English media still getting itself off over Beckham

Dr. Bapswent

Christ, every news bulletin, every oppertunity and now a special report on his 'possible' Italian future!

Is that really news.....hardly.

Still get it forced down your neck by the English media.

AARGH

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So the English media are reporting a possible transfer regarding their ex captain and most famous player?

Never.

Mac_fae_Gillie

I've noticed we get Milan match reports on ceefax if he plays which is very sad..

but the transfer news is big news as it puts him correct fitness levels throughout the year for Internationals.

:108years:

What about BBC Scotland, that was cringeworthy.

Scotland Today was actually worse, for once. Debbie Edward screaming, "David, what d'you think of Glasgow"? and then saying that he had spoken to STV first when all he said was "Nice" as he walked past. He was probably talkin about Debs TBH. It was like Beatlemania.:mad:

Jack Torrance

Listen. If it stops them talking about a wee bit snow and grit rations then i'm all for it.

Muppets. Get back to work.

Geoff Kilpatrick

With all the Beckham hype, people are forgetting one thing. FIFA will be desperate to have him in South Africa in 2010, even if he doesn't make the starting line-up. Imagine the PR possibilities of Beckham visiting Soweto etc. etc.

With this in mind, Beckham knows that anything that keeps him in the England squad can pay off big style later.

Christ, every news bulletin, every oppertunity and now a special report on his 'possible' Italian future!

Is that really news.....hardly.

Still get it forced down your neck by the English media.

AARGH

Why is it not news? I don't understand your point.

Scotland Today was actually worse, for once. Debbie Edward screaming, "David, what d'you think of Glasgow"? and then saying that he had spoken to STV first when all he said was "Nice" as he walked past. He was probably talkin about Debs TBH. It was like Beatlemania.:mad:

that was so embarassing, i wish he had said "looks like an airport to me" stupid c0w

It reminds me of Jim Delahunt stalking Henrik Larsson all the way to the training ground in Barcelona. The feature on Scotsport SPL was priceless - particularly the bit when he emerged from behind a tree to surprise Henrik and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst.

It reminds me of Jim Delahunt stalking Henrik Larsson all the way to the training ground in Barcelona. The feature on Scotsport SPL was priceless - particularly the bit when he emerged from behind a tree to surprise Henrik and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst.

Or Jim White to Laudrup....................."So Brian, why are you so good?":mw_rolleyes:

It's the classic hibee mentality that the English are showing. Namely 'we're not going to win anything, but at least we've got the most famous player in the world', along the lines of 'we're not going to win anything, but we were the first to install floodlights/play on grass/use a feckin' purple ball' etc.

Besides, I would argue that Ronaldinho, Kaka and possibly both Ronaldos are more world-famous!

It's the classic hibee mentality that the English are showing. Namely 'we're not going to win anything, but at least we've got the most famous player in the world', along the lines of 'we're not going to win anything, but we were the first to install floodlights/play on grass/use a feckin' purple ball' etc.

Besides, I would argue that Ronaldinho, Kaka and possibly both Ronaldos are more world-famous!

I would agree with this about the english

As for Beckham fair play to the guy he has has a great career for an average player.

Players should be taking note on the correct attitude for a football player.

Guest S.U.S.S.
So the English media are reporting a possible transfer regarding their ex captain and most famous player?

Never.

HAve to agree Alan, one of the most famous players in the world, playing in Scotland, and perhaps moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world, harldy news that.

It has always astounded me that England have had had better players than this chap (in my lifetime: Hoddle, Keegan, Waddle, Beardsley, Gascoigne, Linekar to name but a few) yet he is worshipped as 'their greatest ever'!!? A classic case of image over substance.

I would agree with this about the english

As for Beckham fair play to the guy he has has a great career for an average player.

Players should be taking note on the correct attitude for a football player.

I'll give you that. He's been a consummate professional throughout his career.

His wife, however, is just an erse!

Archived