Two red card decisions changed in England today.

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts Heritage

We HAVE a very similar system here. The Problem is the Referees NOT overturning their decisions a la Iain Brines at Aberdeen

We HAVE a very similar system here. The Problem is the Referees NOT overturning their decisions a la Iain Brines at Aberdeen

No, the problem is the ref is judge and jury. No way will he ever change his mind if it would make him look stupid. Once the power to over turn red cards is taken from refs, you will see a vast difference. All reds to OF overturned all others stand. Oh that's how it works now. No change then.

No, the problem is the ref is judge and jury. No way will he ever change his mind if it would make him look stupid. Once the power to over turn red cards is taken from refs, you will see a vast difference. All reds to OF overturned all others stand. Oh that's how it works now. No change then.

The real problem in that particular case was Iain Brines. His failure to admit that he had got it wrong told you all you really need to know about the man.

I'll bet that if that particular incident had involved a player from either of the Old Filth there is little or no doubt that the decision would have been reversed.

Donald MacVicar and Co harp on all the time about referees demanding to shown "respect", and that removing the referees decision as being "final" totally undermines their position in the game. Respect has to earned and I'm afraid I lost my respect totally for Ian Brines after that particular fiasco. As for Gordon Smith, I'm afraid we all know that he's never going to rock the establishment boat - especially in any case that could have profound repercussions for either of the Old Filth.

Archived