine that Hibs/C*lt!c fans don't hate their own.

The dude above that listed Wyness has also picked his personal opinion, as he cannot possibly believe that Dennis Wyness is one of the most hated players in Scottish football.

Charlie-Brown
I had bothered to look and still think you are being a bit daft. I never suggested you should "laud every diddy" nor did I suggest that Hearts would not be here long after Wyness retires. What an odd, off topic response. Did you read my post before replying to it and see anything to suggest this?

I think it is a little silly to list a Hearts player as "hated" when discussing the opposition. I don't hate the worst Hearts player any more than any opposition footballer. Quite how you can hate Hearts players is beyond me, especially when there have been so many players that were inferior to Wyness.

The only Hearts player I ever hated was Hugh Burns. :smash:

Archived