Duo remain on radar

tartofmidlothian

I know.

They were aware of it coming in though surely.

Get everything done before the cash comes. If it doesnt have loans/frees as backup just in case.

Contingency planning.

They can have targets, decide themselves, but they cant disturb and unsettle clubs and players about transfers unless they are genuine about it.

They couldnt have realistcally got around a table about these players if they had not guaranteed money for Berra.

If they had, they would be wholey unprofessional in dealing with a club that way, only to tell them, actually, were cant afford it and never could.

OR they could have sold Berra for the first money on the table....and think of the discussion we'd be having about how they punted Berra at the first oppertunity....not good either.

Consider the player they are trying to sign....2 days to decide if he wants to leave where he lives and move to a club (he's probably never heard off) on Scotland?

I hardly think 2 days is a long time. And his current club are hardly going to let potential suitors unsettle him uneccesarily.

With those things in mind its hardly surprising the last minute deals did not come off. And I thnink its a bit hard to blame the club for all of this, as they were clearly gambling on selling before buying. WOuld have been a bigger mistake to do it the other way round.

I guess their 6 month loans are up, given that they are here on loan not trial, as Csaba doesn't do trialists.......

or maybe this is just another in a long long line of contradictions fed to the fans.......

Or maybe you could take the positive out of the situation and say that Csaba saw them didnt think they were better than he had and sent them packing

No.....no wait i'll go straight to the negative :mad:

Well done Vlad, as usual ****ed us over.

No replacement for Berra, perhaps fair enough we can maybe cover him.

But no Striker? get a grip you short arsed little dancing ****bag.

Good reasoned argument.

Charlie-Brown

Even with the Berra money funds at the club are still very tight & the players bonus levels & structure for the remainder of the season was re-negotiated recently as well as the move to monthly payment to ease the demand on available funds.

While I am unhappy about no defensive replacement some posters of huge numbers of posts got it wrong (not for the first time) about the trialists. Huge numbers of boring posts about them and how they were going straight into the team behind Csaba's back! Few things are ever all black or all white eh?

Guest JamboRobbo
While I am unhappy about no defensive replacement some posters of huge numbers of posts got it wrong (not for the first time) about the trialists. Huge numbers of boring posts about them and how they were going straight into the team behind Csaba's back! Few things are ever all black or all white eh?

And quite a few other posters were telling us they were here on loan not trial, cause Csaba had just stated he didn't do trailists, so they had to justify it somehow.

Seems pretty clear now they were here on trial, not loan, despite the fact that Csaba thinks it's "not professional" to take trialists.

Guest S.U.S.S.
And quite a few other posters were telling us they were here on loan not trial, cause Csaba had just stated he didn't do trailists, so they had to justify it somehow.

Seems pretty clear now they were here on trial, not loan, despite the fact that Csaba thinks it's "not professional" to take trialists.

Dont be silly, it was a weeks loan! :)

Its interesting that somebody who went out to Lithuania last summer I think saw a chart where Romanov had mapped out when certain players would reach maximum value.

Berra was this window, Driver was next window and Wallace was next summer I think.

Anyway, one out of 1 so far - Bingo.

Seems as if Romanov is still working to formula's and will see them through without flinching.

Anyway, I thought we'd signed this Bratislava lad? Just too late. I would have presumed it would just simply go through in summer...

Its interesting that somebody who went out to Lithuania last summer I think saw a chart where Romanov had mapped out when certain players would reach maximum value.

Berra was this window, Driver was next window and Wallace was next summer I think.

Seems as if Romanov is still working to formula's and will see them through without flinching.

This is in Gary Mackay's book.

Anyway, I thought we'd signed this Bratislava lad? Just too late. I would have presumed it would just simply go through in summer...

You can tell all that from 1 sale of a player who wanted to go and went at the right time.

Incredible.

You can tell all that from 1 sale of a player who wanted to go and went at the right time.

Incredible.

We'll see.

It certainly wasnt a "usual suspect" that confirmed the timeline, and it was posted on this board, and it wasnt used as a criticism of Romanov simply presented as a fact

I still have not seen anything to suggest we tried to sign the boy, and have been asking since last night why we haven't signed him (assuming we were interested in him) even though he would not be available 'til the summer.

Guest JamboRobbo
I still have not seen anything to suggest we tried to sign the boy, and have been asking since last night why we haven't signed him (assuming we were interested in him) even though he would not be available 'til the summer.

If we were making any REAL attempt to sign him, he'd have been over in edinburgh to do his medical surely......

If we were making any REAL attempt to sign him, he'd have been over in edinburgh to do his medical surely......

Either that or the dude that does the deals would be over there.

Well done Vlad, as usual ****ed us over.

No replacement for Berra, perhaps fair enough we can maybe cover him.

But no Striker? get a grip you short arsed little dancing ****bag.

Whoosh:D:D

I think we might have signed Farkas for the summer..

If true:

Noooooooooooo! How dare Hearts prove people on here wrong!:P

How can we be cynical if Hearts go and do something like this? Shaking with....ah you get the picture:D

Yesterday you mentioned a boy from Sunderland was at Riccarton aswell.....I guess we will wait (again) and see what happens, or doesn't, in the summer.

:mw_rolleyes:

I guess their 6 month loans are up, given that they are here on loan not trial, as Csaba doesn't do trialists.......

or maybe this is just another in a long long line of contradictions fed to the fans.......

picard-headesk.jpg

I don't believe for one minute you are a Hearts supporter Prancer. Every week you moan about about not giving youth players like Templeton,Glen and Mcgowan a chance,but then you want us to replace bring in loan players from other clubs or players that you know nothing about. I can guarantee if we signed 2 or 3 players yesterday you would have moaned because we were spending money on the wage bill thats what you are an attention seeker.

Guest JamboRobbo
I find that sometimes a picture can tell 1000 words.

and other times, it just illustrates the lack of a counter argument to the point being made.

and other times, it just illustrates the lack of a counter argument to the point being made.

No.

It can also illustrate that I read through a completely pointless thread of about 458 pages on this and can feel myself curling into the foetal position at the thought of it being regurgitated. :)

I think its more an illustration of exhaustion.

Guest JamboRobbo
No.

It can also illustrate that I read through a completely pointless thread of about 458 pages on this and can feel myself curling into the foetal position at the thought of it being regurgitated. :)

fair enough mate. but I think you get my point. it's clear now they were here on trial, as some of us thought at the time.

I think its more an illustration of exhaustion.

I think it illustrates the struggle of bald men in a modern society so obsessed and driven by hair.

Good post IMO Thommo.

fair enough mate. but I think you get my point. it's clear now they were here on trial, as some of us thought at the time.

Jean-Luc Picard actually lost his hair worrying about whether the two boys from Kaunas were on trial or on loan, and whether Laszlo has even really said he didn't do trials. True story.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jean-Luc Picard actually lost his hair worrying about whether the two boys from Kaunas were on trial or on loan, and whether Laszlo has even really said he didn't do trials. True story.

all fair enough, but if you don't wanna talk about HMFC transfer situation, an HMFC message board the day after the transfer window closes ain't exactly the best place in the world to hang out. :D

I think it illustrates the struggle of bald men in a modern society so obsessed and driven by hair.

Good post IMO Thommo.

Thanks.

Jean-Luc, as a man who has risen to the top of his profession despite the playground taunts and prejudices of society, can be inspiration to all follically challenged men out there.

I, on the other hand, have a fine, thick, lion's mane of a head of hair, so Jean-Luc is a case of Affirmative Action gone too far IMO.

Yesterday you mentioned a boy from Sunderland was at Riccarton aswell.....I guess we will wait (again) and see what happens, or doesn't, in the summer.

:mw_rolleyes:

Aye that was from the EEN chat. :laugh:

all fair enough, but if you don't wanna talk about HMFC transfer situation, an HMFC message board the day after the transfer window closes ain't exactly the best place in the world to hang out. :D

Didn't realise that the ultimately irrelevant difference in this case between a loan and a trial, and different people's interpretations of a Csaba quote, was a whole lot to do with our transfer situation, but hey ho.

I would be pleased to read that. That would, IMO, be a "good news day" for Hearts and would show that they were indeed just a little late buying a player that they really wanted. We announced the signing of Ian Black on the official site, I hope they will let us know of this signing.

Sign Farkas this week = declaration of intent IMO.

Aye that was from the EEN chat. :laugh:

My apologies. Here's hoping the summer will bring us all some joy.

:)

I would be pleased to read that. That would, IMO, be a "good news day" for Hearts and would show that they were indeed just a little late buying a player that they really wanted. We announced the signing of Ian Black on the official site, I hope they will let us know of this signing.

Sign Farkas this week = declaration of intent IMO.

I'll know for sure in a few hours.

Is Farkas left-footed, do you know? Just out of curiosity - it'd obviously be better to bring back a balance at the back with our 2 left-sided centre backs leaving over the last week.

Guest JamboRobbo
Didn't realise that the ultimately irrelevant difference in this case between a loan and a trial, and different people's interpretations of a Csaba quote, was a whole lot to do with our transfer situation, but hey ho.

apologies for having an opinion.

If you do find out that would be great news.

****DISCLAIMER****

I have never seen Farkas play and am not saying he will be the new Baresi, however it would be hugely pleasing to see the reaction to Hearts losing a player is for Hearts to sign a player that the manager recommends.

****END DISCLAIMER****

Apology accepted.

Please ensure this doesn't happen again.

Opinions are not welcome.

I trust this clarifies the issue.

Guest JamboRobbo
Apology accepted.

Please ensure this doesn't happen again.

Opinions are not welcome.

I trust this clarifies the issue.

:tongue:

Don't worry about it.

But now we have that out the way, how about an apology for your breath?

I can see why Csaba went for Dica too. Not playing for Catania, been told he can leave, in a bit of a rut at his club, and he's Romanian too.

Shame it didn't work out.

Excellent.

I'm gonna enjoy watching us play another 5 months without a striker, and now attempt the feat of playig without a CH as well, safe in the knowledge that we've got these 2 in radar contact.

Would you agree that gary glen is a striker? or is he a midfielder or defender.....keeper maybe??????

He will get his chance shortly, and if he does, he will take it!

Guest JamboRobbo
Would you agree that gary glen is a striker? or is he a midfielder or defender.....keeper maybe??????

He will get his chance shortly, and if he does, he will take it!

Yep, he's a striker and a damn good one IMO. I think he should've been getting more of a run all season long, as he clearly has talent.

I don't think he's ready to be our main man every week though - I think he'll need a bit of time, hence the need for a striker this window, as Csaba pointed out.

So hopefully we are working on getting Martin signed up on a pre contract or are we just going to wait until the summer and he goes elsewhere.

That would be more Hearts' style! Look at a player, keep track of how he's doing and if he'd doing really well, hang about like a bad smell and wait for someone else to sign him, sounds about right!

Archived