Michael Stewart

Bzzzz

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to have trouble staying on his feet - really needs to have at look at the boots he wears and perhaps change them. It?s been the same for months now...

easy to agree with you , but the treatment he gets on here is a joke some fans are desperate for michael to make a bad pass while turning a blind eye to aguiar driver neilson etc .

some so called fans have an agenda with stewart and he seems to be the scapegoat of the moment!

Theres no agenda here mate.

Driver and Bruno both make bad passes but they actually bring something to the team. Mikey Stewart does not.

I think a few people on here must have attended an "Introduction to Cliches" course recently. Interesting that once someone says "Headless Chicken" it seems as if others cannot be bothered thinking of anything else to say. Easy way out is to just repeat the same old stuff.

Such a frustrating player and thinks he's better than he is. I can't understand why Palazeulos doesnt get a game before him as he's a far better player and always contributes more than Stewart.

Overall I think Stewart had a fairly poor game. If however he had not fell on his arse so much he would have IMO made a major contribution today as his falling undone all the good work.

Get a better pair a boots is basically the message from me.

I think a few people on here must have attended an "Introduction to Cliches" course recently. Interesting that once someone says "Headless Chicken" it seems as if others cannot be bothered thinking of anything else to say. Easy way out is to just repeat the same old stuff.

Well it's difficult when said player makes the same repeated mistakes no te be repetitive. For a player with good experience of a higher level he disnae half waste passes.

Dunno about the boots thing, mibbaes the pitch, Driver went down a few times too. His body language after he slipped last time was awful tho it just had "cannae be ersed, take me off" written all over it. I like the guys commitment I just don't think he has a positive influence on the team or it's shape at all. There are some fantastic players in that squad, they just seem to be held back by the influence he has but what do I know, I'm no expert, that's why I watch from the stands and he's on the pitch.

Gets in Bruno's way too much, but Bruno will not be here next season, be prepared for another standard of player drop in the summer, he might be a superstar next season

He was pash poor, nothing has changed in months, Ruben should start next time.

Michael Stewart made plenty of runs into excellent positions, he was then given a pass which was either too hard or behind him, if people watched the effoprt he makes he would not be criticised so much! - and the answer is a guy who cannot trap a bag of cement, never has the ball under control, continually turns back into trouble, and he should replace Michael Stewart - dont make me laugh!!

The Old Tolbooth

Murder, absolutely murder!!!

He struts about the middle of that park thinking he's a Billy flippin bigshot, and he's absolutely pish!

He should have been hooked earlier imo, and when he did get hooked Miko should have been brought on instead of the negative tactics of Ruben replacing him.

something just is not clicking with mikey i hate trashing him because i know he is a good lad but he just is not up to it IMHO

mind you the above does not really matter unless we can replace him with someone better

The bottom line is we need a more powerful, forward thinking mid. Get one and keep Ruben, Bruno and Jonsson as yer centre mid options.

something just is not clicking with mikey i hate trashing him because i know he is a good lad but he just is not up to it IMHO

mind you the above does not really matter unless we can replace him with someone better

Totally agree :thumb:

:mw_rolleyes:

All bell ends who I wish had never been associated with the club.

Never been called wage thiefs though. That award belongs to the Pinallas and Beslijas of this world.

The 'All wage thiefs' was not a term I was using to group of players listed above.

It was a separate item on the list for the players you have mentioned, although I will throw in Makela as well for good measure.

Hope this clears it up.:)

i agree Micheal Stewart can be frustrating, but to say he should be binned for Rueben is just plain stupid, anyone who knows anything about football can see that MS never hides,is always looking to take the ball of his team mates, always trying to create something, sure he is going to make mistakes, if he was perfect he wouldn't be playing for Hearts would he ?

Some of the abuse he recieves from the stands is just plain embarrasing at times (usually followed by ya Hibs bassa,), and it shows the total lack of understanding of football by some fans.

Ill bet Michael Stewart is one of the first names on Csabas team sheet every week, he will appreciate what he gives to the team, and his teamates, Rueben flatters to decieve and hardly ever offers anything going forward , if Rueben was Scottish instead of Spanish im certain he wouldnt get the easy time he gets compared to the likes of Stewart Elliot and Wallace who the crowd seem far to eager to criticsize.

Libertonian_II
I thought he played quite well today. He tries to make telling passes, sometimes too much, but often if we're creating openings they go through Stewart at some point.

Wish folk would get off his back a bit.

WTF!!!

You can't be serious...........

Tell you what, if he doesnt manage to have a good game tomorrow against that ****e then ill eat my words ;)

well, well, well...

played a stinker today :rolleyes:

I don't know about Mikey. He plays some really nice short passes and links well with others and then at other times, he goes for the long defence-splitter and gets it completely wrong...either by sending it directly to the opposition or giving it too much welly and making it completely impossible for the intended recipient to either meet or control. Fortunately, Driver and Obua are getting pretty good at controlling some of these, but it's not really the ideal way to go about things.

I am concerned about the amount of trouble he has with his balance, and he does seem to spend a daft amount of time on his bahooky these days...but I think his mistakes are more noticeable than those made by some of the others because of his flamboyant style of play. He rarely looks comfortable when he's in possession and tends to be all flailing arms and legs. Sometimes that works out, but a lot of the time it doesn't and his dramatic attempts to rectify his errors only serve to emphasise his mistakes. But I can't criticise his level of commitment or effort, he always has that in bags and I don't think he deserves much of the jeering he gets from the stands at the moment.

I just wish he'd calm down and gain a little more composure and poise on the ball, and maybe work on becoming a wee bit more consistent....because he's certainly not all bad. He's just not all great either.

i agree Micheal Stewart can be frustrating, but to say he should be binned for Rueben is just plain stupid, anyone who knows anything about football can see that MS never hides,is always looking to take the ball of his team mates, always trying to create something, sure he is going to make mistakes, if he was perfect he wouldn't be playing for Hearts would he ?

Some of the abuse he recieves from the stands is just plain embarrasing at times (usually followed by ya Hibs bassa,), and it shows the total lack of understanding of football by some fans.

Ill bet Michael Stewart is one of the first names on Csabas team sheet every week, he will appreciate what he gives to the team, and his teamates, Rueben flatters to decieve and hardly ever offers anything going forward , if Rueben was Scottish instead of Spanish im certain he wouldnt get the easy time he gets compared to the likes of Stewart Elliot and Wallace who the crowd seem far to eager to criticsize.

good article ,but i think many hearts fans sadly make their mind up about stewart before the game starts ,some of the negative comments on here are beyond belief . interestingly tangoman was praising michaels qualitys on the radio last week. one thing certain he will be in the starting 11 next week then again so will robbie!

Stewart needs to get back to playing football, he imo worries about fans reactions or what the ref is doing or blaming team mates.......play football first then worry about those things.

I agree with this.I believe that he is good SPL standard and well able to do a job for Hearts.Sadly the more fans got on his back the less he is able to respond.Will our morons who never quite reached their Primary School Team ever understand?

I agree with this.I believe that he is good SPL standard and well able to do a job for Hearts.Sadly the more fans got on his back the less he is able to respond.Will our morons who never quite reached their Primary School Team ever understand?

thats the problem mate, so many who criticisze on here actually have no idea about football at all, sure Mikey makes mistakes, thats because he never hides and is always looking to take the ball from his team mates, odd are that he will not always make the perfect pass, hed still be at Man utd if he could do that, Kenny Black always got stick from fans , he was the same type of player, but Alex Macdonald and is fellow team members appreciated his worth and many Jambos only appreciated what Blackie brought to the side after he left for Portsmouth.

Stewart was completely Raphael today, in my book .... as he is every week.

Let'sclear the air - the guy is DROSS.

Both him and Glen did nowt in the 1st half but the worry is that Csaba rates MS.

Get rid!

[/b]

thats the problem mate, so many who criticisze on here actually have no idea about football at all, sure Mikey makes mistakes, thats because he never hides and is always looking to take the ball from his team mates, odd are that he will not always make the perfect pass, hed still be at Man utd if he could do that, Kenny Black always got stick from fans , he was the same type of player, but Alex Macdonald and is fellow team members appreciated his worth and many Jambos only appreciated what Blackie brought to the side after he left for Portsmouth.

Thats the way I see it.The problem is that Stewart cannot cope with the Terracing abuse.Today he became worse as the abuse flew.

Tin hat on, but I thought he did well for the first 60 minutes today when he was the sitting midfielder in front of the back 4. Karapidis has been one of our best players this season, and I don't think he was missed today - that was down to Stewart.

It's when Stewart pushed into a more advanced role for the last 10 mins before he was hooked - I don't know if it was a tactical thing from the bench or him being a headless chicken, but suddenly it wasn't working out for him and he had to come off.

I think the fans are a bit harsh on them. For me, Bruno has a poor match today, but he seems to be beyond criticism with most fans.

Tin hat on, but I thought he did well for the first 60 minutes today when he was the sitting midfielder in front of the back 4. Karapidis has been one of our best players this season, and I don't think he was missed today - that was down to Stewart.

It's when Stewart pushed into a more advanced role for the last 10 mins before he was hooked - I don't know if it was a tactical thing from the bench or him being a headless chicken, but suddenly it wasn't working out for him and he had to come off.

I think the fans are a bit harsh on them. For me, Bruno has a poor match today, but he seems to be beyond criticism with most fans.

That's cos more often than not Bruno finds a maroon jersey

Seymour M Hersh
if every player had the same commitment as stewart we'd be a much more consistent team.

We'd have even more red cards as well. He needs to get a proper pair of boots. Playing in carpet slippers is a mistake.

He tries hard but is simply not good enough - his performance yesterday once again was poor. The minute he was subbed, we scored and we looked a much better team all round.

Archived