Duo remain on radar

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

So we've been refunded for Copil, and Ersen Martin is a free agent in the summer - both good bits of news.

And we enquired after one Nicolae Dica, a Romanian striker playing for Catania, but his wages were too high. Hmm.

I wonder if anyone else will pick up on the last sentence of the article?

....and Lithuanian trialists Marius Cinikas and Vygantas Zubavicius will return to FBK Kaunas.

It's a joke we couldn't get anyone decent in so I'm not expecting anything in the summer either

Lets hope something happens that makes me eat my words

Guest JamboRobbo

Excellent.

I'm gonna enjoy watching us play another 5 months without a striker, and now attempt the feat of playig without a CH as well, safe in the knowledge that we've got these 2 in radar contact.

Dica :eek: He is a amazing striker on football manager

Maybe and I will bet now he doesnt sign and if he does he will get injured never to be seen:mw_rolleyes:

Forkas and Martin - we only had a month to set up deals for them, how ridicolous to expect that to happen.

As for copil, it was suggested on here that we had never paid for him or Rapnik and both were sent home with the fees being written off.

The level of cost cutting (even down to the 20 quid a week boys) worries me, and before we point out there was no fire sale, you need bids to actually sell folk.

Guest JamboRobbo

I guess their 6 month loans are up, given that they are here on loan not trial, as Csaba doesn't do trialists.......

or maybe this is just another in a long long line of contradictions fed to the fans.......

I did, I thought I would save it for a later argument:laugh:

Maybe and I will bet now he doesnt sign and if he does he will get injured never to be seen:mw_rolleyes:

Miserable git:laugh:

before we point out there was no fire sale, you need bids to actually sell folk.

Was a million from Coventry for Driver not a bid?

Forkas and Martin - we only had a month to set up deals for them, how ridicolous to expect that to happen.

As for copil, it was suggested on here that we had never paid for him or Rapnik and both were sent home with the fees being written off.

The level of cost cutting (even down to the 20 quid a week boys) worries me, and before we point out there was no fire sale, you need bids to actually sell folk.

You would be the first one on moaning if we hadnt cut costs and released a lot of the "deadwood".

Hearts cant win in your strange little world.

Rudolf's Mate

Great! Were after a striker who tells this to his coach.....

"Dica has not settled in and asked to leave," confirmed Zenga.

"I tried to give him a launching pad at Siena, but during the game he told me did not feel up to playing".

At least he's honest :eek:

Was a million from Coventry for Driver not a bid?

Any official confirmation of this bid? Saw rumours, but it was suggested on here no formal bid was made.

You would be the first one on moaning if we hadnt cut costs and released a lot of the "deadwood".

Hearts cant win in your strange little world.

We released more than enough deadwood as well as selling one first team player, we could have invested part of this money in a replacement in a striker and still been better off financially. It wont exactly be a great window if the loss of berra and lack of a striker cost us european income next year. will it? Or how about we brought in a few short term cheap loans to help us like utd did ? We didnt need to spend ridicolous sums.

Good. Suggests Csaba has final say on who is good enough.

tartofmidlothian
Great! Were after a striker who tells this to his coach.....

"Dica has not settled in and asked to leave," confirmed Zenga.

"I tried to give him a launching pad at Siena, but during the game he told me did not feel up to playing".

At least he's honest :eek:

Haha! Pinigol 2.0 :laugh:

Any official confirmation of this bid? Saw rumours, but it was suggested on here no formal bid was made.

We released more than enough deadwood as well as selling one first team player, we could have invested part of this money in a replacement in a striker and still been better off financially. It wont exactly be a great window if the loss of berra and lack of a striker cost us european income next year. will it? Or how about we brought in a few short term cheap loans to help us like utd did ? We didnt need to spend ridicolous sums.

I agree, we should have plugged the gaps, temporarily at least.

I was commenting on your concerns re the level of cost cutting. You would have complained if it wasnt as extreme. :Its a lose lose situation for HMFC in your eyes in every scenario.

I guess their 6 month loans are up, given that they are here on loan not trial, as Csaba doesn't do trialists.......

or maybe this is just another in a long long line of contradictions fed to the fans.......

I may have forgotten exactly who said what, but I think the official website has been proved to have been accurate on this one? It was the player himself who said he had a six-month deal.

I don't understand why we were looking at a 6"5 striker when we have already got Nade as our target man? Surely we should've been looking for a goalscorer who could play off Nade rather than someone who's got a lot of height and strength.

Romanov told the Scotsman: "We have not received a satisfactory offer for Driver but we have been discussing the player with them."

Why is it that everyting Hearts do has to be viewed negatively?

It isnt

Its just you cannot put a positive spin on our transfer window activities from a footballing aspect.

So hopefully we are working on getting Martin signed up on a pre contract or are we just going to wait until the summer and he goes elsewhere.

It isnt

Its just you cannot put a positive spin on our transfer window activities from a footballing aspect.

You wouldnt even try to anyway.

You can however put positive spin on it from a financial aspect, yet you have still put a negative spin on it!

Romanov told the Scotsman: "We have not received a satisfactory offer for Driver but we have been discussing the player with them."

Discussing is not a bid.

We could have told them we wanted 2 million and then accepted 1 million (like asking for 3 million for Berra and accepting less).

Unless they bid the 1 million we didnt receive an officer to turn down.

Is there any confirmation which specifically states they offered 1 million which we then rejected?

Maybe we did but I havent seen anything which states we did.

Discussing is not a bid.

We could have told them we wanted 2 million and then accepted 1 million (like asking for 3 million for Berra and accepting less).

Unless they bid the 1 million we didnt receive an officer to turn down.

Is there any confirmation which specifically states they offered 1 million which we then rejected?

Maybe we did but I havent seen anything which states we did.

That doesnt mean we received a bid of any sort though.

We didnt receive a bid a satisfactory bid for Jason Thomson, we also didnt receive any bids.

If we did reject a bid then I fully expect the club would have been announcing it all over the official website.

tartofmidlothian
So hopefully we are working on getting Martin signed up on a pre contract or are we just going to wait until the summer and he goes elsewhere.

You'd hope so. In fact you'd hope they're putting together an offer for him right now, if this is the case.

Great.

Pity we could have done with them now, eh.

33 days of open window. Jesus.:(

And only a couple of days with any cash for Berra to spend.

We didnt receive a bid a satisfactory bid for Jason Thomson, we also didnt receive any bids.

If we did reject a bid then I fully expect the club would have been announcing it all over the official website.

They didn't receive a satisfactory bid for Berra, nothing was mentioned on the official site until a bid was accepted.

Excellent.

I'm gonna enjoy watching us play another 5 months without a striker, and now attempt the feat of playig without a CH as well, safe in the knowledge that we've got these 2 in radar contact.

Aye thats what well dae, field 9 players ti the end of the seasons.

Why no try supportin who we're gonnae play in these positions, we might just play well enough to make 3rd. Wi Templeton and McGowan waiting in the wings to play. Im looking forward to the run in.

Anybody who doesnt is a creationist.

jamboinglasgow

:banghead2:

tartofmidlothian
Aye thats what well dae, field 9 players ti the end of the seasons.

Why no try supportin who we're gonnae play in these positions, we might just play well enough to make 3rd. Wi Templeton and McGowan waiting in the wings to play. Im looking forward to the run in.

Anybody who doesnt is a creationist.

The Post of Common Sense.

And :laugh::laugh::laugh: for the last line.

And only a couple of days with any cash for Berra to spend.

I know.

They were aware of it coming in though surely.

Get everything done before the cash comes. If it doesnt have loans/frees as backup just in case.

Contingency planning.

your not a hearts supporter, your a hearts hater, nothing is good enough for you, no matter what transpires at hearts you put a bitter slant on it, why dont you just take all the tablets and do us a favour, , the european cup would'nt be enough for you,

You will never see too many headed goals from Gary Glen or Calum Elliot.

Looks like we found our 'new' striker ;)

Doesn't matter what they say will happen, who they looked at or are still looking at. Main thing is nobody was signed and we are still badly short up front.

They could be looking at Rooney but until he's holding the scarf aloft it's all just bullsh*t to me.

Victor Meldrew
It isnt

But why should the footbaling aspect be divorced from the financial realities.

Romanov has (rightly in my view) been criticised for spending too much on the team and putting us into a financial position that meant going into this window we faced losing a number of players we really wanted to keep: Jonsson, Berra, Driver, Wallace, Aguiar, Karipidis even Neilson. In the end we lost Berra only whilst also reducing the wage bill by releasing plenty of others.

If this means ultimately the club is on a sound financial footing, then I think that will be a good thing for the team on the pitch.

Guest GhostHunter

Incredible.

Here's what Csaba actually said...

Asked today about Farkas and Martin, Laszlo was reluctant to go into detail, saying only: "I know these players but I cannot talk about this. We still have some possibilities."

Here's what the Banderson came up with....

RECREATIVO de Huelva forward Ersen Martin and Artmedia Bratislava defender Pavol Farkas remain signing targets for Hearts despite the transfer window closing last night

Pfft

Rudolf's Mate
I know.

They were aware of it coming in though surely.

Get everything done before the cash comes. If it doesnt have loans/frees as backup just in case.

Contingency planning.

Nail on the head. You get to a point where the deal is practically done bar signing the paperwork and it we don't get any cash in (sell anyone) then you simply pull out of the deal. If the club have waited until they were sure the money for Berra was coming in before even trying to find out about someone then that is bad.

Incredible.

Here's what Csaba actually said...

Here's what the Banderson came up with....

Pfft

I read the possibilities bit as maybe short term deals for free agents until the end of the season maybe?

I don't understand why we were looking at a 6"5 striker when we have already got Nade as our target man? Surely we should've been looking for a goalscorer who could play off Nade rather than someone who's got a lot of height and strength.

Laszlo's explained that he wants a tall target man and he thinks that Glen and Elliot are capable of playing in the channels off a target man. I don't think Nade is good enough in the air or mobile enough for this role - elephants cannot jump.

Maybe Martin could negotiate an early release from his contract and could sign for us as a free agent?

Great news about the Liths being sent home after their trial - I'm astounded (although not really surprised!) that JR the Hatkicker has managed to find a negative in this news!

Its easy to be pessimistic - the losers way out - as you can only ever be proved right or pleasantly surprised. Positivity breeds positivity though.

Seymour M Hersh
Great.

Pity we could have done with them now, eh.

33 days of open window. Jesus.:(

It's not just us. How many other teams waited until the last weekend? They have to get rid of these ridiculous transfer windows. What other multi billion pound industry is only allowed to recruit key members of staff just twice year.

Laszlo's explained that he wants a tall target man and he thinks that Glen and Elliot are capable of playing in the channels off a target man. I don't think Nade is good enough in the air or mobile enough for this role - elephants cannot jump.

Maybe Martin could negotiate an early release from his contract and could sign for us as a free agent?

Great news about the Liths being sent home after their trial - I'm astounded (although not really surprised!) that JR the Hatkicker has managed to find a negative in this news!

Its easy to be pessimistic - the losers way out - as you can only ever be proved right or pleasantly surprised. Positivity breeds positivity though.

He would need to have been released during the window to sign now as a free agent.

Nade is neither a target man or a poacher.

He's something in between. I just don't know what that is!

FWIW, I think he'd be a great player in a team that plays with three up front, not one. In the same sort of role as Ricardo Fuller had for a very attacking Portsmouth team, a few years ago.

Buffalo Bill

Spitonastranger

We could have looked at brining black in before the summer with the money from Berra, although we are strong in midfield, this may have allowed us to drop Kari back into CH position intil the summer

Guest S.U.S.S.

Well done Vlad, as usual ****ed us over.

No replacement for Berra, perhaps fair enough we can maybe cover him.

But no Striker? get a grip you short arsed little dancing ****bag.

Archived