If you could bring back 1 player who would it be?

CBjambo

Who would you bring back to help Hearts?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you bring back to help Hearts?

Ok... bit bored at work... finished what I needed to do for the day and have been reading the threads on kickback.

There is talk about players who are 'maybe' returning to Hearts.

Now we know that it is all talk... however I was just wondering... 'If we could bring back an ex player (who is still playing) to the benefit of the team... who would you lot choose?

berrathanhibs

it was tough for me either hartley or bednar but went with roman as wee have enough midfielders.

John Robertson by a country mile !!!!!!!

Out of that list I'd go for Craig Gordon as he has years ahead of him at the very top.

gordon, safe pair of hands, generally no real weaknesses, hearts through and through.

if he had stayed for longer i believe he eventually could have became one of they goalies that have the presence and passion of meriting the captains armband.

Ok... bit bored at work... finished what I needed to do for the day and have been reading the threads on kickback.

There is talk about players who are 'maybe' returning to Hearts.

Now we know that it is all talk... however I was just wondering... 'If we could bring back an ex player (who is still playing) to the benefit of the team... who would you lot choose?

Bugger!

Forgot to put McCann and Ricardo down there too!

Sorry lads... your in the A Nother slot!

I went with Miller - controvertial maybe. I just believe that if he hadn't left us, he would have scored bags loads in the last few years.

I voted gordon, but when you say bring them back... Would that be Pressley now or when he was at his best for us?

Wouldnt want him anymore but if it was him at the top of his game then yes.

Bednar was a bit hit and miss for me, if the ball wasn't at his feet exactly where he wanted it he wouldn't play well. However, he could finish but he missed an absolute sitter against Kilmarnock which sticks out in my mind for some reason!

I don't know, him or Fuller to solve our striker problem. Looking at Lee Miller's goalscoring record he hasn't actually done all that well with the sheep in terms of goals scored.

I voted Bednar.

Ironic that the reason the poll was created was because of the story about Pospisil but nobody has voted for him.:laugh:

Pospisil would be the best financial option for the club, Bednar would demand too much, although, I feel he (RB) is the better of the 2 Czech's we had.

Iva Choo Choo.

;)

Having read the OP, unlike those all clamouring for Clark, Colquhoun, Robbo etc, etc, I voted Skacel. Fantastic player and IMO a viable transfer target.

Mickey Cameron for me.

In his prime, he would be the perfect player to fill Csaba's attacking midfield role.

Nobody on that list is fit to lace the boots of John Robertson or Drew Busby, so I'd opt for one of those two.

Assuming the player would be returning for free - Craig Gordon, so we could sell him again for another 9 million quid.

Destruction Derby

Lee Miller, thought he was a great goalscorer for us. never showed his potential until recently when he left us, if he had stayed he would have been in the Scotland squad well before now.

tartofmidlothian

Woah, toughest poll yet! I decided to narrow it down by only going for even slightly realistic or affordable targets - which means Hartley, Velicka and Seve. As someone said, we have enough midfielders and I don't think Hartley would be the goal machine he once was for us.

So it's defender or striker, and a good striker's always the more exciting prospect - Velicka.

Has to be Terry McCann. He had a spell first time round when everytime he got the ball you thought something positive was about to happen.

PS Robbo was/is a class act and goal scorers are worth there weight in gold.

Robbo!

;) Nice username my friend.

John Robertson by a country mile !!!!!!!

Out of that list I'd go for Craig Gordon as he has years ahead of him at the very top.

Agreed. Wee Robbo would have to be my choice and Gordon out of the list.

John Robertson, John Colquhoun, Colin Cameron, Ricardo Fuller and Gary Naismith.

Out of the list i'd have to go with Roman Bednar

Archived