Csaba expects to lose 3 in the summer...(merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

2 of them going wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to Hearts. I wish we could hold onto Driver for 1 more full season.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Could live with that.

Deffo need to blood some youth before the end lf the season though.

Drylaw Hearts

We could actually lose as many as 10 :

Kello

Neilson

Zaliukas

Karapidis

Miko

Chesney

Bruno

All of whom are out of contract.

If we could also get rid of Thomson, Nade, Stewart, Elliot and Mole, Csaba has an almost blank canvas to work with.

We won't even recognise the Hearts team next season.

Charlie-Brown

Kello

Neilson

Zaliukas

Karapidis

Miko

Chesney

Bruno

If we could also get rid of Thomson, Nade, Stewart, Elliot and Mole, Csaba has an almost blank canvas to work with.

Csaba likes Jason Thomson & we need squad players and I'm sure you'd rather we had lower cost Hearts minded kids on the bench than expensive players who hardly play

Drylaw Hearts
Csaba likes Jason Thomson & we need squad players and I'm sure you'd rather we had lower cost Hearts minded kids on the bench than expensive players who hardly play

He can't like Thomson that much CB - he's 3rd choice RB after RN and EJ.

I don't think JT will make the grade as a Hearts player.

A new RB is required.

Charlie-Brown
He can't like Thomson that much CB - he's 3rd choice RB after RN and EJ.

I don't think JT will make the grade as a Hearts player.

A new RB is required.

In the papers last week JT said he'd asked Csaba about going on loan to get games but the manager told him to stick around as his chance will come & he'll get games - Neilson might not be here next season and Johnny Brown & Craig Thomson are only 18 & 17 whilst if Eggert keeps improving there's no guarantee some English club won't come in with a big bid.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Thomson just isn't very good. Doesn't matter what team he supports.

I would like us to start over next season. Get all our dealings done early on so we have a full pre season with the new squad.

I wouldn't be against us having a small squad of 16 first team players and then using youth when required.

Drylaw Hearts
In the papers last week JT said he'd asked Csaba about going on loan to get games but the manager told him to stick around as his chance will come & he'll get games - Neilson might not be here next season and Johnny Brown & Craig Thomson are only 18 & 17 whilst if Eggert keeps improving there's no guarantee some English club won't come in with a big bid.

That worries me.

JT is not good enough imo.

Charlie-Brown
That worries me.

He's been good enough to fill in for missing players & sit on the bench this season - Hearts can't afford to have big squads of high earning players anymore and have Ibrahim Tall or Fabian Le Clerq etc sitting on the bench taking a big wage - it will be our own boys in future & if not Thomson then others like him.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1539296,00.html

Kello

Neilson

Zaliukas

Karapidis

Miko

Chesney

Bruno

where do you think we will get the players from to take over these positions if all them leave and a few others are sold.

That worries me.

do you not think he may improve over a season or two, from the limited games i have seen he has done ok, but at least a squad member for the short term.

What Csaba is actually quoted in the article as saying is:

I think in the summer players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move.

How the FARK is that him definitely saying those three players are going? Loady paper chat nonsense, as usual.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How the FARK is that him definitely saying those three players are going? Loady paper chat nonsense, as usual.

From the Scotsman? Surely you jest. :rolleyes:

Hearts boss Laszlo expects Driver, Kingston and Obua to quit Tynecastle

By Mark Wilson Last updated at 2:15 AM on 04th February 2009

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo last night admitted he expects Andrew Driver, Laryea Kingston and David Obua to follow Christophe Berra's lead by quitting Tynecastle at the end of the season.

Following Berra's ?2.3million switch to Wolves, Laszlo confessed he doesn't expect a number of other leading players to stay at the Gorgie club beyond the summer.

There also remains the possibilities of a more immediate sale to a Russian club, with their transfer window not closing until next month.

Driver was the subject of enquiries from Coventry City during January but a move to the Championship didn't materialise for the winger.

Laszlo, though, will attempt to undertake an overhaul of his squad in the close season, when he believes key men could earn big-money transfers out of Hearts through their performances.

'In the summer, we would like to build a new team because contracts will run out and players will leave us,' said Laszlo

'We must look at who goes. In the summer, I think players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move.

'We must look at who moves from the club and who stays, so the rest of this season is very important for us.

'If the progress is the same as the last six months, and we are in the top six and maybe go far in the Scottish Cup, we can decide much easier about which players we hold and which direction we go in.

'We want a good mixture of young and experienced players at Hearts.'

Laszlo had hoped club owner Vladimir Romanov would shell out the cash to land a replacement for Scotland cap Berra, but his leading target, Pavol Farkas, remained with Slovakian club Artmedia Bratislava when the transfer window closed on Monday.

Hearts were also unable to sign the striker long sought by Laszlo, although the club may now seek to capture Germanborn Turkish international Ersen Martin on a Bosman deal from Spanish team Recreativo Huelva.

A permanent deal to capture Hungarian goalkeeper Janos Balogh from Debrecen was the only concluded piece of incoming business and Laszlo blamed excessive financial demands for the collapse of other possible deals.

'We tried a lot of things, Mr Romanov, Anatoly Korobochka (Hearts sport director) and myself - nobody should think we were not active,' added Laszlo.

'The biggest problem is simple. Like many clubs in the United Kingdom, Heart of Midlothian cannot pay high transfer fees.

'We have our line, which we do not like to cross. 'We had discussions with some players and they had the possibility to come to play for us in the Scottish Premier League.

'But if somebody looks for money and not for development, he does not have anything to bring to my team. 'I believe it is better to work with young and hungry players.'

Players move on, that is modern football.

I do not mind Hearts selling ANY player they wish, my concerns are that we get a decent fee for him and that we make efforts to replace them.

If Driver, Obua, Kingston, Jonsson or indeed any player leave, I hope it is on the club's terms and I hope that we have contingency plans.

Hearts boss Laszlo expects Driver, Kingston and Obua to quit Tynecastle

By Mark Wilson Last updated at 2:15 AM on 04th February 2009

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo last night admitted he expects Andrew Driver, Laryea Kingston and David Obua to follow Christophe Berra's lead by quitting Tynecastle at the end of the season.

Following Berra's ?2.3million switch to Wolves, Laszlo confessed he doesn't expect a number of other leading players to stay at the Gorgie club beyond the summer.

There also remains the possibilities of a more immediate sale to a Russian club, with their transfer window not closing until next month.

Driver was the subject of enquiries from Coventry City during January but a move to the Championship didn't materialise for the winger.

Laszlo, though, will attempt to undertake an overhaul of his squad in the close season, when he believes key men could earn big-money transfers out of Hearts through their performances.

'In the summer, we would like to build a new team because contracts will run out and players will leave us,' said Laszlo

'We must look at who goes. In the summer, I think players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move.

'We must look at who moves from the club and who stays, so the rest of this season is very important for us.

'If the progress is the same as the last six months, and we are in the top six and maybe go far in the Scottish Cup, we can decide much easier about which players we hold and which direction we go in.

'We want a good mixture of young and experienced players at Hearts.'

Laszlo had hoped club owner Vladimir Romanov would shell out the cash to land a replacement for Scotland cap Berra, but his leading target, Pavol Farkas, remained with Slovakian club Artmedia Bratislava when the transfer window closed on Monday.

Hearts were also unable to sign the striker long sought by Laszlo, although the club may now seek to capture Germanborn Turkish international Ersen Martin on a Bosman deal from Spanish team Recreativo Huelva.

A permanent deal to capture Hungarian goalkeeper Janos Balogh from Debrecen was the only concluded piece of incoming business and Laszlo blamed excessive financial demands for the collapse of other possible deals.

'We tried a lot of things, Mr Romanov, Anatoly Korobochka (Hearts sport director) and myself - nobody should think we were not active,' added Laszlo.

'The biggest problem is simple. Like many clubs in the United Kingdom, Heart of Midlothian cannot pay high transfer fees.

'We have our line, which we do not like to cross. 'We had discussions with some players and they had the possibility to come to play for us in the Scottish Premier League.

'But if somebody looks for money and not for development, he does not have anything to bring to my team. 'I believe it is better to work with young and hungry players.'

Jeez: the window has only just closed and we are starting to pimp our players already.

It don't mind if players move on. Driver, Karipidis and Bruno are the three I'd like to stay but I accept that they'll all be gone sooner or later.

What would be good is that if Csaba does re-build his squad, we get a new group of young players that can stay together for two or three years and achieve something; in the same way JJ spent a couple of years perfecting the 97/98 team.

The days of Robbo, MacKay and player testimonials seem a long way away now.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown

As long as there is a big financial gulf between the SPL and Premiership & Championship clubs then any good quality youngsters the club brings through will probably leave by age 23-24 if they are good enough as we saw with Craig Gordon & Christophe Berra and before that Webster & Ritchie although obviously their moves were much more contentious.

We get to enjoy those players in the years before then & hopefully they can add some medals & european memories to their time at Hearts.......it's only mediocre players like Neilson that are likely to be long servants in the current era.

Guest JamboRobbo
Players move on, that is modern football.

I do not mind Hearts selling ANY player they wish, my concerns are that we get a decent fee for him and that we make efforts to replace them.

If Driver, Obua, Kingston, Jonsson or indeed any player leave, I hope it is on the club's terms and I hope that we have contingency plans.

Agree. I realise we have to sell players to pay the bills.

But we should sell on our terms, and we should have plans in place to replace the player we're selling.

We failed on both counts this window. I hope we will be better prepared next window.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Ruben, Bruno, Kari, Nade and Kingston leaving would be best all round.

and how do you come to that conclusion?

and how do you come to that conclusion?

We can't afford them on the money Hearts make. They are on Premiership/Old Firm wages. If we can't get any money for them then they should be told they are free to find a new club.

We can't afford them on the money Hearts make. They are on Premiership/Old Firm wages. If we can't get any money for them then they should be told they are free to find a new club.

You can't just tell players who are on contracts to find other clubs. Kingston will go nowhere unless some club comes up with his 15k per week. Not going to happen.

Premiership wages?

Mac_fae_Gillie

Not exactly news or terrible news...

had expected to lose Driver in Jan transfer window anyway,

the loss of Kingston is a bonus for Hearts as it saves money and he just aint performed well enuff.

same could be said of Obua but willing to let him have a few more games yet.

I think in the summer players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move.

Correctamundo.

And the exact part that will no doubt be lost on those who just see what they want to see.

The quote came when Csaba was talking about Berra deserving a shot at the Premiership and is taken completely out of context.

Its just sensationalist bollocks that belongs in rags like the Sun/******. Not supposed :rolleyes: quality papers like the Scotsman.

Charlie-Brown

One problem that might arise with so many due to go out of contract is that at some point they will know if they are staying or going, will they keep going giving 100% after that?

Charlie-Brown

Iam surprised in these austere times there hasnt been more pre-contract signing activity both at Hearts & elsewhere.

Nelly Terraces

Give it a few years and there will be zero legends at Hearts to look back on, players just come and go will tedious regularity. Modern football is bollox.

'We must look at who goes. In the summer, I think players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move".

I assume this means Obua and Kingston will be sticking around for a while then......

'We must look at who goes. In the summer, I think players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move".

I assume this means Obua and Kingston will be sticking around for a while then......

I think it is very unlikely that anyone would pay money for Obua or Kingston.

I think it is very unlikely that anyone would pay money for Obua or Kingston.[/QUOTE]

We did:rolleyes:

Apologies.

I think it is very unlikely that anyone in their right mind would pay money for Obua or Kingston.

My crystal ball tells me next season the excuse will be 'what can you expect with a team full of new players, its going to take time to gel, we will get that striker in, blah blah blah'.

My crystal ball tells me next season the excuse will be 'what can you expect with a team full of new players, its going to take time to gel, we will get that striker in, blah blah blah'.

:mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes: So positive:mw_rolleyes::mw_rolleyes:

Yes it will likely be a transition year.

Balogh

Ridgers

Neilson (I think he'll get a new deal)

Brown

McGowan

Jonsson

Wallace

C. Thomson

Templeton

Ruben

Bruno

Karipidis

Husband

Glen

Reckon we might end up starting with a squad like that. Csaba will go all out to get Kari and Bruno signed up, as he wants to make Kari captain.

Balogh

Ridgers

Neilson (I think he'll get a new deal)

Brown

McGowan

Jonsson

Wallace

C. Thomson

Templeton

Ruben

Bruno

Karipidis

Husband

Glen

Reckon we might end up starting with a squad like that. Csaba will go all out to get Kari and Bruno signed up, as he wants to make Kari captain.

That has the makings of a lower bottom six side.

Charlie-Brown

Unless they get acceptable offers it's unlikely players under contract will choose to move as there will be a glut of out of contract players released as clubs look to downsize.

I didn't mean starting the season. We'd sign new players too.

Yep, knew you meant that.

Unless they were good players probably experienced players, I think that relegation fights would be likely. Anyone any confidence that we would sign the right players?

Black is a good start though.

Yep, knew you meant that.

Unless they were good players probably experienced players, I think that relegation fights would be likely. Anyone any confidence that we would sign the right players?

Black is a good start though.

Forgot about Blackie.

Kingston, driver, obua, stewart, palazeulos & nade are all still contracted for next season at least.

Driver, Obua and Kingston will be sold as per Csaba.

Michael Stewart will move to Inter/Juve/Roma/Milan/Guisely Town

Nade will be moved on, I'm sure.

Give it a few years and there will be zero legends at Hearts to look back on, players just come and go will tedious regularity. Modern football is bollox.

Exactly. Me and my mate have been talking about this for a while. He supports Cowdenbeath and recently attended a legends day. But in a decade these legend days will be very few if at all.

Too many players don't care. Others do care but they are not here long enough to be classed as legends.

Archived