Hamilton Highlights (merged threads)

Scallywag

Just seen some clips of the game on Setanta.

- Their first goal shouldn't have haappened. The Hamilton winger handles the ball two or three times right n front of the linesman and in full view of the ref before getting a corner.

- The Hamilton penalty was a foul outside the box.

- We had a clear penalty for handball.

John Hartson said everything went against Hearts before pointing out the above. Might have known the GFA would be out to put on a show seeing Romanov was in town.

Miller Jambo 60

- Their first goal shouldn't have haappened. The Hamilton winger handles the ball two or three times right n front of the linesman and in full view of the ref before getting a corner.

John Hartson said everything went against Hearts before pointing out the above. Might have known the GFA would be out to put on a show seeing Romanov was in town.

John Hartson is a one off on the TV , tells the truth.

Andy walker is a WK well we know that

Nevin is an aerse but we know that

BBC SCOTLAND are GFA NOB SUCKERS but we know that

WE ARE THE GORGIE BUT WE KNOW THAT:laugh:

it was also offside-the linesman flagged for every offside apart from that one.

first goal-bruno goes down injured and they play on, but when a hamilton player went down injured the game was stopped-and it wasnt a serious injury.

Drylaw Hearts

2 hand balls in the lead up to the Hamilton corner that led to the goal. Very poor marking from Jonsson.

A hand ball in the box by a Hamilton player stopping the ball reaching Driver.

And their Pen was never a Pen.

soft as fek penalty, which jamie mac should really have stopped.

the balogh is a better keeper and we really need him.

well, we're denied a clear penalty.

bruno goes down with a head knock-the ref should stop play for head injuries but doesnt, offiong i think hand balls it twice and they win a corner and score.

the foul for the penalty is outside the box, and was offside-doesnt show its offside in the highlights but at the game it appeared miles off.

concede 2 goals from 2 set plays.

Nelly Terraces

Forks sakes - was that ref takin the pish or what? Clear handballs from them leading up to 1st goal and in the box when we shoulda had a pen - the geezer sticks his arm right out to stop it. Plus, their pen, sorry, but no way, I'm not having that, never a foul. Pretty standard ref performance that then, totally inept and fecking things up for us.

2 hand balls in the lead up to the Hamilton corner that led to the goal. Very poor marking from Jonsson.

He was the same last week. He does his best but he is not a centre half.

And Stewarts first one was an absolute sitter.

Useless tosser.

Guest jambomickey

even still we didn't deserve anything because we were gash.

ToadKiller Dog

How the hand ball for the corner before there first was missed i dont know.

Clear hand ball for our penalty shout.

Never a penalty for them ,thought that at the game more so now.

Hmmm of course lets put it down to just more incompetance than cheating..

That said we were poor ,but if we took one of our near misses it might have been different.

Was going to say unbelievable refereeing but it is not really, it is what we have come to expect, he was not helped by his assistants either.

Blatant handball in lead up to corner, and blatant handball in the Hamilton penalty area. Foul by Neilson(debatable if it was a foul) was outside of box.

Htf did Stewart miss his 2 chances??

Stop making excuses. We were pish. Plain and simple.

Looking forward to 2-3 players coming in before the window shuts. Not sure if it will happen though.

Was going to say unbelievable refereeing but it is not really, it is what we have come to expect, he was not helped by his assistants either.

Blatant handball in lead up to corner, and blatant handball in the Hamilton penalty area. Foul by Neilson(debatable if it was a foul) was outside of box.

Htf did Stewart miss his 2 chances??

2nd one I can forgive, Goalkeeper made himself big, Stewart done about all he could.

1st one is ridiculous and had Nade or Obua missed it a lot more would be being said.

:mad:

Looking forward to 2-3 players coming in before the window shuts. Not sure if it will happen though.

I dont think anyone is making excuses, just pointing out facts. You're quite right when you say we were pish, but that still doesnt change the fact that these incidents happened and had a major bearing on the game.

even still we didn't deserve anything because we were gash.

Aye that's true, but did Hamilton deserve to take any more out of it ?

A very stodgy game that would have been a 0-0 on another day.

I missed the Pen ( laughable ) as I was busy giving it tight to the linesman for being 10yds behind the play and missing what appeared to be a clear offside.

How the hand ball for the corner before there first was missed i dont know.

Clear hand ball for our penalty shout.

Never a penalty for them ,thought that at the game more so now.

Very strange that none of the match reports from our august Scottish press corps mention any of this at all. Last week it was all "foul on keeper..dodgy pen..dodgy goals". This week,nothing remotely contentious in the game at all in any report,just that Hearts were bad (true).

Stop steering every debate in the direction of your agenda. We may not have played well but that doesn't excuse the p!ss poor refereeing that led to Hamiltons only 2 goals and denied Hearts of 1. Decisions change the flow and pattern of games.

If we didn't lose such an early goal and had gone 1 ahead then maybe we would have taken control of the game.

We find it hard enough to break teams down at the best of times never mind when they are sitting in having gone ahead.

Some disgraceful refereeing there.

How many things did he get wrong in those 3 minutes of highlights???

Find it hard to believe he was right there, watching Bruno going down clutching his head, and just played on.

I have to say though, Bruno was going down like a Puff a bit too regularly for my liking but Head knocks do = stoppage of play, end of :D

Never realised how blatantly wrong the referee got his decisions yesterday.

1. The handball in the lead up to their corner, TWICE the Hamilton winger CLEARLY handled it.

2. One of the most blatant handball penalties I have ever seen wasn't awarded to us. The defender stuck his arm out to control the ball!

3. Their penalty was very very soft and arguably the foul was committed outside the box. There was very little contact when their player actually got into the box.

Also, Stewart missed an absolute sitter when he hit the post. We still probably never deserved to win the game but it doesn't help when decisions like that go against you.

And Stewarts first one was an absolute sitter.

Useless tosser.

harsh. i haven't seen the highlights yet but at the game it looked as if he was at full stretch and got as much off a touch on it as he could.

stewart along with obua was our best player yesterday.

harsh. i haven't seen the highlights yet but at the game it looked as if he was at full stretch and got as much off a touch on it as he could.

stewart along with obua was our best player yesterday.

Nonsense.

He was nowhere near full stretch. He should have burst the net.

Paisley Jambo

Unbelievable.

He was looking straight onto our penalty shout in the first half.

We were poor but the officials were even poorer.

How on earth do they expect to be respected on performances like that.

There is something badly wrong with our refereeing system.

Ours was a stonewaller, I wouldn't even be generous enough to call theirs soft

McCarthey is definately a Celtic player in the making, judas ****bag

Obua looked our most dangerous player though

just watched the highlights and why dont we learn. Twice last week we lost our concentration allowing the opposition to take a couple of short corners. What happened yesterday, the exact same same and we were punished.

Cmon guys falkirk will have noticed this.

Mr Brightside

Just watched the highlights, they made it look like we had a few chances.

Think we should have had a pen for hadball, and their pen was very soft, probably not even a foul.

I just saw the highlights on Sultana, and all I can say is :eek:OMFG:eek:!!!!!!!

It's amazing what you don't spot when you're at the game. The first was a clear handball, ergo free kick to us = no corner to them = score remains 0-0. Their handball in the box was even more blatant than I thought at the time and how the ref didn't spot it is anyones guess, (handball in box = penalty to us = possibly 1-0 to Hearts) Their penalty, apart from being offside a mile just prior to it was absolutely the softest penalty I have ever seen, how can you get a penalty for just falling over FFS? (No penalty = still potentially 1-0 to Hearts).

I thought we were robbed yesterday, having seen the highlights there is no doubt about that at all. The fact that the Sultana punditry team seemed to concur with that opinion just serves to reinforce that opinion for me.

Billy Reid after the game 'we're learning' learning what Billy? How to feckin cheat like a Kris Boyd?

Another thing about the highlights where was our one that hit the top of the net that everyone thought was in?

BTW we didn't deserve to lose, and we were certainly not 'played off the park' as was suggested on another thread. They set their team out to stop us playing and it worked. They were helped along the way by some ridiculous decisions and were lucky that we couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo. I said it yesterday after the game and i'll say it again after seeing the highlights that game had 0-0 written all over it.

We do need a Striker though, of that there is no doubt whatsoever. Unfortunately they didn't show Calum Elliot's shot near the end that I think ended up in the forecourt of Morrison's Petrol station, he certainly isn't the answer.

Abysmal attempt at defending by Jonsson for the first. We really need to hope that Csaba has a ready made replacement for Berra as Eggert seriously isn't the answer.

Also, that wasn't incompetence by the ref for our disallowed penalty but blatant cheating.

Malinga the Swinga
I just saw the highlights on Sultana, and all I can say is :eek:OMFG:eek:!!!!!!!

It's amazing what you don't spot when you're at the game. The first was a clear handball, ergo free kick to us = no corner to them = score remains 0-0. Their handball in the box was even more blatant than I thought at the time and how the ref didn't spot it is anyones guess, (handball in box = penalty to us = possibly 1-0 to Hearts) Their penalty, apart from being offside a mile just prior to it was absolutely the softest penalty I have ever seen, how can you get a penalty for just falling over FFS? (No penalty = still potentially 1-0 to Hearts).

I thought we were robbed yesterday, having seen the highlights there is no doubt about that at all. The fact that the Sultana punditry team seemed to concur with that opinion just serves to reinforce that opinion for me.

Billy Reid after the game 'we're learning' learning what Billy? How to feckin cheat like a Kris Boyd?

Another thing about the highlights where was our one that hit the top of the net that everyone thought was in?

BTW we didn't deserve to lose, and we were certainly not 'played off the park' as was suggested on another thread. They set their team out to stop us playing and it worked. They were helped along the way by some ridiculous decisions and were lucky that we couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo. I said it yesterday after the game and i'll say it again after seeing the highlights that game had 0-0 written all over it.

We do need a Striker though, of that there is no doubt whatsoever. Unfortunately they didn't show Calum Elliot's shot near the end that I think ended up in the forecourt of Morrison's Petrol station, he certainly isn't the answer.

The ref didn't miss it, he chose not to give it, because he is a cheat. The ref say Hamilton player being pulled outside the box, yet chose to give a penalty because he is a cheat. The linesman clearly saw ofiong handle the ball before corner at first goal, yet he ignored it, because he is cheat.

ooops.........I harangued Csaba on another thread ........for using only two subs :o

Totally forgot about Callum's contribution :mw_rolleyes:

HillmanHearts

Was not at the game - but just watched the highlights. We were on the wrong end of extremely dubious refereeing decisions again !

In saying that

Defence was sleeping at the first goal and Jamie should have saved the pishly taken penalty.

Also Stewart should have scored his first chance.

Could have been oh so different.

Thankfully the Sheep & Arabs got gubbed.

( Tho worryingly Falkirk looked pretty decent - created lots of chances - we will have a tough game in the cup )

Definitely 2 hand ball incidents that didn't go our way but in my opinion were certain fouls. A very soft penalty also. ( they didn't even get a mention in the match report )

I feel that if hearts want to win games they need to give Gary Glen more than 10 mins !!!!!!

He is our ONLY natural goal scorer and to put him on when 80 mins have been played and were 2-0 down is just stupid. :mad:

Did look like 2 handballs, doesnt really get away from the fact we were murder though.

On another note, tremendous wee bit of play from McCarthey in the first half, round about the 1.50 mark on the highlights.

cardboardcutout

two great chances fell to a midfielder and both were scorned, we must be the only so-called a top team in any league who doesnt play with a recognised forward goalscorer!! if we cant play two upfront because our midfield is not capable of performing in a 4-4-2 then what chance does glen or anyone else have of making an impact? And eggert is not a centre back he looks too small to me and their first goal would never have happened with berra there. imo of course!

Aye that's true, but did Hamilton deserve to take any more out of it ?

A very stodgy game that would have been a 0-0 on another day.

I missed the Pen ( laughable ) as I was busy giving it tight to the linesman for being 10yds behind the play and missing what appeared to be a clear offside.

exactly what we said after the game, did jamie Macdonald have a save to make, btw a bit harsh on Michael Stewart , the one that hit the post came thru a ruck of bodies and he did really well to actually get a toe to it, Hearts were poor yesterday, but in reality Hamilton were no great shakes either, btw, Billy Reid is he Calderwoods wee brother, he looks and walks like a hun, if i ever i saw one. a pure weedgie gadgy by ra way

Drylaw Hearts
Did look like 2 handballs, doesnt really get away from the fact we were murder though.

On another note, tremendous wee bit of play from McCarthey in the first half, round about the 1.50 mark on the highlights.

He's the best young player in the Country imo.

Was asked at work this morning what I thought of the game and I said if I was commentating at pretty much any point bar the first ten minutes I'd say Hearts looked the most likely to score.

Hamilton got an early goal in each half and then sat back for the rest of it. We could/should have scored two or three in the first half but once they got their penalty our heads unsurprisingly went down.

Awful decisions by the ref, I shouted for both handballs and the offside at their pen so how the hell can three officials not see them?

- Their first goal shouldn't have happened. The Hamilton winger handles the ball before getting a corner. - CORRECT

- The Hamilton penalty was a foul outside the box - CORRECT

- We had a clear penalty for handball - CORRECT

I also thought that the boy went down like he'd been shot for the penalty, but wait, he's a good honest Scottish laddie, they don't dive :mw_rolleyes:

Althought Mikey Stewart can take as much blame as the ref for the outcome, he had the chance to save the game and blew it. I never thought i'd hear myself say this, but i'm becoming more and more convinced that Stewart is a complete bottle merchant. Never turns up for the big games as we know, and he's now missed 2 penalties this season aswell as a couple of sitters. Cameron, Hartley, Pressley never missed one in 2-3 seasons if I recall correctly (?)

Notwithstanding the other decisions, having carefully watched the handball for the penalty we never got, the position of the ref makes it impossible for him to have missed it, therefore, it was his decision to ignore blatant handball. It really is nt even debatable!

Why did he not give it?

(What's Lithuanian for up yours Mr Romanov?)

We know the answer, and it seems the two week break from ridiculous decisions is over!!!

GFA sort out the corruption in the game!

Oh, I forgot, you're the source of it all anyway.

Last week there was a thread highlighting how since the 'Brines incident' we had been getting a fair crack of the whip. Well that came to a shuddering halt on Saturday.

Hamilton only created two decent chances and they both came from dubious set plays.

What is worrying from a Hearts POV is that is two weeks in a row that Bruno has been inaffective and we really struggle if we lose the first goal.

Archived