the seven sending offs

Heartbeat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7867058.stm

Struggling to remember them all. Walace v Rancers for two bookings, Stewart v St Midden for an off the ball incident nobody saw, Zal cheated against Miller (scotland class my arse) v sheep. Mind has gone a blank after that but still think most were harsh.

Given that our booking count is not much more than everyone else. Think most teams are in the 30s. The exception to that is Killie who have about twenty bookings more than us and IIRC kicked us off the park at Tynie and still didnt get as many bookings as they should have.

I think given that at least some of the sending offs are dubious and that we dont have a partciuarly high card count (yellows) then maybe it is better.

Once again though the headline could have read "Killie have unacceptable yellow card tally" or similar but every article i have read choses to slaughter us and have a wee mention of Killie further into the article. I suppose our past history is the reason but even at that looking back over the last few years I have seen some shocking sending offs against us which we have been fined for. Stewart v Gretna where Grainger held his face and the pictures clearly showed MS never even got near him for example.

Could someone recall all the sending offs against us this season please

zali's outside the box penalty against celtic

wallace in the tunnel v aberdeen

jonsson against dundee united

miko's 2nd yellow for being fouled on the half way line

against us:

st mirren left back at tynecastle for 2 quick fouls

fletcher

miko was cheated by stuart dougal at ibrox when he got booked for being fouled by sasa papac, however his second yellow was merited. there's a good chance that he was raging about the first booking and that contributed to his second one just a few minutes later. that was the same match in which kirk clubfoot decided it was the right time and place for rangers to get a free kick in a dangerous position and indicated as such to dougal by toppling over under no challenge.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
miko was cheated by stuart dougal at ibrox when he got booked for being fouled by sasa papac, however his second yellow was merited. there's a good chance that he was raging about the first booking and that contributed to his second one just a few minutes later. that was the same match in which kirk clubfoot decided it was the right time and place for rangers to get a free kick in a dangerous position and indicated as such to dougal by toppling over under no challenge.

You have a very unhealthy obsession(Hobo-esq even) with oor Miko..

Is there something you would like to share with us all ??

Zals v Aberdeen was a joke.

Miko's against the huns wasn't merited - didnt dive then commited a foul that many players had been gone unpunished for. He should have been smarter, but fact remains, Miller commited same foul 2 mins later and wasnt cautioned.

Stewarts when the 4th official got involved sound like it was merited but under unprecedented circumstance

Zals v Celtic, outside the box doesnt matter, but the move was offside and thats why the tim player was infront of him in the 1st place

Wallaces in the tunnel v Aberdeen. Stupid, but i can sympathise seeing how we were cheated and what do you do when the ref tells Nade to Eff off during the game - double standards

There's 5 of the 7 which I'm not saying werent all merited. but all have some points of contention. Eggo's and Lee's other ones were for 2 bookings and fair enough

Both of Zal's red cards were wrongly awarded. The one against Aberdeen has been discussed at length and, fortunately, seems to have persuaded the SFA that the appeals system now has to be reviewed.

However, the one against Celtic should only have been a yellow. Apart from the fact that McDonald was probably offside anyway, Zal did not prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity. IIRC, when the foul occurred, the ball was already closer to the keeper than it was to McDonald and the chances of him scoring a goal were remote.

The tunnel red card was as a direct result of a quite disgraceful refereeing performance from Brines. While that is not an excuse, it would not have happened if the match had been refereed competently.

Wallace committed 2 fouls - one which could be described as a soft yellow card card offence and the other barely a foul. By the same standards, Celtic should have finished the game with 8 players.

Miko almost certainly committed the second offence against Rangers because he was raging about the first booking which should have been a freekick to Hearts, not a foul against us and a booking.

With competent referees and a fair appeals system, I have little doubt that none of these 4 red cards would have been dished out.

But this is Scotland.

You have a very unhealthy obsession(Hobo-esq even) with oor Miko..

Is there something you would like to share with us all ??

just commenting on a hearts player mate. miko still is a hearts player, is he not?

I think that Zaliukas' at Aberdeen should have been rescinded.

The goings on in the Aberdeen dressing room are not available to the fans - so cannot say that Brines was wrong to give Wallace a red card. I did not see the Stewart incident (was following the ball) but there was no attempt to get it rescinded.

All of the others

Zaliukas Celtic, Jonsson, Wallace, Miko were not travesties of justice (though I thought Miko's first booking was harsh).

Suggest that 6 of the 7 are uncontroversial then on the evidence available. Time for us to improve our discipline.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
just commenting on a hearts player mate. miko still is a hearts player, is he not?

Of course miko is still our player and i hope he continues to play for us for a few seasons more.

I was pointing out the FACT that you seem to be more concerned about Miko's offing than any off the other sendings off which IMO where a lot more debatable.

It has been noted in the past that you like to STICK UP for the young fella.:)

Have you got his autogragh,signed shirt & all that stuff ??:D

Of course miko is still our player and i hope he continues to play for us for a few seasons more.

I was pointing out the FACT that you seem to be more concerned about Miko's offing than any off the other sendings off which IMO where a lot more debatable.

It has been noted in the past that you like to STICK UP for the young fella.:)

Have you got his autogragh,signed shirt & all that stuff ??:D

i hope he now leaves to be honest. he's a liability now but not through his own doing, through the corrupt and spiteful nature of this insignificant little backwater of a football country.

soon as your knee is better miko.... get yourself off to a footballing country that will let you ply your trade. you'll never be allowed to here.

zali's outside the box penalty against celtic

wallace in the tunnel v aberdeen

jonsson against dundee united

miko's 2nd yellow for being fouled on the half way line

against us:

st mirren left back at tynecastle for 2 quick fouls

fletcher

That boy is called Tonet. We had McBain sent off agaainst us as well.

Both of Zal's red cards were wrongly awarded. The one against Aberdeen has been discussed at length and, fortunately, seems to have persuaded the SFA that the appeals system now has to be reviewed.

However, the one against Celtic should only have been a yellow. Apart from the fact that McDonald was probably offside anyway, Zal did not prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity. IIRC, when the foul occurred, the ball was already closer to the keeper than it was to McDonald and the chances of him scoring a goal were remote.

The tunnel red card was as a direct result of a quite disgraceful refereeing performance from Brines. While that is not an excuse, it would not have happened if the match had been refereed competently.

Wallace committed 2 fouls - one which could be described as a soft yellow card card offence and the other barely a foul. By the same standards, Celtic should have finished the game with 8 players.

Miko almost certainly committed the second offence against Rangers because he was raging about the first booking which should have been a freekick to Hearts, not a foul against us and a booking.

With competent referees and a fair appeals system, I have little doubt that none of these 4 red cards would have been dished out.

But this is Scotland.

The fact is we are getting fined for many cards that have not been justified and despite admitting the review process needs changed, it has still not influenced the decision to fine us. With Wallace agaisnt Rangers, Boyd had six or seven fines before being booked and had six or seven more afterwards - Wallace had two fouls, bokked both times - the list is extensive.

Campbell Ogilvie at the Shareholder's Association said at the AGM we can not hust balme refs - he is right - but there are still a lot of shocking and unfair decisions, and it is wrong we get fined for the incompetence, or in Brines' case, the arrogance of some referees.

Wallace got his marching orders at Tynie v Rangers as well, didnt see it mentioned.

That's where several lads on here are wrong IMO

They say we need to clean up our act, rid ourselves of the daft stuff .........and it will stop

Well in the above case there was no petulance shown or a hot-headed approach taken, yet we still copped it tight from the ref

Now Lee's not a hard man and TTBOMK he got his 1st yellow for a fairly innocuous wee barge in the back of the Rangers winger ( 1st foul probably as well ) .............he followed that up with a sliding tackle ( perhaps scything in media speak ) which a Rangers man might have got away with had he been sitting on a yellow himself ( unlikely scenario in itself I agree :mw_rolleyes: ) but he didn't. That barely qualified a sending off in the 'letter of the law' IMO but hey-ho ....this is the HMFC :mad:

There was also a game where Miko drifted over to the right wing and put in a tackle .........which, incredibly enough, got him a booking for persistent fouling, the ref indicating that he had already spoken to him - when in fact I think it was Eggy that had actually received the 'last warning'

Makes me mad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7867058.stm

Stewart v St Midden for an off the ball incident nobody saw,

Has anyone apart from Gus McPherson and the 4th official ever actually seen this? I mean, surely it should have been released for public viewing, no? (Maybe it has and i've missed it amongst all the transfer excitement...)

That's where several lads on here are wrong IMO

They say we need to clean up our act, rid ourselves of the daft stuff .........and it will stop

Well in the above case there was no petulance shown or a hot-headed approach taken, yet we still copped it tight from the ref

Now Lee's not a hard man and TTBOMK he got his 1st yellow for a fairly innocuous wee barge in the back of the Rangers winger ( 1st foul probably as well ) .............he followed that up with a sliding tackle ( perhaps scything in media speak ) which a Rangers man might have got away with had he been sitting on a yellow himself ( unlikely scenario in itself I agree :mw_rolleyes: ) but he didn't. That barely qualified a sending off in the 'letter of the law' IMO but hey-ho ....this is the HMFC :mad:

There was also a game where Miko drifted over to the right wing and put in a tackle .........which, incredibly enough, got him a booking for persistent fouling, the ref indicating that he had already spoken to him - when in fact I think it was Eggy that had actually received the 'last warning'

Makes me mad

I thought Lee's sending off at Tynie was the most blatant out of all 7, to be honest.

Forgotten about the Miko booking for persistent fouling....it was the final admission of the SFA's inbred racism towards our Lithuanian players.

I thought Lee's sending off at Tynie was the most blatant out of all 7, to be honest.

Forgotten about the Miko booking for persistent fouling....it was the final admission of the SFA's inbred racism towards our Lithuanian players.

Well I suppose you could argue about them. The second tackle was a bit desperate, but by no means in the 'simply daft, as he's already on a card' bracket. The first ?..........well once again, with what was going on all around, I thought a strong word would maybe suffice. However we dont get a strike 1 ( stern warning ) ......it's strike 2 card, then strike 3 OFF

Just one more rant...........delving back into the recent past

If my memory serves me well, the card score at ER, when Jankauskas got sent off, was 0-7 :eek::mw_rolleyes:

Now would you, whether you are as honest as the day is long or not, actually have the brass neck to present those stats to a jury ?

Personally I'd have booked a random Hibs player for **** all just to make it look 'plausible

However the ref didn't see a card score of that nature as requiring any explanation at all ?...........so did I miss the outbreak of WW3 or what :mad:

That to me is one of the reasons we are paying ?10k over the odds

Brick Tamland

I am sure, after looking at crime counts in the various sunday papers, we must have the highest red and yellow cards ratio to fouls in the league. That is we seem to commit fewer fouls yet get more cards... paranoid? us? never...

I know that there are those among us who say that it is mostly our own fault and that once we have sorted out our discipline in house, so to speak, our card count will be reduced. How will we know? What criteria can we apply to enable us to make a judgement about our efforts to improve our discipline? Or can we take it that as long as we are receiving so many cards then our discipline has not improved? Are the representatives of the SFA going to be the only arbiters in this conundrum?

And for those who point out that we did not appeal this card or that card: is there really any point when the organization which gave the card in the first place is that to which the appeal will be made? An organization which has recently admitted that its system is flawed.

This is in fact football fascism!

I know that there are those among us who say that it is mostly our own fault and that once we have sorted out our discipline in house, so to speak, our card count will be reduced. How will we know? What criteria can we apply to enable us to make a judgement about our efforts to improve our discipline? Or can we take it that as long as we are receiving so many cards then our discipline has not improved? Are the representatives of the SFA going to be the only arbiters in this conundrum?

And for those who point out that we did not appeal this card or that card: is there really any point when the organization which gave the card in the first place is that to which the appeal will be made? An organization which has recently admitted that its system is flawed.

This is in fact football fascism!

Never question any referee decisions. Never shout at the referee. Always accept their decisions and get on with the game. Never run off the pitch or take off shirt/wear earrings etc.

And heavily fine players/managers who do any of those things.

The club can tell the SFA/SPL that we are going to clean up our act and never do the things mentioned above. Unless there is evidence the club should never suggest that the SFA/SPL is run by a mafia.

I am sure that the card count would drop quite quickly.

Never question any referee decisions. Never shout at the referee. Always accept their decisions and get on with the game. Never run off the pitch or take off shirt/wear earrings etc.

And heavily fine players/managers who do any of those things.

The club can tell the SFA/SPL that we are going to clean up our act and never do the things mentioned above. Unless there is evidence the club should never suggest that the SFA/SPL is run by a mafia.

I am sure that the card count would drop quite quickly.

From the things you mention as a way of reducing our card count, apart from Wallace at Aberdeen I don't think we have been guilty of any of those 'crimes' this season.

The irony being Wallace got a red card for being honest.

Sorry Coco, that won't do. The players of most teams in the SPL are guilty every week of the offences you mention . The OF players are especially guilty of leaving the field after scoring a goal, but seldom receive a card. What you are demanding here is that Hearts players behave differently from players of other teams to avoid being given a card and if that is so we must conclude that our players are being treated differently by officials at the moment. That is not a criteria that I find acceptable. It is hardly believable that the same club year on year produces undisciplined players. And it is scarcely believable that this anomaly is accepted as a given fact. If the SFA were concerned about the situation it ought to be doing rather more than increasing the fine. Apart from spite, what really is the point of the fine? It cannot be to discourage others from similar behaviour since few other clubs seem to be in danger of being fined. It is spiteful and unbecoming of the organisation which is supposed to run our game.

The problem is not at Hearts FC. It is in Glasgow and the appalling attitudes of the faceless lickspittle committees which hand down their anonymous judgements which nobody is allowed to criticise. I repeat the accusation that the SFA is an example of sports fascism.

Sorry Coco, that won't do. The players of most teams in the SPL are guilty every week of the offences you mention . The OF players are especially guilty of leaving the field after scoring a goal, but seldom receive a card. What you are demanding here is that Hearts players behave differently from players of other teams to avoid being given a card and if that is so we must conclude that our players are being treated differently by officials at the moment. That is not a criteria that I find acceptable. It is hardly believable that the same club year on year produces undisciplined players. And it is scarcely believable that this anomaly is accepted as a given fact. If the SFA were concerned about the situation it ought to be doing rather more than increasing the fine. Apart from spite, what really is the point of the fine? It cannot be to discourage others from similar behaviour since few other clubs seem to be in danger of being fined. It is spiteful and unbecoming of the organisation which is supposed to run our game.

The problem is not at Hearts FC. It is in Glasgow and the appalling attitudes of the faceless lickspittle committees which hand down their anonymous judgements which nobody is allowed to criticise. I repeat the accusation that the SFA is an example of sports fascism.

I think we should tell everyone we will be whiter than white. Anyone that dives is fined by the club. Anyone who dissents is fined by the club. SFA would soon get the message.

I think we have made our bed at the moment, and are lying in it.

Charlie-Brown

Both Zaliukas red cards were as a result of a combination of errors by match officials and the failure to rescind the Pittodrie one was nothing short of disgraceful, at least 2 of Mikoliunas bookings for simulation were simply wrong and the result of petty & vindictive match officials and not any wrong-doing on Miko's part.

Never question any referee decisions. Never shout at the referee. Always accept their decisions and get on with the game.

The recent game with Hamilton was an example of incredible discipline in accepting virtually without complaint a series of crucial decisions which were either breath-takingly incompetent or else biased.

The recent game with Hamilton was an example of incredible discipline in accepting virtually without complaint a series of crucial decisions which were either breath-takingly incompetent or else biased.

That is a good thing, discipline has improved in my view this year. Hopefully this will continue.

Archived