Velicka

P-Dizzle

So are there any chances of him coming back, on loan perhaps? I mean hes not playing any games and he was a good player when he was at Hearts.

Think its possible?

Two and a half years of contract left at Rangers. I can't see him lasting that. It'll be interesting to see where he goes next. It won't be back to Tynecastle.

cant see it we would have to pay a fee and he would proberly want decent wages when we are trying to cut the wage bill another thing that iam wondering is that why the hell did rangers buy him and he has only started a couple of games

Im sure we were linked with him back in November/December time, but I think that was a load of pesh. Cant see him coming back here.

Two and a half years of contract left at Rangers. I can't see him lasting that. It'll be interesting to see where he goes next. It won't be back to Tynecastle.

On the contrary I can see him serving every last minute of that contract unless Rangers pay it off. He's not far from the end of his career. Another two years at Ibrox and back home for the last couple of years. Jobsa good un.

Free money still available from two major outlets in Glasgow

But wouldnt rangers consider a loan deal? Maybe cut someone who isnt even cover for first team wages out.

Would give us a short term striker for next season if we couldnt find one, as you say hes towards the end of his career. I think if there was an offer he would accept and im sure he would score more than 3 goals :mw_rolleyes:

For the same reasons the OF buy anyone from other SPL clubs. To make sure he didn't play against them.

The fact he was sold via Norway was very shady.

was my exact thinking aswell

Jambo, Goodbye

If he's not in their plans he should agree mutual termination of his contract and sign up elsewhere (I'd like him here)

At his age I'm sure he'd prefer to be playing week in week out again and Rangers would like to get the wagebill down I'd think...

At worst I'd want him somewhere but Ibrox playing, he's a good player and deserves to be on the pitch

The thought of taking ANY player on loan from one of the bigot brothers makes me sick.

Them dictating who he plays against, when he returns, etc etc? Na, no thanks!

As others have said, his move to Rangers was well shady. 1 mil to Stavanger, then 5 mins later, after scoring a baroowload for them, he's off to Rangers......for 1 million? Didn't make any sense at the time, still doesn't.

Good player for us............now an old firm dobbar. Fact. End of.

Well, the rangers board etc were talking about selling the fringe players to reduce wages.

So if Velicka isnt allready for sale, why didnt hearts look at him(publicly) like they did Porter? Even if it was just end of season or a 1 year contract etc.

Would love to see him playing in a Hearts shirt again. He proved to us he was a prolific goalscorer and we could do with one now! I could imagine him and Nade could be good upfront together.

TBH, i can't see him coming back to us. Rangers will want a fee for him atleast and would he really want to play for us again???

Rangers won't want to loan him to an SPL rival and with our cut in wage budget we probably couldn't afford to loan him anyway. If he goes anywhere, be it on loan or on a permanent deal it'll be the CCC or abroad.

The thought of taking ANY player on loan from one of the bigot brothers makes me sick.

Them dictating who he plays against, when he returns, etc etc? Na, no thanks!

As others have said, his move to Rangers was well shady. 1 mil to Stavanger, then 5 mins later, after scoring a baroowload for them, he's off to Rangers......for 1 million? Didn't make any sense at the time, still doesn't.

Good player for us............now an old firm dobbar. Fact. End of.

I dont think he scored that many when he left hearts. And if its an old firm dobbar who puts it in the back of the net for us, then im happy.

Its not good when were looking to Callum Elliot as a serious striking option. Bring on the old firm rejects on the cheap if there going :laugh:

Rangers won't want to loan him to an SPL rival

The 13 point gap between us makes me doubt if we are rivals in their eyes at all.

The 13 point gap between us makes me doubt if we are rivals in their eyes at all.

We play in the same league so we are a rival club. If they have a choice they're obviously going to send him elsewhere aren't they? We probably couldn't afford to loan him anyway.

Jambo, Goodbye
We play in the same league so we are a rival club. If they have a choice they're obviously going to send him elsewhere aren't they? We probably couldn't afford to loan him anyway.

Not that I think he would come on Loan but if he did he wouldnt be eligible to play against Rangers most prob but he would against Celtic

You'd think Rangers would want to take that chance and reduce their wagebill, even if we only paid a percentage of it...

We have struggled to score goals, Velicka scores goals. He would make us a better team. If the Rank set terms like he didn't play against them, then it might be advantageous for them. However, the nature of his departure and our current need to spend much less money would suggest to me that he won't be coming to us.

I think rangers would take any offer. Hes just baggage, and if a few offers were on the table. Dont you think he would choose hearts over some bottom half championship side?

I think rangers would take any offer. Hes just baggage, and if a few offers were on the table. Dont you think he would choose hearts over some bottom half championship side?

It's all hypothetical but Rangers would take the best offer that suits them. Not any offer. For what it's worth I think he'd prefer to play in the CCC and I wouldn't blame him. It's a better quality league.

Not that I think he would come on Loan but if he did he wouldnt be eligible to play against Rangers most prob but he would against Celtic

You'd think Rangers would want to take that chance and reduce their wagebill, even if we only paid a percentage of it...

As said above Rangers will go for the best deal if and when they get rid. The best deal won't be from us.

and the manager of the team in Norway is Ogil Ostensted, who played from Rangers and is good mates still with Mr Smith!

Even though he played under McLeish:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good work statto:mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes:

Rangers were off their trolleys to buy him.

It didn't take them long to find him out when he got onto the training pitch mind you ... not played since August? :laugh:

No longer active

Why go for dross like Velicka, when there are far better players at RFC whom would love to play for the Hearts?

Perhaps Webster or even Weir are worth a punt ? Eh ?

Jambof3tornado
Why go for dross like Velicka, when there are far better players at RFC whom would love to play for the Hearts?

:eek:Oh dear oh dear!!

Is it a fishing expedition??:mw_rolleyes:

Wier will be picking up his OAP bus pass soon, never mind a new contract...

Mac_fae_Gillie

would have loved to have seen him upfront with Nade...

but just as happy to see him take money from RFC for nothing.

Its the old OF tactic of bench warmng players to reduce the threat to themselves as money is tight I don't mind.

And yep was mighty weird the move he made.

Archived