Ian Harte

Swimmer

SSN just announced that St Mirren have offered Ian Harte a contract offer!:108years:

Do you think he would be able to make the step-up to the SPL :tongue:

Captain Canada

We should get him in - even if it's just back up for Wallace. There are no other natural left backs in the first team squad and I'm sure he could pass on a lot of experience to Lee.

SSN just announced that St Mirren have offered Ian Harte a contract offer!:108years:

:eek:

We_are_the_Hearts

Always lacked pace, even when he was at the peak of his career. We must play Driver on the right when we play them....................;)

Could be a cracking signing if he plays remotely as well as he did whilst at Leeds.

Aye that form from 6 years ago:mw_rolleyes:

I love these threads....

[insert name of diddy/has-been/cripple/never-was/overpaid tosspot here] is available. Do you think he could do a job for Hearts?

STV ran this story on their 6pm news. Unfortunately the player they showed in their initial photo headline was Harry Kewell with a St Mirren badge in the background. Obviously I almost choked on my dinner at the site of this.

When they got round to the story in full it turned out they were talking about Harte and they showed a video of him. Just another sign of poor journo work in this country!

tartofmidlothian

It's all true:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/St-Mirren-hail-Harte-signing.4953969.jp

But don't look at the back of today's Record if you're easily angered. He's there in his Ireland strip, the headline is "My Harte's Set On Celtic". Then three pages of conniving guff about how he almost signed for WGS and how he wants to do a Willo Flood and play his way into a move to Darkheid by the summer. St Mirren hardly mentioned. I'm no fan of theirs, but it's disgustingly one-sided.

I love these threads....

[insert name of diddy/has-been/cripple/never-was/overpaid tosspot here] is available. Do you think he could do a job for Hearts?

Agreed the amount of absolute guff that has been linked to Hearts from people on this site makes me cringe, Harte was once a half decent left back who could hit a good free kick who played in a very good Leeds side and now there's folk on here no happy cos we didn't try to get him, same goes for Michael Misfud (need to get his thread of top of deadline madness page annoys me more than the Bamba one) and last but not least Franny Jeffers who was a joke at rankgers 2/3 years ago and now folk think he'll be a revelation at Hearts now he's older and slower.

It just seems to me that some would rather we signed someone/anyone no matter how rank they are just so we have a new signing but they will be the same ones a few weeks later slating them and calling them wage thieves :rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
It's all true:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/St-Mirren-hail-Harte-signing.4953969.jp

But don't look at the back of today's Record if you're easily angered. He's there in his Ireland strip, the headline is "My Harte's Set On Celtic". Then three pages of conniving guff about how he almost signed for WGS and how he wants to do a Willo Flood and play his way into a move to Darkheid by the summer. St Mirren hardly mentioned. I'm no fan of theirs, but it's disgustingly one-sided.

St Mirren should have f****d him off there and then. Only in Scotland could a player say "I'm joining this club in the hope of joining another" and not get his head kicked in.

Although whether Harte actually meant it in the way it's been published is obviously open to debate.

Please, make it stop. When he was at the peak of his career while at Leeds, he was too slow and couldn't defend (I was a semi-regular at the time). He was magnificent from free-kicks and liked to show off that he never practiced them (imagine how good he could have been!). He was poor several years ago, and he will not have got any better. As an American football type special teams player he would be fine, but not as someone who plays the whole game.

:108years:

Captain Canada

He's an experienced player who could help Wallace along for a bit - I would rather have someone like him signing on a short term deal than another useless Kaunas loanee who's never going to make the grade.

Maybe anyone would be better than what we've got - we don't seem to be promoting any youth players into the first team, our goal scoring record is woeful and we've let in 4 goals in 2 games to ICT and Hamilton.

Don't see why someone like Harte couldn't do a job up here, the standard of football in the SPL is awful. He's still only 31, not like we're talking about Craig Brewster here.

Exellant!!! I effin despise St Bribery...

SSN have automaticly went to darkhied to ask the wee dwarf if Harte would be going to them, this in MY eyes is proof that the Midden and the smellies are STILL have that SPECIAL relationship since THAT fatefull day

Hate is a very strong word but in the case of these two clubs it has no bounds and I would love it if ever they went down the tubes... effin parasites

:cussing: sorry guys I just had to get that off my chest and I feel better for it :cheese:

It's stupid if we pass this oppurtunity up. We should get him in quick snap!!

Doubt it will happen though

We already had a ready-made fullback training with us, desperate to get a move BACK to Hearts in Alan Maybury, he was free, wants to be at Hearts but our directors and coaches don't do anything about it. You've got to ask..who'd be the better signing..Maybury or Ian Harte? Maybury has played with us before, he knows what we're about, an international and only 29. Harte...knows nothing about Hearts, 31/32, last club, Blackpool!, from where he's freed and would expect far more money, I know who i'd rather sign. Incidentaly, what's happened to Maybury, anyone any idea??

We already had a ready-made fullback training with us, desperate to get a move BACK to Hearts in Alan Maybury, he was free, wants to be at Hearts but our directors and coaches don't do anything about it. You've got to ask..who'd be the better signing..Maybury or Ian Harte? Maybury has played with us before, he knows what we're about, an international and only 29. Harte...knows nothing about Hearts, 31/32, last club, Blackpool!, from where he's freed and would expect far more money, I know who i'd rather sign. Incidentaly, what's happened to Maybury, anyone any idea??

It appears that St Mirren could've maybe afforded him, so you might be surprised - he might play for pennies :)

It appears that St Mirren could've maybe afforded him, so you might be surprised - he might play for pennies :)

Hmmm...possible i suppose, more likely though is that he found out how much he was going to be paid then decided to tell them where to go. He'll be used to thousands, St Midden probably offered him ?20 a week plus a house, paid for by the club, in....Paisley!!

Maybury signed for Colchester IIRC.

Im sure as soon as Harte saw the lovley new town he would be residing in he would have remembered he had er 'left the iron on' back home

Archived