HAS ROMANOV DELIVERED? (merged threads)

HEARTS FOREVER

HEARTS FOREVER

Have we comprised our quest for third place?

Has VR let Csaba down?

Has he and Csaba been kidding the fans all along?

Has this been a typical now show window for Hearts?

The next wee while is crucial for our season.

HEARTS FOREVER

Have we compromised our quest for third place?

Has VR let Csaba down?

Hope the fans have not been let down again with this carrot dangling charade yet again.

Have we comprised our quest for third place? No.

Has VR let Csaba down? How?

Has he and Csaba been kidding the fans all along? About what?

Has this been a typical now show window for Hearts? Yes.

The next wee while is crucial for our season. You don't say.

PS - update you're signature.

nah dont think he has dissapointed. 2.3 mill is not a bad piece of business in the curent financial climate. we have also been able to hold on to a few of our other players like driver, kingston, etc and these are the players who will get you most goals which is where were lacking at the moment

Charlie-Brown

Disappointed if they haven't been able to sign a striker but selling Berra & releasing several players should help the club finances & make squad numbers more manageable.

Given a mass fire-sale clearout was predicted it wasn't so bad.

HEARTS FOREVER

Ha ha! not been on for a while and forgot about that!

Some would say we still do!

Lets hope after today our manager doesn't feel a bit let down by the transfer proceedings at the club.

Nucky Thompson
Ha ha! not been on for a while

Why is that? because there has not been a lot of dirt for you to stir:mw_rolleyes:

We only lost Berra, so I suppose things could have been worse. However, not bringing in a striker means we are unlikley to get a european place IMO. I am very disapointed we couldn't even get someone in on lone, clubs like Motherwell seem to be able to do it but we can't.

An injury to Nade or in the center of defence will effectivly end our season.

In a time where people are concerned about our finances, the failure to sign a replacement for Berra and the much needed striker will cost us third and will most likely cost us Europe IMO.

The money from a European run could have bolstered our accounts, well played Hearts.

In a time where people are concerned about our finances, the failure to sign a replacement for Berra and the much needed striker will cost us third and will most likely cost us Europe IMO.

The money from a European run could have bolstered our accounts, well played Hearts.

No chance of European football now I think.

Laszlo's choices of players/knowledge of player costs etc must come under scrutiny too. 25 players on his list to VR and not one of them signed.

Charlie-Brown

Is there 2 threads? where's my post?

Anyway nice to see you HF :thumb:

In fact - absolutely first class! :Hearts man dance:

Disappointed if they haven't been able to sign a striker but selling Berra & releasing several players should help the club finances & make squad numbers more manageable.

If we fail to make Europe then these transfer dealings will hit our finances.

Any chance you could tell me what our current first team squad numbers at now?

Our squad numbers were not at the high, unmanageable level that some would have you believe.

Have we compromised our quest for third place?

Has VR let Csaba down?

Hope the fans have not been let down again with this carrot dangling charade yet again.

We will be lucky to finish inthe top 6 now. Berra going has seriously weakened the defence as evident by the Hamilton humiliation... still we have no striker who knows where the goals are.

We have won scrappy games all season and now with the likes of Utd, Well, Sheep and hobos maintaining their squads... our shot shy team have a big problem staying in the top 6!

The only thing that would have compensated for the loss of Berra was the addition of a DECENT striker... we have been short changed BIG TIME!

HEARTS FOREVER
Is there 2 threads? where's my post?

Anyway nice to see you HF :thumb:

In fact - absolutely first class! :Hearts man dance:

Nice to see you Charlie!!!!

ABSOLUTELY FIRST CLASS !!!:laugh:

NO STRIKER - Fact!

NO EUROPE - Speculation!

NO NEW INCOME. - Speculation!

I look forward to the return of the daily Vlad GTF threads.

Welcome back.

Francis Albert

Can someone explain the theory of this "carrot dangling"? Surely any benefit from "dangling the carrot" is bound to be more than offset by the disappointment when the carrot is undangled?

I remember thinking in August that our failure to sign a striker would really hurt us this season. So far we've got by but this time it really will cost us. At least in August, Nade was still coming back and we still hadn't seen Tullberg.

We didn't need to spend a lot of money on a replacement, you only need to look at some of the strikers that the rest of the SPL have signed in the last six months to tell you that. Not only could it cost us money in terms of the league and Europe but also in the Scottish Cup.

HEARTS FOREVER
I look forward to the return of the daily Vlad GTF threads.

Welcome back.

No this is a HF deadline day sort of Christmas special.

This place does my health NO good! lol

Gutted.

Needed a striker so badly..........for how long now?

siegementality
Have we comprised our quest for third place?

Has VR let Csaba down?

YES

YES

YES

YES

Hearts

2 Robbie Neilson

3 Lee Wallace

4 Christophe Berra

5 Christos Karipidis

6 Ruben Palazuelos

7 Saulius Mikoliunas

8 Bruno Aguiar

9 Mike Tullberg

10 Laryea Kingston

11 Andrew Driver

12 Janos Balogh

13 Steve Banks

14 Christian Nade

16 Adrian Mrowiec

17 David Obua

18 Deividas Cesnauskis

20 Jason Thomson

21 Eggert Jonsson

22 Calum Elliot

23 Michael Stewart

25 Marian Kello

26 Marius Zaliukas

30 Jamie MacDonald

39 Ryan McGowan

42 David Templeton

51 Gary Glen

26, of those, Templeton has never played for us, Tullberg has only played once, Mrowiec has only played twice, McGowan has only played twice (IIRC)

We did not need to shed loads of players.

Slightly off topic but didn't feel it was worth a new thread.

When is Tullberg due back?

He's been out for ages.

HEARTS FOREVER
Hearts

2 Robbie Neilson

3 Lee Wallace

4 Christophe Berra

5 Christos Karipidis

6 Ruben Palazuelos

7 Saulius Mikoliunas

8 Bruno Aguiar

9 Mike Tullberg

10 Laryea Kingston

11 Andrew Driver

12 Janos Balogh

13 Steve Banks

14 Christian Nade

16 Adrian Mrowiec

17 David Obua

18 Deividas Cesnauskis

20 Jason Thomson

21 Eggert Jonsson

22 Calum Elliot

23 Michael Stewart

25 Marian Kello

26 Marius Zaliukas

30 Jamie MacDonald

39 Ryan McGowan

42 David Templeton

51 Gary Glen

26, of those, Templeton has never played for us, Tullberg has only played once, Mrowiec has only played twice, McGowan has only played twice (IIRC)

We did not need to shed loads of players.

We have needed a striker for around 18 months.

The clubs signing policy is a joke and i imagine Csaba feels very let down at this moment in time.

Slightly off topic but didn't feel it was worth a new thread.

When is Tullberg due back?

He's been out for ages.

He was being touted for being released from his loan period last week - looks like someone has changed their mind as he's not on the list of players leaving / released on the official web site.

letsmakesomenoise
Have we comprised our quest for third place? Yes

Has VR let Csaba down? Big Time

Has he and Csaba been kidding the fans all along? Oh Yes

Has this been a typical now show window for Hearts? And once again yes

:mad::mad::mad:

HEARTS FOREVER
He has come into the country with an empty suitcase put 2-3million in it and gone away again.

:mad:

Wasn't so long ago he hopped off with 9 million.

When will Hearts fans learn?

I remember thinking in August that our failure to sign a striker would really hurt us this season. So far we've got by but this time it really will cost us. At least in August, Nade was still coming back and we still hadn't seen Tullberg.

We didn't need to spend a lot of money on a replacement, you only need to look at some of the strikers that the rest of the SPL have signed in the last six months to tell you that. Not only could it cost us money in terms of the league and Europe but also in the Scottish Cup.

spot on Martin, a striker on a free or for nominal fee could have done a job for us, we're worse off now as Berras gone. Probably cost us 3rd and a decent cup run which is a real shame, a little money might have had a greater return

I'm disapponited but not surprised the recent poll on kickback showed around 75% did nae think we'd signed a striker. Och well at least we did nae have to stay up until midnight this year!

Yes to the Op's question.

Its got to be Gary Glen or bust now, (hate putting pressure on the laddie) but hes our best option nade has improved but there has been not enough goals.

Interesting to hear from Dick Dung who was getting overly excited about our supposed 'demise' on Saturday as he thought a 'firesale' was about to happen!

Come on Chick lets hear from you now!!!

We are not in administration!

We have not sold all our best players!

We are still in the SCup!

We have the players to make third!

Come on Gary Glen you show em!!!!!

Let me make this clear first , i am not Nade's greatest fan however i am not convinced our problems stem only from not having a prolific striker. I am more concerned about the lack of clear cut chance we are making as a team . If we are playing with 5 in midfield then surely we should be dominating the middle of the park especially against lesser teams such as Hamilton however the recent evidence against these smaller teams would suggest there is a fundamental flaw in the quality of the players or system . If our striker was missing chance after chance then we could argue that it is solely the strikers lack of clinical finishing that is costing us points and a better goal difference. From what i have been watching this season most of our goals have not been contrived flowing moves but mostly opportunistic strikes which puts a hell of a pressure on our striker/s to score maybe there only chance in the game.

Paisley Jambo
He has come into the country with an empty suitcase put 2-3million in it and gone away again.

:mad:

He'll be back in the summer for the Driver money and to off load more of his Lithuanian crap. That's for sure.:mad:

Time will tell I suppose, but I seriously doubt that Romanov 'hopped off' with either the Craig Gordon money or the Berra money. His company is still saddled with Hearts large debt, he has to recover that money some how.

Get real!!!!!!

What a load of nonsense!!!!

A few KB's throwing their dummies out the pram tonight?

He'll be back in the summer for the Driver money and to off load more of his Lithuanian crap. That's for sure.:mad:

The last Lithuanian first team player to sign for Hearts was Ksanavicius back in 2007.

tartofmidlothian

Absolutely right. Plus at least we kept Balogh and tied up Black for the summer. Anything else would have been a bonus, though a shame not to at least try and fill the gap left by Berra.

Toxteth O'Grady

:smell_hobo::laugh:

I'd say no. I would assume he is placing all his faith in youth, or really that's what he'll say so all money comes in and none heads out.

Shall see though, if we get UEFA then the gamble worked, if not then the loss of Euro money won't help the club's finances at all.

I'd say though the main feck up was Farkas. If we can't even pull together a transfer to completion, who the hell is in charge of contracts and why ain't their arse fired by now??

The list of twenty-five players does not appear to have had much effect. Like the majority of others, I feel we should have strengthened the existing squad with one striker who could start immediately; this has not happened. Nonetheless, if our intention is to sign players who are almost out of contract I expect to hear us signing pre-contracts with players between now and the summer. If that doesn't materialise, I can't see us making significant progress.

Nucky Thompson

A few KB's throwing their dummies out the pram tonight?

There are a few people genuinely hacked off that we didn't get anybody in, but there is also others who were delighted just so they could spout their pish at VR. The same certain posters who you never hear from when we're knocking the Hobos out the Cup etc..

A mixture of good, bad, indifferent and downright horrendous news.

Good news - keeping Driver, Aguair, Jonsson and Karipidis. Binning Makela, Basso, Ksanaviius, Mole and several primadonna youngsters. Not shipping in a whole load of Kaunas dross.

Bad news - losing Berra for a fairly mediocre amount when he was easily our best defender. The return of Clum. Robbie Neilson new Hearts captain (nice lad, good pro but deary dear).

Indifferent news - signing Balogh (when we never had much money it should have been spent on a striker not a keeper who is not much better than the other's we have). Not replacing Berra meaning we are now relying on playing Jonsson at centre half. Csaba has in the main been refreshing and positive this season but the suspicion remains he has little influence over building his own squad.

Horrendous news - the complete ineptitude of HMFC in not bringing in at least one striker. Given that it had been obvious for 5 months that our 'strikers' were completely useless it was bad enough we had nobody ready to come in for the first week in January but to get to the end of the transfer window and still have nobody in is an utter disgrace. It shows that Romanov is completely removed from the situation we have been in and frankly clueless to the absolute crap we have had to watch playing up front. Clubs like Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Falkirk and Motherwell actually have better options up front than us. Totally pathetic and may well cost us European football.

Archived