Man Utd tonight.

alwaysthereinspirit

Can see your point but can't agree. Man U are a joy to watch and one of only a few non HMFC teams that I would go out of my way to see.

Chelsea won it twice recently. That really was ****ing boring.

Man Utd have been boring this season.

Great side who are grinding out wins where in the past they would really put teams to the sword. I don't think offensively they are playing anywhere near what they are capable of at the moment.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The White Cockade

Man Utd are a great team and great to watch

What I like is the way that the team has been based for the last

15 years on a backbone of British players - mostly youngsters that came through their youth system with the addition of top quality buys to add class

Its amazing that the Nevilles, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Beckham were part of the team for so long

Its that continuity, stability, good management and quality signings that i'd like to see at Tynecastle (on a smaller scale obviously)

If our Academy could produce quality youngsters that could make it through to the first team that would be a start

Hopefully Glen, Templeton and a few others will start to make an impact in the next couple of years

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Man Utd have been boring this season.

Great side who are grinding out wins where in the past they would really put teams to the sword. I don't think offensively they are playing anywhere near what they are capable of at the moment.

Scored a goal resulting from 23 passes last night!

Charlie-Brown

Football was better when teams like Man Utd could win the European Cup then 6 or 7 years later get relegated, now it's all just about who has the most money & the most luck - well recently it is anyway - Man Utd & Chelsea could barely be split last season and Chelsea could just as easily have won the EPL & CL as Utd did.

Charlie-Brown

In my opinion it would good for interest in the Premiership title race if Liverpool, Villa & Arsenal could beat or take some points of Man Utd in those head to head games coming up which might at least allow some other team(s) back in....otherwise it will be a snooze-fest if Utd cruise to another title win and again underline the lack of competition that league suffers from at the top end.

Man Utd are a great team and great to watch

What I like is the way that the team has been based for the last

15 years on a backbone of British players - mostly youngsters that came through their youth system with the addition of top quality buys to add class

Its amazing that the Nevilles, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Beckham were part of the team for so long

Its that continuity, stability, good management and quality signings that i'd like to see at Tynecastle (on a smaller scale obviously)

If our Academy could produce quality youngsters that could make it through to the first team that would be a start

Hopefully Glen, Templeton and a few others will start to make an impact in the next couple of years

To the fantastic group which included Giggs and Scholes - a throwback to Best and Charlton ... United have brought through players such as Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher etc. who might not be the best players in the side but are very important squad players.

I think Fergie is magnificent, his teams always are about great football and I hope they win everything this year.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Agreed. Much better than Chelski or L'pool whilst that Spanish tube is in charge getting hands on trophies. At least Fergie builds teams and only adds a quality player here or there when required.

I don't think Charlie understands that though, he likes the Romanov approach.

Not strictly true is it :laugh:

Recent Utd transfers.

02/Jan/2009 Adem Ljajic Partizan Belgrade Undisclosed

02/Jan/2009 Zoran Tosic Partizan Belgrade Undisclosed

01/Sep/2008 Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham 30.75m

09/Jul/2008 Rafael Fluminense Undisclosed

09/Jul/2008 Fabio Fluminense Undisclosed

Summer 07

Owen Hargreaves Bayern Munich ?17,000,000

Anderson FC Porto ?17,000,000

Nani Sporting Lisbon ?14,000,000

Tomasz Kuszczak West Brom ?3,000,000

Carlos Tevez West Ham Utd Undisclosed

All the undisclosed fees except for Tevez are believed to be around ?3-5m each which means Fergie has spent around ?100m in 18 months.

All the players in bold are regularly in the first team squad.

Not strictly true is it :laugh:

Recent Utd transfers.

02/Jan/2009 Adem Ljajic Partizan Belgrade Undisclosed

02/Jan/2009 Zoran Tosic Partizan Belgrade Undisclosed

01/Sep/2008 Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham 30.75m

09/Jul/2008 Rafael Fluminense Undisclosed

09/Jul/2008 Fabio Fluminense Undisclosed

Summer 07

Owen Hargreaves Bayern Munich ?17,000,000

Anderson FC Porto ?17,000,000

Nani Sporting Lisbon ?14,000,000

Tomasz Kuszczak West Brom ?3,000,000

Carlos Tevez West Ham Utd Undisclosed

All the undisclosed fees except for Tevez are believed to be around ?3-5m each which means Fergie has spent around ?100m in 18 months.

All the players in bold are regularly in the first team squad.

All of them have been great value so far.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
All of them have been great value so far.

That was not the point I was making.

Anyway you are wrong. Owen Hargreaves has played about 25 games in nearly two seasons - which is nowhere near great value :)

That was not the point I was making.

Anyway you are wrong. Owen Hargreaves has played about 25 games in nearly two seasons - which is nowhere near great value :)

Helped them win the European Cup last year!

Archived