Barry Ferguson

Robertson9

How is this imposter still getting a game for club and country.

He's absolutely dire :mad:

Can't say i'm bothered about that part.

I'm a huge Scotland fan and i'd much rather have Ferguson in our midfield than not. The last qualifying campaign he was absolutely immense for Scotland.

jack D and coke
He's pesh. He couldn't lace his elder brother's boots. He WAS a player.

Absolute nonsense. Derek showed promise in his early Rangers career, nothing more. A wasted talent.

Compare their careers and see for yourself.

Cos he plays for Rangers that's why!! Always thought he was overated, as for his brother Derek....he came to Hearts and was totally pizd off that his beloved Rangers didn't want him, never convinced me he wanted to be there, another ned-boy, just like "wee Barry"

I think this thread contains vague sectarian references.

Ooops, wrong thread.

AHM GONA REPORT YOO 2 DA MODZ!1!!!!one!!

ROFLz.

Long may that continue. He is ridiculously over-rated, but surely this has been discussed on here before. Are you trying to rouse our resident mini huns?

Absolute nonsense. Derek showed promise in his early Rangers career, nothing more. A wasted talent.

Derek Ferguson was on the radio yesterday saying he played his best football at Hearts......think they were talking about players only getting international recognition when they're at the old firm.

AHM GONA REPORT YOO 2 DA MODZ!1!!!!one!!

ROFLz.

I now fully expect you to be allowed to make 26 posts on this thread but not indulge in debating the thread topic.

Not the player he was.As for his brother,the money we paid for him was well over the odds for what we got performance wise.

I now fully expect you to be allowed to make 26 posts on this thread but not indulge in debating the thread topic.

I couldn't care less about this topic.

But you are a **** for discussing it.

BOOOO.

Derek Ferguson was on the radio yesterday saying he played his best football at Hearts......think they were talking about players only getting international recognition when they're at the old firm.

Souness obviously didn't think Derek Ferguson was good enough or he wouldnt've sold him to us. On the point of players getting recognition depending on what team they played for, look no further than Tosh McKinlay, spent 6 years at Hearts, not a sniff of a cap, within a month or so after selling him to Celtic, he was in the Scotland squad. It's almost as if the SFA refuse to cap players unless the "bigott brothers" think they're good enough!

Souness obviously didn't think Derek Ferguson was good enough or he wouldnt've sold him to us. On the point of players getting recognition depending on what team they played for, look no further than Tosh McKinlay, spent 6 years at Hearts, not a sniff of a cap, within a month or so after selling him to Celtic, he was in the Scotland squad. It's almost as if the SFA refuse to cap players unless the "bigott brothers" think they're good enough!

Always has been and always will be. Look at the clamour for Fleck to be included in the Scotland squad after only 4 games. Do you think he would be quoted if he played for a club outwith the Ugly Sisters?

Souness obviously didn't think Derek Ferguson was good enough or he wouldnt've sold him to us.

Graeme Souness, the man who signed:

Torben Piechnik

Ali Dia

Istvan Kozma

And who singlehandedly almost destroyed Benfica with his signing policy.

As far as judges of talent go, I'm not sure he's the best example.

;)

He was one of the ones they mentioned, was ridiculous he never got caps with us, but as others have said it always has and always will be like that. It was the same with the last crop of fester road wunderkids.

Graeme Souness, the man who signed:

Torben Piechnik

Ali Dia

Istvan Kozma

And who singlehandedly almost destroyed Benfica with his signing policy.

As far as judges of talent go, I'm not sure he's the best example.

;)

Richard Gough, Terry Butcher, Trevor Steven, Chris Woods, Graham Roberts, David Robertson, even Mo Johnston, i'm not saying for one minute that Souness didn't sign a few turkeys, every manager does, he did sign these players. The point was that if he didn't think Ferguson was good enough, he wouldn't have sold him to us. Lets not forget, he didn't rate Dave McPherson either, he only went back to Rangers because Souness left, least we got one decent player from him!

alwaysthereinspirit

Wash your mouth out. He's one of the greatest players ever spawned by the mighty Gers.

If not for homesickness and the fact English isn't his first language he'd have taken the premier league by storm.

Derek Ferguson was on the radio yesterday saying he played his best football at Hearts......

That's actually really frightening cause apart from two semi finals; one V's Airdrie at Hampden and one v's Rangers at Parkhead he was absolutely murder for us!!!

any overhyped teenager for anyone of the ugly sisters has a earnings span of around 10yrs!!!

At least Derek Ferguson knew how to pass the ball in a forward direction!!!

Tom Boyd (now there's a face I would never tire of punching) was another who played pretty well while at Motherwell but only got capped significantly after moving to the OF.

Also heard DF on Off the Ball, was sticking up for his wee bro big style. can still remember a shout from the Shed area "Derek Ferguson, he was a steal" just before he sliced a pass twenty yards away from the intended recipient. Was it 850 grand we paid for him? :eek: Those were the days!

Complete nonsense in my opinion. Barry Ferguson was and still is a great football player.

Really gets to me how Barry seems to get slated time and time again, just for the sake of it. A lot of people just jump on the slag barry band wagon.

Far too many peope are quick to jump on any small errors made, highlighting them ten fold.... Yet he is rarely praised for the great things he does.

Vogts, McLeish, Smith and Burley have all made him Scotland captain for a reason. Souness made his captain of Blackburn. Everyone forgets a fractured kneecap hampered his time in England.

He is as cool as u like on the ball and you very rarely see a miss placed pass. He makes it look so easy it can often go unoticed. Barry can control and dictate the tempo of a game. I would have him at Hearts in a heartbeat. Stewart couldn't lace his boots. He is the best centre mid in Scotland bar none IMO.

Complete nonsense in my opinion. Barry Ferguson was and still is a great football player.

Really gets to me how Barry seems to get slated time and time again, just for the sake of it. A lot of people just jump on the slag barry band wagon.

Far too many peope are quick to jump on any small errors made, highlighting them ten fold.... Yet he is rarely praised for the great things he does.

Vogts, McLeish, Smith and Burley have all made him Scotland captain for a reason. Souness made his captain of Blackburn. Everyone forgets a fractured kneecap hampered his time in England.

He is as cool as u like on the ball and you very rarely see a miss placed pass. He makes it look so easy it can often go unoticed. Barry can control and dictate the tempo of a game. I would have him at Hearts in a heartbeat. Stewart couldn't lace his boots. He is the best centre mid in Scotland bar none IMO.

He's the onlyscottish player playing just now that can imo.

jack D and coke

I was delighted when Derek signed for us but he never produced on a regular basis and to say he did is falacy. Only really had decent games against the old firm and i struggle to remember him really stringing any form together.

I remember listening to him speaking about his time with us and him saying his dad hates Hearts fans because of the stick he got here. He could've been a superb player but his early promise at Rangers was never reproduced anywhere else imo.

Barry isn't the best player in the world but i rate him and he's a better player than he gets credit for.

Are you ****ing joking?

I'm saying he is rarely praised by those who jump on the Slag barry band wagon.....

Its always negative. He doesn't get enough credit from a lot of people.

And those who think he is over praised or claim he is dire just don't watch the same game I do....

Cracking, very gifted player. To me, it's blindingly obvious. I dont understand those who can't see it.

Maybe occasionally! He was known as the crab because he always passed sideways, another player would make a good move forward expecting Ferguson to give a him a return pass, more often than not, Ferguson would slow the game down by passing wide or back the way, giving our opponents time to get back in numbers to defend. Don't know how many times there was howls of "**** sake Ferguson try passing forward ya f***** usless b******". He was an okay player who never fullfilled any potential he had.

Worst Rangers player on the park today i reckon.

Little wonder he returned from the EPL with his tail between his legs!

alwaysthereinspirit

Said it before and will say it again for the hard of hearing.

Most overated Scottish footballer since Paul McStay.

Absolute guff.

Malcolm Tucker

Barry Ferguson is very over-rated, yes.

However, I still like to see him in a Scotland top. A very good player, IMO.

Ferguson's definitely overhyped, as many players in OF sides inevitably are, but he is a quality player, one of the few in the country. He has his limitations, as all players do, but to be fair, the game can't always be played going forward at ninety miles an hour, and Ferguson is useful at keeping possession.

The injury free Barry Ferguson at his peak, both before and after Blackburn, was the best player in the SPL by a country mile.

He's not injury free now, in fact he's been playing against medical advice this season and will probably end up a cripple because of it.

He should stop playing asap because he certainly cant cut it at the level he's playing at anymore. Everyone who has ever observed him as a player must accept this.

However, he was never as committed to Scotland as he was to Rangers and the fact that he HAS to go through this painful demise, because despite his limitations he is still important to Rangers, is strangely but perversely pleasing.

Barry F is not bad.

He's just not that good either.

He was put on a pedestal by his club and the Daily Record. A poster boy for the commercial dept at Ipox to sell strips and tickets. Sadly that's created a myth that he is the greatest player of the last decade.

9/10 games you don't see him cause he is busy marking/breaking up play. When you do see him, he's usually living up to his Barry Backpass nickname. Then there's the 1 out of 10 when he plays a blinder. What's annoying is it's rare that he performs for Scotland.

as noted - not as bad as some think, not as good as the media make out.

Tynecastle Valhalla

He is much worse than he used to be. On his day a very good passer of the ball and links the play well with strikers. However I have always been disapointed with his lack of passion for the national team. We always seem to do better without him anyway.

his career is potentially over. rangers are paying him a fortune as well...haha

Jesus H Christ...You must be really pess'd off at people (Rightly) Slagging your Overrated son Mrs F...That's some blurb you've just posted there!! :rolleyes:

Bazza the Crab FergusHUN is THE most overrated Player EVER in the History of Scottish Football...He makes Aiden McGayday look world class!! :tongue:

How I Laughed when I heard of his injury at Blackburn!!

I don't give a **** about how bad that makes some feel...There's a lot on here (Me included) who wish the worst on Webster, I hope Bazza gets a doin first!!

Barry Ferguson was decent before he was found out in the EPL against the likes of Vieira and Scholes and others.

He came back to Rangers, captaincy was taken off Ricksen and hes been s*** ever since.

Barry the crab is one of the most overated players in the SPL ever.

Ferguson is probably past his best - but he is still easily the best Scottish central midfielder about by a country mile.

Considering Scott Brown is a better player than him.

If hes that good how has he not won a league in the past 4 years then?

Hes overated vastly.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hes overated vastly.

IF FABREGAS IS THAT GOOD HOW HAS HE NOT WON A LEAGUE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS THEN?

IF FABREGAS IS THAT GOOD HOW HAS HE NOT WON A LEAGUE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS THEN?

Im not talking about Fabregas whats with the caps got something wrong with your computer but Fabregas was part of the Spain 2008 winnning side in Euro 2008, so hes won soemthing major in the last 4 years compared to Barry.

Im talking about Ferguson who is one of if the not the most overated player in SPL history.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Im not talking about Fabregas whats with the caps got something wrong with your computer.

Im talking about Ferguson who is one of if the not the most overated player in SPL history.

BUT YOUR ARGUMENT COULD BE APPLIED TO FABREGAS AS WELL. MAYBE THAT SHOW IT'S A BIT RUBBISH?

Hes overated vastly.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH!!!!!

what has scott brown done or acheived to indicate he's better than Ferguson?

Archived