Tynecastle next season!!

tedp6873

jamboinglasgow
Buildings in a much worse state of ageing, disrepair or even ruin have been beautifully restored & modernised. It's certainly possible just depends on the will & cost factor.

or just get the council to own it. In Glasgow, the boat houses on the clyde which are owned by the council (and have four rowing clubs in it) have been condemned for 70 years but they dont want to build new ones so they let the rowing clubs stay there. Tried to offer Glasgow University their building for a pound but the uni refused as if they bought it then the council would tell them to knock it down and a build a new building themselves. And all this happening while Glasgow city council are investing in the infrastructure for the commenwealth games.

Sydney from Sydney
Does anyone still actually believe we are getting a new stand?

I gave up on the idea long ago and tbh, I'm not that bothered. The Main Stand is the best part of the ground.

Have to agree with that. I always sit in the main stand when I get home for a game.

Charlie-Brown

Hopefully the club can get away with minimal maintenance work to get new safety certificates. Any major work if required would probably mean selling a player to finance it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
[/b]

Have to agree with that. I always sit in the main stand when I get home for a game.

Section T right up against the wall behind the dugout is the best part of the ground for a number of reasons.

• You can hear what the management are saying
  • You can give opposition bench abuse
  • You get to look out onto the 3 'good' stands which make the ground look massive
  • You are close to the pie stand
  • You can stand without folk moaning

Are you surprised it's "delayed" again?

I'm just gonna sit back and await our new stand then. 2010 they said it'd be ready right?

Yup prior to a worldwide economic down turn your right they did im amazed then never saw it coming like all those bankers :eek: and are now having to re-plan

Guest JamboRobbo
Yup prior to a worldwide economic down turn your right they did im amazed then never saw it coming like all those bankers :eek: and are now having to re-plan

aye, thats what's caused the delay right enough. If it wasn't for the econimic downturn, the stand would be half way built by now. :mw_rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

The stadium doesnt have planning permission so nothing could or would have been built or started until if or when that's ever granted.

aye, thats what's caused the delay right enough. If it wasn't for the econimic downturn, the stand would be half way built by now. :mw_rolleyes:

Did i say it was the only reason ?

Is it a factor ?

We are seeking planning application which since were not asking to build a small hut in someone's garden might be harder to sort out than had been anticipated and our MD has indicated that as far as he is aware we are still progressing it so why the snide comments ?

We need funding at a time where the economy wouldnt hold projects like this which will make it even more difficult.

Or are you convinced its all a Vlad lie ?

When you saw the proposed date of completion did you write it in your diary or pick out your seat from the drawings or something or is this just another negative post for the sake of it ?

Guest JamboRobbo
Did i say it was the only reason ?

It was the only reason you listed, and you seemed to suggest it was the main one.

Is it a factor ?

Of course it is.

We are seeking planning application which since were not asking to build a small hut in someone's garden might be harder to sort out than had been anticipated and our MD has indicated that as far as he is aware we are still progressing it so why the snide comments ?

My comment is suggesting that I've heard this sort of thing said by our MD before, and then it didn't happen.

We need funding at a time where the economy wouldnt hold projects like this which will make it even more difficult.

Or are you convinced its all a Vlad lie ?

Yep. I don't think it'll happen.

When you saw the proposed date of completion did you write it in your diary or pick out your seat from the drawings or something or is this just another negative post for the sake of it ?

I just listen to what we are told, then see if what we are told turns out to be true.

If we keep getting told things will happen, and they keep failing to deliver, I think it's fair to have scepticism towards future statements about what is "definately going to happen".

CornhillHearts
Section T right up against the wall behind the dugout is the best part of the ground for a number of reasons.

• You can hear what the management are saying
  • You can give opposition bench abuse
  • You get to look out onto the 3 'good' stands which make the ground look massive
  • You are close to the pie stand
  • You can stand without folk moaning

You get pies passed down from the Willie Bauld.

If we keep getting told things will happen, and they keep failing to deliver, I think it's fair to have scepticism towards future statements about what is "definately going to happen".

On certain comments on delivering yes i agree that would be in relation to players coming etc however I think if we are talking about things that are failing to happen as you put it when dealing with probably the biggest project in the clubs history since the building of the other 3 stands as well as scepticism we should also have a level of realism as well that delays were inevitable.

I dont think the club could have come out and said "We'll build it sometime when the council has sorted itself out and we've got funding but we have no idea when that'll be" as a timescale.

Realistically its a huge project our MD has said as far as he is aware its ongoing and we know its with the council i dont see its time to start thinking it wont happen at all just not in the original timescale.

However those convinced it wont happen we will know soon enough.

Archived