Arshavin Deal

Rawrrrrrrr

Why exactly was this ratified?

The reports I have read suggest although the player, arsenal and Zenit agreed terms before the deadline paperwork was not completed due to contractual issues between Zenit and Arshavin relating to bonuses and a loyalty payment he got up front.

Surely the FA shouldnt have allowed arsenal extra time to iron out these sort of issues just because the fee and the player agreed before the deadline as these all formed part of the contract.

You also have the case of Stephen Kelly who will be ratified simply because he couldnt travel from Birmingham to Stoke on Monday due to the weather.

It sounds awfully like the English FA are on the ****take to suit their members, it was a bloody foot of snow in Kelly's case and a case of Arsenal and Arshavin arguing about a few million which delayed these deals.

Now this may not be spot on as there seems to be very little to explain why the FA ratified the deal.

Charlie-Brown

Ever since the EPL was established the FA have been in the back pocket of the big powerful clubs.....a bit like the OF & SFA here.

Ever since the EPL was established the FA have been in the back pocket of the big powerful clubs.....a bit like the OF & SFA here.

The English FA are a joke, its an absolute scandal that clubs like Wolves, Reading etc are able to go out and sign players for the majority of the season on emergency loans.

They regularly snap up hot prospects or EPL players on "emergency loans" and simply make it permanent when the window opens, an absolute abuse of the system which the FA have made no attempt to prevent.

I strongly doubt Arshavin signed in time and think the FA have dropped their pants and allowed arsenal extra time to sort out the bonus issues.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It was agreed prior to the dealine that if the clubs could provide the FA with email confirmation that the clubs had agreed a deal they would be allowed extra time to complete the deal.

That's all.

Charlie-Brown

Martin Samuel's has often said on Sunday Supplement on Sky that the way the EPL & FA govern is to facilitate (not regulate) what the big clubs want done.

Not wanting to look like im sticking up for the FA here, but FIFA were asked also and they said it was ok. If they had said no, then the EPL would have been told to do one. But then again, im sure they could have sent a few brown envelopes to Sepp, Jack and chums to make sure they got the extensions they wanted.

There was also a quote from the SFA saying no one asked for an extension here but if someone had asked, they would have granted it.

The reports I have read suggest although the player, arsenal and Zenit agreed terms before the deadline paperwork was not completed due to contractual issues between Zenit and Arshavin relating to bonuses and a loyalty payment he got up front.

Surely the FA shouldnt have allowed arsenal extra time to iron out these sort of issues just because the fee and the player agreed before the deadline as these all formed part of the contract.

You also have the case of Stephen Kelly who will be ratified simply because he couldnt travel from Birmingham to Stoke on Monday due to the weather.

It sounds awfully like the English FA are on the ****take to suit their members, it was a bloody foot of snow in Kelly's case and a case of Arsenal and Arshavin arguing about a few million which delayed these deals.

Now this may not be spot on as there seems to be very little to explain why the FA ratified the deal.

Id like to think it was done just to annoy you.

It was agreed prior to the dealine that if the clubs could provide the FA with email confirmation that the clubs had agreed a deal they would be allowed extra time to complete the deal.

That's all.

Yes it seems they both agreed the transfer fee, the suggestion is however it wasnt concluded due to a 1.5 mn loyalty bonus Arshavin received from Zenit and 450k worth of bonuses due to Arshavin.

From what I have read its the case that Zenit and Arshavin were in dispute about these bonuses and whether they should be payable/repayable and this is why the deal was not concluded in time, Arsenal then later came in and paid them both up to solve the problem.

I think Arsenal have pulled a bit of a fast one here and struck lucky that the FA ratified it.

Yes it seems they both agreed the transfer fee, the suggestion is however it wasnt concluded due to a 1.5 mn loyalty bonus Arshavin received from Zenit and 450k worth of bonuses due to Arshavin.

From what I have read its the case that Zenit and Arshavin were in dispute about these bonuses and whether they should be payable/repayable and this is why the deal was not concluded in time, Arsenal then later came in and paid them both up to solve the problem.

I think Arsenal have pulled a bit of a fast one here and struck lucky that the FA ratified it.

Yes but the deal was agreed and the email was sent. Procedures were met. Whatever happened after that was Arsenals business.

Does it really matter? Arshavin in the Premiership means we can watch him every week = result.

Also, ratified is a crap word.

Is it just me being dozy or is the fee that Arsenal have bought him for less than was rejected at the start of the window?

That's all.

Only if the snow was a hindrance to the signing. It wasn't as Arshavin was supposedly already in London.

But yeah, who cares, one more decent player in the Premiership.

Is it just me being dozy or is the fee that Arsenal have bought him for less than was rejected at the start of the window?

Don't think so.

Think Zenit always wanted 15mn however arsenal started around 12 million.

On top of that 15mn Arsenal also repaid the 1.5 mn loyalty bonus Arshavin received on the condition he would see out his contract at Zenit and paid 450k due in matche bonuses to Arshavin, Zenit wanted to withhold.

Total cost to arsenal was just a shade under 17 mil although only 15 mil was the fee.

Rudolf's Mate

Fiar enough it was Arsenal but they've done it for so called lesser clubs in the last few years. The bottom line is if it's in the interest of the EPL it'll get done as long as it's not completely taking the pee. Our league is nothing like the EPL. They don't want anyone other than the old firm thriving! Simple as.

Don't think so.

Think Zenit always wanted 15mn however arsenal started around 12 million.

On top of that 15mn Arsenal also repaid the 1.5 mn loyalty bonus Arshavin received on the condition he would see out his contract at Zenit and paid 450k due in matche bonuses to Arshavin, Zenit wanted to withhold.

Total cost to arsenal was just a shade under 17 mil although only 15 mil was the fee.

This isn't where I saw it originally, but was the first thing I found on a quick search;

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/83078/Arsenal-secure-Arshavin-for-10m

I thought they'd bid ?12m to start with as well, although I see that Zenit are saying it was ?15m he went for so possibly a mistake by the press.

It would be interesting to see how we fared if we had a GENUINE SIGNING that was signed and sealed in principle but which went past the deadline due to the fine print :rolleyes:

Anyway. At the end of the day it's supposed to be the FA's job to 'facilitate' whatever is in the best interests of the game, and I'm sure if a case was taken forward to court you would end up with claims of 'restriction of employment' or similar

The People's Chimp
Only if the snow was a hindrance to the signing. It wasn't as Arshavin was supposedly already in London.

But yeah, who cares, one more decent player in the Premiership.

You obviously didnt have to try getting around london on monday.

p.s. baps, excellent post.

The EPL gave all teams extra time because of the snow. Living in London, I witnessed first-hand the entire transport network shut-down, so its no surprise really if some Arsenal staff could not attend. Our entire office was closed.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Lets look at how the op would have looked if Arsenal had not been allowed to sign him.

"What a joke! Cant believe Arsenal have been told no!

Do the FA have no understanding of how bad the weather was in London? This is a disgrace and another go at Arsenal from a corrupt FA"

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

"BIG CLUB IN BENDING THE RULES TO SUIT THEMSELVES SHOCKER"

Guest S.U.S.S.
"BIG CLUB IN BENDING THE RULES TO SUIT THEMSELVES SHOCKER"

They have not bent any rules, they are not their rules, if anyone done anything wrong, its the FA not the club.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I may be wrong (which is highly likely) but the extension was granted because travelling conditions were near impossible, which is fair comment. But Sky Sports News almost soiled themselves with excitement several times over the day before deadline telling us Arshavin had flown to London. They also almost expired THE WEEK BEFORE telling us that a work permit had been applied for and granted. So to me, the 2 main barriers to this deal going through on time were cleared in advance.

I welcome being told otherwise, but to me this reeks of more than one party trying to wrangle every last pound (or rouble) ou the deal.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I may be wrong (which is highly likely) but the extension was granted because travelling conditions were near impossible, which is fair comment. But Sky Sports News almost soiled themselves with excitement several times over the day before deadline telling us Arshavin had flown to London. They also almost expired THE WEEK BEFORE telling us that a work permit had been applied for and granted. So to me, the 2 main barriers to this deal going through on time were cleared in advance.

I welcome being told otherwise, but to me this reeks of more than one party trying to wrangle every last pound (or rouble) ou the deal.

London is a big place and travelling there was a joke, not impossible he was in london but the appropriate people could not get to him or the other way around.

Walter Bishop

That's all.

Exactly! 2 mins investigative work and we would not have been subjected to this thread. :rolleyes:

Exactly! 2 mins investigative work and we would not have been subjected to this thread. :rolleyes:

2 minutes reading - hard I know - would have shown that the delays had nothing to do with the weather at all:rolleyes:

Walter Bishop
2 minutes reading - hard I know - would have shown that the delays had nothing to do with the weather at all:rolleyes:

Who mentioned the weather? :mw_rolleyes::emoticon_spam:

The email was sent within time for the deal to be completed.

Its like the same situation with the Cole-Gallas deal that was done like the Arshavin deal but it was all done right.

Great players and i'm glad we'll get to see him in the prem.

Looking forward to watching his debut in the next Arsenal game.

The email was sent within time for the deal to be completed.

Its like the same situation with the Cole-Gallas deal that was done like the Arshavin deal but it was all done right.

So to clarify the reason the deal couldnt be completed fully by the deadline was because of the weather? :mw_rolleyes:

Who mentioned the weather? :mw_rolleyes::emoticon_spam:

The FA when they relaxed the normal requirements, they didnt relax it to give arsenal and zenit more time to negotiate.

So to clarify the reason the deal couldnt be completed fully by the deadline was because of the weather? :mw_rolleyes:

The papers were complete before that.

Whats the problem?

Every club had the same chance to use that as an advantage, Arshavin came in on a private plane and landed before 1pm and was pictured at the training ground and the emirates all day.

The deal was coshure anyway but the weather was that bad it was extended by the FA for EVERY club to do a late deal but the papers were completed for 4.58pm.

The FA when they relaxed the normal requirements, they didnt relax it to give arsenal and zenit more time to negotiate.

Arsenal never got special treatment when the papers were signed before 5.

No but they had to extend that offer to EVERY club. You can't just let some clubs do it and say to the other clubs - tough luck.

The weather was the reason that possibility was put in place but every club could use it to their advantage.

The English transfer window was effectively extended for everyone.

Big deal man, why wont you let it go?

The papers were complete before that.

Whats the problem?

Every club had the same chance to use that as an advantage, Arshavin came in on a private plane and landed before 1pm and was pictured at the training ground and the emirates all day.

The deal was coshure anyway but the weather was that bad it was extended by the FA for EVERY club to do a late deal but the papers were completed for 4.58pm.

The normal procedures are that the paperwork must be submitted and the registation completed at the FA offices before the deadline.

The FA allowed clubs to avoid submitting it if they got an e-mail stating it was all agreed however wasnt completed due to the weather.

This was not the case with Arsenal and it instead was a case of the papers etc were late because of ongoing negotiations.

Arsenal never got special treatment when the papers were signed before 5.

They did as the delays in getting it completed as it would have to be at any other window were nothing to do with the weather.

Basically arsenal used the weather situation to circumvent the normal deadline so they could continue negotiating on the technical side about the bonus issues after the deadline.

Arsenal pulled a fast one and the FA bent over and took it.

and actually the FA stated that for clubs to benefit they would have to show the paperwork was completed and only not submitted due to the weather - quite clearly it wasnt the case with arsenal and it was other issues.

Hearts ran out of time for our player (Forkas) yet the english FA once again allow their clubs to abuse the window to their own benefits.

The FA said they got the paperwork agreeing the transfer on time.

Exactly.

The FA Bent over for Arsenal Prancer? How can they when it was processed at 4.58pm.

It was said this morning on sky sports and its been known already.

It was coshure.

FACT.

Exactly.

The FA Bent over for Arsenal Prancer? How can they when it was processed at 4.58pm.

It was said this morning on sky sports and its been known already.

It was coshure.

FACT.

Coshure lol

All the paperwork was in before the deadline.

Despite numerous other clubs having deals confirmed after the deadline nothing is said about them :S

FA statement states they were happy Arsenal had Substantively completed the deal before the deadline.

Key word being substantively.

So they hadnt completed the deal thus why was it allowed to process, don't see any reason for it.

We substantively completed the signing of Forkas apparently yet we arent allowed him anyway.

FA statement states they were happy Arsenal had Substantively completed the deal before the deadline.

Key word being substantively.

So they hadnt completed the deal thus why was it allowed to process, don't see any reason for it.

We substantively completed the signing of Forkas apparently yet we arent allowed him anyway.

BECAUSE THE FA ALLOWED AN EXTENSION AND THE SPL REFUSED AN EXTENSION.

BECAUSE THE FA ALLOWED AN EXTENSION AND THE SPL REFUSED AN EXTENSION.

If the deal was delayed due to the weather, the arshavin one was clearly not due to the weather and rather his own greed in trying to keep his loyalty bonus.

Its an absolute joke that the english FA continue to let their clubs abuse the transfer window system whilst every other country - who have a damn site less money and are more damaged by it -are expected to abide by it.

If the deal was delayed due to the weather, the arshavin one was clearly not due to the weather and rather his own greed in trying to keep his loyalty bonus.

Its an absolute joke that the english FA continue to let their clubs abuse the transfer window system whilst every other country - who have a damn site less money and are more damaged by it -are expected to abide by it.

Jesus. You are either completely ignoring the facts or you are an idiot.

The FA extended signings as long as they had an email from both clubs stating the deal was agreed.

The SFA had the option to do this but decided not to.

I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Are you not a bit concerned that you are the only person in the world who thinks this is a dodgy deal?

Guest S.U.S.S.

The FA extended signings as long as they had an email from both clubs stating the deal was agreed.

Are you not a bit concerned that you are the only person in the world who thinks this is a dodgy deal?

Mate, he asked, you answered, id leave it there, remember breathe!:laugh:

Wonder if thats because the OF had finished their dealings way before 5pm...?

Anyway, Prancer, you must be absolutely bieling with Stoke today:cheese:

Mate, he asked, you answered, id leave it there, remember breathe!:laugh:

I know man, I dunno why I'm replying but he MUST understand the situation.

Last post.

F.T.Prancer

:D

Archived