Weekly Pay Savings

wavydavy

Old Vlad must have saved the club a few quid a week in the latest transfer window.

I don't know how much Berra was on but I would guess perhaps ?3k per week.

Add to that the ?6K per week that Makela was on.

Basso was reportedly on ?3k per week.

We have also emptied about seven young guys who even if they are on ?500 a week is another ?3.5k per week.

That adds up to ?15.5k per week or ?62k per month not to mention the money they will get for Berra.

So all in all I would imagine Vlad to be a reasonably happy man, shame about the fans eh Vald.

Walter Bishop

Berra was one of our first 11`s lowest paid, i am led to belive he was being paid under 2k per week. Makela was on 4k.

Guess work, conjecture and speculation:emoticon_spam:

Some of it is guessing but some of it is fact whatever the exact figures are I am sure it will still amount to a big weekly saving which can only be good for the club.

Now that is not Guess Work, Conjecture or Speculation.:tongue:

Berra was one of our first 11`s lowest paid, i am led to belive he was being paid under 2k per week. Makela was on 4k.

Sorry to disagree but I am fairly confident that Makela was on ?6K per week it had gone up this year it was part of his contract.

Charlie-Brown

Reducing the wage bill to a level the club can afford is necessary & not something Hearts should be criticised for.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Wolves had doubled his wages to ?12,000 a week. I could be imagining it like.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Wolves had doubled his wages to ?12,000 a week. I could be imagining it like.

I'm pretty sure he's on ?8,000 a week at Wolves? Can't remember where I read it though.

According to the report I read it said he was to get ?8k per week but it did not say that it was double what he was getting at Hearts.

Some of it is guessing but some of it is fact whatever the exact figures are I am sure it will still amount to a big weekly saving which can only be good for the club.

Now that is not Guess Work, Conjecture or Speculation.:tongue:

I'm not disagreeing with that point but I love the way wage figures are banded about on here as FACT;)

The Mighty Thor
Reducing the wage bill to a level the club can afford is necessary & not something Hearts should be criticised for.

I'd agree to a point. The kind of points we should have won on Saturday!

According to the report I read it said he was to get ?8k per week but it did not say that it was double what he was getting at Hearts.

Youre prob right, like I said I could be imagining it which to be fair isnt a rare occurence... :laugh:

Old Vlad must have saved the club a few quid a week in the latest transfer window.

We have also emptied about seven young guys who even if they are on ?500 a week is another ?3.5k per week.

That adds up to ?15.5k per week or ?62k per month not to mention the money they will get for Berra.

So all in all I would imagine Vlad to be a reasonably happy man, shame about the fans eh Vald.

They pay structure has been changed to monthly. :tongue:

They pay structure has been changed to monthly. :tongue:

If you read my second last sentence you will note that I quote my estimated savings figure per week and month.

If you read my second last sentence you will note that I quote my estimated savings figure per week and month.

pedant :tongue:

pedant :tongue:

A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who 'makes a show of learning'.

I think the above applies more to you than me as it was you who was being picky about the wages being paid "Monthly" now rather than weekly.

pupstersajambo

One of the papers, can't remember which one, was in print as saying Wolves had doubled his pay, up to ?8k p.w.

A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who 'makes a show of learning'.

I think the above applies more to you than me as it was you who was being picky about the wages being paid "Monthly" now rather than weekly.

crikey :tongue:

Think Vlad was right to get these players moved off the payroll.Club needs to reduce the debt and whilst dissapointing to lose Berra the rest have done nothing for the club.Debt needs reduced and like any business in the current climate costs need to be and are being reduced.

When you say"shame about the fans"I think this is the right step to take and as a supporter always want to see our team winning with quality players but we need the finance to be secure.

Sorry to disagree but I am fairly confident that Makela was on ?6K per week it had gone up this year it was part of his contract.

?4k or ?6k either way we must have given him a good few weeks/months of wages to F off. This would have further reduced our chance to bring in another player in terms of both wages and transfer/signing on fees.

Francis Albert

I assume you mean the Hibs fans who want us (correction, are desperate for us) ) to go bankrupt

I'm not disagreeing with that point but I love the way wage figures are banded about on here as FACT;)

Agreed. Much the same as our debt, who we are signing and what Romanovs aims for the club are! Youd think people would be used to not knowing by now. Not saying its right, just deal with it!

So far today from the evening news, KB and the Scotsman, ive read Makela was either on 4k, 6k or 8k and Berra as on 2k 3k or 4k. Yet we slag Hibs fans on here for guessing the state of our wage bill and debt? Unless you know Berra then you dont know his wage.

Cue lots of 'i heard' etc. I like a good bit of speculating but some folk on here are arguing about pie in the sky they know nowt about.

we'll hopefully start to see the benefit of resource rationalisation next season. cutting out the poisonous sources of waste and allocating whatever budget is available to players who offer real value for money isn't the sort of thing that can be achieved overnight. the club is moving in the right direction with regard to achieving a goal of stemming all the bleeding which has occurred during the past 3-4 years.

once we get down to our fighting weight and turn all the fat into muscle... then we can start to go places.

Archived