Csaba speaks: "strikers must score"

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Main transfer bit:

Hearts' efforts towards recruiting an extra forward took up most of Laszlo's weekend as he, majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov and sport director Anatoli Korobochka explored a number of options to reinforce the squad. "We tried a lot of things, Mr Romanov, Anatoli and myself," continued Laszlo. "Don't think we were not active but the biggest problem is simple. Like many clubs in the UK, Heart of Midlothian cannot pay high transfer fees. We have our line which we do not like to cross.

"We had discussions with some players and they had the possibility to come and play in the Scottish league but, if somebody looks for money and not development, he does not have anything to bring to my team. It is better to work with young and hungry players.

"In the summer, we would like to build a new team because contracts will run out and people will leave us. We must look at who goes. I think in the summer players like Andy Driver, Larry Kingston, David Obua and others, if they perform well, will have the possibility to move. We must look at who moves and who stays, so the rest of this season is very important for us. If the progress is the same as the last six months, and we are in the top six and maybe go far in the Scottish Cup, we can decide much easier about which players we hold and which direction we go in. We want a good mixture of young and experienced players.

"We have character in the team but I want the team to be stronger. We can talk about Michael Stewart, Karipidis, Eggert Jonsson, Lee Wallace, Zaliukas, Bruno and even Larry Kingston. These players have all had bad and good times but we must stabilise. The best example, for me, is Stewart. He showed on Saturday (against Hamilton] that he was back after two or three bad weeks. I would like to see the same from Larry Kingston and I will help him.

"We are in a good position and we need to make good decisions about which players we keep and which ones we bring in during the summer. It is not only a question of money. You can get a lot of players for small money if you open your eyes and look in the market. If we do our jobs and search I think we can get the players I need."

tartofmidlothian

And a great Csabaism, right here:

"I learned something in life and in football and I always tell this: If you don't go where it is painful, you can never win. You cannot wait for the ball on a plate before you score."

They couldn't find a better goal scorer than Nade on the cheap?!?!?!

Where the hell were they looking?!!

By the looks of it, Serie A and La Liga!

:eek:

Other clubs seem to be able to get themselves strikers without much fuss. Yet in every transfer window we fail. And also can't even get the paperwork in on time for players we can afford. Though no problem on the ones we sell.

Uh huh.

Sounds very much like Driver will be off in the summer and if the other two go as well that he speaks off we are going to have a complete rebuilding needing done.God knows where he is going to find this good young scottish talent that he wants on the cheap.What is it 6 in everyone of Hearts teams.

Excuses, excuses. They have had 6 months to look at, organise and be ready to sign the much needed striker yet they leave it till the last day or 2. Totally incompetent.

Guest JamboRobbo
Excuses, excuses. They have had 6 months to look at, organise and be ready to sign the much needed striker yet they leave it till the last day or 2. Totally incompetent.

no, no, it's just unlucky. Failure to plan is not a deficiency. :tongue:

BlackhallJambo

I cant seriously believe that Mole played the number of games he has this season. Nade whose only skill seems to be shielding the ball out on the wing and whose strike rate is up there beside Hans Eskillson. And just to rub salt into the gaping wound we bring back Callum Elliot ffs!!

Vlad must have a bet on that we will finish in the bottom 6 as there is no other explanation for the neglect that is taking place here

And a great Csabaism, right here:

"I learned something in life and in football and I always tell this: If you don't go where it is painful, you can never win. You cannot wait for the ball on a plate before you score."

Oh for a Busby! Never afraid to go in where it's painful!:pray:

Sounds very much like Driver will be off in the summer and if the other two go as well that he speaks off we are going to have a complete rebuilding needing done.God knows where he is going to find this good young scottish talent that he wants on the cheap.What is it 6 in everyone of Hearts teams.

Severin?:)

To not sign or loan or borrow or steal a striker is shocking. Neglect indeed. We have without a doubt, the weakest most shot shy strike force in the SPL. Never thought I'd say that but my god its true.

They couldn't find a better goal scorer than Nade on the cheap?!?!?!

Where the hell were they looking?!!

There are hundreds of players they could have signed that would be better than what we have. Loan deals, cheap deals, loads of clubs seem to manage ok without going bankrupt. Motherwell and Killie are now outspending us FFS. The scouting setup has always been a total farce since The Romanovs took over and nothings really changed :mad:

There are hundreds of players they could have signed that would be better than what we have. Loan deals, cheap deals, loads of clubs seem to manage ok without going bankrupt. Motherwell and Killie are now outspending us FFS. The scouting setup has always been a total farce since The Romanovs took over and nothings really changed :mad:

and how do you come to this conclusion????

Nucky Thompson
no, no, it's just unlucky. Failure to plan is not a deficiency. :tongue:
What do you do if the players you're looking at are asking for too much money or don't fancy coming? Hit them over the head with a club, drug them and make them sign on the dotted line:mw_rolleyes:

Captain Canada

Can we not still sign a free agent striker outside the window? I think this should be our top priority, there must be a few guys out there who got freed and are looking for a new club.

What do you do if the players you're looking at are asking for too much money or don't fancy coming? Hit them over the head with a club, drug them and make them sign on the dotted line:mw_rolleyes:

All 25 of them were too expensive or didn't fancy coming to Hearts?

Suggests that whoever was compiling the list set the bar a bit too high.

Guest JamboRobbo

which player asked for too much money? I though we just missed the deadline?

We haven't had a proper striker since Stephan Adam!

Lee Miller was excellent in his spell.

Bednar was a proper striker albeit he didnt do much for us.

Janny was exceptional in season 1

Nucky Thompson
All 25 of them were too expensive or didn't fancy coming to Hearts?

Suggests that whoever was compiling the list set the bar a bit too high.

Possibly, or maybe some might think about it in 6 months time when they are free agents.

Lee Miller was excellent in his spell.

Bednar was a proper striker albeit he didnt do much for us.

Janny was exceptional in season 1

Point taken. Ignore me. I've got a stotter of a head cold and i'm sitting in my office watching my intelligence spill out of head into the black hole of Kickback.

Whats the fuss?

We take 7 months to get a manager (although that was arguably 2 years and 7 months from our previous proper manager)

We are only around 5 months / 2 transfer windows into the search for somebody that can scores goals in the the SPL.

I mean its not as if Porter score goals....oh.....well Lee Miller....oh dear, will Billy Mehmet then.....er, well at least Hamilton and Wyness dont score....er Higdon....

You see every club in the league has the same problem. It is not that easy to get someone in on a budget that can score goals in the SPL

Give Vlad a break for gods sake. Its important to get the right striker, not just one that will improve our situation and score more than one goal every 10 games

Surely there must be an out of contract striker out there who we can snap up now for a few hundred quid a week.

Somebody! Even if they're retired!

0,,10289~380196,00.jpg

Buffalo Bill

The whole set-up stinks, I can't understand how we can know we need a striker or two and sign nobody once again! All I can see in the summer is yet another Makela, Klimek, Beniusis and Tullberg coming in, no doubt the other clubs will strengthen upfront while we just sit about and let it happen, still.....at least we'll have Elliot and Mole to look forward to next season!!

Surely there must be an out of contract striker out there who we can snap up now for a few hundred quid a week.

0,,10289~380196,00.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Stick a corset on wee Robbo and chuck him upfront!, he might not be as mobile these days but he'll likely still score more goals than every other striker on the books!

Toxteth O'Grady
The whole set-up stinks, I can't understand how we can know we need a striker or two and sign nobody once again! All I can see in the summer is yet another Makela, Klimek, Beniusis and Tullberg coming in, no doubt the other clubs will strengthen upfront while we just sit about and let it happen, still.....at least we'll have Elliot and Mole to look forward to next season!!

Correct it looks like nothing was done to sign a striker until the weekend, it has been obvious since last January that we need a striker

Csaba has a striker who can score and has done on a better ratio than any other striker at the club.

For some reason beyond my reckoning, he chooses not to use him so my sympathy for him on this subject has dwindled.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Csaba has a striker who can score and has done on a better ratio than any other striker at the club.For some reason beyond my reckoning, he chooses not to use him so my sympathy for him on this subject has dwindled.
Who would that be?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The irony about all of this is that we had hardly the worst team in scoring in the league.

Who would that be?

Gary Glen. Not sure of exact stats but no starts this year and still has half the total of Nade.

Notched a few in a handful of games last year. 4 goals in maybe 5 or 6 starts?? Plus handful of rub a dub appearances.

:toasting:

0,,10289~380196,00.jpg

Buffalo Bill

The Wicker Man

What ever happened to Vyacheslav Hleb ?

Is he still in VR's bad books or was there a problem getting a work permit?

Nelly Terraces

I know it sounds a wacky concept, but Shabbs, you could try Glen up top wi Nads and play 4 across the middle.

I know, crazy.

Archived