Just Say No!

Moriarty

No, I'm not really. I just don't take kindly to strangers on the internet policing my perfectly fine posts. The Mods are here to do that. Don't concern yourself with anything that doesn't involve you.

If I see anything I disagree with I tend to comment on it. And for some strange reason that brings me in contact with you from time to time AP.

I don't go running to the Mods mate, I just call it as I see it. But then non-conformity isn't something you particularly support, is it? :mw_rolleyes:

Watch out Chad, it's the internet police. :rolleyes:

:laugh: I'm receiving a toothless mauling from the infamous Sexington/Partridge gang. How will I ever live it down? :rolleyes:

Say What Again
:laugh: I'm receiving a toothless mauling from the infamous Sexington/Partridge gang. How will I ever live it down? :rolleyes:

987169e0.jpg

:tongue:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
If I see anything I disagree with I tend to comment on it. And for some strange reason that brings me in contact with you from time to time AP.

I don't go running to the Mods mate, I just call it as I see it. But then non-conformity isn't something you particularly support, is it? :mw_rolleyes:

Well in this case you are completely wrong. You have even admitted you would like to see the question answered ... so whats your fecking problem?

I've found you strange ever since you said I was the worst poster on the board and then PM'd me to wish me a merry Christmas.

Chad Sexington

You cant.

Best that you just leave the internet all together. :rolleyes:

It's for the best.

;)

Well in this case you are completely wrong. You have even admitted you would like to see the question answered ... so whats your fecking problem?

I've found you strange ever since you said I was the worst poster on the board and then PM'd me to wish me a merry Christmas.

Joint worst poster on the board, IIRC. You seemed genuinely upset which is why I PM'd you. Just because I think you're a bad poster doesn't mean I can't appreciate you as a fellow human being and Jambo, so I PM'd you to wish you a Merry Christmas. Nowt strange about that lad. :rolleyes:

Joint worst poster on the board, IIRC. You seemed genuinely upset which is why I PM'd you. Just because I think you're a bad poster doesn't mean I can't appreciate you as a fellow human being and Jambo, so I PM'd you to wish you a Merry Christmas. Nowt strange about that lad. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

The day I am genuinely upset about something on the internet is the day I end it all. 'Lad' :rolleyes:

You cant.

Best that you just leave the internet all together. :rolleyes:

It's for the best.

;)

:laugh: If it's alright with you, I may carry on a bit - I'm starting to enjoy this interweb thingy. You get to meet all sorts of people with weird and wonderful views. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

The day I am genuinely upset about something on the internet is the day I end it all. 'Lad' :rolleyes:

I hope not lad. Life's too precious. :D

I hope not lad. Life's too precious. :D

If I have to put up with your self righteous pish for much longer I might have to end it. :rolleyes:

If I have to put up with your self righteous pish for much longer I might have to end it. :rolleyes:

:laugh: I'll see what I can do. ;)

EXACTLY what I thought when reading another of his Posts!!

IJ lives on in Norwich, Middlesex, Edinburgh...Were ever SL (IJ) lives now!! :tongue:

Even the "Late Great" Irvine Jambo would Blush at some of this guys Posts!! :mw_rolleyes:

Oh behave yourself, you! :tongue: There's a thread about the supposed resurection of IJ (that's IJ, not I.J) in the members' area: I don't buy it to be honest, but I think I was chief suspect at one point! Honestly, this place... :D

Fame! I'm gonna last five minutes... Oh, and I now live in Witney, Oxfordshire. Do keep up. :)

Why did you choose them when you were that young?!

Surely you choose the team your family follow or your local team/team your mates support?

Blimey. Leave this place for a few hours, and all hell breaks loose! I realise you were just being curious, AP - though am grateful for redjambo's organising of my crack rebuttal unit. I have taken a fair amount of stick over the last few months, as you know: hence his response - though things have been a lot better lately in any case. And rest assured, you are certainly not one of the worst posters on here. :)

Anyway, to return to the story - and with the usual apologies for boring everyone else witless about it - well, there was no history of football fandom in my family. My Dad was vaguely aware of Brentford; my gran was always on about Tottenham being the 'Jewish club'. But neither appealed at all to me: I didn't like Spurs at all in truth, and as for Arsenal, and their constant attempts at organised boredom under George Graham... :eek: I might've been a Liverpool fan (my Mum bought me a Crown Paints strip and a programme for the 1987 Littlewoods Cup Final), but gloryhunting was never my style. And locally, that left QPR (with their glorious, oh so intimidating chant, "We. Are. QPR! I said we are QPR!") or Watford. Mates of mine supported the 'Orns - but they too played horrific football, and despite all the Junior Hornets leaflets that came through my letterbox, I turned my nose up at them.

I've been on here long enough now for people to appreciate that I'm something of a lunatic. A nice lunatic; but a lunatic all the same. Lunatics don't make easy choices; lunatics fall in love with strange football clubs. Norwich - underdogs in the 88/9 title race, written off by all and sundry, so incredibly likeable, no violence among their supporters, a belief in playing football on the deck at a time when the long ball was all the rage - seemed perfect. And Hearts - underdogs in the 91/2 title race, written off by most observers, such a marvellous, old club with a snakebitten, romantic history and the most fantastic name you could ever come up with - were likewise.

Weird, I know - but there it is. You can't help who you fall in love with, after all. The Walker era at Carrow Road and the Jefferies era at Tynecastle effectively consummated my affections for both. (If this was a movie, you'd be going all warm and fuzzy now - but as it's not, you'll just have to make do with saying "ahhhh".)

Archived