Copil leaves, and more

tartofmidlothian

loveofthegame

Robert Adam has left Hearts to go on loan to Tynecastle for rest of the season!!

FFS i played for them for 5 years- i won't expect to see him in our first team any time soon then...

Trying to squeeze every last penny off the wage bill to bring in some new faces in the next 2 hours I hope!

Wow - he gets to play at Fernieside everyweek - surely he could have went to a 3rd or 2nd division club??

he can kiss his career goodbye - Eymouth away next Robert!!!:laugh:

Is the Adam one not more likely a work permit thing?

Remember we had branny and a couple of guinian boys over who played for tynecastle as we couldnt sign them for hearts due to work permit rules.

" The future is youth", that's the noises coming from Tynecastle but , that's the 2nd? of our hot prospects out the door in a week.

Charlie-Brown

Tynecastle is usually where Hearts placed young players with WP issues, don't think Adam made any U19 appearances.

" The future is youth", that's the noises coming from Tynecastle but , that's the 2nd? of our hot prospects out the door in a week.

Rapnik was unsettled and wanted to go home, Copil has proven to be a terrible signing and wanted to go home too.

Its not idea but we still have better players on the books.

It's worrying if suggested they are being released purely for financial reasons as Peanut suggested in another thread,

jamboinglasgow

I dont think we should worry too much about it damaging our youth policy. Copil's mental side has always been a problem. Rapnik is a curious one, though I feel that it must be remembered that these players are brought over at a young age to a new country and there can be problems. The OZ lads have it a bit easier as there is a similar culture of the two countries and language is not a problem. I would say the Icelandic players have a similar view though we have lost two icelandic players as they feel it would be better becoming doctors than footballers which can be fair enough.

Tynecastle is usually where Hearts placed young players with WP issues, don't think Adam made any U19 appearances.

Thats my thinking, Branny played for them and so did Eggert iirc.

If players are unhappy, they are better off being away from the club. Over the last few years there's no doubting the talent we've had at the club but whether it's been their attitude or the fact they are unhappy, we've had little from many of them.

We only need players with a good attitude and want to give their all in every match.

ArmiyaRomanova

Before being too critical of either the young players or the club when things don't pan out, we should remember that for the most part these are (essentially) children leaving home and working (perhaps abroad) for the first time.

Regardless of what happens on the park, not all of them are going to be able to cope with the life changes involved, even assuming the club's best efforts to assist them.

Another piece of the original grand projet crumbles.

I remember all those statements about how we were attracting the cream of European youth to Riccarton. Many people got very carried away. When we saw who the scouts had been bringing for the first team, why would people expect that the youth team signings would be so much better?

Hopefully the clearout going on is a sign that things are going to be better run in future.

Another piece of the original grand projet crumbles.

I remember all those statements about how we were attracting the cream of European youth to Riccarton. Many people got very carried away. When we saw who the scouts had been bringing for the first team, why would people expect that the youth team signings would be so much better?

Hopefully the clearout going on is a sign that things are going to be better run in future.

Correct me if I am wrong but were there not other clubs in for a couple of these kids such as Copil. I am sure it was Celtic and we were praised for signing him. The fact he is leaving is all part of the risk when you sign youth.

The youth system at Tyncastle is very good. Gordon and Berra just 2 players from the youth set up that has brought in nearly 12 million. As you know there are many more.

Signing European youth will always be problematic with risks but this is not a reason not to do it!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but were there not other clubs in for a couple of these kids such as Copil. I am sure it was Celtic and we were praised for signing him. The fact he is leaving is all part of the risk when you sign youth.

The youth system at Tyncastle is very good. Gordon and Berra just 2 players from the youth set up that has brought in nearly 12 million. As you know there are many more.

Signing European youth will always be problematic with risks but this is not a reason not to do it!!!!

The youth development has brought through Gordon, Neilson, Wallace, Seve, Berra, Simmons, Jonsson, Driver, Glen in the past 10 years or so. Not a bad return and just short of another midfielder and a striker for a decent team.

But outside of Jonsson who was there in Robbo's time I think, I don't see any signs that the players signed 'as the cream of Europe's youth' are breaking through to the first team. Did the same people who scouted Makela/Besijla/Pinilla scout the European youth players?

blondejamtart
Before being too critical of either the young players or the club when things don't pan out, we should remember that for the most part these are (essentially) children leaving home and working (perhaps abroad) for the first time.

Regardless of what happens on the park, not all of them are going to be able to cope with the life changes involved, even assuming the club's best efforts to assist them.

Good point, and one I've previously made in relation to some of our younger foreign players. With the best will in the world, we are talking, in the main, about teenagers here, and not all will find it easy to adapt to life in a foreign country, especially if the language barrier is a problem. We shouldn't be surprised if these arrangements don't always work out. It doesn't necessarily point to faults on either side - homesickness, etc, may well play a part. Teenage boys can be a very difficult species at the best of times - even if most of you lot were one once! :)

If players are unhappy, they are better off being away from the club. Over the last few years there's no doubting the talent we've had at the club but whether it's been their attitude or the fact they are unhappy, we've had little from many of them.

We only need players with a good attitude and want to give their all in every match.

And also payer who want to play for Hearts F.C and not just arse about and not give a monkeys

The youth development has brought through Gordon, Neilson, Wallace, Seve, Berra, Simmons, Jonsson, Driver, Glen in the past 10 years or so. Not a bad return and just short of another midfielder and a striker for a decent team.

But outside of Jonsson who was there in Robbo's time I think, I don't see any signs that the players signed 'as the cream of Europe's youth' are breaking through to the first team. Did the same people who scouted Makela/Besijla/Pinilla scout the European youth players?

As I said:

'Signing European youth will always be problematic with risks but this is not a reason not to do it!!!!'

It certainly does not warrant your previous comment:

'Another piece of the original grand projet crumbles.'

You get a dig in at VR's expense whenever you can and as usual you are wide of the mark!

Although to be honest I am sure this bad weather is all his fault! This could be anoyther scoop for Dick Dung!

Excuse the ignorance, but who is Robert Adam? And where is he from?

He's a young american defender.

Archived