Stupid Fat Ignorant and Welsh

DETTY29

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/johnhartson/article2259090.ece

One of my pet hates about modern football is the explosion of ill informed ex-players in the media who are completely clueless.

So John. Csaba Laslo doesn't care a jot about discipline

This will be the same Laslo that

1. Subbed Kingston at Parkhead, despite playing well

2. Subbed our only forward after 30 minutes against Dundee United

3. Lambasted Zaliukas and if not for injury today, has been barred from 1st team duties for circa 1 month

4. Got Lee Wallace to apologise publicly for his Aberdeen sending off

5. Has made Hearts the team with if not the least bookings this season, I think none for dissent

6. Doesn't stop games in training for fouls to encourage players to get on with it.

Nah - praises St 'Jack inthe Box Zebidee on Speed' Martin who once tried to provide video evidence showing that Andy Webster managed to elbow himself in the face.

2 faced (Fat Ignorant Welsh) (@nt

Gotta say I always thought Hartson was one of the better pundits and gave us a fairer crack of the whip. maybe he has been pulled aside and reminded what he should be doing because that is certainly a piece of fiction and not even good fiction just nonsense.

the article above is an astonishing pile of pish.

it's basically a boring little story about how hartson used to be a player who picked up lots of bookings and red cards but how it all changed after he joined celtic. something which hartson attributes to the influence of o'neill... rather than the more likely explanation that it's perfectly normal for a celtic player to receive very few bookings and red cards.

quite why he had to bring csaba and hearts into his tedious little account is a mystery.

Optimus Prime

I agree with the opening posts comment about ill informed ex players in the media but would usually exclude John Hartson from that category as i've generally found him to be quite good. However i think he's a little wide of the mark here.

I agree with the opening posts comment about ill informed ex players in the media but would usually exclude John Hartson from that category as i've generally found him to be quite good. However i think he's a little wide of the mark here.

Agree usually think Hartsons column is quite good but i think here he's just looked at the stats without looking into the facts.

Much worse today is McKeowns column where he has a go at Hearts for not being willing to lose out on money just so we can have a good relationship with St Midden as if we'd want a good relationship with they paisley jakeys

There is no structure to his piece at all. He says he spent more than half his career being a thug and getting punished for it. Then a Martin O?Neil dressing down acted as an epiphany for him so he stopped being a thug at Celtic (where we all know he was bound to get fewer bookings anyway) but he continued to be a thug at International level because he "knew" Hughes wanted him to be thuggish. Ok good story...but what the hell has Laslo to do with any of this? - Laslo is at worst exactly the same as he describes Hughes to be, but we know that Laslo is less than happy with Hearts discipline yet probably knows, as we all do, that other clubs are kicking seven shades of sheeeeeeiiiite out of Hearts in order to get a reaction...The Aberdeen game last weekend was proof-positive of this view that I have opined on here several times - They were committing fouls and faking head injuries at every Hearts tackle.

I was reading it this morning and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It was a complete pointless 'column' piece. Struggling to think of someone to slag us off, ahhh I know lets have a go at them about Csaba not handling the discipline.

Load of pish by a fud who all he did was foul and kick folk.

"Pots" and "kettles" come to mind, but it's only the sort of absolute drivel you should expect if you choose to read a low-life, bottom of the barrel comic like "The Sun".

I'm afraid I got as far as 'which brings me to Csaba Laszlo,' in fact I did not read any of it.. only scanned for the offensive material....

Is this the same person that booted a teammate in the head? Surely having self-control is the same as discipline?

PS. Don't buy newspapers, they have day old news.....

Francis Albert

Shame Hartson doesn't reveal his (O'Neill's?) secret of a good disciplinary record - how you can commit about 20 fouls a game while conceding few free kicks and rarely getting booked.

Archived