That Was The Team That Was

Hambone

I still remeber all the Hearts bues arriving back at Tynie, loads of buses, loads and loads of people, yet not a sound, I've got goose bumps just thinking back, it was surreal

Harry Roberts

can't bring myself to watch it, got 5 mins in. was the same when it was on tv first time round.

i was only 10 but i was there and i remember it so well

still hurts like hell

85/86 was fantastic. a privilege to have been part of it.

Correct sir.

Fine Scottish Wine

Hans von Luck
how anybody that lived/went through that season can watch it is beyond me.

Just sat and watched it just now Captain for the first time, still a great season to be part of.

Both of us on the Manor bus at every game great memories.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE HEAT OF MIDLOTHIAN.

Geordie Jambo

As I now work in London, some of the guys at work asked what is so good about being a Heart of Midlothian supporter. I then showed them this and they now fully understand what makes this club the best club in the world.

Was too young to be at Dens and Hampden that year, but still makes me cry when I watch this.

Heart of Midlothian for ever!

Hans von Luck

Just sat and watched it just now Captain for the first time, still a great season to be part of.

Both of us on the Manor bus at every game great memories.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE SUPPORTERS OF HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

janie jones

A great season but a painful end. I remember being amongst the last few hundred out of Hampden after the final. About 40,000 plus Jambos there that day the majority who were still singing for the team long after the sheep had departed. A very proud day to be a Hearts fan.

As many have had said this was season that the real rebirth of the Hearts started. Whilst the filth from Leith may taunt us with AK they have no idea that for those of us who followed the team that season it is one we all look back on with enormous pride.

For me we could win ten SC's but the pain of Dens won't be truly exorcised till the League Flag is flying high over Tynie. Still a great season though and a great group of men.

HHGH

Watched the video and can't even imagine what it must've been like to be a Hearts' fan in the 85/86 season. A magnificent season with a terrible end. Can't begin to wonder what I would've felt if I was at Dens' Park on the last day of the season.

Archived