german playing in spain?

jamboscott

so who is the player shabba wants?

detective work required

"I have a candidate (to replace Berra] and if the club get this player, I will be very happy," said Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo, who is also interested in a German striker playing in Spain.

He's getting Zidane out of retirement. It makes no sense to the original post and is complete nonsense but there you go. He would suit the maroon. Gorgie Rules.

What about portugese playing in Germany ?

are you being sarcy or was that another stab in the dark by the papers

What about portugese playing in Germany ?

Goncalves? I'm one of the few that thinks he has potential. Wallace is doing fine though. Hopefully we get our ?1.5m for him (doubt it very much).

Goncalves? I'm one of the few that thinks he has potential. Wallace is doing fine though. Hopefully we get our ?1.5m for him (doubt it very much).

i think he used to be a player until we malovee and co got there hands on him

are you being sarcy or was that another stab in the dark by the papers

nope..any developments of this source,can be linked and credited too stella artois..natural source for jambos :-)

i think he used to be a player until we malovee and co got there hands on him

Fair point, no-one seemed to work on his positioning. Who's to say he's not learned a lot over there and he'll come back and fulfill his potential.

David Odonkor.

Well as far as I can tell from wikipedia, he seems to be the only German playing in either La Liga or Segunda that has any claim to being a striker (although he's primarily a winger).

Jamboscanbevicius

Ersen Martin has 76 goals in 256 games at all levels according to his wiki profile. About a goal every 3.4 games. (if I added it up correctly)

It is not absolutely prolific but it is a fairly decent record considering he has played at a good level and it is a lot better than what our current strikers have managed.

TBH I think that almost any striker with a bit of experience could only improve us. I am not particularly keen to see us throwing a lot of money at a foreign striker like we did with Pinilla and Makela. Would prefer a short contract or loan to see if they settle.

Fair point, no-one seemed to work on his positioning. Who's to say he's not learned a lot over there and he'll come back and fulfill his potential.

Think back to Joses first games for us - Central defence, very good prospect. Then he got banjo'd at Hampden.

It was only when he started playing at LB, where the bambi likeness came in.

There is a central defender there. Anyone know what position he has been playing in Germany?

Drylaw Hearts
Think back to Joses first games for us - Central defence, very good prospect. Then he got banjo'd at Hampden.

It was only when he started playing at LB, where the bambi likeness came in.

There is a central defender there. Anyone know what position he has been playing in Germany?

Jose debut was v Aberdeen and he played at Left Back.

He was a bombscare at CH.

Not sure if what I am remembering was pre or post the semi banjo-ing.

There a player there, no doubt though. I think the mess we were in last year knocked it out of him.

i'm sure jose will come back a better player and shaba will get the best out of him, if not the chat is we will land 3 mill for him.

Captain Lithuania

Think he is a great player, although I'm sure it was ?1m only, I hope he decides to come back under Csaba, please, Goncalves..

Ersen Martin has 76 goals in 256 games at all levels according to his wiki profile. About a goal every 3.4 games. (if I added it up correctly)

It is not absolutely prolific but it is a fairly decent record considering he has played at a good level and it is a lot better than what our current strikers have managed.

TBH I think that almost any striker with a bit of experience could only improve us. I am not particularly keen to see us throwing a lot of money at a foreign striker like we did with Pinilla and Makela. Would prefer a short contract or loan to see if they settle.

At 6ft 5 he's maybe more of a target man. Had an interesting debut in Spain for Recre:

"On February 3, 2008, Ersen finally made his Recreativo debut, with a sour note, as Sevilla FC won 2-1 away, and the Turkish was sent off for a reckless challenge, after just eight minutes as a substitute"

Another one to boost the disciplinary record!

Guest GhostHunter
Stick Goncalves up front and he can shepard it past opposition defences and goalkeepers.

Jose could have shepharded Friday right through to the Monday morning he was that good.

portobellojambo1

As far as I can see this Ersen Martin has scored only one goal outside of Turkey, that was the one goal he has scored for Recreativo Huelva, he scored that on April 27 2008, and has not scored since. We need someone who is banging in goals at this point in his career.

We would also need a work permit for him

Drylaw Hearts
As far as I can see this Ersen Martin has scored only one goal outside of Turkey, that was the one goal he has scored for Recreativo Huelva, he scored that on April 27 2008, and has not scored since. We need someone who is banging in goals at this point in his career.

We would also need a work permit for him

Someone earlier claims he's German born.

portobellojambo1
Someone earlier claims he's German born.

He was born in Germany DH, and had dual German/Turkish nationality, but he gave that up a few years back to become a citizen of Turkey.

We need someone who is banging in goals at this point in his career.

No offence Iain but any player that is banging in goals at this moment isn't going to be available for a nominal fee, nor I doubt will his club be willing to send him out on loan.

And unfortunately that's the market we will be looking to deal in.

Any forward player that is brought in will be someone with an indifferent record in the hope that he can do the business.

portobellojambo1
No offence Iain but any player that is banging in goals at this moment isn't going to be available for a nominal fee, nor I doubt will his club be willing to send him out on loan.

And unfortunately that's the market we will be looking to deal in.

Any forward player that is brought in will be someone with an indifferent record in the hope that he can do the business.

You are going through more usernames/logonids than we have had managers in the last three years. :tongue:

I do understand fully what you say, but if it is a case of trying to get somebody on the cheap surely looking at someone, not necessarily here, but abroad, who is actively scoring goals at a lower level makes more sense (although I fully accept even that may not work out). Either that or promote internally.

Drylaw Hearts
He was born in Germany DH, and had dual German/Turkish nationality, but he gave that up a few years back to become a citizen of Turkey.

Cheers.

Without even checking............

I'll assume he hasn't won a sufficient amount of Caps to qualify for a dreaded WP ?

portobellojambo1
Cheers.

Without even checking............

I'll assume he hasn't won a sufficient amount of Caps to qualify for a dreaded WP ?

He appears to have played 4 times for Turkey since 2005, which I assume is no where near enough.

Drylaw Hearts
He appears to have played 4 times for Turkey since 2005, which I assume is no where near enough.

Thanks PJ1.

It sounds a non-starter to me.

From the font of all knowledge that is FM09, here are all the Germans playing in Spain

Ersen Martin - Recreativo ?1.2m

Ismael Gil - Mallorca ?9k

Jhony - Celta ?26k

Dennis Krol - Barca ?190k

Christoph Metzelder - Real Madrid ?5.75m

David Odonkor - Betis ?220k

Eugen Polanski - Getafe ?2m

Christopher Schorch - Castilla ?55k

Drylaw Hearts
From the font of all knowledge that is FM09, here are all the Germans playing in Spain

Jhony - Celta ?26k

Ismeal Gil is in our price bracket.

Thanks PJ1.

It sounds a non-starter to me.

Doesn't need work permit -- German citizen playing for Turkey -- who are also in the EU so no permit problems.

Doesn't need work permit -- German citizen playing for Turkey -- who are also in the EU so no permit problems.

I presume you mean Germany are in the EU not Turkey?

Jhony - Celta ?26k

Ersen Martin has only played for Recreativo 6 times this season and has scored one goal. May be looking for 1st team football to improve his chances of playing for Turkey? Dunno who else they have up front. Source: http://www.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-club-recreativo-de-huelva/

so who is the player shabba wants?

detective work required

"I have a candidate (to replace Berra] and if the club get this player, I will be very happy," said Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo, who is also interested in a German striker playing in Spain.

Sure he does. He also said he would respect the decision NOT to sign him. I wish he would shut up and let Vlad do the talking. One idiot is enough.

portobellojambo1

Turkey is not a member of the EU, they have applied but are yet to be accepted, and will not be until 2013 at the earliest, if ever. And he gave up his dual nationality to become a full Turkish citizen, so he could play for them.

Turkey is not a member of the EU, they have applied but are yet to be accepted, and will not be until 2013 at the earliest, if ever. And he gave up his dual nationality to become a full Turkish citizen, so he could play for them.

Then we will see won't we whose version of Eurpean law is correct :tongue:

I still think he is eligable to come to these shores but perhaps you are right -- however this would surely have been checked prior to any real contact ;)

Interesting one.

Ersen Martin happens to have the same agent (Antonio Carlo) as Czaba.

Archived