Erra fishell Unemployed Steelmen FC v ra sellik thread

Therapist

Go on the Unemployed Steelemen - do the mhanks. :arghh:

You better watch an unhinged former union leader might be along soon to show you how to be a better person!

Pitch is terrible apparently. Hopefully a few injuries on the way - Paul Hartley excluded of course.

the paddies playing on a paddy field.

It'd be better if the surface was artificial. :D

In the spirit of this thread, I thought I'd point you towards the delightful views of a poster named novoslayer (yes, that's right) on the Guardian blogs. Ewan Murray wrote a piece this week castigating Rangers fans for their behaviour last weekend; predictably, the comments descended into the usual tit-for-tat. Novoslayer, though, unintentionally provided me with the best laughs I've had all week.

Not intended to divert attention away from the game, by the way: just a reminder of how ludicrous Old Firm (and in this case, Celtic) fans can be:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/feb/20/rangers-old-firm-celtic-sectarianism

"Then please kindly explain why the vast majority of articles on this subject point the finger towards Rangers?"

Well for obvious reasons. The songs Celtic sings are political not sectarian, there's a big difference. Read the lyrics to Boys of the Old Brigade and tell me one offensive, derogatory line. Singing 'When being just a lad like you I joined the IRA' is completely different to singing 'up to our knees in Fenian blood', something Rangers fans don't to seem to understand. Even then you never hear IRA songs at Celtic Park, only the away games, unlike Rangers where the songs are sung en masse home and away. Even then it is completely subjective and biased to lambast Celtic fans for singing about the IRA if it is accepatble to sing about the British army or the exploits of the British Empire as anyone who has picked up history book on Irish hisory will tell you. The IRA songs the away fans sing are no more offensive than Rule Britania and God Save the Queen.

There is no quick fix solution to Rangers problems. They are a club enshrined in bigotry and thuggery like no other. This is a controversial statement, but the facts support what I'm saying.

Rangers didn't sign a Catholic tea lady let alone player until the 1990s. Celtic on the other hand have signed Protestansts from day one. There's a great quote by Jock Stein where he said if he had the chance to sign a Catholic or a Protestant he's take the Prod every time cause Rangers sure wouldn't sign the Catholic! Just look at the 3 players consisntently singled out for disgusting abuse by the Rangers fans - Boruc, McGeady and Lennon - nothing religious in common there is there?

Manchester highlighted many of the differences in the supports. When Celtic took 80,000 (moderate estimate) to Seville for the Uefa Cup Final a few years back, their were no arrests. We all know what happened in Manchester, we've all seen the disgusting images of a large group of Rangers fans charge towards and savagely attack a policeman like a pack of wild dogs. The failure of one the big screens has been used as a defence. Well nice try but the same thing happened in Seville in the blistering heat, and despite having travelled all that way and payed thousands of pounds they was no chucking bottles at the technicians, no rioting, no arrests. This is not an isolated incident. They last time they were in a European final (in 1972) they invaded the pitch and were consequently given a one year ban from European football.

The horribly state they left Machester in was not unique as well. Here's a link to what the Spanish paper El Mundo Deportivo thought of the Rangers support after their trip to Barcelona in 2007. http://www.kerrydalestreet.com/page/Rangers+-+%22Don%27t+come+back+to+Barcelona+%5B2007%5D%22?t=anonAgain, contrast this with the reaction to Celtic's trip to Seville in the Spanish press - they love us, absolutely love us and with good reason. The well mannered nature of Celtic fans, admittedly bordering on self righteouness, goes to the extent we take bin bags with us on our trips to the continent to collect all rubbish and not leave the place in a state comparable to the one Rangers fans leave it in. Ask a Barca, Villareal or Seville fan what they think of Celtic Football Club.

These difference goes all the way back to the roots of the club. While Celtic were formed to help the impoverished Irish in the east end of Glasgow, and so have had genuine Irish roots from the outset, Rangers culture of Protestantism and Unionism only emerged as a direct response to the Irish nationalist culture of Celtic. The're more 'against' us than they are' for' them.

Because we wave Palestinian flags, they have now started to wave Israeli ones. The irony of this seems to have been lost of the travelling contingent of Rangers fans who did Nazi salutes the last time they were in Israel: http://www.phoenixcsc.com/image/tosser/rangers_nazi_salute_israel_2.jpg

Again, this is not an isolated incident, zoom in in this picture: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4967/479f3pz281971nl9.jpg

The irony of the concept of unionist nazism seems to have been lost on them.

The moironic nature of their support goes to the extent hey were throwing bottles of **** at each other in Machester. No sh*t, this is the truth, throwing **** bottles at their own fans. Celtic fans would never do that to their fellow fans. They were singing disgusting songs about Muslims in the trains in Manchester. Again, this would never happen with Celtic fans, the left wing nature of our support is widely known. Sorry for the essay, but believe me there is plenty more to say about the nasty nature of Rangers fans, I just couldn't fit it all in"

:policeman::elvis::wacko2:

Celtic on the other hand have signed Protestansts from day one. There's a great quote by Jock Stein

Rather ironic given the dhims offered Stein the job of head of sellik pools as they didn't want a Protestant on the board.

are you an undercover cheltic supporter? you are always stating threads about them and even have a cheltic h in your userid?:policeman:

If Motherwell get something from this they go above hibs. Brilliant.

Didn't realise that. Double bonus. :D

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Very suprised the SPL have allowed Mr Brines to Ref a live match.

Pretty sure he will make is mark soon enough. :D

Well done to Unemployed Steelmen FC. Hopefully they can sneak a goal in the second half.

Thunderstruck
Very suprised the SPL have allowed Mr Brines to Ref a live match.

Pretty sure he will make is mark soon enough. :D

Living up to his reputation and it would appear that the Motherwell players request for him to show Brown a card was met with a polite shake of the head instead of a caution.

I don't want Motherwell in the top 6.

I don't want Hibs in the top 6.

I hate Celtic and despise Rangers.

I want the game called off :(

Living up to his reputation and it would appear that the Motherwell players request for him to show Brown a card was met with a polite shake of the head instead of a caution.

Interesting, wasn't it. Consistency is all we ask for!

I don't want Hibs in the top 6.

I hate Celtic and despise Rangers.

I want the game called off :(

I don't want Hibs in the top 6 even more.

I hate Celtic and despise Rangers...

... But I'm also bored witless of Celtic's dominance with such a staid, uninspiring team and irritating plank of a manager.

Conclusion? Come on Motherwell!

Nice to see Brown has successfully filled Neil Lennon's boots.

He can go about the pitch doing whatever he wants to the opponents' kick, foul, abuse, etc.

Without even a hint of a caution.

WHY?

I think I know, it is because I am paranoid (laugh).

Makes me sick, every time cheltic are on the box this is the consistant theme it is so blatant.

:arghh:

I don't give a toss which one of the weegie barstewards wins the league, it would be nice for Hibs to finish as low as possible.

Well done Motherwell!

FTH

Pitch is terrible apparently. Hopefully a few injuries on the way - Paul Hartley excluded of course.

Wife stated that it looks like a cows field, I said you would be done for animal creulty, as there isn't enough grass to feed a rabbit, yet alone a cow.

I thought the boy klimpl had a really good game

Further to scott brown it is a joke the stuff he gets away with now.

Last two weeks I have seen him play I rckon 8 or 9 seperate incidents where I reckon Hearts players wouldhave been booked and he is not

Archived