Ruben's glee

Groot

Captain Sausage

Brilliant to see it means something to the players. Ruben starting to score on a regular basis? Good stuff.

that's a pic of him coming out the tunnel after HT after having a rocket fired up his hole.

can't wait to see the highlights.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i have always been a fan of ruben, well done son.

great to see his elation.

screensaver material

Amasing that such a donkey could score such a goal, well done though Ruben, you're never a footballer but great goal son!!!

madnessjambo

3inaB what a clown u are Hearts have a more balanced team when Ruben is in there. His workrate is second to none. He may well make the occasional mistake but to say he is not a footabller is totally disrespectful to one of Hearts better players IMHO.

Everybody loves Baz
Amasing that such a donkey could score such a goal, well done though Ruben, you're never a footballer but great goal son!!!

Absolute clown you are,

Who in the first half wasn't a failure?

Ruben was one of the first in the second half to get his finger out and take the game to the huns/do something about the situation we were in!

I'm not slaggin him as such, he just looks so akward and when he passes it's like an effort rather than just being natural. I guess I mean he's probably a basketball player who plays football, he does a good job but it's a totally un-natural akward donkeyesque good job. his style is just so akward but a great great goal today.

do you actually understand what he does???

Harry Palmer

Pardon? Are you Maradona? Pele? Clodoaldo?

Ruben is a footballer; I tried to be, a few years ago, we didn't lose a game even though I was central defender! Are you or have you ever been in a football team?

Midfield is one of the hardest positions to play; you need to be aware of what is happening all over the pitch.

The Colonel
I'm not slaggin him as such, he just looks so akward and when he passes it's like an effort rather than just being natural. I guess I mean he's probably a basketball player who plays football, he does a good job but it's a totally un-natural akward donkeyesque good job. his style is just so akward but a great great goal today.

Just because you don't like the way he passes he's a donkey?

Good one. Ruben or Bruno are our two best midfielders.

past someones bedtime

:rofl:

You are not slagging him as such, but he is a donkey and never a footballer?

On topic, IMO Palazuelos is the best central midfielder we have. He is a passer of the ball and can hold the central midfield position well. Also, he is an awfy nice guy that genuinely seems to care about the club and doing well. That, and I am a sucker for a player kissing the jersey after scoring an important goal. :)

On topic, IMO Palazuelos is the best central midfielder we have. He is a passer of the ball and can hold the central midfield position well. Also, he is an awfy nice guy that genuinely seems to care about the club and doing well. That, and I am a sucker for a player kissing the jersey after scoring an important goal. :)

Some people have thought Ruben was last years JKB player of the year by default but IMO he was our most consistant performer last year.

He reminds me of Neil Berry in some ways, not often very flash but goes about his business in a quiet effective manner.

:56:

Great goal from Ruben today.. Id like to see him stay at Tyne next season, I think he's a good player.

He has taken time to come to terms with "British" football but the guy is the best we have at getting a grip as a defensive midfield player. Goals as well ... yaba do da.

I was very near the front and his celebration really was something special...he was as ecstaic as we all were...what a goal too.

Rubens Wife / Girlfriend / sister * was right behind me, she kept cursing in Spanish when we were losing but went absolutley mental when he scored the second goal for us.

* I dunno, but she was quite tidy!!! And if she was his Mrs then he will be in for a good night, she was V excited!!!!

Francis Albert
I'm not slaggin him as such

You say he is a "donkey" and "never a footballer" but you are not slagging him "as such".

This "never a footballer" crap does my head in, as they say. No-one who is not in the top 0.1% of footballers gets anywhere near a professional contract, FACT. If you think he is not very good, just say so.

Wow! In 2 posts you manage to prove that you know absolutely zilch about football.

In terms of technique, Ruben is easily one of the best players at the club. A donkey he most certainly is not. His first touch and close control are excellent and he has great ability to work his way out of tight situations in the midfield. I also don't understand how you can criticise his passing which more often than not finds a maroon shirt. The only things he lacks for me are a bit of dig when the game gets a bit scrappy and he's sometimes a bit too fond of the sideways pass when there's a better attcking option on.

Independence

One can only thank the lord that you are not the Hearts coach! Let us hope that you do not in fact coach any team!!!

Well done Ruben!

Seymour M Hersh
:rofl:

You are not slagging him as such, but he is a donkey and never a footballer?

I'd hate to see it when the gloves come off!!! :hanged:

Doesnt she look about 14 primrose?

No way, she was a woman in her mid to late twenties, and she was with 2 other Scottish ladies of a similar age. Whe kept explaining the chants to her.

Hilary Briss

Clueless !

Interesting.

Outstanding candidate for dumbest post of the year... and its only March.

Wow! In 2 posts you manage to prove that you know absolutely zilch about football.

In terms of technique, Ruben is easily one of the best players at the club. A donkey he most certainly is not. His first touch and close control are excellent and he has great ability to work his way out of tight situations in the midfield. I also don't understand how you can criticise his passing which more often than not finds a maroon shirt. The only things he lacks for me are a bit of dig when the game gets a bit scrappy and he's sometimes a bit too fond of the sideways pass when there's a better attcking option on.

So you are telling me he looks natural with a football and glides along the turf passing with ease?? NONSENSE!! He's akward as hell and is the type i'd imagine has to work very hard at his game just to control the ball. He does a job but I would say he's slightly worse than Neil Mcfarlane but that slight worseness is made up for by the fact he adds a few goals to the team.

Anybody who thinks this guy is a natural footballer needs his head looked at.

Again though great goal Ruben and hopefully more to come in the next few weeks.

I think the most important thing we lost in the last couple of seasons aside from a big slice of talent was the togetherness.

When you have a genuine feeling for the club and the people around you then you'll go the extra mile.

Vlad's incursions made that impossible to nurture.

Some of the foreigners who have come to the club since the bosman era always spoke about how much the club came to mean to them. It was a key ingrediant in the building of the 98 squad and it played a huge part in how quickly we gelled in 05/06.

If we can keep that in place, Vlad screws the nut and we make a few key additions, I think we can look forward to a rosey future again.

No way, she was a woman in her mid to late twenties, and she was with 2 other Scottish ladies of a similar age. Whe kept explaining the chants to her.

My better half was really well chuffed to be described as perhaps in her "mid twenties". The trio was made up of one Dane, Spaniard and one Scot.

Ryan Gosling
My better half was really well chuffed to be described as perhaps in her "mid twenties". The trio was made up of one Dane, Spaniard and one Scot.

:laugh:

Excellent stuff.

So not a 14 year old then?

Well, they were behind me but it was comical all the comments in spanish with the odd local word thrown in, and her face when Ruben scored was priceless. Tell your other half the drinks are on her, I take it she is a little bit older than I described?

I dont know who the family were that were sitting a few rows behind them, but I gave the wee lad my Hearts scarf.

She is in her early twenties and a mad football fan, loves the Jambos as well. It is just as well that she was shouting in Spanish during the first half given what I think she was actually saying.

She is in her early twenties and a mad football fan, loves the Jambos as well. It is just as well that she was shouting in Spanish during the first half given what I think she was actually saying.

Well I heard Ariba Ariba a few times, but you could tell there were swear words too. Is she Rubens Mrs?

Well Primrose, I doubt there were many other Spanish folk in the Jambos support yesterday.

Well Primrose, I doubt there were many other Spanish folk in the Jambos support yesterday.

Well might have been his sister! You dont know what you dont know!!!

davemclaren
Yes thats what I mean, I only know what I know, and I dont know.

A nice lady. I met her when we presented the JKB player of the year trophy to Ruben. Sadly, she said 'no photos'. :)

Ryan Gosling
A nice lady. I met her when we presented the JKB player of the year trophy to Ruben. Sadly, she said 'no photos'. :)

You will always have your memories Dave.

Until you don't.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Did you get the chance to ask Ruben how he manages to get his hair into such glorious condition?

davemclaren
Did you get the chance to ask Ruben how he manages to get his hair into such glorious condition?

No, but I will the next time.

Archived