Seve - get him in quick

sdoffstl

Was at the Hamilton match yesterday and our defence were all over the place, Robbie's not too bad a full back but he's not a captain so hit me with all the flack you like but I believe we should go get Severin from the sheep and get him now.

Playing great as a centre back, better captain material than anyone else in our squad, no "settling in" time required and would rip the guts out of one of our rivals central defence. All that and a jambo to boot.

Open to discussion but I just can't see anyone else out there that we could get for next to nothing and slot in right away while knowing that he will provide improvement

Too slow to play midfield. Do you mean as a CB?

Yes - CB is his best position and it's where we would need him most. Also agree with your comment that he's too slow for midfield

vlad on the tyne
would take him for midfield and push karapidis back to replace berra if we can't get barr

karapidis is not a good CH, IMO he aint a row z defender when its required.

seve is a good shout, slower than a fortnight in soton but would be a good addition to the defence.

portobellojambo1

Only my opinion but I preferred Severin when he played the sweeper role for us, which is effectively now the CB role. Given that Berra now seems to be away I think this would be not a bad deal at all, bit of experience in the centre of the defence, good in that position and can offer leadership to the younger players.

Guest jambomickey
karapidis is not a good CH, IMO he aint a row z defender when its required.

seve is a good shout, slower than a fortnight in soton but would be a good addition to the defence.

agree to disagree mate! karapidis better at centre half than midfield imo

We won't sign him

No sell on value

Maybe no sell on value as such but it's not as though we would have to lay out much cash in order to get him.

IMO the real benefit is in what he would bring to us as a team right now and the improvements he could make to the players around him which in turn would help raise there values

Seve and a striker that could get us 10 or so goals between now and May would very possibly get us a european slot

rudi must stay
We won't sign him

No sell on value

the youngers that have sell-on value need experienced players around to help them. Severin would definatly do that, he also knows the club well so it wouldn't take him time to settle in

rudi must stay
Maybe Levein will fancy Seve as a replacement for Flood ?

is Severin not a defensive midfielder? Flood's more attacking minded. He may well go to Dundee Utd though Levein was his manager here for a while

In Seve's first 3 seasons at the sheep, when he played, they did quite well, when injured, they hardly won any (if any) games wiuthout him.

I'm not so sure we have better now that Berra is away.

Oh and I should add,

As as an ex player who wasn't forced out, stuff him. Irrespective of whether he would improve the current team or not. Well, in the minds of some anyway.

We've got better at the club.

Wasn't he meant to be in the Premiership by now?

Who are these people that are better already at the club

In Seve's first 3 seasons at the sheep, when he played, they did quite well, when injured, they hardly won any (if any) games wiuthout him.

Oh and I should add,

As as an ex player who wasn't forced out, stuff him. Irrespective of whether he would improve the current team or not. Well, in the minds of some anyway.

If you must know Seve tried to do the right thing by Hearts and get a good transfer fee as at the time there were 3 or 4 championship teams willing to pay ?1m for him. Next thing the TV money from ITV collapsed and there were no longer any bidders. He then said to Hearts that he would sign a new contract, but by then Levein had spent his budget and he was let go. So if you want somebody to blame then blame the Pieman.

Would have Seve back in an instant as he is more a jambo than you ever will be.

:108years:

Oh and I should add,

Apologies detty just re read your post and realise what you are saying , but it is a touchy subject with me due to peoples ignorance.

Toxteth O'Grady
Maybe no sell on value as such but it's not as though we would have to lay out much cash in order to get him.

IMO the real benefit is in what he would bring to us as a team right now and the improvements he could make to the players around him which in turn would help raise there values

Seve and a striker that could get us 10 or so goals between now and May would very possibly get us a european slot

Yes I agree with all of that but I am just trying to see it from Vlads more simplistic make a fast buck point of view.

We won't sign him.

If you must know Seve tried to do the right thing by Hearts and get a good transfer fee as at the time there were 3 or 4 championship teams willing to pay ?1m for him. Next thing the TV money from ITV collapsed and there were no longer any bidders. He then said to Hearts that he would sign a new contract, but by then Levein had spent his budget and he was let go. So if you want somebody to blame then blame the Pieman.

Would have Seve back in an instant as he is more a jambo than you ever will be.

:108years:

Was Seve not at the end of his contract?

badly drawn boy
Apologies detty just re read your post and realise what you are saying , but it is a touchy subject with me due to peoples ignorance.

Peoples ignorance hmmm , you quoted hes more a jambo than you will ever be to the above , in what way is he a jambo -because he played for the club ?

Are you suggesting hes a Hearts fan

Was at the Hamilton match yesterday and our defence were all over the place, Robbie's not too bad a full back but he's not a captain so hit me with all the flack you like but I believe we should go get Severin from the sheep and get him now.

Playing great as a centre back, better captain material than anyone else in our squad, no "settling in" time required and would rip the guts out of one of our rivals central defence. All that and a jambo to boot.

Open to discussion but I just can't see anyone else out there that we could get for next to nothing and slot in right away while knowing that he will provide improvement

Aint gonna happen.Fact

According to a sheep supporting friend of mine, one of the reasons Severin is hacked off at Aberdeen is because he is playing centre half i.e. he doesn't want to play that position and wants to play in the MF.

We have plenty worse players than severin in our squad. If we could get him cheap/free, then it's a no brainer.

We have plenty worse than Cinikas as well....

Guest JamboRobbo

how many times have you seen cinikas play to make that judgement? once on the telly? if he's better than so many players in our squad, I'm surprised that Csaba's judgement is that he's here to train only, and is nowhere near the first team.

how many times have you seen cinikas play to make that judgement? once on the telly? if he's better than so many players in our squad, I'm surprised that Csaba's judgement is that he's here to train only, and is nowhere near the first team.

That's for me to know and you to wonder.

good cop out.

Not exactly a cop out but don't make assumptions and then formulate an argument based on these assumptions.

Signing a player on the basis that there are worse players at the club is absolutely stupid.

According to a sheep supporting friend of mine, one of the reasons Severin is hacked off at Aberdeen is because he is playing centre half i.e. he doesn't want to play that position and wants to play in the MF.

Seve would be better than any of our remaining centre backs.

That he may be, although he apparently doesn't want to play in that position.

Guest JamboRobbo
Not exactly a cop out

right enough you didn't avoid answering a straightforward question cause it didn't suit your argument, so not exactly a cop out. :rofl:

but don't make assumptions and then formulate an argument based on these assumptions.

Says the man who assumes Cinikis is better than a lot of our squad, having seen him play once on the telly.

Signing a player on the basis that there are worse players at the club is absolutely stupid.

But not quite as stupid as signing players who, according to our manager, are only here to train cause they are not good enough for the first team......

right enough you didn't avoid answering a straightforward question cause it didn't suit your argument, so not exactly a cop out. :rofl:

Just not going to entertain your silly assumptions on which you will base a sillier argument and hi jack yet another thread.

Says the man who assumes Cinikis is better than a lot of our squad, having seen him play once on the telly.

Characteristic fabrication. Where did I say he was better than a lot of our squad. I simply re-iterated your nonsense that we should sign Seve because we have worse players.

But not quite as stupid as signing players who, according to our manager, are only here to train cause they are not good enough for the first team......

Well tonight's EEN (see extract below) suggests they HAVE been here on trial and are expected to sign LOAN deals. My interpretation of that is that they have indeed been on trial and up to now have NOT signed!!!!

Marius Cinikas and Vygantas Zubavicius, on trial from FBK Kaunas, were expected to agree loan deals.

Given that they have been here for 2 weeks training I don't think it is too much of a quantum leap to suggest that CL has observed them in training etc and has concluded they will add value to the squad.

Who are these people that are better already at the club

Jonsson, Karapidis, Palazuelos.

There's 3 right there.

And Ian Black's coming in for next season.

Guest JamboRobbo

Characteristic fabrication. Where did I say he was better than a lot of our squad.

Right here.

Of course I'm probably making huge assumptions again. i.e. when you say we have plenty worse than Cinikas, it means that you think Cinikas is better than plenty of our squad.....

There's 3 right there.

The top 3 may be (are all) better footballers but

- None, are currently as effective or as consistent as Severin in the SPL

- Karapidis and Palazuelos have virtually no sell on value despite their respective young ages.

-

Unless he breaks down with injury Severin would would provide 2/3 years of sterling service.

portobellojambo1

There's 3 right there.

All the players you have mentioned are midfielders Eck, and the actual thread is about the possibility of utilising Severin as a central defender (which I still maintain was where he played best for Hearts when used there).

If this thread had been about Seve coming back to take up one of the midfield roles I would have said no, because we have sufficient bodies to play in that area (it is just a case of trying to get the best out of them each week), but the possibility of getting a good central defender, who knows the club and can offer a bit of leadership is something I think is worth looking at.

In relation to him apparently not liking playing that position I ain't convinced by that, I think these may be defensive comments from an Aberdeen fan who doesn't want to see him leave them.

Right here.

That was a repeat of your nonsense.

Of course I'm probably making huge assumptions again. i.e. when you say we have plenty worse than Cinikas, it means that you think Cinikas is better than plenty of our squad.....

That was a repeat of your nonsense: don't you understand English? Incidentally I might add that if I had meant we had plenty worse than Cinikas it does not necessarily mean he is better than anybody; he could be of the same/similar standard. Once again you try to fabricate things to try and make yourself right.

Guest JamboRobbo
That was a repeat of your nonsense: don't you understand English? Incidentally I might add that if I had meant we had plenty worse than Cinikas it does not necessarily mean he is better than anybody; he could be of the same/similar standard. Once again you try to fabricate things to try and make yourself right.

:rofl:

So, us having plenty players worse than Cinikis doesn't mean that Cinikis is better than anyone?

In your opinion, he could be of the same/similar standard to the other players in our squad, but at the same time, the other players in our squad are worse than him?

How can anything be "worse" and be "the same"?

Based on the statements you're coming out with, it seems it is you who is having trouble with understanding English.

Guest S.U.S.S.

We can sign players that have not played for Hearts as well. Why do we always want to bring others back?

In saying that tho, Sev may be a decent shout.

:rofl:

So, us having plenty players worse than Cinikis doesn't mean that Cinikis is better than anyone?

In your opinion, he could be of the same/similar standard to the other players in our squad, but at the same time, the other players in our squad are worse than him?

How can anything be "worse" and be "the same"?

Based on the statements you're coming out with, it seems it is you who is having trouble with understanding English.

You really should be getting on with your work: that's what your works computer is for.

I didn't say "worse" and "same" were synonymous. They were possible alternatives to "better".

As regards English I take it you mean "our" .

In relation to him apparently not liking playing that position I ain't convinced by that, I think these may be defensive comments from an Aberdeen fan who doesn't want to see him leave them.

Perhaps PJ1, although my mate went on to say if he did go then he want Anderson back...so probably all baloney. :mw_rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

I didn't say "worse" and "same" were synonymous. They were possible alternatives to "better".

As regards English I take it you mean "our" .

Incidentally I might add that if I had meant we had plenty worse than Cinikas it does not necessarily mean he is better than anybody;

:rofl: :rofl:

Still waiting on you to explain how it's possible for X to be worse than Y, without it meaning that Y is better than X.

just admit it, you were wrong. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Still waiting on you to explain how it's possible for X to be worse than Y, without it meaning that Y is better than X.

just admit it, you were wrong. :rofl:

When X=Y.

You're not really that thick, are you? If Cinikas is not worse than say Miko, that does not necessarily mean he is better - he could be just as good as him.

Now get on with your work. Britain needs you.

Archived