What a W****r!!!

Rawrrrrrrr

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7892881.stm

Are judges and sheriffs in this country really thick morons?

Yes it was a breach of the peace but given there was no dispute that these were drug dealers ruining the persons life then its utterly scandalous he was jailed.

Even a fine would have been OTT and he should have been admonished.

No doubt the smackheads will use his imprisonment to rob and terrify an unprotected family.

The police probably still won't bother their arses either.

Rock on the british justice system.

I doubt the police and the judge particularly wanted to jail him either but if vigilante action isn't condemmed then the whole judiciary is impotent.

Cue hundreds of responses of PC GONE MAD MA HA

I doubt the police and the judge particularly wanted to jail him either but if vigilante action isn't condemmed then the whole judiciary is impotent.

Cue hundreds of responses of PC GONE MAD MA HA

If you honestly believe that he got what he deserved then god help you.

If you honestly believe that he got what he deserved then god help you.

Not like an American to bring God into this

Ps. How are the reading comprehension classes over that side of the Atlantic?:)

I did read it.

He didnt use any force or weapon, he simply swore at a bunch of smackheads and poured their supplies away.

If he had used force or had a weapon then the vigilante slant would be acceptable but I personally think the guy should be applauded for standing upto the smackheads rather than letting them ruin their lives as the police cried there was nothing they could do.

Generic Username
Not like an American to bring God into this

Ps. How are the reading comprehension classes over that side of the Atlantic?:)

Someone hasn't seen Anchorman...

I think if it had been the other way round the smackhead would have got a rehabilitation order or some other b0ll0cks.

The world really has gone mad given the fact the guy has been jailed for essentially taking 5 bags of heroin off the street.

My favourite quote is where the judge tells him to phone the police. I would hope that after 7 months or whatever it was he might have called them a couple of times!

He is a superhero with butter related powers ?

really? you learn something new every day.

Was he a Marvel character?

I did read it.

He didnt use any force or weapon, he simply swore at a bunch of smackheads and poured their supplies away.

If he had used force or had a weapon then the vigilante slant would be acceptable but I personally think the guy should be applauded for standing upto the smackheads rather than letting them ruin their lives as the police cried there was nothing they could do.

Why didn't he phone the Police so they could raid the house, seize the drugs and arrest the dealers. Surely they would then be sent to prison?

Everyone's a winner!

Why didn't he phone the Police so they could raid the house, seize the drugs and arrest the dealers. Surely they would then be sent to prison?

Everyone's a winner!

Phone them and tell them your neighbours dealing smack and see what happens:mw_rolleyes:

Phone them and tell them your neighbours dealing smack and see what happens:mw_rolleyes:

You sound like a guy talking from experience there.... :tongue:

ToadKiller Dog

knowing tayside police very little.

Would be interesting to know if any action was taken against the dealer at a later date.

I also find it hard to believe that in a small village like Blairgowrie the police dont know where the dealers live.

To be fair to the tayside police they have recently cleaned up a lot of dealers out of dundee in an on going operation maybe with the help of dealers neighbours and other dealers ,what is amazing is that the many junkies in the city have found other dealers to get there crap from ,who would have thunk it ?

I'd like to think they would act. You infer that they wouldn't, even although Im pretty sure in previous posts you have harped on about if you make a complaint to the Police they are duty bound to investigate.

I'd like to think they would act. You infer that they wouldn't, even although Im pretty sure in previous posts you have harped on about if you make a complaint to the Police they are duty bound to investigate.

You would hope they would but tbh its one of those cases were I can see the law being heavily balanced in the criminals favour with no way of the police being able to do much other than document complaints and try and evict them long term.

Ultimately I can see why the guy did what he did and in the absence of physical violence and a weapon I just feel its scandalous a judge jailed

him. As someone has already said you can guarentee the dealers and Junkies wont get a hard sentence

You would hope they would but tbh its one of those cases were I can see the law being heavily balanced in the criminals favour with no way of the police being able to do much other than document complaints and try and evict them long term.

Law balanced in favour of criminals? An oxymoron surely? The Police could raid the gaff, find the narcs and nick the dealers.

Ultimately I can see why the guy did what he did and in the absence of physical violence and a weapon I just feel its scandalous a judge jailed

him. As someone has already said you can guarentee the dealers and Junkies wont get a hard sentence

Two months for threatening to kill someone? Is that a hard sentence in your book?

Still, you seem to be arguing for vigilante justice and the courts and judicial system just gets in the way...

I find the bit " Drummond was reported to the Police by another addict" a bit confusing to me it makes it sound like Drummond is also an addict although the other information contradicts that. The sentence might be stiff, but tjhere was death threat, there may also be some hope that it will act as a deterrent to stop others from doing it.

He wouldn't do that here, in the last ten days or so we have had something like nine shootings over drug gang wars. They are now getting into gunfights in broad daylight in shopping mall parking lots. Its like the wild west in the Vancouver area. They estimate there are now somewhere in the region of 160 gangs all involved in the drug trade, they are armed with automatic weapons, wear body armour and have cars that have been armoured. I assure you if he had done what he done in the Vancouver area he would now be dead.

Whilst I completely agree with the sentiment of this thread, if you dont take action, publicly against the guy who broke into the flat then suddenly you have a whole bunch of vigililanties(sp) out there doing the same thing.

As another poster said, the authorities probably didnt want to do anything, but felt they had to to avoid the consequences as I have stated above.

This law is an ass, on the same day a guy gets 3 years (maxium was 5) for killing 6 people in an accident he could have prevented. Another guy gets locked up for 2 months for taken a small quanity of drugs off the street & "treatening" to kill some junkie. Hell i would be inside for a few months myself for threatening someone in that case! I understand i shouldn't compare the cases, just wanted to make a small point on how unfair the law looks to be. The perception is serious criminals get off lightly.

P.S. I wonder if the police have still got the details of the addict that complained in the 1st place?

Miller Jambo 60
This law is an ass, on the same day a guy gets 3 years (maxium was 5) for killing 6 people in an accident he could have prevented. Another guy gets locked up for 2 months for taken a small quanity of drugs off the street & "treatening" to kill some junkie. Hell i would be inside for a few months myself for threatening someone in that case! I understand i shouldn't compare the cases, just wanted to make a small point on how unfair the law looks to be. The perception is serious criminals get off lightly.

P.S. I wonder if the police have still got the details of the addict that complained in the 1st place?

I was going to say i would have killed him.

But iwas dead

I was going to say i would have killed him.

But iwas dead

WHAT?????

Doug, You're burstin ma Heid with your posts!!! :108years:

ToadKiller Dog

The senior police man for the blairgowrie area just happened to be on the local radio tay this morning, making an announcement about how funds are to be released to improve policing in the Blair area to tackle crime blah de blah ,I wonder why .

Optimus Prime

Everyone's a winner!

In a ideal world yes, but this is on the assumption that the Police are a competent outfit.

The fact is that this guy was a well known dealer in the area and the guy who was arrested only made threats after previously asking the dealer several times not to sell drugs to a member of his family, i think it was his brother in law, because he continued to supply him the guy lost his temper and mad some threats and personally i think a suspended sentence would have sufficed.

The biggest problem Prancer seems to have and i agree with him on this is that still nothing has been done about this drug dealer while a family man is sitting in prison.

Also has to be noted that the sheriff who sent him away has in the past 12 monts given a dealer 240hrs community service and another a fine while letting a youth worker who had sex with a 15 yr old 180hrs community service, now tell me a 2 month sentence was justified.

Archived