Two teams in Scotland

hearts_crazy

Why is it that any time Paddy Power comes on Real Radio to blab on about the best bets for the weekend he only ever talks about Rangers and Celtic. He gives it "Oh, to be sure begorah oi expect Celtic to win this one tree nil so I do and i'll give you tree to one on that. Oi expect Rangers to draw tree tree blah blah blah..........". Then that's it he doesn't even give lip service to any other team.

Also the Sultana show that goes on about results throughout Britain (or is it the World), when they do Scotland only ever mentions the Rangers and Celtic scores and nobody else. And on council telly too any time there is an English based sports report they go right the way through every conceivable league in England almost down to Sunday pub leagues, then they say "up in Scotland Rangers won 1-0 and Celtic won 2-1" and that's it.

Am I the only one that shouts at the telly/radio when this happens. It really really ****es me off.

ITV1 international news is the worst - the news reader only seems to bother with the english premierleague scores most of the time!

Why is it that any time Paddy Power comes on Real Radio to blab on about the best bets for the weekend he only ever talks about Rangers and Celtic. He gives it "Oh, to be sure begorah oi expect Celtic to win this one tree nil so I do and i'll give you tree to one on that. Oi expect Rangers to draw tree tree blah blah blah..........". Then that's it he doesn't even give lip service to any other team.

Also the Sultana show that goes on about results throughout Britain (or is it the World), when they do Scotland only ever mentions the Rangers and Celtic scores and nobody else. And on council telly too any time there is an English based sports report they go right the way through every conceivable league in England almost down to Sunday pub leagues, then they say "up in Scotland Rangers won 1-0 and Celtic won 2-1" and that's it.

Am I the only one that shouts at the telly/radio when this happens. It really really ****es me off.

Because Paddy Power is Oirish and therefore not intelligent enough to see life as anything other than Guinness, pash jokes and the old firm.

Slightly off topic, my parents used to work abroad and whenever I went out to see them, I got all my football news from the BBC World Service. This was way before the Internet. They always used to do commentary on the second half of an English game live and then after all the results were in, they would do commentary on the second half of a Scottish game. They didn't tell you what the score was in the Scottish game at all. Thing was, the only time they did that seemed to be when Hearts were the commentary game! Fecking nightmare having to wait until about 10.30 at night to know what the score was. I'm pretty convinced that someone at the world Service was a bit of a Jambo though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why is it that any time Paddy Power comes on Real Radio to blab on about the best bets for the weekend he only ever talks about Rangers and Celtic.

Cause Paddy Power are a business, who want to make money. So they target the biggest customer base.

You probably are ya mad bassa:eek:

loveofthegame

Have you seriously just realised that we live in a 2 club country in the eyes of the media?! Where have you been?! Under a rock in a cave in the Afghani desert?!

Have you seriously just realised that we live in a 2 club country in the eyes of the media?! Where have you been?! Under a rock in a cave in the Afghani desert?!

He's just matured from a larvae:laugh:

Slightly off topic, my parents used to work abroad and whenever I went out to see them, I got all my football news from the BBC World Service. This was way before the Internet. They always used to do commentary on the second half of an English game live and then after all the results were in, they would do commentary on the second half of a Scottish game. They didn't tell you what the score was in the Scottish game at all. Thing was, the only time they did that seemed to be when Hearts were the commentary game! Fecking nightmare having to wait until about 10.30 at night to know what the score was. I'm pretty convinced that someone at the world Service was a bit of a Jambo though.

BBC World service got the results wrong on Saturday, I had man city down as a draw and was only waiting on that... BBC World Service had it down as 0-0 when the score was 1-0, almost ruined my holiday! *****s!

This is the life of a Hearts fan or indeed any one of the 'provincial' sides.

Their Duopoly has crushed Scottish football and relegated not only other teams but the entire league to a footnote in European football.

Cheers you soap dodging, ****e rag, player theiving arseholes!

Cause Paddy Power are a business, who want to make money. So they target the biggest customer base.

Sorry that doesn't make sense pander the the OF fans while simultaneously alienating the rest of Scotland. Surely they would appeal to tens of thousands more people if they happened to include all Scotland's senior clubs rather than just the big two. This is what's wrong with football in this country, the old firm get all the praise, all the media coverage, all the money The sooner these two parasites feck off back to ireland the better.

Sure they might have a bigger fan base, but i'd wager that there would be a LOT less fans of either if they stopped winning everything in sight and the likes of us, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc started actually challenging them for all the silverware. How many glory hunters would still 'follow follow' if they finished third or fourth, and failed to win a cup for a couple of seasons.

We have potentially just as big a fan base as either of these two anyway. How many Edinburgh glory hunters would suddenly latch on to us with a wee bit of success on the field. You only need to look at the Scottish Cup parade to answer that one, a hell of a lot, that's what.

What with this guy?1.%20OSAMA%20BIN%20LADEN.jpg

Nope. And yes, I did realise, doesn't make it right though.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry that doesn't make sense pander the the OF fans while simultaneously alienating the rest of Scotland.

Depends if their customer base is OF fans or the rest of Scotland. Methinks it's OF fans, therefore they are pandering to their customers.

When I was in Majorca in August of 2007, a bloke running a bar I went into heard my Scottish accent and asked me which team I supported, Celtic or Rangers, the first thing I said was that I was from Edinburgh, he just looked at me and asked again, I told him I supported Hearts, he just said "who?" says it all really, i'd maybe see the point if he was foreign but he was from England! Also, in Blackpool back in 1994, I was wearing the Inter Milan style Hearts top of the time and was asked by a guy in one of the amusement arcades what team I supported, I told him Hearts, he looked at me as if i'd came from mars! bunch of to55ers the lot of them! Cheers OldFirm!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Because, by continuing to listen to it, despite them only ever focussing on the OF, you are giving them the impression listening figures are not affected by only reporting on Celtic and Rangers. Turn the radio off, convince five people to do the same and ask those five to convince another five and so on.

southside1874

Doesn't seem fair but its true, more fans go to either weegie home game than the rest of the league combined.

Radioactive Mince

True. Not only that but, due to the Infirm's recent inadequacies, they (the bookies) stand to make a lot of money from the half-baked, moronic imbeciles who think wagering their whole Giro on a "stick-on" Sellick win away to ICT is a great way to increase their heroin grammage.

Mince.

Archived