Calum Elliot

tranent-jambo

tranent-jambo

I would just like to say to all you Calum haters... GET IT RIGHT ****ING UP YE!!

Regards Jamie

I have doubted his ability on numerous occassions and he played extremely well at Ibrox as I witnessed first hand.

However, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Prove me wrong Elliot.

The Future's Maroon

45min good performance and its a GIRFUY thread? Strange!

The Future's Maroon
If you google Barbara Summer, you may retract that statement!! (only over 18's should do the search I suggest....if you catch my drift)!! :20:

Sorry for double post.

If you google Barbara Summer, you may retract that statement!! (only over 18's should do the search I suggest....if you catch my drift)!! :20:

Sorry for double post.

I was waiting for a comment like this. :laugh:

tranent-jambo

No its the fact that i've always knew he was a good player hence the fact he had a trial at Liverpool when he was 16... and he proved so yestreday

he's had his first decent performance in a Hearts jersey for a good couple of seasons, it'll take more than 45 minutes to convince me he's the answer to our attacking problems.

reality check please

neverlikedElvis

I was chuffed to bits for Calum. if he gets the nod in future weeks (and the supporters get off his back) he could make a difference to our run-in.

Hearts have pretty much done all that could be done to wreck this laddie's career. we owe him big time. aye the you tube clip was toe-curlingly bad....but he was a daft laddie at the time.

it is way too early for a GIRUY thread but I enjoyed reading your post Jamie. hopefully there is still a chance for a GIRUY thread mate and I'll look forward to signing it.

I'd rather see him start any game than Nade, the guys just too damn slow and couldnae control his ain bowels!

tranent-jambo

I offer apologies beforehand if he turns out to be pish but lets admit i wouldnt miss Nade if Calum gets the nod

neverlikedElvis

nade is decent IMO and has done ok in leading the line. I would really like to see elliot become a regular feature in the run in. he stood out for livi during his spell there and scored a right few goals. if he hadn't already been with us, he's the type of striker supporters would have been thinking was worth a bash.

IMO he became such an unpopular player because he was starting games 2/3 years ago when it was clear there were better strikers on the bench. that wasn't his fault though.

he doesn't "hide" on the park though. deserves another chance and if he gets it, we'll benefit from it

hearts_crazy

There a lot of folk on here who simply don't have the nads to admit they were wrong. Some people will go to ridiculous lengths to try and prove they were right about a player even to the point of embarrassing themselves by slating a player who has just put in a man of the match performance.

I am not one of those, I have been one of Calum Elliot's biggest critics, I just didn't see it, I could not for the life of me understand why Stevie Frail last season insisted upon playing him, telling us over and over again how he was the new Ronaldo in training blah blah blah. Yet on a Saturday he invariably made a complete tool of himself. It also irked me when Elliot himself would make statements to the TV and press before a match about how he was the man to fire us up the league before consistently, spectacularly failing to do so.

But amongst the critisism was a very real desire for him to prove me wrong. The guy is a Hearts player, I want him to be good, if a Hearts player consistently fails to impress, yet keeps getting a game, especially if it's ahead of more talented players I find it quite embarassing TBH. I was there when he came on against Hamilton and his only contribution was an outrageous effort that I think ended up at Fir Park, didn't stop me wanting him to be the man who turned that game on it's head though.

Saturday was a wee taster, finally a glimpse of what it was that had Stevie Frail salivating. I would LOVE him to be able to do it consistently, to regain the scoring form he had when he was at Livi. IF he can do that, and I am still sceptical, while tentatively optimistic about his ability to step up to the plate, then I will gladly swallow that humble pie the OP is offering. As I say, I only want what is best for the mighty JTs, if that is a resurgent Calum Elliot then so be it.

In other words I will admit I was wrong, but I reserve the right to delay that admission until I am sure this was not just a flash in the pan, like the 2 goals against ICT last season was a flash in the pan. I'm willing to give him a millionth chance to prove himself, but I want to see him do it week in, week out, not once in a blue moon.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Elliot has been his own worst enemy. I don't think you can have a go at the fans for that. If he has finally screwed the nut, then good for him.

I must admit I am not a CLUM fam, but if he plays like he did when he came on agqainst DER HUN I will hold my hands up and appologise to the guy personally if he wants. He must prove himself though one good 45 minutes doesn't make him a world beater, obvioulsly our SHABBA has seen something and brought this out in the boy so thank you Shabba once again , pitty it has came a wee bit late for the push for second.

brellierlegend
No its the fact that i've always knew he was a good player hence the fact he had a trial at Liverpool when he was 16... and he proved so yestreday

You are a legend!

I hope one day you will be a football manager. Elliot has a long long way to go to prove himself at Hearts so a GIRFUY thread is way premature!

Generally speaking - "good" players who get a trial at liverpool, will funnily enough, end up getting signed by Liverpool.

The fact he got a trial at liverpool, got nothing from it, ended up at hearts, and then paid a visit to the likes of Murderwell and Livi is probably a better measure of his ability.

That said - he had a good 45 mins on Saturday and definately played his part in winning us the point so fair do's and credit where its due.

I'd like to see him apply himself like that on a more regular basis though than chuck hissy fits when things dont go his way.

Elliot is like Nade - he does ok in a game with regards to touch etc

His job as a striker is to score goals and he (like Nade) is a complete failure at it

peebles jambo

elliot appears to have grabbed his chance with both hands, hopefully he can become the player that shaggy thought he was

I remember a very good 45 against Celtic once! Lets face it no-one wants any Hearts player to not do well but his bank balance is still well overdrawn. If he becomes an asset we will all be pleased so the OP can ......!

maroonlegions

Credit due ,were credit due, the boy played well so deservers a pat on the back.Did see him on his sun don't shine with arms in the air moaning to the ref at one point though.:qqb016:

jambos are go!

His first team form has been patchy at best. However, I found it difficult to dismiss the high opinion various coaches and scouts kept expressing about Elliott. Much more reliable than the dogs of war who rampage over this board IMO attacking everything and everybody.

Adi Dassler

Two of my mates had trials at Liverpool.

One now sells light fittings and the other works for DHL.

I got scouted by Middlesborough when I was 16, can I play for hearts please?

Mr Quagmire
I have doubted his ability on numerous occassions and he played extremely well at Ibrox as I witnessed first hand.

Prove me wrong Elliot.

I agree.

Yes he played well. Yes he had an assist.

Hopefully he can go on to score a few goals this season and IF he goes on to score 15+ goals next season then i will hail him as a decent forward for hearts.

Its over to you Mr Elliot.

:

I hope Elliott turns out to be a striker, but to put it into context he was facing a Rangers defence made up of McCulloch and Dailly!!

How he performs next Saturday against the thug that it Fraser Wright will tell us a lot more than a sub appearance against two has beens.

Poor wee soul! Clum must've been telling the wee hobo thug how good a game he had against the Rankers, then, instead of being a star, he's seeing some!! Hope the hobo gets six years! But, as for the OP, you are havin a larf!! Clum's got a long, long way to go before he can convince me that he has anything to offer the Jambos in the longer-term future. Will wait with baited breath!:qqb007:

Elliot changed the game on Saturday but it's a bit premature to say that he has proved his doubters wrong. Hopefully he gets a few starts between now and the end of the season to give him a chance to show if he's good enough.

It's funny though, on the way through to Glasgow I was discussing that if Elliot didn't feature soon then he would be away at the end of the season. Then he comes on and puts in a great performance.

Drylaw Hearts
Elliot has been his own worst enemy. I don't think you can have a go at the fans for that. If he has finally screwed the nut, then good for him.

Hearts did CE no favours by sending him out on loan and replacing him with a lesser player in Jamie Mole after he'd had a decent Season.

I think that destroyed his confidence.

He had enough confidence to bang plenty in for livi though....

Lets just hope saturday's performance bossts his confidence a bit.

the original post is crazy, and that's from someone who has pretty much always stood up for Elliot. He still has a lot to prove, but what he did show on Saturday was that he should be trusted to start games and given a decent run in the team. If he continues to show his undoubted ability, he'll do ok. again, I don't think him alone is the answer, but him and Nade or him and a partner (Glen?) might be.

I wonder why they didn't sign him. Clearly nothing wrong with his delivery...

he's had his first decent performance in a Hearts jersey for a good couple of seasons, it'll take more than 45 minutes to convince me he's the answer to our attacking problems.

reality check please

2 goals Vs Inverness last season.

Guest jambomickey
Hearts did CE no favours by sending him out on loan and replacing him with a lesser player in Jamie Mole after he'd had a decent Season.

also the young lad suffered because of the sacking madness and team interference.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Agree, but it didn't excuse the daft sendings off or gesturing towards the fans. If he has put those silly aspects behind him then he can concentrate on being a professional.

Ray Winstone
I would just like to say to all you Calum haters... GET IT RIGHT ****ING UP YE!!

Regards Jamie

Moronic post imo.

One swallow does not make a summer.

You having a laugh? What a moronic thread.

Calum Elliot has proved himself as very incompetent for Heart of Midlothian in the past few years. Furthermore, he talked down the club in the newspapers and made an arse of himself.

The truth is, he's never ever going to play for another club anywhere as big as the Hearts. Because his attitude is all wrong, and he's just not that impressive.

He came on and done alright for 45 minutes at Ibrox, i won't discredit the lad by listing his dire performances for Hearts (too long a list), and i hope he's turned over a new leaf. I should think it's last chance saloon though, and rightly so.

PS. Will ignore the claptrap about Liverpool.

reality check please

Have to agree, was always prepared to give him more opportunities but Shabba will need to 'man-manage' him properly if he is to win over the home support.

You having a laugh? What a moronic thread.

Calum Elliot has proved himself as very incompetent for Heart of Midlothian in the past few years. Furthermore, he talked down the club in the newspapers and made an arse of himself.

The truth is, he's never ever going to play for another club anywhere as big as the Hearts. Because his attitude is all wrong, and he's just not that impressive.

He came on and done alright for 45 minutes at Ibrox, i won't discredit the lad by listing his dire performances for Hearts (too long a list), and i hope he's turned over a new leaf. I should think it's last chance saloon though, and rightly so.

PS. Will ignore the claptrap about Liverpool.

Depending on the odds you are offering, I might be prepared to take a bet on that.

Depending on the odds you are offering, I might be prepared to take a bet on that.

Why do you put yourself through this, Calum?

Archived