Sportscene a Joke

Jamboinparis

Watching it just now, cant believe the commentary and the pundits having a blatant laugh at our expense.

"Bruno left scratching his head" - The guy just had a head knock, with the ref should have stopped play for.

How did the ref not spot the handballs?!

And of course we deserved the penalty! How can that Murdo celtic fud say otherwise?!

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Did i just hear that complete t1tbag correct, the play shouldnt have been stopped when bruno got the headknock, wasnt a handball just before hamilton scored, nielsen fouled mccarthy outside the box but it was still a penalty and it wasnt a penalty for hearts as it wasnt a handball! what an absolute joke that guy is!

It's a pathetic attempt at a highlights programme! The people on it are complete fuds aswell!!

Indeed.

Never bothered watching it before as the highlights are on the BBC website anyway, but after reading some of the comments on here before about Pat Nevin and other bias, I wanted to check it out for myself. Absolutely astounding.

I think of myself as a level-headed guy, but it is CLEAR to see the BBC journo clique really do have something again Hearts. Any excuse to have a dig or a laugh is never missed.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

We never get handballs these days

I think I counted six or so the other week at tynecastle but we got hee haw

aye was having a wee swear at that myself, defo hearts pen, ref should have stopped play when burno was down, did n't think robbies tackle was a pen. If it had happened to smeltic Murdo would have changed this tune. Richard Gordon's no much better, get wee Robbo on sportscene for an unbiased view of the JT's!

it's an embarrassment of a programme. they have a very un-diverse gene pool of so-called expert pundits that they rely on. total clowns like paterson, murdo mcceltic and the bitter wee nyaff nevin.

compared to the football coverage in england, bbc scotland is a 3rd world country. a complete joke.

Murdo Mcleod what a tosser his analysing the Hearts game both players were jugglin the ball the ref got it right by not awarding Hearts a penalty and robbie was pullin the shirt even inside the box so the ref was right again in awarding Hamiltons penalty i`ll have to go and get some specs, he also must have went to weegie school of corrupt refs in his younger days.:eek:

Tynecastle Valhalla

absolute jokers the lot of them.

they are probably having a laugh at our expense behind the scenes.

unbelievable..to think you would ever get a fair comment about a hearts game from murdo mcleod is taking the **** really..at least with scotsport john colqhoun had a right go at andy walker and grant sprott with biased commentary..we miss you john! everyone else hates us at least you were fair and fought our corner when it was justified!!

:108years:

this_is_my_story
Never bothered watching it before as the highlights are on the BBC website anyway, but after reading some of the comments on here before about Pat Nevin and other bias, I wanted to check it out for myself. Absolutely astounding.

I think of myself as a level-headed guy, but it is CLEAR to see the BBC journo clique really do have something again Hearts. Any excuse to have a dig or a laugh is never missed.

I've often thought of myself as surely being a little paranoid for thinking that there's an anti-HMFC agenda anywhere, whether it be the press, SFA or whatever else... but you do have to wonder when you hear the likes of MacLeod saying that the ref's got it right when it's probably one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see. He's a stunted little moronic tit.

Murder McLeod reckoned their blatant handball in the box wasn't a handball, because it hit him in the chest. Aye whatever Murdo, you do know we can see the pictures too don't you? A more blatant handball I have never seen, apart from the one just before the corner that led to their first and of course, and Barry Ferguson's basketball thing in the League Cup semi last season. And in all three of those incidents there was an official standing watching it from 5 yards away. No wonder we think they're biased against us.

On a different, though similar subject how soft was the penalty Rangers got against Dundee Utd?

bit off subject but since you mention Pat Nevin, saw him in Glasgow last week getting in to his car, a bit unsteady on his feet shall we say.

Murder McLeod reckoned their blatant handball in the box wasn't a handball, because it hit him in the chest. Aye whatever Murdo, you do know we can see the pictures too don't you? A more blatant handball I have never seen, apart from the one just before the corner that led to their first and of course, and Barry Ferguson's basketball thing in the League Cup semi last season. And in all three of those incidents there was an official standing watching it from 5 yards away. No wonder we think they're biased against us.

On a different, though similar subject how soft was the penalty Rangers got against Dundee Utd?

A. Justice

B. Clever play

C. These things even themselves out

I'm sure one of the above will explain things more clearly :mad:

All a bunch of baws really.

Vlad took on the football establishment and Hearts took on the OF, very successfully at one point. It rocked their boat, their gravy train, and scared them senseless. This is their reaction to that, refs, establishment and media alike. The only way to get back at them is, over the next few years, to GIRU them. And I look forward to us doing exactly that. :)

stirlingshirejambo

I had to laugh when both the commentator then Murdo laughed at both players handling it in the run up to the first goal. Doesn't matter if they both handled it but matters who handles it first. Richard Gordon tried to make the point but Murdo laughed it off and cringeworthy Gordon just crept back into his shell.

Murdo hates Hearts with a passion. He probably hates Rabngers just as much but needs his cushy wee job with the weegie TV so takes it out on Hearts.

A pitiful excuse of a man

Vlad took on the football establishment and Hearts took on the OF, very successfully at one point. It rocked their boat, their gravy train, and scared them senseless. This is their reaction to that, refs, establishment and media alike. The only way to get back at them is, over the next few years, to GIRU them. And I look forward to us doing exactly that. :)

He may have 'took them on', but he bottled it. Could've stuffed it right to them all but he walked away and left us holding the pish pot.

If only he'd gone through with it and built on the 05/06 season, then I'd have to say he really went for it, but all he did was kick the bully in the shins and let his mates get a doin'.

It's a pathetic attempt at a highlights programme! The people on it are complete fuds aswell!!

To qualify to be on the programme you have to be an ex old firm player or better still an old firm fan who hates HMFC and Lithuanians.

Thought at least Gordon was squirming in his seat, a tad, when that fud was dismissing every point he questioned over poor refereeing! Just taking in Setanta now, which will be just as bad, with Tangoman and Scruffy! Geeeez!:ahhhhhhh:

He may have 'took them on', but he bottled it. Could've stuffed it right to them all but he walked away and left us holding the pish pot.

If only he'd gone through with it and built on the 05/06 season, then I'd have to say he really went for it, but all he did was kick the bully in the shins and let his mates get a doin'.

True DR, and he also didn't go about it in the right way as regards the manner of his criticisms etc. I don't think he really thought things through on serveral counts to be honest. But that means nothing to the establishment - the very fact that he and we took then on, and looked at a time as if we might do it, was enough to frighten their little cotton socks off. And I'm happy about that, if someone's going to take them on I'd rather it were us. It's just going to be a wee bit harder now that we've given them a bit of immunisation. :rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60
Murdo Mcleod what a tosser his analysing the Hearts game both players were jugglin the ball the ref got it right by not awarding Hearts a penalty and robbie was pullin the shirt even inside the box so the ref was right again in awarding Hamiltons penalty i`ll have to go and get some specs, he also must have went to weegie school of corrupt refs in his younger days.:eek:

No prob the Doug is on it.

MM is a typical waste of space.

Asked him for a square go , no reply .

He yo

InNothingWeTrust

didnt see sportscene as i watched it on setanta, but they dont sound half as bad as sportscene "pundits". at least they agreed that the ref had got it wrong for both handballs. the handball in the box was so blatant that the hamilton lad stopped, as did everyone else, because he knew what should have come next.

joke

Surprise, surprise! Take it all back, this time!:eek:

Thought at least Gordon was squirming in his seat, a tad, when that fud was dismissing every point he questioned over poor refereeing! Just taking in Setanta now, which will be just as bad, with Tangoman and Scruffy! Geeeez!:ahhhhhhh:

When it was on ITV is was atrocious as well, but at least then we used to have John Colquhoun fighting our corner. Used to love watching him counter the presenters ill-informed put-downs.

The best when when he exploded after they asked him if it was right that Gordon come back into the team in place of Banks who had been doing so well, when they had sat there for the past few weeks laughing at what a farce it was to be playing Banks instead of Gordon. Remember he tore them a new one :D

Murder thought that the Hamilton pen was a stonewaller as was the Rankers one.

Wonder if he'd have thought the same if either of them was against his beloved smeltic?

Aye right he would

Murder thought that the Hamilton pen was a stonewaller as was the Rankers one.

Wonder if he'd have thought the same if either of them was against his beloved smeltic?

Aye right he would

For what it is worth I thought that the Aiden McGeady one was a stick on penalty for them but the commentator said he went down to easily.

Could it just be that the BBC et all think that if you tell lies often enough people will begin to believe you.

We are fed a 2-3 minute snapshot of a 90 minute game and are subjected to rubbish commentary that is obviously nonsense. Can they not have a look at what they are going to show and do a new commentary for that? Or perhaps they do.

SectionDJambo

Mcleod once had a go at Eammon Bannon on TV about how he had been on an open top bus with Hibs with the Skol Cup and Hearts didn't know what it was like.

Well you twisted Hibby clown, we certainly know now,but with a real trophy twice since then , and unlike the hoofballers, we still have a wee chance of doing it again later this year.

He dislikes us with a passion, and I wouldn't have it any other way, because he and his mob are still hurting.

Are we Hearts fans really that paranoid and sensitive that we get upset over what some studio pundit says about us.

I think we should take a wee step back and remember that we have Paul Mitchell (The best Scottish commentator), Robbo (The wittiest and most erudite pundit) and Alan Preston (The most blatantly partisan summariser ever), all in the BBC clique, and all capable of fighting our corner.

Watching it just now, cant believe the commentary and the pundits having a blatant laugh at our expense.

"Bruno left scratching his head" - The guy just had a head knock, with the ref should have stopped play for.

How did the ref not spot the handballs?!

And of course we deserved the penalty! How can that Murdo celtic fud say otherwise?!

He still hasn't recovered from that famous ball in the face/headknock.

Chad Sexington

I think we should take a wee step back and remember that we have Paul Mitchell (The best Scottish commentator)

If he's the best Scottish commentator, we really are in trouble.

He's horrific.

JUST DON'T WATCH IT!

I stopped a long time ago... prefer to watch it on santa tv or even the net... at least you don't get that ginger sheep lovin tosser smirking his way through a player by player character assasination of the jambos and some other wee hobo rat fud agreein wi him that Hearts shouldn't get any of the decisions!

He's horrific.

We are in trouble - That's why setanta have an Englishman doing the SPL

Wooooof/Stramash no more.

The most blatant one was when Murdo said that the Hamilton boy used his chest, not his hand. Now, if that was MOTD in England, they would have analysed the tape before going on air, slowed it down, etc. (not that that was necessary so blatant was the handball).

In other words, they'd have done some preparation. Not so Murdo. Just saying the first thing that came into his head.

At least Richard Gordon pointed out that when two players handle the ball, you would generally penalise the first one to handle.

I'm not sure about Robbie's part though. He did start to foul outside the area. Presumably ref gave advantage at that point. The contact inside the box looked minimal; could have gone either way.

Bruno's head injury: our (not altogether undeserved) reputation for diving wouldn't have helped.

willie wallace

Even Tangoman and Jim Duffy on Setanta thought the decisions against Hearts were a bit soft and John Hartson on Sunday said much the same.Many of the newspapers failed to even mention them and gave the ref good marks

Many in the press have a go at Hearts in their columns and maybe they have their reasons for this but surely match reports should stick to the facts and even if you do not agree with certain contentious decisions they should be certainly highlighted.

He's horrific.

Horrific or not (and I don't agree that he is) he is the best Scottish commentator, and a lifelong Jambo.

Chad Sexington
Horrific or not (and I don't agree that he is) he is the best Scottish commentator, and a lifelong Jambo.

He's rubbish.

I couldn't care less if he's supposedly a Hearts fan or not.

His nasally, whiny voice is torturous to listen to and his use of stats is an embarrassment.

Didn't he come out with some completely random, and completely inaccurate, factoid during the cup game? Something along the lines of, "That's the first time Hearts have scored twice at Easter Road in 20 years" or something.

I'm sure there must be hundreds of people infinitely more capable than that idiot, but we'll never find out. He's in the Glasgow Beeb mafia now and more than likely has a job for life.

The People's Chimp
it's an embarrassment of a programme. they have a very un-diverse gene pool of so-called expert pundits that they rely on. total clowns like paterson, murdo mcceltic and the bitter wee nyaff nevin.

compared to the football coverage in england, bbc scotland is a 3rd world country. a complete joke.

I didn't see it, as I usually refuse to watch it; one of the reasons being that contemptible fool Patterson. I can't stand the man. He's also got to be up their in the race to earn the crown of 'most blatantly biased against hearts' which is no mean feat. He's an absolute moron.

The People's Chimp

What is really needed is for someone at BBC scotland to realise that with some production values and at least a few brain cells, we could actually have a decent highlights programme. MOTD is embarassingly superior as a product.

Richard Gordon - I used to think you were OK, but not any more. How can you sit and listen to those "pundits" talking bolx about the two penalties and the Combe "it was only a yellow card" analysis.

What is really needed is for someone at BBC scotland to realise that with some production values and at least a few brain cells, we could actually have a decent highlights programme. MOTD is embarassingly superior as a product.

What saddens me the most is that they either aren't sufficiently CAPABLE to recognise that it's p1sh or worse still they just simply don't care ?

Maybe the Sports dept is away down the corridor and they are just left to their own devices while the rest get on with 'real' broadcasting. However that's a joke too as the news staff actually allow the same rank sports content to appear in their networked tea-time report. I don't know what the Beeb in London think, although it's probably just the frozen North as far as they are concerned.

He's rubbish.

I couldn't care less if he's supposedly a Hearts fan or not.

His nasally, whiny voice is torturous to listen to and his use of stats is an embarrassment.

Didn't he come out with some completely random, and completely inaccurate, factoid during the cup game? Something along the lines of, "That's the first time Hearts have scored twice at Easter Road in 20 years" or something.

I'm sure there must be hundreds of people infinitely more capable than that idiot, but we'll never find out. He's in the Glasgow Beeb mafia now and more than likely has a job for life.

I would rather have that bird who does Match of the Day than Paul Mitchell.

Yer a sensative bunch you lot!!!

Bring back Scotsport?!?!

:eek:

Ive been saying that for months.

1 John Colquhoun !!

Carl Spackler

I didn't see Sportscene last night but I did see it last week and it was pretty good. It was Richard Gordon and some bloke who I didn't know but who talked alot of sense and seemed pretty intelligent!

It wasn't Murdo Mcleod!

Bring back Scotsport!:laugh: In fact, is there not a smiley that's greetin' because if they did bring back STV's effort I certainly would be!

I really don't mind Pat Nevin. I know he's a Hibby but he's alright usually. I've even started thinking Jim Traynor is OK which I never thought I would say.

Chick however, can get tae France!*

*and not at my expense again

The People's Chimp
What saddens me the most is that they either aren't sufficiently CAPABLE to recognise that it's p1sh or worse still they just simply don't care ?

Maybe the Sports dept is away down the corridor and they are just left to their own devices while the rest get on with 'real' broadcasting. However that's a joke too as the news staff actually allow the same rank sports content to appear in their networked tea-time report. I don't know what the Beeb in London think, although it's probably just the frozen North as far as they are concerned.

You're right. It's an utter embarassment and only helps contribute to the view of our league as a small time parochial joke.

There is never ANY real debate on controversial issues, no one puts their head above the parapet, nobody criticises joke decisions at the SFA and so it carries on. the fact that the moron in chief of the SFA is an ex pundit says it all.

I was however pleased to note that in lovell's een column he has a pop at sellik signing willo flood, and the OF signing policy which is designed to weaken other teams and let good players rot.

For anyone disgruntled with Murdo I refer you to my post on the 14th of July last year. It should cheer you up. See here

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21209&highlight=Murdo+Mcleod#post378994

LOL forgot about that one.

Never mind they are going to put a memory clinic in every town and they may be able to help Murdo recall that before his brain trauma v Brazil the he was just as stupid and biased as he is now:laugh:

stirlingshirejambo

that might have been Stephen Craiga. Comes across very honest knowledgable and articulate. Looks completely at ease with the camera too. Omly problem is he makes the rest look even dumber than they are

Archived