Today?s not a good day to be at work fellow interweb Jambos

BlackJAC?

Only 8.20 and already the vermin are over me like a rash. I only wish I had stfu on Friday.

Sitting here pretending I don?t give a ****, but I don?t think I?m kidding anyone tbf. Nothing worse than having to listen to inbred Hobos gloating and making out they?re the next Man U.

Just FOAD everything Hibernian.

Hearts Heritage
Only 8.20 and already the vermin are over me like a rash. I only wish I had stfu on Friday.

Sitting here pretending I don?t give a ****, but I don?t think I?m kidding anyone tbf. Nothing worse than having to listen to inbred Hobos gloating and making out they?re the next Man U.

I only wish I had stfu on Friday.

grumpyespana

Just FOAD everything Hibernian.[/quote

I guess I am lucky living in Spain lol no hibbies in sight just a fellow jambo.

Grumpy.

Truth is that I really cannot take the "banter" when we lose, I react badly, angrily and huffily. So, I make it a general practise not to lord over them after a win and expect the same from them.

I also have a "silence" pact with a mate of mine after a derby, it is generally a week, but for a big result, we'll leave it two weeks.

You reap what you sow I am afraid. :(

Aye, I?m good at giving it out, but when the shoe?s on the other foot?

Sometimes it?s difficult not to laugh at them though.

I work beside one of those eejits that I know for a fact won?t drop it for a week or so. I know Aberdeen are challenging us for 3rd spot, but I?m now hoping the sheep destroy those dirty *****.

It says it all about that fecking club and its arsehole supporters that they're totally hyper about winning an absolutely nothing bullsh*t match like that by a crappy shouldered goal.

Hibernian FC exists to get one over on the Jambos every now and then. What an absolute pile of horsesh*t.

I'm at uni in Glasgow so its not so bad for myself, I have to put up with a Glasgow Dons fan and a St Mirren lecturer. I sent an email to my lecturer yesterday to ask about some notes he was due to make available and woke up to this response which I found to be quite funny (although it still hurt when I laughed):

Dear Craig,

Anything to take your mind of yesterday's result, eh?

Have been meaning to re-write those Wittgenstein notes , I'm not happy with the way they were when I had them up last semester. Will definitely do so in good revising time for the exam, early Easter vac at the latest, but at the moment I'm having difficulty, as usual, keeping up with this semester's teaching and admin.

So sorry, definitely will do so but maybe not till Easter (sorry to keep repeating Easter!)

All the best

Alan

shaun.lawson
It says it all about that fecking club and its arsehole supporters that they're totally hyper about winning an absolutely nothing bullsh*t match like that by a crappy shouldered goal.

Hibernian FC exists to get one over on the Jambos every now and then. What an absolute pile of horsesh*t.

Although I rather like your comparison between them and Coventry, the West Ham parallel springs to mind again. They exist to get one over on Tottenham now and again, then bleat on and on about it like they've won a Cup Final. Spurs fans know they're bigger and better, so just laugh about it.

Panic ye not fellow Jambos...its only there turn for a few weeks:yes2:

Then we retain the bragging rights till next August:sunny:

Although I rather like your comparison between them and Coventry, the West Ham parallel springs to mind again. They exist to get one over on Tottenham now and again, then bleat on and on about it like they've won a Cup Final. Spurs fans know they're bigger and better, so just laugh about it.

Hehehe

Shaun, you know Spurs are the same in respect to Arsenal!

As for getting it tight from Hibees. Who cares?

Sit back and be rest assured that regardless of what happened on Sunday they are STILL the wee team. Their derby record is poor and a fluked 1-0 win, although irksome, is not the end of the world. Allow these window lickers their day in the sun because we all know that normal service will be resumed asap.

Hans von Luck

Sorry but if you?re the boss like me then easy solution.

I don?t employ any of them in this office; all are in the EH6 postcode area.

Remember its still 108 and counting.

shaun.lawson
Hehehe

Shaun, you know Spurs are the same in respect to Arsenal!

As for getting it tight from Hibees. Who cares?

Sit back and be rest assured that regardless of what happened on Sunday they are STILL the wee team. Their derby record is poor and a fluked 1-0 win, although irksome, is not the end of the world. Allow these window lickers their day in the sun because we all know that normal service will be resumed asap.

Spurs, though, at least have a history of being Arsenal's equals until the start of the 1990s to fall back on. Given I don't live in Scotland, I can't comment on the getting it tight stuff - but if they make the top six, it's a nap we'll beat them at Tynie and, as you say, resume normal service.

Spurs, though, at least have a history of being Arsenal's equals until the start of the 1990s to fall back on.

Spurs have won the league twice I think and were relegated in the 70's. Now, I'm no Arsenal apologist, but their record is a wee bit better than Spurs I think.

Anyway, that side tracks the real issue which of course is FTH. :sunny:

shaun.lawson
Spurs have won the league twice I think and were relegated in the 70's. Now, I'm no Arsenal apologist, but their record is a wee bit better than Spurs I think.

Anyway, that side tracks the real issue which of course is FTH. :sunny:

Agreed. Though a glance at their total trophy count reveals they were dead level up until 1987.

Nelly Terraces

Superb.

Without doubt the most consistent, precise and best poster on this forum for the entire duration of his stay here. Proud to know you mate. Absolute top bloke.:sunny:

Agreed. Though a glance at their total trophy count reveals they were dead level up until 1987.

Shaun

With all that time you've spent on Hobos.net you've picked up their standard of logic.:biglaugh:

...the West Ham parallel springs to mind again. They exist to get one over on Tottenham now and again, then bleat on and on about it like they've won a Cup Final.

Utter keek.

shaun.lawson
Shaun

With all that time you've spent on Hobos.net you've picked up their standard of logic.:biglaugh:

I've not been on there in months mate! But without wishing to sidetrack this further, until the late 80s, dull Arsenal took more pride in winning titles; Spurs more pride in winning Cups. So Arsenal would spend ?1m on a reliable central defender; Spurs would spend ?1.5m on an erratic attacker. The two clubs' philosophies could not have been more different; though what hurts Tottenham fans so much now is the way Arsenal have emulated and hugely bettered them under Wenger.

Miller Jambo 60

Tell the sad hobos the Doug will waste them:biglaugh:

WeeToonJambo

I compare Hibs to one of these annoying insects that buzzes about you during the summer. They occasionally manage to land and cause annoyance. Then you swat them and that gives you peace for a while until another one turns up. In the long term they are an irrelevance. Hibs live for one thing and that is to beat us, something they occasonally do but, overall, they are "forever in our shadow".

This season, I think we all agree, has been a transitional one and we're still 9 points ahead of them. We will be better next year - they won't. It's actually sad that the greatest moment in their history is something which occurred over 36 years ago and long may that continue to be the case.

My advice to any Jambos suffering grief this morning? Ignore it, it's only temporary. Normality will return after the next derby.

Its been a long time baby

Im lucky. Work in the city centre in abuilding with around 150 and know just about all of them and there is only one hibby who doesnt even go to the games so have told him to not open his mouth or I will smack him one! Hes ****ting himself now!! Ill wait till lunch to tell him im kidding!

I've not been on there in months mate! But without wishing to sidetrack this further, until the late 80s, dull Arsenal took more pride in winning titles; Spurs more pride in winning Cups. So Arsenal would spend ?1m on a reliable central defender; Spurs would spend ?1.5m on an erratic attacker. The two clubs' philosophies could not have been more different; though what hurts Tottenham fans so much now is the way Arsenal have emulated and hugely bettered them under Wenger.

So Spurs were a flair team that actually won cups. There's a novel idea.

Mr Quagmire
Aye, I?m good at giving it out, but when the shoe?s on the other foot?

Sometimes it?s difficult not to laugh at them though.

I work beside one of those eejits that I know for a fact won?t drop it for a week or so. I know Aberdeen are challenging us for 3rd spot, but I?m now hoping the sheep destroy those dirty *****.

We let them win so they can stay in top six !!!!

Then we get to hump them at tynie ! :biglaugh:

:

shaun.lawson
So Spurs were a flair team that actually won cups. There's a novel idea.

:biglaugh:

That's about the size of it, yes!

132goals1958
I've never been so glad to be working at home.

Lucky you -normally I am in a similar situation, but due to contract obligations I am not in house today. What has really irked me this morning however, was a female business associate elucidating on how good the weekend was for her and her Hobo supporting family. Fair enough you have got to take the good with the bad, but when I light heartedly mentioned a few weeks ago, how we had ensured it would be 108 years at least, since the twin events of Buffalo Bill?s 44th and Hibs winning the Cup, the remark was met with a rather, (to put it mildly) surly response. However professional conduct and dignity prevailed and I took it on the chin, which I guess demonstrates the gulf in class between them and us.

You have to remember it's a huge thing for a wee team to beat a big team. Their celebrations at the end of the game were of world cup winning proportions. What a bunch of saddo's.

I bet all the door to door sellers on pegsellers.net have ragained the enthusiasm they were losing for football on Friday.

Im lucky. Work in the city centre in abuilding with around 150 and know just about all of them and there is only one hibby who doesnt even go to the games so have told him to not open his mouth or I will smack him one! Hes ****ting himself now!! Ill wait till lunch to tell him im kidding!

EXACTLY the same situ here mate! Told our only Hibee employee that if he even looks at me the wrong way today, I swear I will knock him out!

He thinks Im being serious - and so far he has made me two coffees.......

Can I just ask why this was a "nothing bullsh*t match"? :mw_confused:

You have to remember it's a huge thing for a wee team to beat a big team. Their celebrations at the end of the game were of world cup winning proportions. What a bunch of saddo's.

I bet all the door to door sellers on pegsellers.net have ragained the enthusiasm they were losing for football on Friday.

Absolutely, I know of one trumpet who actually opens a bottle of champagne if they manage to beat us. Fair to say he's not had to spend a lot of money over the years!

I did have a feeling they might sneak this derby - they are usually at their most irksome if they think they are putting a dent in our aspirations. Says a lot that their ambitions are simply to see us fail - small team/loser mentality!

Superb.

Without doubt the most consistent, precise and best poster on this forum for the entire duration of his stay here. Proud to know you mate. Absolute top bloke.:sunny:

:D

Can I just ask why this was a "nothing bullsh*t match"? :mw_confused:

What exactly was at stake ?

We're still well on course for a European place and firmly in third and you're still fighting it out with Hamilton and Motherwell way behind us for a place in with the big boys.

The vermin's win on Saturday was worth exactly nada.

They'll still celebrate it like its something special though. Trumpets.

:D

What exactly was at stake ?

We're still well on course for a European place and firmly in third and you're still fighting it out with Hamilton and Motherwell way behind us for a place in with the big boys.

The vermin's win on Saturday was worth exactly nada.

They'll still celebrate it like its something special though. Trumpets.

As would be the case if the result was the other way round?

It is special winning a derby, and it is horrible losing one. We all know that. Whether it's a final, or a meaningless friendly you want to win it, if you do you will celebrate, especially if you have just been on a horrible run?

Ok so nothing changed with regards to league places, but it's a game everyone is always desperate to win, something at stake or not?

Ok so nothing changed with regards to league places, but it's a game everyone is always desperate to win, something at stake or not?

If Hearts had won the game on Saturday we wouldn't still be creaming ourselves about it for weeks afterwards.

I saw two muppets waiting at bus stops this morning wearing green and white scarfs. No doubt this was so they could go into work and GIRU their Jambo colleagues about scraping a terrible derby that meant the square root of feck all by one goal to nil. (I hope they both ended up with sore faces btw)

We didn't react half as much about winning the cup game in January. A game that actually fecking meant something.

THAT's the difference. We don't have weeman syndrome.

One of the rare occasions when living in England has its benefits.

Correct, up to a point, had to take various texts, emails and various calls on saturday though, took it quite well as it doesn't happen that often, they can have their five minutes of glory, but i did had to remind the hobo's that came out of the woodwork that their record against us is shocking, they have the worst derby record in the world despite their fluke goal, and that they have just gaurenteed they are stuck with the fat brown trout finn till the end off the season, wierdly enough that shut them TFU.

Funny how a fact or two in a HObo's ear will completely deflate them ;)

FTH

Dirk Diggler

They get a result over us every now and again, It happens, that's life.

Let them have their moment, their week, their month, as history shows it may be a while before their next one.

FTH.

Let them have their moment, their week, their month, as history shows it may be a while before their next one.

FTH.

Welcome back Groover :earmuffs:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

FTH.

Christ, you've been away for a while!

Who gives a flying ****?

I got over the result at around 3pm on Saturday.

Hibs are a pishy, horrible little club with a deathtrap of a stadium, nae fans & absolutely nae history.

The day that I start to worry about them beating us is when they have a superior derby record that even begins to resemble ours.

Until then, let them enjoy their ****y wee 1 nil sclaffed victory.

If Hearts had won the game on Saturday we wouldn't still be creaming ourselves about it for weeks afterwards.

I saw two muppets waiting at bus stops this morning wearing green and white scarfs. No doubt this was so they could go into work and GIRU their Jambo colleagues about scraping a terrible derby that meant the square root of feck all by one goal to nil. (I hope they both ended up with sore faces btw)

We didn't react half as much about winning the cup game in January. A game that actually fecking meant something.

THAT's the difference. We don't have weeman syndrome.

I got as much stick about the cup game as I have given about this one. It's just banter between your mates?

I got a ridiculous amount of stick when we lost the Festival cup at Easter Road, and that really did mean nothing! I expected it though because it's just what happens?

I'm really not having a go at you or anyone else on here just interested to know the general feeling.

Derby's are won and lost but surely they all mean something? Prior to a derby there is as much a fear of losing as there is excitement of a potential win. A lot of emotions are released after the match and some fans act in different ways than others.

The guys continuing to give out stick all week probably weren't at the game and have no intention of going to one in the forseeable future. "Real fans" are sensible enough to know when to stop, as we realise how much a defeat in these games does hurt? We have also been around enough to know that next time it will probably be us on the recieving end!!

At the end of it all, to a true supporter of either club, there is no such thing as a meaningless game. We all want to win.

maroonlegions

The first thing i said to a hobo at work who was approaching me with a gloating face was, "wee teams can sometimes beat BIG teams, think you"ll still make the top six because we need the points for Europe".:qqb011::qqb006:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I got a ridiculous amount of stick when we lost the Festival cup at Easter Road, and that really did mean nothing! I expected it though because it's just what happens?

Festival Cup is a great competition. It's just below the League and Scottish Cup but WELL ahead of the Diddy Cup. FACT.

Festival Cup is a great competition. It's just below the League and Scottish Cup but WELL ahead of the Diddy Cup. FACT.

:biglaugh:

sandyseymour

Don't worry matey...we have them one more game at Tynie (assuming they make the top 6).....he who laughs last....:yes2:

They aint worth getting het up over to be honest.

Humour them .... say something like....

'Hats off to you Hobos, you have an uncanny knack of winning the meaningless derbies'...

Or

'Yup, when we went into Saturday's game we were 5 points clear in 3rd spot......come Saturday evening we were ... erm ... still 5 points clear'....

Or

'Oh well, least it keeps big Mixu in a job for another few weeks...every cloud, blah, blah, blah'

Don't worry matey...we have them one more game at Tynie (assuming they make the top 6).....he who laughs last....:yes2:

Hibs will make the top 6. Over the course of a season the better sides always end up in the top 6.

It happened last season, it will happen this season to!

Archived