SPL Biggest Spenders?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

I'm not sure how much Celtic paid for Flood or the Irish player as well as a few youth signings they made but is our ?180K for Balogh the single biggest fee paid by an SPL club this January window? Are Hearts the SPL's biggest spenders?

We haven't spent anything bar the loan fee for Balogh.

Anyway, it isn't about what you spend, it is how you spend it.

I'm not sure how much Celtic paid for Flood or the Irish player as well as a few youth signings they made but is our ?180K for Balogh the single biggest fee paid by an SPL club this January window? Are Hearts the SPL's biggest spenders?

Not paid anything for Balogh....yet

Charlie-Brown
Not paid anything for Balogh....yet

Possibly not but it was the biggest single spend sanctioned by any SPL club this transfer window (with the possible exception of Celtic?).

Certainly David Murray, Rod the Tache, Wiggy Milne, Thomson Junior, erse-Boyle etc didn't invest any more in their team than Hearts did.

It is true that we also received the most transfer fee income .... probaly about 75% of all SPL transfer income received this window.

Possibly not but it was the biggest single spend sanctioned by any SPL club this transfer window (with the possible exception of Celtic?).

Certainly David Murray, Rod the Tache, Wiggy Milne, Thomson Junior, erse-Boyle etc didn't invest any more in their team than Hearts did.

It is true that we also received the most transfer fee income .... probaly about 75% of all SPL transfer income received this window.

Yep, not the striker we wanted, but

In.

2.5M

Balogh

Young Kaunus kid

Black pre contract

Out.

Christophe Berra

Anthony Basso

Audrius Ksanavicius

Juho Makela

Matej Rapnik

Dumitru Copil

Craig Sives

Ciaran Coll

Jordon Love

Shaun Kelly

Alistair Devine

Sean Mackle

Jamie Mole (loan).

Is there a team in the SPL who have weakened themselves as much as we have in the transfer window ?

Its a right laugh that the Romanov apologists have to count Balogh as a transfer window signing, given that he's been here since August and we havent paid for him yet. All that happened with Balogh was that we didnt lose him. He is not a signing !!!

Guest JamboRobbo
Is there a team in the SPL who have weakened themselves as much as we have in the transfer window ?

Its a right laugh that the Romanov apologists have to count Balogh as a transfer window signing, given that he's been here since August and we havent paid for him yet. All that happened with Balogh was that we didnt lose him. He is not a signing !!!

Agreed - we held onto Ballogh, we lost Berra. You'd think he was a new signing the way some are going on about it.

Agreed - we held onto Ballogh, we lost Berra. You'd think he was a new signing the way some are going on about it.

How dare you, in any way shape or form, try to detract stature from a man with "The" in his name :laugh:

Charlie-Brown

United lost Flood (& S.Robertson through injury) , Motherwell lost Porter both very much key players for them - neither team signed proven SPL players as replacements.

Guest JamboRobbo
United lost Flood (& S.Robertson through injury) , Motherwell lost Porter both very much key players for them - neither team signed proven SPL players as replacements.

Ah, great, I'm off to celebrate.

Have to agree - I dont see many positives to come from this to be honest.

Its not like we're going to see any of that 2.5m either.

Charlie-Brown
Ah, great, I'm off to celebrate.

I thought you'd already be celebrating that the 'Kaunas diddies' weren't signed or is the party this weekend? :mw_rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
I thought you'd already be celebrating that the 'Kaunas diddies' weren't signed or is the party this weekend? :mw_rolleyes:

You actually believe they weren't signed? Give it a couple of days till everyone cools off, then we'll announce that we signed them.....

Didn't they? I thought the announcement on the Hearts official site suggested that they were over on loan?

Charlie-Brown

At the end of the scott crabbe article it says they returned home, presumably as driver & kingston etc didnt go they weren't needed yet.

Ridiculous comment. Until this transfer window, Balogh was simply on loan to us. We have now bought him in much the same way as every other purchase deal is done these days - some money up front with further payments to come. He has now been registered as a player owned by Hearts. The fact that we have not paid the full fee yet, is utterly irrelevant. On that basis, would you argue that Craig Gordon isn't really a Sunderland player?

Baolgh came to Hearts in the summer as a loan player and now we have bought him. He is definitely a signing. Put it this way, if we hadn't signed him, this board would have gone into meltdown.

At the end of the scott crabbe article it says they returned home, presumably as driver & kingston etc didnt go they weren't needed yet.

I didn't see that.

I am a little disappointed that Cinikas went home tbh. I would have given him a chance before Kingston.

Didn't they? I thought the announcement on the Hearts official site suggested that they were over on loan?

Didn't the article on the offishul site suggest a 'trial'?

Wasn't it one of the players who had claimed to have signed until the end of the season?

Or have I got it the wrong way round?

:o

Didn't the article on the offishul site suggest a 'trial'?

Wasn't it one of the players who had claimed to have signed until the end of the season?

Or have I got it the wrong way round?

:o

As CB mentions above, the article with Scott Crabbe on the official site has a bit at the end saying they went home.

Bit disappointed that Cinikas (the one that suggested he had signed for the season) has went home, didn't know anything about the other guy.

Rangers brought in no one, zero, zilch, nothing:tongue:

Did they weaken their team ? Did Celtic ? Did Aberdeen. and did Dundee Utd not bring someone in to cover for the loss of Flood (they did I just cant remember who it was). Christ even Motherwell signed player(s) to cover for the loss of Porter

My point stands. We are the ONLY team in the SPL who weakened their team overall in the transfer window

Ridiculous comment. Until this transfer window, Balogh was simply on loan to us. We have now bought him in much the same way as every other purchase deal is done these days - some money up front with further payments to come. He has now been registered as a player owned by Hearts. The fact that we have not paid the full fee yet, is utterly irrelevant. On that basis, would you argue that Craig Gordon isn't really a Sunderland player?

Baolgh came to Hearts in the summer as a loan player and now we have bought him. He is definitely a signing. Put it this way, if we hadn't signed him, this board would have gone into meltdown.

Balogh was a registered Hearts player in December. He's still a registered Hearts player. That is not a new signing (i.e the signing of a new player) by any stretch of the imagination.

Dont get me started about Craig Gordon because ?9 million pounds ought to have been enough to afford to replace HIM and sign a striker which we needed than and amazingly still need but we havent ever done either

Frankenstein Jambo.
Balogh was a registered Hearts player in December. He's still a registered Hearts player. That is not a new signing (i.e the signing of a new player) by any stretch of the imagination.Dont get me started about Craig Gordon because ?9 million pounds ought to have been enough to afford to replace HIM and sign a striker which we needed than and amazingly still need but we havent ever done either
That word highlighted in bold contradicts everything you said afterward. He WAS A Hearts player in december but then went back to becoming a Debrecen player after his loan finished. Hearts then took up a clause which allowed us to sign him. So he now a new signing because like you said, he wasn't a hearts registerd player when we signed him.

Archived