My take on today - FWIW

chester copperpot

chester copperpot
Sheite all over the park.

Could still be playing now and not have scored.

Hamilton is a hovel.

Fecking freezing.

TBF Stewart hit the post and Cerny made a cracking save from Stewart also.

Father Tiresias
Without wanting to start a Preslley debate I don't think any Hearts supporter can question his leadership skills. He held our club together on more than one occasion.

Correct.

Whatever opinion anyone holds about the whole Riccartongate affair and what subsequently happened, there is no doubt that Pressley was an inspirational leader on the park for Hearts.

We have been needing a leader on the park for years.

I thought Romanov was now our leader on and off the park. Appears to me any potential leaders other than him are shown the door.

chester copperpot
Karipidis played most of the game at centre-half! Eggert showed today that he doesn't have the attributes to play central defence, he didn't win a header all day. I would much prefer Karipidis back there with Jonsson at defensive midfield.

The shocking penalty decision killed the game today although I'm not convinced we would have scored even with the game at 1-0. And that's our main problem, a lack of striking options.

Nade was terrible again. He has had one shot on target in the last three games. Pathetic.

There were times where I couldn't tell who was playing CH and who was playing CM.

He was very very deep today.

chester copperpot
I thought Romanov was now our leader on and off the park. Appears to me any potential leaders other than him are shown the door.

:emoticon_spam:

;)

TBF Stewart hit the post and Cerny made a cracking save from Stewart also.

I know.

We were still sheite all over the park.

chester copperpot
I know.

We were still sheite all over the park.

Thought Obua played pretty well, except in the first half where he miscontrolled a pass that went further than I can kick it. :D

Thought Obua played pretty well, except in the first half where he miscontrolled a pass that went further than I can kick it. :D

Ok, Obua and Stewart were the players who were least sheite wearing a Hearts jersey.:)

They were still sheite though.

:P

;)

I only saw 25 minutes, by which time we realised this was a pesh poor Hearts performance and there was no way we were going to get a result. :o

On the plus side, I can recommend the hospitality shown to us at the Hamilton Railwaymens Club. :laugh:

southside1874
Without wanting to start a Preslley debate I don't think any Hearts supporter can question his leadership skills. He held our club together on more than one occasion.

Radio said he had a cracking game against Aberdeen today

chester copperpot
I only saw 25 minutes, by which time we realised this was a pesh poor Hearts performance and there was no way we were going to get a result. :o

On the plus side, I can recommend the hospitality shown to us at the Hamilton Railwaymens Club. :laugh:

Thought you were in Chambers beforehand ;).

I got a glowing character reference for you from Mrs Boabyarsebiscuit today. :D

Thought you were in Chambers beforehand ;).

I got a glowing character reference for you from Mrs Boabyarsebiscuit today. :D

I was indeed Chester. You should have come over and said hello hello. :tongue:

Chambers was excellent today - great boozer. They were good when we played there the first time, but did even better today.

chester copperpot
I was indeed Chester. You should have come over and said hello hello. :tongue:

Chambers was excellent today - great boozer. They were good when we played there the first time, but did even better today.

Dont like imposing man. I will next time mate.

FWIW, I think you may have a word with Mrs B after she said you looked like a slimmer version of Jimmy Calderwood. :laugh:

FWIW, I think you may have a word with Mrs B after she said you looked like a slimmer version of Jimmy Calderwood. :laugh:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That woman talks utter bollox sometimes.

Just back from the game now.

Stewart and Obua passmarks, Jonsson is never a cente half in a million years.

We were terrible, but the referee killed the game with the penalty. An absolute shocker of a penalty decision. SFA w**k w**k w**k.

Just in from the game (I live in the Weeg)

Defensively shocking, we looked all over the place at times, we defo missed Christophe today. I never thought we'd miss him that much though.

Midfield wise, they bossed us. Karipidis was **** poor. I actually felt Stewart and Obua earned pass marks, but the rest were shocking.

Its not a drama queen post, as I was encouraged in parts with stuff today, but we're needing a massive big leader on the park.

Shocking performance from the ref today though, absolute howler. Eddie Fenwick said before the game that the ref would be bad as Romanov was in the country and the SFA would want to ram it up him. He was spot on IMO.

Berra came on leaps & bounds this season, it always takes time for centre halves to build an understanding together but I personally think we should switch Eggert & Karipidis around, too weak at the back otherwise.

Berra and Pressley were both excellent captains and on-pitch leaders. Back to spouting nonsense again.

Pressley is a natural leader/captain. Berra was forced into being a captain and in my opinion is no leader. Saying that, he is a good player and he's obviously missed, going by todays result.

portobellojambo1
Because Berra has been an ever present (the undroppable one), i think any partnership in defence will need time to gel.

That is fecking rubbish Gambo, and well you know it. Berra was never out because he is/was the best central defender we had by far. And did we miss him today, too fecking right we did. The display by Hearts today can be summed up in two words, feckin garbage.

Hamilton are not even a decent team, they are a sh i t poor team, and we made them look all right today. Where I would disagree with Andy is in relation to the referee, the referee didin't lose us that game we did, we were simply fecking woeful, didn't look remotely close to anything resembling a football team.

chester copperpot
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That woman talks utter bollox sometimes.

Haha, at last I got the best poster on here to bite. :laugh:

Eggy ain't a centre half. Kari and Zal or an new player and Zal should be fine in my opinion.

One thing that bugged me today was that our players who are the hgiher earners are the ones that are attacking and who we look to create and score but were completely missing. Hamilton done fantastic. They got in about some of these 'players' and they just didn't like it.

Obua and Stewart were the only ones who looked like doing something.

We didn't play as a team until late in the second half today which was our major downfall IMO.

Three or four times in the first half Zal was allowed to run into their half with the ball but the other players in maroon just stood and watched. We needed wingers and Bruno/Nade making runs to drag players around and create space.

Obua is showing why Csaba wanted him, he was the only player to threaten Hamilton for ages. Stewart came onto a game in the second half but I think we miss Ruben's ability to put his foot on the ball and slow things down.

Hamilton have some decent players though and are on a good run so it was always going to be a tough game, before Berra's absence.

Ref was crap for both sides until the penalty when his crapness tipped massively towards us. I'm sure the boy who was "fouled" was offside when he first received the ball anyway. Apart from that Stewart just about skewered one of their players and was waved on, their boy didn't get booked for deliberate handball when he thought he deserved a free kick, plus a whole host of other fouls both ways which were missed. Very, very poor standard of refereeing in the SPL. Heard on the way home Brines gave Rangers a soft penalty. Surprise, surprise.

But I digress. It'll take a while for a new defensive partnership to settle but that's football. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Miller Jambo 60

Andy im ** raging glad i was not there.

Thanks Vlad for selling our best player you nob

chester copperpot
Andy im ** raging glad i was not there.

Thanks Vlad for selling our best player you nob

Doug, we had to sell him mate.

Wish It had been Kingston though.

Because Berra has been an ever present (the undroppable one), i think any partnership in defence will need time to gel.

Eggert and Zal will never gel due to the fact one is dodgy and the other is never a center half.

Seymour M Hersh
We had one but we gave him to Celtic

Do you really think we'd still be playing SP for his leadership qualities only? Cause that's all it would be, at best.

Seymour M Hersh
I thought Berra in the last 6 months did become more of a leader on the park.

I think you are right but still a long way to go. If he goes it will be a bit of a pity as he was beginning to show leadership qualities as well as improvement as a footballer. If he is offski I wish him all the best darn sarf.

You **** :laugh:

No wonder Bobby didn't know what I was talking about when I called him. :laugh:

Anyway, watch out as revenge is a dish best eaten cold.....:tongue:

Who would you have played at CB then if not Zal or Eggert?

Karipidis.

I cant believe people want to see Karapidis played at centre half. They must have very short memories of several games he played there in the past and was a disaster.

He cant cope with physical players in the air and almost every team in the SPL has at least two for set peices. He'd get destroyed wekk in week out at centre half, hence the reason he is playing the hlding role, out of harms way. Zaliukas is no great shakes but at least he can compete in the air.

Dont get me wrong I like Karapidis as a player and he's been brilliant this season in the holding role. Playing him at centre half would undo all that IMO.

Karapidis and Zaliukas at centre half for the rest of the season just doesnt bear thinking about.

Eggert is okay there as a short term measure but the only correct solution is that Berra has to be replaced by a centre half who can cope physically with the SPL.

Csaba is quoted as saying he has someone in mind who can come in right away. I only hope he is allowed to get him or the writing's on the wall

well, the brutal truth is, we support a team that lost 2-0 to Hamilton Academicals in front of 3,500 paying punters and we still maintained our well placed spot in the league. it kind of puts supporting Hearts into perspective. a medium sized team in a mickey mouse league.

chester copperpot
well, the brutal truth is, we support a team that lost 2-0 to Hamilton Academicals in front of 3,500 paying punters and we still maintained our well placed spot in the league. it kind of puts supporting Hearts into perspective. a medium sized team in a mickey mouse league.

Aye but we lost to a team we shouldn't.

They really played us off the park though. Wish I could blame the ref (who was honking) but I cant.

eddie fenwick

oi thats my one

chester copperpot
oi thats my one

Sorry, I also gave you some respect about the comment about the ref.

Read the thread ya knobjockey. ;)

eddie fenwick
Sorry, I also gave you some respect about the comment about the ref.

Read the thread ya knobjockey. ;)

have mate,the pepper was funny though eh?

chester copperpot
have mate,the pepper was funny though eh?

Yeah, unfortunately, it was only you and me that found it funny. :laugh:

Aye but we lost to a team we shouldn't.

They really played us off the park though. Wish I could blame the ref (who was honking) but I cant.

Hardly. Unless 'playing us off the park' involves having 10 men in your own box and having the sole tactic of hoofing the ball up to the only player you have in Hearts half (who was caught offside about 20 times BTW). What game were you watching?

Hamilton were utterly garbage, as I have said on other threads they scored with one of the 2 actual chances they had, and got the softest penalty ever on a player who was a mile offside when he got the ball.

Can't blame the ref? Why not FFS? The penalty decision was the telling factor, he also blew the whistle for the corner that led to the goal to be taken while Bruno was waiting to get back on the pitch and we were therefore down to 10 men. I would lay a lot of blame on the far side linesman also, he missed the offside just before the penalty too.

Not saying we deserved to win, we didn't have enough cutting edge to do that TBF, but we didn't deserve to lose either. And to say that they played us off the park is just completely ridiculous.

eddie fenwick
Hardly. Unless 'playing us off the park' involves having 10 men in your own box and having the sole tactic of hoofing the ball up to the only player you have in Hearts half (who was caught offside about 20 times BTW). What game were you watching?

Hamilton were utterly garbage, as I have said on other threads they scored with one of the 2 actual chances they had, and got the softest penalty ever on a player who was a mile offside when he got the ball.

Can't blame the ref? Why not FFS? The penalty decision was the telling factor, he also blew the whistle for the corner that led to the goal to be taken while Bruno was waiting to get back on the pitch and we were therefore down to 10 men. I would lay a lot of blame on the far side linesman also, he missed the offside just before the penalty too.

Not saying we deserved to win, we didn't have enough cutting edge to do that TBF, but we didn't deserve to lose either. And to say that they played us off the park is just completely ridiculous.

they played us perfectly today,snuffed us out and hit us on the break,we were funkin honkin,as for the ref,with vr in town they were always going to try and give him ammo

chester copperpot

No offence mate, but for feck sake, they deserved the win.

Away back to bed.

No offence mate, but for feck sake, they deserved the win.

Away back to bed.

No offense but no they didn't, I really don't get what you're basing that on. Nobody deserved to win that game. And to say they 'played us off the park' is just simply not true.

I have to disagree with the played us of the park comment also i am afraid. After we lost the first goal we dominated them and should have scored, the fact we couldnt was down to a real lack of attack mindedness from the team, who seemed to be waiting for somebody else to do it.

I felt we should have had a penalty for handball (i may be wrong) i honestly felt it was at the time, yet the ref waived play on. The penalty that was given was right in front of me and the cheating we clown done a serious dive, robbie was daft to put his hands on him as that gave the wee clown the opportunity he needed, and the ref fell for it, you could see it on his face he knew he had played for it.

Getting beat doesnt bother me as it will happen to all teams, i can accept getting beat from a better team, that wasnt the case today for me. My real anger lies with csaba if i am being honest, he had plenty of time to change things yet he never, for that reason he must take the blame

Iam not saying we would have won had he changed it sooner, but i feel we would have given a better account of ourselves. It would have shown that the manager was aware of what needed to be done and had the ability to identify such problems and make the changes as required.

What we got was a man who sat in the dug out and seemed oblivious to what had to be done in order to at least salvage a point. Does this make csaba a bad manager? for me the answer is, no. It does however make me question our previous games and how much were down to luck, no panic button being push here, just a genuine concern that we are a one dimensional team.

I have to disagree with the played us of the park comment also i am afraid. After we lost the first goal we dominated them and should have scored, the fact we couldnt was down to a real lack of attack mindedness from the team, who seemed to be waiting for somebody else to do it.

I felt we should have had a penalty for handball (i may be wrong) i honestly felt it was at the time, yet the ref waived play on. The penalty that was given was right in front of me and the cheating we clown done a serious dive, robbie was daft to put his hands on him as that gave the wee clown the opportunity he needed, and the ref fell for it, you could see it on his face he knew he had played for it.

Getting beat doesnt bother me as it will happen to all teams, i can accept getting beat from a better team, that wasnt the case today for me. My real anger lies with csaba if i am being honest, he had plenty of time to change things yet he never, for that reason he must take the blame

Iam not saying we would have won had he changed it sooner, but i feel we would have given a better account of ourselves. It would have shown that the manager was aware of what needed to be done and had the ability to identify such problems and make the changes as required.

What we got was a man who sat in the dug out and seemed oblivious to what had to be done in order to at least salvage a point. Does this make csaba a bad manager? for me the answer is, no. It does however make me question our previous games and how much were down to luck, no panic button being push here, just a genuine concern that we are a one dimensional team.

Csaba isnt a stupid man, and he hasnt been slow to make changes when required in other games. Several time this season we've come out in the second half and looked a different team(a problem in itself is that we need to look like that team in the first half)

This might be ridiculous but I dont suppose for a minute he was sacrificing going for a come back to let Romanov see that we really need a few players before Tuesday ?

Whatver it is, we've got a real problem with our application at times especially against wee teams away from home. Too many big time Charlies in the team ??

Eggy ain't a centre half. Kari and Zal or an new player and Zal should be fine in my opinion.

One thing that bugged me today was that our players who are the hgiher earners are the ones that are attacking and who we look to create and score but were completely missing. Hamilton done fantastic. They got in about some of these 'players' and they just didn't like it.

Obua and Stewart were the only ones who looked like doing something.[/QUOTE]

Both tried but both cannot pass for toffee.Why does Obua need about 10 seconds everytime to make a decision.Never be a good player for us in my opinion.

Stewart ran about but he had the miss of the season and seems incapable of making a simple pass.

Seems to me we need Driver or Bruno on their game,if not we create nothing.

I also think i seem to be the only one who thinks Jonsson is the most overated youngster i have seen playing for us.All over the place yesterday,forcing Karipidis to play deeper and deeper.The short corner kick for their first goal yesterday was a disgrace after the same thing happening twice last week.I also their penalty should have been an offside to us but i have not saw any highlights to confirm this.

Hard to believe Hamilton made a sub before us also.Makes you wonder why the likes of Templeton has never had a chance to play despite being on the bench all season.

Good to see Clum swing and miss the ball and Nade's volley bringing a smile to my face.Sometimes you just have to laugh.:D

Broxburn_Jambo

Finally made it back from Hamilton after drowning my sorrows but felt I had to make a point about Nade. Fat, slow, the turning ability of an oil tanker, can't control the ball, beats himself most of the time, lazy and can't score goals.

I'm afraid it needs to be said, Nade is a disgrace as a professional footballer and we will never ever score goals with him playing up front.

Finally made it back from Hamilton after drowning my sorrows but felt I had to make a point about Nade. Fat, slow, the turning ability of an oil tanker, can't control the ball, beats himself most of the time, lazy and can't score goals.

I'm afraid it needs to be said, Nade is a disgrace as a professional footballer and we will never ever score goals with him playing up front.

i concur

3-4 times yesterday Zaliukas made big forward 'Dave MacPherson' runs and every time he ground to a standstill and either misplaced his pass or gave a hospital ball to a team mate, they then had the chance to hit us on the break and Eggy ended up totally isolated. Karapidis ended up dropping deeper and deeper to protect the defence because of Zal who had a holocaust.

Karapidis has been excellant recently but yesterday........Oh dear.

Lee Wallace is great going forward but poor defensively, Robbie has been great since coming but yesterday.......Oh dear.

Meanwhile, I honestly think Driver was affected by all the transfer talk.

Obua and MS tried their best, Nade.......Oh dear oh dear oh dear. If that's a striker then god help us.

At least we had Elliot coming off the bench in the 85th(?) minute and he still managed to fresh air the ball at his feet in the box.

As people have mentioned, anyone who saw him in a reserve game thought Rapnik was the next thing. Brilliant management.

Csaba isnt a stupid man, and he hasnt been slow to make changes when required in other games. Several time this season we've come out in the second half and looked a different team(a problem in itself is that we need to look like that team in the first half)

This might be ridiculous but I dont suppose for a minute he was sacrificing going for a come back to let Romanov see that we really need a few players before Tuesday ?

Whatver it is, we've got a real problem with our application at times especially against wee teams away from home. Too many big time Charlies in the team ??

The changes that you talk of are minimal and dont affect formation, wingers swop sides or players are changed purely like for like. Csaba will insist that we still play with two up front even though its not a 4-4-2, but i disagree with him on that.

Your second point, is a you say, ridiculous in my opinion mate.

I think we have a big problem due to the fact that were so predictable its scary. We set out our stall the same way week in week out, its not rocket science to see how easy it is to stop us playing. "Wee" teams who are up for it and get in about us seem to really cause us problems, for me this is because we have players that want an age on the ball and who's passing ability is questionable.

Archived