Tin Hat on but ...... Elvis

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

I am no fan of Elvis after the Cel'ic game and probably not much more of a fan of the National team but...................... given the call off from the team why not go for a line up of:

McGregor [but Gordon would make more sense]

Alexandar Barr Elvis Berra Wallace [get him drafted in now!]

Caldwell [protecting the lack of pace of Elvis]

Brown Fergusson Fletcher [Darren - obviously]

Miller

Elvis could rely on the pace of Barr and Berra and he has good working relationship with both cover Centre Halfs and Walace is by far our best left back!

Don't expect many will agree but ............. opinions opinions :hanged:

Harry Roberts

i think i'd urinate all over the couch with laughter if i heard pressley was gonna start on saturday.

he was finished when he was at hearts for goodness sake.

I am no fan of Elvis after the Cel'ic game and probably not much more of a fan of the National team but...................... given the call off from the team why not go for a line up of:

Miller

Elvis could rely on the pace of Barr and Berra and he has good working relationship with both cover Centre Halfs and Walace is by far our best left back!

Good luck with that!

Miller

And they say the drugs don't work:5::goofy2:

Harry Roberts
i'm happy as long as he doesn't get near the press conference.

hahaha

i doubt he'd really tell us much to be fair.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm not saying for a second he should play because he shouldn't. BUT ...

I love when folk say he was finished at Hearts, I take it you missed the Falkirk game where he totally outplayed out centre backs?

Doctor FinnBarr
i think i'd urinate all over the couch with laughter if i heard pressley was gonna start on saturday.

he was finished when he was at hearts for goodness sake.

You talk like you may prefer some other team!

:qqb016:

Harry Roberts

the falkirk game where he was 4 yards of the pace and that should have been enough to see him get a red card for a reckless lunge?

yeah i seen that.

the falkirk game where he pressurised a linesman into over ruling a referee despite it being clear to everyone in the stadium it was a clear penalty.

i seen that too

he was finished at hearts and is finished now

Charlie-Brown

I love when folk say he was finished at Hearts, I take it you missed the Falkirk game where he totally outplayed out centre backs?

By outplayed you mean cynically fouled Hearts players and manipulated the match officials? :smash:

By outplayed you mean cynically fouled and manipulated the match officials? :smash:

No I mean embarrased out defenders by playing better than them. I would love our lot to 'cynically foul and manipulate match officials' if it got us results, wouldn't you?

:troll:

You really must try harder.

At least with the game kicking off at 8pm most of us watching will be half pashed anyway,i always enjoy a laugh and think saturday might be a case of better to laugh than cry,especially if the coach gets a game.

Charlie-Brown
No I mean embarrased out defenders by playing better than them. I would love our lot to 'cynically foul and manipulate match officials' if it got us results, wouldn't you?

I think we must have watched a different match? I thought he fouled constantly nevermind his other dubious antics.

I think we must have watched a different match? I thought he fouled constantly nevermind his other dubious antics.

I see you didn't bother answering the other bit.

His dubious antics saw him earn hero status in his eight years here btw, I can't recall you moaning about it then. Bit two faced on your part Charlie boy.

winston churchill

judas chest thumper should concentrate on taking falkirk down.

that said,i'd love to see the old dive on the ball when skinned party trick one more time.

Charlie-Brown
I see you didn't bother answering the other bit.

His dubious antics saw him earn hero status in his eight years here btw, I can't recall you moaning about it then. Bit two faced on your part Charlie boy.

Nope sorry AP - was never a huge Elvis fan - ask shaun.lawson - I wanted him out the team long before he left the club , he was well past his best then - Hearts did well not to extend his contract given how few times he actually managed to stay fit & play in the following 18 months.

Harry Roberts
You tell me.

You speak about "Hearts" as if you support someone else!

:qqb016:

haha wondered when this would happen.

told my mate i had signed up for here at the start of the week and he reckoned i'd get called all sorts, is that what happens to newcomers on here?

sweet, i can deal with that.

i've been a member on other hearts fans forums for years, i'm also a member of some other teams forums also, is that ok?

not that i have to justify myself but i'm a current season ticket holder (8 out of the last 10 years) my first game was in 1983. i wasn't at ibrox on sat, that was the 3rd game i've missed this season. i've been to dublin, vienna, munich, majorca, bordeux and basle following hmfc, i've not missed a derby home, away or neutral for 15 years.

you bash on though columbo.

Nope sorry AP - was never a huge Elvis fan - ask shaun.lawson - I wanted him out the team long before he left the club , he was well past his best then - Hearts did well not to extend his contract given how few times he actually managed to stay fit & play in the following 18 months.

No worries. Must be one of the very few who didn't rate him then.

Doctor FinnBarr
haha wondered when this would happen.

told my mate i had signed up for here at the start of the week and he reckoned i'd get called all sorts, is that what happens to newcomers on here?

sweet, i can deal with that.

i've been a member on other hearts fans forums for years, i'm also a member of some other teams forums also, is that ok?

not that i have to justify myself but i'm a current season ticket holder (8 out of the last 10 years) my first game was in 1983. i wasn't at ibrox on sat, that was the 3rd game i've missed this season. i've been to dublin, vienna, munich, majorca, bordeux and basle following hmfc, i've not missed a derby home, away or neutral for 15 years.

you bash on though columbo.

Just asking but feel obliged to do this now to prove your mate right.

:smell_hobo:

Charlie-Brown

I did rate him AP and thought he was great for us & Scotland between 1998-2004 but after he got a back injury in approx 2003 he started to miss more & more games and slowed right up - fair play to him he was excellent in the latter stages of 2005-06 and him & Hartley dragged us over the finishing line to champions league & Scottish Cup by sheer force of personality and he deserved his Winners medal & all the plaudits - but the next season was a season too far for him as it also was for Jankauskas & Fysass and they were visibly much slower & more easily injured / fitness knocks etc.....fair play many players want to play on as long as they possibly but sometimes it aint always to the benefit of the team and they don't always do themselves justice compared to previous high standards......

Just asking but feel obliged to do this now to prove your mate right.

:smell_hobo:

Give over man!

Miller

Very narrow, I'm sure holland would be quaking in their boots at the thought of alexander and wallace being the ones to offer anything on the wings, bursting up from the wing back position... you're almost certainly on your own with that one mate.

Toxteth O'Grady

That is correct Charlie I remember you saying that you thought it was time for a whole new defence after we were pumped 4-0 by the Sticky's.

I agree Elvis was past it in his last season with us, he was covering up his lack of pace by fouling and falling over.

shaun.lawson

I can confirm this. Charlie and I certainly had some barneys on here in the year or so before Elvis left!

Cloud and choo-choo land spring to mind. Its beyond insanity!

Is that some magical place up in the sky with trains?

As for the OP...:D. Elvis is past it, and now is not the time to chuck in as many inexperienced youngsters as possible

And one of the few who rated his 'better than Elvis' replacement in Zaliukas.

Is that the game he cheated us out of a penalty by having an influencial chat with his SFA colleague, and the game he should have been sent off in?

I'm pretty sure most of the 'Centre Halving' was done by his two youthful companions on either side. Elvis may have called the shots to some degree but was never seriously called upon to ...ahem, expose himself

The one moment I do remember was when he cynically ( and perhaps dangerously ) hacked down an opponent when clearly yards off the pace.

As for 'enjoying' those antics when he played for us ?.........nah, he was never quite that ruthless and most of his 'professional fouls' were laughable.

The classic sight of him shielding the ball to the corner flag then collapsing in a heap to gain a foul was an absolute embarrassment !!

I'm pretty sure most of the 'Centre Halving' was done by his two youthful companions on either side. Elvis may have called the shots to some degree but was never seriously called upon to ...ahem, expose himself

The one moment I do remember was when he cynically ( and perhaps dangerously ) hacked down an opponent when clearly yards off the pace.

As for 'enjoying' those antics when he played for us ?.........nah, he was never quite that ruthless and most of his 'professional fouls' were laughable.

The classic sight of him shielding the ball to the corner flag then collapsing in a heap to gain a foul was an absolute embarrassment !!

Elvis was much better than our centre backs in that game.

Barr is in the Scotland squad yet was taking his positioning and looking for guidance from Elvis.

However, if we are looking for a suggestion for an older centre half to come back into the squad on a 'desperation basis', would suggest Lee Wilkie.

I don't buy into all the Elvis is a Judas stuff but based purely on the fact hes slow and well past his best then theres no way in hell he should play tomorrow. Van Persie, Robben, Huntelaar etc would rip him to shreds with their pace and skill...

Miller

Didn't he play the last time we played the Dutch in Holland?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Fine, play him, with a little luck he will break both legs and that will be the end of the matter.

No surprise to see so many pull out of the Scotland squad when that wheasel is involved.

Archived