Standing article (NHC)

Whitecapjambo

There's absolutely no reason why we can't have standing sections.

Apart from the fact that the SFA and the SPL are against it, as are the local government people who issue safety certificates ?

Let alone the fact that not one club in the SPL has EVER intimated or hinted that they'd want to do it.

lost in leith
Apart from the fact that the SFA and the SPL are against it, as are the local government people who issue safety certificates ?

Let alone the fact that not one club in the SPL has EVER intimated or hinted that they'd want to do it.

So the fact that the SFA and SPL are against an idea makes it a bad idea :nah:

Charlie-Brown

Loads of people stand for all or most of the games in the rear rows of the main stand at Tynecastle ..... modern safe covered terracing with good access & egress and proper toilet & catering facilities would be fantastic if it was re-introduced into Scottish football.

was in row c section N1 on saturday and from what i seen infront and behind me the whole section was standing for the 90 minutes, and most of it was on top of the seats/stools.

Does that stop it happening at every spl game every week? No i didn't think so. Personally I am unable to stand at a game due to my illness but it certainly would add some to the atmosphere I feel and exactly like the article is arguing it would be welocomed by a significant minority as a means to bring some passion back to football matches. I used to love standing in the shed in the old days and sadly the only time my kids got to experience standing in a large Hearts crowd at an away game wasa 4-0 drubbing by Falkirk in the cup. I would like them to sample a standing game properly

Reading the comments after the article I think the first one got it spot on.

All seaters are nothing to do with safety but all about control.

Until the authorities drop their old fashioned ideas that all fans are hoolies then we will never get a return to standing.

So the fact that the SFA and SPL are against an idea makes it a bad idea :nah:

I didnt say it was a bad idea. I'm of the opinion that it wont happen because there is no one out there with the authority, the will, AND the bottle to make it happen.

The only way it will happen is unofficially, and only then if everyone in a particular section wants to do it. If one person doesnt and complains, you know what will happen.

If I won a few million quid first two things i would do would buy big banners for tynie and fund a standing section in the middle of the wheatfield, the club could pioneer it in the uk.

Charlie-Brown

All lower sections of Tynie should become standing areas - would increase the capacity, earning potential and atmosphere in one fell swoop.

Scott_HMFC1874

Nothing compares standing at Hearts games, especially in N.

FFS, even my 60 year old Gran was standing in section N a few years back, even on the seats just to see the game.

Who are they honestly trying to protect?

Charlie-Browns idea of the lower sections being standing is a great idea. Only problem would be, the demand for standing, we could end up looking empty if its spread out.

Archived