Why Do Gays Speak In That Ridiculous High Pitched Tone?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

peckhamjambo
Absolutley Not! I do believe these mannerisms are chosen and they catch on... a bit like accents haha!

Of course there are people out there who are trapped in the wrong body but that group is NOT gay men! Gay men are just that, men! Who happen to like other men! It's nowt to do with wrong gender!!

If you asked an overly camp man if he was a woman trapped in a mans body he'd probably freak!! (Granted, in a very camp manner) He'd no doubt be revolted - they like being men and sh*gging men ffs!! That is the whole point!

I cannae believe some of the ignorance on here!

Are you a woman trapped in a man's body? :peepwall:

I dont know but is it just me who can't look at homosexuals in the eye without constantly thinking mod delete. I know it makes me small minded but i can't help it, the mind boggles!

I dont know but is it just me who can't look at homosexuals in the eye without constantly thinking mod delete. I know it makes me small minded but i can't help it, the mind boggles!

I look at birds like that too

I have one friend who is gay, but he doesn't speak in a mincy voice, and acts almost like a normal guy. The ones I have met who speak the classic gay way, all tend to be attention seeking morons, who are emphasising it just to get a reaction :rifle:

Note: the smilie is for the attention seekers, not gay people :rolleyes:

I have a similar situation.

My missus knows a gay guy from her student days in Aberdeen, really decent bloke and not overly camp. In fact, we went up to a wedding up north and I was seated beside him for the meal, he actually HATES camp gays, says they give him and other "normal" gays a bad name. His terminology was that he hates "p**fs".

Not an answer AP, but what it does say is that not all homosexuals speak in such a fashion. I also cannot stand those that speak like that, like you I think "why?". At the risk of stating the obvious, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but I don't like the overt sexuality that some homosexuals carry like a badge. For clarity, I do not like overt sexuality at all, Greame Norton is JUST AS BAD as Roy Chubby Brown IMO. I don't need to talk about [insert gratiutious terminology for genetalia here] to prove I am heterosexual.

Unfortunately for WK that is, he is always trying to "turn" me.

Like the OP, have nothing against gay people, but some of the voices, FFS!!

When the Julian Clary flooring advert comes on the radio the channel is changed instantly. FWIW I do think Alan Carr can be funny at times though..

When my mate "came out" he suddenly went pretty ott camp. We all knew it before, but it got worse after he came out. Dont know whether he was supressing it before, or decided to put it on after.

When my mate "came out" he suddenly went pretty ott camp. We all knew it before, but it got worse after he came out. Dont know whether he was supressing it before, or decided to put it on after.

It's like they don't get accepted by thye gay 'community' unless they turn it up a notch

i mena honestly you just wanna go up to them grab them by the scruff of their neck and shout "we get it!! you are gay!!!!"

Absolutley Not! I do believe these mannerisms are chosen and they catch on... a bit like accents haha!

Of course there are people out there who are trapped in the wrong body but that group is NOT gay men! Gay men are just that, men! Who happen to like other men! It's nowt to do with wrong gender!!

If you asked an overly camp man if he was a woman trapped in a mans body he'd probably freak!! (Granted, in a very camp manner) He'd no doubt be revolted - they like being men and sh*gging men ffs!! That is the whole point!

I cannae believe some of the ignorance on here!

Not sure if that was directed at me but if it was, can you point out what i said that was ignorant?

I didn't say that gay men were women trapped inside men's bodies, the fact is that no-one knows for certain why some people are homosexual. I guessed that it could be down to some sort of hormonal imbalance during a developmental stage but that's only a guess. Is it not possibe that adopting feminine mannerisms and accents are down to hormones rather than choice?

I suppose it still doesn't explain why some gay guys are just normal blokes who happen to prefer men rather than the whole tiresome dancing queen performance that some gay guys feel the need to inflict on others.

Not sure if that was directed at me but if it was, can you point out what i said that was ignorant?

I didn't say that gay men were women trapped inside men's bodies, the fact is that no-one knows for certain why some people are homosexual. I guessed that it could be down to some sort of hormonal imbalance during a developmental stage but that's only a guess. Is it not possibe that adopting feminine mannerisms and accents are down to hormones rather than choice?

I suppose it still doesn't explain why some gay guys are just normal blokes who happen to prefer men rather than the whole tiresome dancing queen performance that some gay guys feel the need to inflict on others.

It wasn't really directed at you, no!

I get your point but I really can't agree! A hormonal imbalance hints that homosexuality is a problem - at worst an "illness" or at best has definite negative connotations.

I think it makes a difference on what the lifestyle of the person in question is. If they are a total "scene" gay they are more likely to pick up these camp, attention seeking, mannerisms. I think it is pretty simple really!

It's just a way of behaving to demonstrate your social group, similar I suppose to all the "lads" who developed a strange swaggering walk after Liam Gallagher became a fashion icon.

I know lots of gay men who all behave very differently to each other.

I also know some very camp straight men.

I also know that I couldn't care less about a persons sexuality, I like or dislike people based on who they are, not what they are.

Buffalo Bill
It's just a way of behaving to demonstrate your social group, similar I suppose to all the "lads" who developed a strange swaggering walk after Liam Gallagher became a fashion icon.

I also know that I couldn't care less about a persons sexuality, I like or dislike people based on who they are, not what they are.

XXXXXXX? (User hasn't posted on this thread)

Buffalo Bil

Boaby Ewing

Quite. I think it's also an easy 'personality' for someone to latch onto... especially if they've spent a large part of their formative years either confused about who they are or scared to let other people know.

PsychocAndy

It would be the 69th post but ,ahem " Give me a kiss and I'll tell ya" seems to missing from the answers.

A lot of my daughters pals are gay. (Musical theatre student, imagine). There seems to be an element of, "They should be quietly gay", on this thread. Must admit I find them hysterically funny the way everything becomes about being gay. Good luck to em I say. Aint hurtin nobody and love is love innit?

I have Lesbians who stay next door to me...They got me a Rolex for my Birthday...Misunderstood when I said I wanna Watch!

Old one's are (Sometimes) the best!!

Archived