Another VR Contradiction

Guest Fabuloso

Guest Fabuloso

Berra "deserves to be treated well" when he wants to move club however other past players have been treated like traitors. It's a different story when it suits the Mad One. What a clown VR is. The one saving grace is that surely the most loyal VR fans will be able to see through this latest gem...... hopefully. The radio interview was schoolboy stuff and horribly transparent.

Good luck to Berra - he's done the right thing and I'm sure he'll move on to greater things.

Guest Fabuloso
The thing that is most transparent is this thread & the OP motivation.... :)

Is it that obvious?

I stick by every word.

I think he would argue he never engineered a move though. If we didn't have Romanov this could potentially be an ex football club forum.

Guest Fabuloso
Aw Fabuloso, this is what happens when you've had a few too many and feel a bit rowdy. You were doing so well, too....

:laugh:

You know I just can't help myself. When Vlad makes an appearance I get too excited.

Jam Tarts 1874
Berra "deserves to be treated well" when he wants to move club however other past players have been treated like traitors. It's a different story when it suits the Mad One. What a clown VR is. The one saving grace is that surely the most loyal VR fans will be able to see through this latest gem...... hopefully. The radio interview was schoolboy stuff and horribly transparent.

Good luck to Berra - he's done the right thing and I'm sure he'll move on to greater things.

Hartley, Gordon, Bednar, Skacel, Velicka are just some names I can think of who were not treated like traitors. Your point is caller?

Guest Fabuloso
I think he would argue he never engineered a move though. If we didn't have Romanov this could potentially be an ex football club forum.

In other words it's better to support a charade than nothing at all? I am truly thankful to the Mad One.

Walter Bishop

What alot of pash! 1 was ngive traitor status - Pressley.

Gordon,Bednar,Berra and even Hartley have all gone with VR`s blessings!!Skacel imo was engineering a move all along and was badly advised.

Think your statement is Micheal Ballacks!!!:108years:

You know I just can't help myself. When Vlad makes an appearance I get too excited.

Take solace in the fact that you are most certainly not alone. :)

(Ambiguity completely intentional)

In other words it's better to support a charade than nothing at all? I am truly thankful to the Mad One.

Could maybe understand that a year ago but right now, no. What charade is going on?

Guest Fabuloso
Hartley, Gordon, Bednar, Skacel, Velicka are just some names I can think of who were not treated like traitors. Your point is caller?

Agree with Velicka funnily enough. Hartley and Gordon had to take their punishment after standing up for themselves. Skacel was openly criticised by VR if I remember correctly.

Guest Fabuloso
Could maybe understand that a year ago but right now, no. What charade is going on?

Things definately appear to be running better than they were when Vlad was around more. This speaks volumes IMO. Based on past experience there'll be something around the corner. If I'm wrong then great however I prefer to take a wider view of of the situation. I expect the worse. It's conditioning.

Things definately appear to be running better than they were when Vlad was around more. This speaks volumes IMO. Based on past experience there'll be something around the corner. If I'm wrong then great however I prefer to take a wider view of of the situation. I expect the worse. It's conditioning.

It's been a year. Let's just enjoy it and see what happens. Hopefully nothing. You can only judge people on their actions and none of us expected him to back off this much.

Jambof3tornado

Vlad could easily have priced Berra out of a move,but didnt. For that he must be commended. I also think we will get more than the ?2.3 mil thats being quoted.:D

Guest Fabuloso
Vlad could easily have priced Berra out of a move,but didnt. For that he must be commended. I also think we will get more than the ?2.3 mil thats being quoted.:D

Absolutely - I agree, however a little less rhetoric wouldn't go amiss. Berra's a great guy however others aren't so great?! WTF - It's very feeble.

Absolutely - I agree, however a little less rhetoric wouldn't go amiss. Berra's a great guy however others aren't so great?! WTF - It's very feeble.

You did actually listen to the interview yourself, right?

Yep

Hmm. That's weird. Because you don't seem to have heard what was said. You might want to listen to it again, especially if you think your line of argument is enough to warrant a whole thread. :)

Guest Fabuloso
Hmm. That's weird. Because you don't seem to have heard what was said. You might want to listen to it again, especially if you think your line of argument is enough to warrant a whole thread. :)

OK I'll do that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't really slag Romanov at the moment. I like his strong silent character as opposed to his sitting on a beach reading poems and handing out monkey nuts to the press character.

I fear the worst though seeing as he witnessed us getting shafted by the mighty Hamilton Accies.

Guest Fabuloso
Take notes this time. ;)

OK - a quick summary.

1) He talks highly of Berra - great.

2) Why bring up Elvis? He'll be proud furore he caused among us.

3) Why bring up Foulkes?

4) Anderton - as above.

5) No insight into team performance goals - more on individual players no doubt for selling purposes.

If you're a VR fan you'll be happy. If you're living in reality then it's an arrogant, disrespectful piece.;)

OK - a quick summary.

3) Why bring up Foulkes?

4) Anderton - as above.

5) No insight into team performance goals - more on individual players no doubt for selling purposes.

If you're a VR fan you'll be happy. If you're living in reality then it's an arrogant, disrespectful piece.;)

Vlad is a touch mad so you have to accept the odd remark re his old 'enemies'. However, he seems a lot less mad now than he did last season. Let's just be pleased about that and hope it stays that way. :mw_rolleyes:

OK - a quick summary.

3) Why bring up Foulkes?

4) Anderton - as above.

The answer is that, like Craig Gordon, Berra's a young player who's developed well with us and we're not going to stand in his way of furthering his career. He benefits by moving to a bigger club (sorry those who disagree, but Wolves are most certainly a bigger club than Hearts, and on the verge of playing in the world's richest and most-watched league), we benefit through the performances he's given us and the money his transfer will fetch.

This is the way it is under Vlad. We exist to develop young players and sell them on at a profit: he's been consistent and clear about this for ages now. I loathed his treatment of Elvis and Anderton as much as anyone else - but Elvis wasn't a young player we could profit from, and PA was depicted as 'one of them' (the old skool brigade who Vlad couldn't trust). Vlad bringing their names up again is just a reminder of how things are now: how, indeed, he probably always intended things to be.

sorry those who disagree, but Wolves are most certainly a bigger club than Hearts,

Heart of Midlothian are a far bigger club. Unfortunately the limitations in Scotland (not meaning like the Old Firm who want to leave) mean we struggle to attract the crowds we should.

Heart of Midlothian are a far bigger club. Unfortunately the limitations in Scotland (not meaning like the Old Firm who want to leave) mean we struggle to attract the crowds we should.

You mean we'd be as big if Scotland had a population of 50 million?

You mean we'd be as big if Scotland had a population of 50 million?

We have a potentially huge fan base is my point. A club with our history and heritage should be attracting 300,000 a week at least maybe 400,000.

I make Wolves the 11th biggest club in England. Hearts wouldn't get into the top 20, but would make the top 30. Blaming the 'limitations in Scotland' is like saying if Hearts were based in another country, we'd somehow be bigger: never mind the limitations of Scotland. How about the limitations of Edinburgh, a middle-class international tourist destination and (sorry to say it) rugby city?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I make Wolves the 11th biggest club in England. Hearts wouldn't get into the top 20, but would make the top 30. Blaming the 'limitations in Scotland' is like saying if Hearts were based in another country, we'd somehow be bigger: never mind the limitations of Scotland. How about the limitations of Edinburgh, a middle-class international tourist destination and (sorry to say it) rugby city?

What's your list, shaun?

We have a potentially huge fan base is my point. A club with our history and heritage should be attracting 300,000 a week at least maybe 400,000.

I assume you mean 30,000 or 40,000 a week. :)

We never achieved that ( as an average ) even in the heyday of football in the 50s. It will never happen imo. However, 2005 showed we could probably go to an average of 20k or so....

I assume you mean 30,000 or 40,00 a week. :)

We never achieved that ( as an average ) even in the heyday of football in the 50s. It will never happen imo. However, 2005 showed we could probably go to an average of 20k or so....

You assumed wrong. That's how great we are!!!

Guest Fabuloso

A tad optomistic there Dave!

Guest Fabuloso
Vlad is a touch mad so you have to accept the odd remark re his old 'enemies'. However, he seems a lot less mad now than he did last season. Let's just be pleased about that and hope it stays that way. :mw_rolleyes:

Dave - let's hope so.

2 Scottish Cups in the last decade, Champions League qualification, regular internationals, 60,000 for a friendly, beating Bordeaux away, beating Basle away, finishing 2nd in our premier league are a few reasons off the top of my head why we are bigger than Wolves.

2 Scottish Cups in the last decade, Champions League qualification, regular internationals, 60,000 for a friendly, beating Bordeaux away, beating Basle away, finishing 2nd in our premier league are a few reasons off the top of my head why we are bigger than Wolves.

Go on Alan my son.

:o

Guest Fabuloso
Go on Alan my son.

Doesn't Birmingham have a population of 3 million people or thereabouts? I'd be surprised if Hearts are bigger. Even if you split Birmingham four ways it's way bigger. England have some very big Championship clubs (and lower). Leeds, Wednesday, Leicester, etc.

Go on Alan my son.

man-thumbs-up.jpg

Cheers Gig.

Shauns a good poster but he doesnae half make it hard for himself and I'm not having anyone saying WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS are bigger than the world famous HMFC.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Wash your mouth out! I've had this discussion in the past and I still believe what I did on all of those occassions - rugby is an Edinburgh sport, but Edinburgh is not a rugby city. A few hundred people for club games makes rugby a minority sport - but that's another debate.:mw_rolleyes:

Doesn't Birmingham have a population of 3 million people or thereabouts? I'd be surprised if Hearts are bigger. Even if you split Birmingham four ways it's way bigger. England have some very big Championship clubs (and lower). Leeds, Wednesday, Leicester, etc.

England population 50 million with 92 league clubs.

Scotland population 5 million with 44(?) league clubs.

There are some things you can't get past.

Wash your mouth out! I've had this discussion in the past and I still believe what I did on all of those occassions - rugby is an Edinburgh sport, but Edinburgh is not a rugby city. A few hundred people for club games makes rugby a minority sport - but that's another debate.:mw_rolleyes:

I agree that the rugby thing is overplayed. :tongue:

Its a hard one to call. Does having a bigger population in a city make you a bigger club?

I know MK Dons have not been on the go that long, but Im sure I read that they are the only team in the Milton Keynes area which is huge.

What have Wolves done football wise in the last 20 years apart from go up and down from the Premiership a few times?

Doctor FinnBarr

Spot on Alan, more chance of a medal (any medal) at Tynie than he has in the Black country!

:108years:

And his only chance to play ANY European team will be in friendlies!

What's your list, shaun?

Apologies to all for the obvious self-indulgence of this entirely subjective, personal list - especially as we discussed it on another thread only a month or two back! Anyhoo - in Britain:

1. Manchester United

2. Liverpool

3. Celtic

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Rangers

7. Newcastle United

8. Tottenham Hotspur

9. Everton

10. Aston Villa

11. Manchester City

12. Leeds United

13. Wolverhampton Wanderers

14. Sunderland

15. Birmingham City

16. Sheffield Wednesday

(starts getting tricky and more and more arguable at this point)

17. Derby County

18. West Ham United

19. Nottingham Forest

20. Middlesbrough

21. West Bromwich Albion

22. Blackburn Rovers

23. Sheffield United

24. Leicester City

25. Bolton Wanderers

26. Portsmouth

27. Heart of Midlothian

28. Norwich City

29. Aberdeen

30. Ipswich Town

Spot on Alan, more chance of a medal (any medal) at Tynie than he has in the Black country!

:108years:

He's probably got more chance of a medal if he played for Kaunas than Hearts but it's not really the point.

- Wolves are ineligible for the Scottish Cup; the English Cup has many, many more strong protagonists than our one.

- We got such a massive friendly crowd because it was against Barcelona, played in a huge stadium.

- What's participation in the UEFA Cup groups when set against participation in the Premier League? Many EPL managers already have the answer to that, continually prioritising the league. It would appear that players feel little different.

Archived