Techie Help (Pink Screen)

Captain Sausage

Captain Sausage

Can any technical guys out there shed any light on the reason my laptop keeps crashing.

The screen goes translucent pink before going black and restarting. Often, this restart leads to 8 mini-screens of my actual screen being shown on my laptop.

It can't be a hardware problem as my battery and charger have recently been replaced and I ran some scans which revealed no hardware problems.

I am thinking it must be a software problem but do not want to take a day out of my life to re-install windows. Can anyone help me with this situation?

Thanks!

P.s. - Thought it would be important to mention this only happens when the laptop is on charge. Has yet to occur when laptop is on battery power!

Captain Sausage

All the virus scan stuff I have ran (Ad-aware Full Scan, Windows Defender Full Scan, McAfee OAS Quick Scan), have revealed nothing wrong.

Will try a full scan tomorrow on the McAfee virus protection but assuming it is software problem (not from a virus), anyone have any clue how I get to fixing it?

All the virus scan stuff I have ran (Ad-aware Full Scan, Windows Defender Full Scan, McAfee OAS Quick Scan), have revealed nothing wrong.

Will try a full scan tomorrow on the McAfee virus protection but assuming it is software problem (not from a virus), anyone have any clue how I get to fixing it?

Send a PM to Redjambo. He's the PC guru.

A pink screen is usually a graphics problem and the mini screens effect is another graphics related problem.

Try re-installing the latest graphics card drivers for your laptop. Might fix it.

A pink screen is usually a graphics problem and the mini screens effect is another graphics related problem.

Try re-installing the latest graphics card drivers for your laptop. Might fix it.

Echo what MB said. It definitely seems like a graphics problem (Could be virus, but I doubt it). As MB suggested, try upgrading the driver. If this does not work try un-installing the driver and then re-installing.

If this does not work then it's really not good news. You could maybe try a compete system rebuild. If this does not work then I think you might have a problem with your graphics card, which when happens with laptops is not good, as they are almost irreplaceable.

Captain Sausage

Cheers guys!

Turns out it works fine with the new driver software.

Was a bit worried when it wouldn't let me log in the first time but it has gone 4 hours without a crash. Looking good!

Looks like my laptop has turned back from the queer side!

Archived