Csaba "successful football better than nice football"

bn jambo

Great...I can't wait until he shows us successful football

You can't argue with the league position. He has been successful with that.

Hasn't been nice football though.

Only 3rd after such a strong finish last season with no better players?

Awful.

Gimme an H...

If you want to be entertained, **** off to Barcelona and watch them week in week out, you embarassment of an individual.

I think care needs to be taken here

If negative football is getting results this is one thing

It doesnt mean more attack minded attractive football doesnt get results as well, and it doesnt mean we are incapable of playing such a way.

The fact that we dont even try to play attractive football and are scraping results together is true though.

Hopefully Csaba is flexible enough to now see what 2 strikers in a Hearts team can do, given the chance...

You can't argue with the league position. He has been successful with that.

Hasn't been nice football though.

It's hardly ever been nice since the cup winning season but at least it is more successful and Tynie is becoming a bit of a fortress again.Our away form needs fixing though.

this season should all be about results 1st performance 2nd, i'd rather be in 3rd place than stagnating in lower to mid table like Flair FC,

next season i'll be looking for improved displays but for now we should all be happy with the way this season is going so far

this season should all be about results 1st performance 2nd, i'd rather be in 3rd place than stagnating in lower to mid table like Flair FC,

next season i'll be looking for improved displays but for now we should all be happy with the way this season is going so far

delighted by the progress his season. i'll be more than happy if next season is another season like this one to consolidate the work csaba has done.

those looking for some kind of mythological nirvana of fancy football can feck off to easter road to find it.... which they will not. leaving them the one remaining option which is to feck off in general.

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Celtic 1-1 Hearts

Hibs 0-2 Hearts

Hearts 2-1 Aberdeen

Dundee Utd 0-1 Hearts

Hearts 2-1 Motherwell

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

Stop typing before you embarrass yourself. Again.

Rangers 2 Hearts 0

Falkirk 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 2

Hearts 0 Celtic 2

Dundee Utd 3 Hearts 0

Motherwell 1 Hearts 0

Hearts 0 Falkirk 1

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

Hamilton 2 Hearts 0

Hearts 1 St Mirren 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 0

Hearts 0 Airdrie United 0 (lose on penalties)

Johanes de Silentio
Rangers 2 Hearts 0

Falkirk 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 2

Hearts 0 Celtic 2

Dundee Utd 3 Hearts 0

Motherwell 1 Hearts 0

Hearts 0 Falkirk 1

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

Hamilton 2 Hearts 0

Hearts 1 St Mirren 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 0

Jesus Christ all****ingmighty!

you can't keep everyone happy obviously.

If we had at least as good results as this season and playing attractive attacking football??

Jesus Christ all****ingmighty!

Borthers mentioned the good results I am just highlighting the bad ones

Johanes de Silentio
Borthers mentioned the good results I am just highlighting the bad ones

Well done, you.

Jambof3tornado

When we start finishing top of the league every season,only then will I want sexy football over results.

Ryan Gosling

We've only lost one more SPL game (at this point anyway) than we did in the Burley season.

Sack the moon.

Guest JamboRobbo

We've only lost one more SPL game (at this point anyway) than we did in the Burley season.

Sack the moon.

So does that mean Csaba is almost as good as Burley?

Or does it mean Csaba is worse than Rix..........

It doesnt mean more attack minded attractive football doesnt get results as well, and it doesnt mean we are incapable of playing such a way.

The fact that we dont even try to play attractive football and are scraping results together is true though.

Hopefully Csaba is flexible enough to now see what 2 strikers in a Hearts team can do, given the chance...

Completely agree.

Rangers 2 Hearts 0

Falkirk 2 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Kilmarnock 2

Hearts 0 Celtic 2

Dundee Utd 3 Hearts 0

Motherwell 1 Hearts 0

Hearts 0 Falkirk 1

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 0

Hamilton 2 Hearts 0

Hearts 1 St Mirren 1

Hibs 1 Hearts 0

So there has been ups and downs just as there has been for everyone else in the league.Simply fact is we are 5 points clear in 3rd.I don't know who it is you are envious of of playing scintillating football but it can't be anybody below us in the SPL because over the course of the season so far they have played worse football than us.

not quantifiable. they had a completely different squad and budget.

but was Rix picking the team then and is Csaba picking the team now? ;)

i'm sure we'll be back to our Champions league winning best once Ian Black joins up.

Drylaw Hearts

Whilst Csaba's statement is true...........

It would be nice if he at least tried to play some 'nice football' and achieve success.

I'm hoping that he's used this Season to steady the ship and assess the squad he has at his disposal and then next Season he'll be a bit more positive in our style of play.

Charlie-Brown

I wonder if our relative success in the Spl this season will influence opposition managers thoughts about their teams formation & tactics?

Whilst Csaba's statement is true...........

It would be nice if he at least tried to play some 'nice football' and achieve success.

I'm hoping that he's used this Season to steady the ship and assess the squad he has at his disposal and then next Season he'll be a bit more positive in our style of play.

I'd agree with some of that. I think we have shown at times (often through necessity it has to be said) that we can play football as well as most of the teams in the league so the dour approach is frustrating. 2nd hald Saturday, Celtic away, Rangers at home, Easter Road 1st time round, Motherwell 1st time round, Inverness in patches we've played some good stuff and looked dangerous.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd agree with some of that. I think we have shown at times (often through necessity it has to be said) that we can play football as well as most of the teams in the league so the dour approach is frustrating. 2nd hald Saturday, Celtic away, Rangers at home, Easter Road 1st time round, Motherwell 1st time round, Inverness in patches we've played some good stuff and looked dangerous.

Agreed.

We do play nice football in spells.

The problem is, other than the odd occasion, the nice football isnt incisive and doesnt lead to us scoring all that often.

Charlie-Brown

Next season could be a whole new tactical battle for Csaba if more Spl teams set out to play 'successful' football.

ToadKiller Dog

Thats Csaba chances of getting the hibs job any time in the future gone.

Funny for a negative team we are 4th in terms of shots at a goal and on target just a pity our scoring ratio is not a bit higher.

I would say sitting 3rd at this time given last year is so far a success by any standard but we shouldnt hand out medals yet until the season is over .

IMO Csaba is doing the right thing for his first season building a solid base ,hope he gets the time and the backing to build on this .

Also the players need a bit of praise for the hard work most are putting in .

Csaba is doing a job with the players he has and using them to get results, IF we get European football it's Job done by Csaba, hopefully we will see the benefits during the summer with a full pre-season and a little bit of a change in the playing staff.

For all the doubters, would you say that giving the man a full season with a full pre season would be the best way to judge a man who came in when , to be honest, we were all just happy to be rid of frail????

AND as an add on if we played "successful" football all season and won the SPL would you still be moaning??????

I'm not sure i really like what Csaba is saying to be honest, I can see that he thinks the defensive football is what is getting the results and fair play 3rd in the league shows he IS getting results.

I think though there is a lot of over simplification going on here. He's trying to point out that "nice" football is responsible for the defensive errors that led to the goals but trying to play the pass and move game isn't wrong and defensive mistakes happen no matter what kind of game you try to play, it's not"nice" football that's the problem but individual mistakes which occur however you play.

There is certainly a time and place for the defensive football but it's not the case that it should be that or nothing, we could play that way in tougher games but I see no reason to try and play a more attacking game against easier sides look at how we played on saturday once we changed it around and were more adventurous, compare that to the bad play we had in the first half when playing defensively. If you look at the list of games I8HIBS put up, some of these might have be won had we been more attacking from the start or at least from half-time.

I don't like that fact that Csaba seems to be dismissing the "nice" football - I'd like him to be more open minded, I think a lot of our results this season could potentially have gone either way, knife edge stuff and at some point bad, hanging-on, football will catch up with us -I think he needs to recognize that as well rather than just trying to point out he's being successful.

i think hearts are a real confidence side just now. the confidence can take a knock sometimes when we're being outplayed and it can affect the players very quickly, all thoughts of silky football are swiftly binned. all it takes is for a couple of things to come off or a wee spell of possession and off they go into a decent passing game.

big if but if the likes of tullberg and elliot are going to get a chance in the weeks to come then we might see a bit of channel running. i would like to see tullberg, elliot or glen playing off the shoulder of their markers and latching on to the kind of passes that we know stewart and aguiar are capable of. we definitely could use another string to our bow, mix it up a bit to avoid getting too predictable.

jamboinglasgow

I do agree that attack minded football gain great results however I would argue that with the players we have at the moment we dont have that.

You need the correct players to make fast flowing attack minded football work. We dont have that now, that is why it is hard, ground out results. The summer is the time to get the players who can play the football that is more exciting and interesting.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Always been the way..

build the team on a good defense,then a strong midfield.

He is just doing what our striker situation required...

Defense was working so well up to the loss of Berra when we had the motherwell/hami games which set us back.Hopefully next season the team will not be too damaged at the back so we can be longer forward more.

Guest JamboRobbo
apologies for not understanding your opinion.

no need to apologise. I'm getting quite used to you not understanding anything.

no need to apologise. I'm getting quite used to you not understanding anything.

super. i'll admit to not understanding you.

Guest JamboRobbo
super. i'll admit to not understanding you.

excellent. you should start a pointless thread about it. it's been at least a couple of hours.

Is it just me (probably) but I dont actually think our defence - as in the back 4 itself - are that good

Its just that the midfield and the defence together as a defensive unit simply make it difficult for other teams to score - mostly by discipline, hard work and the numbers making it stuffy

excellent. you should start a pointless thread about it. it's been at least a couple of hours.

hilarious.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

• Driver
  • Aguiar
  • Nade
  • Wallace
  • Ruben
  • Obua
  • Kingston

All players who are very comfortable on the ball and in some cases, some of the more skillfull players in the SPHell. I firmly believe we could get success playing better football. It's weird because we actually started the season with a very promising passing game.

You should probably make another pointless repetitive post about it now. Its been at least 4 minutes.

• Driver
  • Aguiar
  • Nade
  • Wallace
  • Ruben
  • Obua
  • Kingston

All players who are very comfortable on the ball and in some cases, some of the more skillfull players in the SPHell. I firmly believe we could get success playing better football. It's weird because we actually started the season with a very promising passing game.

Yes we did and some folk on here were not happy with that.

Is it just me (probably) but I dont actually think our defence - as in the back 4 itself - are that good

Its just that the midfield and the defence together as a defensive unit simply make it difficult for other teams to score - mostly by discipline, hard work and the numbers making it stuffy

I think we have the best pair of full backs in the league.

Its a funny old game.....

Sitting at Ibrox at half time on Saturday and having become used to seeing us play our usual defensive, unattractive stuff all season - i genuinely saw no way back for us.

What I saw in the second half was a remarkable demonstration of how we can play when we really need to. It was like watching another team.

I feel a little more reassured that we still have the capability to actually "play" once in a while......

Its a funny old game.....

Sitting at Ibrox at half time on Saturday and having become used to seeing us play our usual defensive, unattractive stuff all season - i genuinely saw no way back for us.

What I saw in the second half was a remarkable demonstration of how we can play when we really need to. It was like watching another team.

I feel a little more reassured that we still have the capability to actually "play" once in a while......

a couple of people remarked about that, that it was great to see csaba produce a viable 'plan B'.

i would like to think it was all done through design from what he had seen in the first half but it may also have been him chancing his arm and getting lucky.

he doesn't strike me as being simply lucky, he's done the business too many times for that.

Archived