Mackies Goal

Cambo_Jambo

Not seen it mentioned anywhere but I thought it deserved it.

He may be completely Tom Kite but that is one of the most incredible finishes I've seen at Tyncastle.

Victory makes me magnanimous and generous with my praise.

Fantastic finish but could and probably should have been prevented. A ball travelling over 40,50 yards over the top should NEVER catch out two centre halfs and a keeper. He was only twelve yards out when he made connection with the ball. For a ball to travel that distance in the air and the keeper not coming to collect it is bad goalkeeping. So although it was a fantastic finish it was or should have been easily dealt with.

He may be completely Tom Kite but that is one of the most incredible finishes I've seen at Tyncastle.

It was a good finish, but hardly incredible!

I also noticed after watching the highlights that if Karipidis hadn't lost plot after he'd lost the ball the chance would never have come.

Thought the Balloch was caught in no-mans land. He was too far out and should have come for it, or stayed on his line and perhaps saved it. Ho Hum we won and I will give the Sheep the benefit of the doubt and say good goal well taken.

He Who Cannot Be Named

It deserved it? the boy stuck his foot out, changed the direction of the ball, ended up in the net with a bit of luck..

Most incredible finishes you've seen? You must have only been at tynie the once then.

Seriously, what possesed you to come up with that?

Good finish, but not incredible, how many games at Tynie have you been at?

It was one of those goals that are often labelled great goals, two speculative efforts from Aberdeen players that resulted in a goal. On the Match of the Day goal of the month competition, it was always a lottery as to who picks the winner. Do they go for the thirty yard belter or the technical football goal.

I don't think the guy playing the long ball forward intended setting it up for a volley for Mackie.

I think that Mackie could try that exact same volley another hundred times and fail to hit the target.

Good finish, but with a fair amount of luck in there. For example, I think our first goal was a far better goal. Cross with the outside of the foot, good lay off by Obua and finish by Nade.

disagree

well taken but avoidable as firstly a bad pass from us, followed by poor marking and bad positioning by the keeper made it easier for him

he did however, time his run and finish well

Come back Kello. thought Ballogh looked dodgy on a number of occasions on saturday!

Chad Sexington

Long speculative punt, indecisive defending and goalkeeping, good volley.

To say it was one of the most incredible finishes you've seen at Tynie suggests you don't get down Gorgie way very often.

:rolleyes:

Long speculative punt, indecisive defending and goalkeeping, good volley.

To say it was one of the most incredible finishes you've seen at Tynie suggests you don't get down Gorgie way very often.

:rolleyes:

As an Hearts fan, I ought to know a thing or two about hoofball or so the flairmeisters across the city believe...so from my position as an afficionado of the hoof, I?d say it was a damned fine crossfield hoof, one that David Beckham would have been proud of no less...

Seriously though I cannot think of a better losing goal at Tynecastle! :laugh:

Good finish and a good ball from Mulgrew but to say it was incredible is a bit too much. If Eggert Jonsson was in a better position, the goal would have never of come IMO. :tongue:

Guest jambomickey

i've not seen it on the tv but at the game on saturday i thought it was bad goalkeeping! balogh looked dodgy on saturday imo.

chester copperpot

I said to my mate on saturday that it was a cack goal to concede, however viewing the highlights, it was actually a superbly taken goal.

Never mind, let us all do the usual Scottish thing and dismiss it as a lucky hoof into the net.

i've not seen it on the tv but at the game on saturday i thought it was bad goalkeeping! balogh looked dodgy on saturday imo.

If it wasn't for Balogh rushing out of his goal a couple of times in the first 5 mins, we would have gone a goal down! IMO Balogh played a great game.

Whilst not putting it all down to luck (Ballogh came and cleared up a couple of simialr punts during the game and our centre backs got better still with some miscommunication) I thought our three spectators allowed the goal rather than vintage hibs copying

loveofthegame

Not even close to being in the same league to the volley from Mackie's strike partner on Saturday a while back against Killie (IIRC). Thankfully that was in a Hearts shirt though.

It was a good finish but a very poor goal to lose defensively - I think Jonsson was badly caught out. I can't help thinking that had Berra still been in the team Mackie would have got nowhere near connecting with the ball in the first place.

Speculative, yes. Lucky, yes.

Both of these facts do not stop it being a great finish do they? He wanted to score, he took a chance and it hit the back of the net.

Just because he was jammy doesn't mean it is suddenly invalid as a good finish.

As to the inclusion of incredible, perhaps I exagerated slightly. Always exagerate in posts!

Francis Albert

Almost all goals are avoidable. Our two certainly were.

Most also involve an element of luck.

I thought at the time it was good goal. The through ball split the defenders perfectly, Mackie's run was perfect, and his finish could hardly have been better (if maybe a touch fortunate).

Harsh to blame Johnsson - much more experienced central defenders would have struggled IMO.

winston churchill

as i said on saturday, and again after seeing it on tv.

the balogh could have done something about it.

the ball was just hoofed from the half way line and he had time to come out.

Thunderstruck

If it had been at the other end, it would have been goal of the season, defensive errors or not. Mulgrew's punt was speculative but Mackie's finish at pace on a ball coming over his shoulder was impressive.

Hopefully, Eggert will be allowed to learn from mistake and not be branded a "bombscare" by the usual suspects.

If it had been at the other end, it would have been goal of the season, defensive errors or not. Mulgrew's punt was speculative but Mackie's finish at pace on a ball coming over his shoulder was impressive.

Hopefully, Eggert will be allowed to learn from mistake and not be branded a "bombscare" by the usual suspects.

Must have been a whisker away from offside when the ball is crossed over :D

Just one of those goals I'm afraid. Balogh, like myself, was probably hoping that the guy was going to take a touch and be forced wide or Eggy would put him off sufficiently for Mackie to Row Z it

jambos are go!

Surely no keeper would come normally for such a ball with a centre back in attendance and the forward not in the clear?

it was a great finish and like many great finishes, there's an element of luck. How many times do u see the likes of Torres & Ronaldo stick the ball through the legs of the 'keeper. Great finishes but also, in a way, lucky.

Mackie's goal was impressive but there have been many greater to grace Tynie.

Anyone remember Reira's goal for bordeaux??

Thought the crossfield ball was better than the finish myself.

Dropped with pinpoint accuracy onto Mackie's boot.

Fluke? Perhaps. Looked damn good though. Pat Nevin was quite right to say that if a Man Utd player did that everyone would assume it was a sublime piece of skill.

Just glad we won the game.

IMO it was a hopeful punt in the general direction of our box and mackie just got something on it. Was nothing spectacular and i think if we had'nt came back and won the game people would not be so generous towards that sheepshagger.

Good ball from Mulgrew in that it gave Jonnson and Balogh something to worry about, but its Jonnson's job to clean that up without a doubt and he's watched the ball come right over his head and drop perfectly for Mackie. Mackie's actually controlled the finish by sidefooting it past Balogh.

A good finish but Eggerts fault it got as far as Mackie.

No harm done in the end.

IMO it was a hopeful punt in the general direction of our box and mackie just got something on it. Was nothing spectacular and i think if we had'nt came back and won the game people would not be so generous towards that sheepshagger.

And you would have thought exactly the same if we had scored it, would you? :) It was an excellent goal - it's very hard to hit a ball like that, let alone direct it into the net. Well done to the lad. Glad we cuffed them though. :laugh:

It's a beautifully struck pass and a wonderful volley...but having watched the move several times I just wonder if Mackie might have been fractionally off-side?

Nicholas Brody
It's a beautifully struck pass and a wonderful volley...but having watched the move several times I just wonder if Mackie might have been fractionally off-side?

No way :laugh:. It was a really good goal. Don't think anyone expected him to take it first time.

Must have been a whisker away from offside when the ball is crossed over :D

Just one of those goals I'm afraid. Balogh, like myself, was probably hoping that the guy was going to take a touch and be forced wide or Eggy would put him off sufficiently for Mackie to Row Z it

At the game i thought it was a bad mistake from Eggert.When you see the goal on the telly Mackie is already behing Eggert when the ball is played so he is about half a yard offside and Eggert cant get back at him to stop him getting a shot at goal.

At the game i thought it was a bad mistake from Eggert.When you see the goal on the telly Mackie is already behing Eggert when the ball is played so he is about half a yard offside and Eggert cant get back at him to stop him getting a shot at goal.

That's exactly how I came to see it, Sam. I can't understand why Hammy 90 sees the notion as "laughable".

Archived