Which of the two would you rather beat in a Scottish Cup final?

Craigieboy

Which of the two would you rather beat in a Scottish Cup final?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which of the two would you rather beat in a Scottish Cup final?

• Rangers
    • Celtic

Falkirk ????????????

Put the top back on the bottle of nightnurse.

never liked them. i've got a mate who's a falkirk fan.... never liked him either.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
never liked them. i've got a mate who's a falkirk fan.... never liked him either.

That explains it then :eek:

celtic! been there, done that with the huns

not at hampden we have lost 3 Scottish cup finals(and all semis) to rangers at hampden won 1 at celtic park

we have beat celtic twice lost once

lets not even go there with the wee cup :mad::mad:

jamboinheaven

def celtic for me,we dont he hun at parkhead but god how nice it would be to lift it up at hampden having defeated them

Victor Meldrew
rangers at hampden because we have never ever done that before and it would exorcise some ghosts i have

Exactly the same for me. I think it's shocking we've never beaten them there.

The plastic paddies for me, we've done the other lot. Don't get all this crap about hampden, I couldn't care where it is, as long as your taking the cup home, that's all that should matter.

...I couldn't care where it is, as long as your taking the cup home, that's all that should matter.

I couldn't care where it is, or who we beat.

It could be either of the old firm or it could be a second division outfit like Gretna. It could be at Hampden or it could be at Paties Road.

As long as your taking the cup home, that's all that should matter.

Rangers would only be my fourth choice after Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen.

Buffalo Bill

At some point there is a good chance this thread will take a turn for the worse.Not that i'm a mind reader or anything.:mw_rolleyes:

Never voted in the poll.A cup win is a cup win regardless of who we beat.

Bit early to talk of reaching the SC final isn?t it? Threads like this make us look right plums...

Or is this just a new angle on the old "which OF do you hate more"?

Bit early to talk of reaching the SC final isn?t it? Threads like this make us look right plums...

To be fair mate, the OP didn't speciafically allude to this particular season, otherwise I for one wouldn't added an opinion.

I think he's just talking generically.

Buffalo Bill

Beat Rangers in a SC Final? Been there, done that.

Exactly my reason for voting celtic .

Given the choice of any team i would rather beat hibs in a SC final.

The plastic paddies for me, we've done the other lot. Don't get all this crap about hampden, I couldn't care where it is, as long as your taking the cup home, that's all that should matter.

snap

and snap!

****s sake.

For the record though, I do hate Celtic more.

:laugh:

Celtic, and because they play in green you could pretend you were trashing the **** doon the road too !!! bargain!:108years:

Doctor FinnBarr
Celtic cos I've never seen us beat em in a cup final.

No other reason.

I think the majority of posters on this board will only have seen us beating Der Hun and Gretna in any sort of final (not counting ESS).

:108years:

Rudolf's Mate
Celtic. Not because I dislike them anymore than Rangers but because it would be great to get it up Hibby Strachan.

I agree but it would be dependant on who the current champions were. Celtic are current so I'd want to be seen as to beat the do called best!

The Old Tolbooth

I chose smeltic out of the two but don't really care which side we beat, as long as we celebrate like there's no tomorrow, and they hurt like hell!

Exactly my reason for voting celtic .

Given the choice of any team i would rather beat hibs in a SC final.

I would never want to play them in a SC Final. Nerves would never stand it. Never want them to getto a SC Final.

portobellojambo1

I couldn't give a flying feck who we beat in a Scottish Cup final, winning is the important part, not the opposition.

Victor Meldrew

I voted Rangers and stick by that as regards the question in the thread. The Hampden thing and the two finals in 1996 that we lost to them haven't been avenged by 1998 yet.

I'd rather pip Celtic to the league because of 1986!!

However, if it were a 'free choice' I'd like to pump Aberdeen, just to avenge the 1986 Final.

I wouldn't like to play Hibs in a Cup final - the mere possibilty that we could lose (the SFA would almost certainly let Dougie the Hobo MacDonald ref it!) would be just too much.

Humping them in the semi in 2006 knowing we'd face Gretna in the Final was enough

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
To be fair mate, the OP didn't speciafically allude to this particular season, otherwise I for one wouldn't added an opinion.

I think he's just talking generically.

Buffalo Bill

Didn't vote; been watching Hearts long enough to see us beaten by both Rangers and Aberdeen in Cup Finals. Now, I don't care who we beat, as long as we win.

BB - I think there's already been a load of generics talked on this thread - and a lot more to come, methinks....

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I voted Rangers and stick by that as regards the question in the thread. The Hampden thing and the two finals in 1996 that we lost to them haven't been avenged by 1998 yet.

I'd rather pip Celtic to the league because of 1986!!

However, if it were a 'free choice' I'd like to pump Aberdeen, just to avenge the 1986 Final.

I wouldn't like to play Hibs in a Cup final - the mere possibilty that we could lose (the SFA would almost certainly let Dougie the Hobo MacDonald ref it!) would be just too much.

Humping them in the semi in 2006 knowing we'd face Gretna in the Final was enough

Personally, Victor, I can't decide which was worse.

1973 - I was two minutes late getting into the ground and Derek Johnstone had already scored!

1986 - hoping the players would make up for the League, I took my Barcode-supporting mate to see a good game. And we nearly got a doing from some Aberdeen Casuals.

Sometimes, supporting Hearts is p*sh. But at least it's no' Lochend.

Archived