My take on today - FWIW

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Just in from the game (I live in the Weeg)

Defensively shocking, we looked all over the place at times, we defo missed Christophe today. I never thought we'd miss him that much though.

Midfield wise, they bossed us. Karipidis was **** poor. I actually felt Stewart and Obua earned pass marks, but the rest were shocking.

Its not a drama queen post, as I was encouraged in parts with stuff today, but we're needing a massive big leader on the park.

Shocking performance from the ref today though, absolute howler. Eddie Fenwick said before the game that the ref would be bad as Romanov was in the country and the SFA would want to ram it up him. He was spot on IMO.

chester copperpot
We have been needing a leader on the park for years.

Fair point, but we missed Christophe's organisational skills in defence today.

And before you say it, I didn't think he had any prior to today, but that was evident.

Eggert aint no CH either.

We have been needing a leader on the park for years.

Berra and Pressley were both excellent captains and on-pitch leaders. Back to spouting nonsense again.

Jambof3tornado

Aye Berra was no leader so we certainly wont miss him for that,but perhaps he was a better organiser than we realised.

Italian Lambretta

Wasn't at the game so can only go by your better judgement but what exactly did the Ref do that prevented us from losing to a Pish team today?

Just in from the game (I live in the Weeg)

Defensively shocking, we looked all over the place at times, we defo missed Christophe today. I never thought we'd miss him that much though.

Midfield wise, they bossed us. Karipidis was **** poor. I actually felt Stewart and Obua earned pass marks, but the rest were shocking.

Its not a drama queen post, as I was encouraged in parts with stuff today, but we're needing a massive big leader on the park.

Shocking performance from the ref today though, absolute howler. Eddie Fenwick said before the game that the ref would be bad as Romanov was in the country and the SFA would want to ram it up him. He was spot on IMO.

Fair point, but we missed Christophe's organisational skills in defence today.

And before you say it, I didn't think he had any prior to today, but that was evident.

Because Berra has been an ever present (the undroppable one), i think any partnership in defence will need time to gel.

chester copperpot
Wasn't at the game so can only go by your better judgement but what exactly did the Ref do that prevented us from losing to a Pish team today?

TBF mate, they were not that pish. We were but Hamilton passed the ball pretty well today.

The ref didn't book one of their players for an absolute shocker of a dive.

The ref booked Obua for a foul that was a mistake.

He gave a penalty when the initial incident was outside the box, plus it was very very soft even though it was out the box.

Every 50/50 went against us today. Not blaming the ref for us losing, but he was sheckt.

I thought he had his worst game of the season by miles last week.

IMO we wont sign a new CH and we'll have to get used to Eggert there for at least the rest of the season :sad:

No

I said gave him to Celtic

Well who did we 'give' to Celtic? I was under the impression that we gave Hartley to Celtic in exchange for some ?'s.

chester copperpot
Because Berra has been an ever present (the undroppable one), i think any partnership in defence will need time to gel.

Im not doubting that mate, just think that Eggert is not a CH, thats all. Would much have preferred Eggy to play DM, and have Kari move back.

Also Kingston is a waste of skin for sitting in the dugout in a huff at HT refusing to warm up with the rest of the guys.

chester copperpot
I thought he had his worst game of the season by miles last week.

IMO we wont sign a new CH and we'll have to get used to Eggert there for at least the rest of the season :sad:

Why not Karipidis though. I think he's a much better CH, and Eggerts a much better CM.

Also Kingston is a waste of skin for sitting in the dugout in a huff at HT refusing to warm up with the rest of the guys.

Its the Larry Kingston show mate.

Not a team player.

Well...if you play midfielders like Jonsson in defence and defenders in midfield, you get what you deserve. Zaliukas back in aswell. Still no striker brought in to score a goal when needed, had a feeling we'd lose today, Hamilton's recent form suggested we'd struggle, hey-ho!

chester copperpot
just back in myself and all i have got to say is rubbish

I left with about 20 mins to go as have been recovering from Flu and just could not cope with the cold after that length of time. :o

chester copperpot
Chester - what's the story with Larry staying in the dugout at half time? Is it even true?

It is yeah, sat like a wee kid in a huff refusing to warm up with the rest of the lads.

Shocking attitude IMO.

Im not doubting that mate, just think that Eggert is not a CH, thats all. Would much have preferred Eggy to play DM, and have Kari move back.

Re Eggert, i would rather if he was not at centre half that he was at right back.

Re Larry, another poster on here hoped that with no bids so far forthcoming for him that he might pull his socks up and get stuck in to impress others more for the rest of the season(i would agree with that and hoped that is the attitude Larry would take) , but this little half-time episode shows this may not be the case.

Well who did we 'give' to Celtic? I was under the impression that we gave Hartley to Celtic in exchange for some ?'s.

Your impression is correct, but as you know there where two players went to Celtic and one of them was a great leader on the pitch and we gave him away for FREE - Fact

Why not Karipidis though. I think he's a much better CH, and Eggerts a much better CM.

Totally agree mate. I honestly thought that we would be beyond this playing players out of position gash when we got a new manager.

Clearly not.

Nicholas Brody
Well...if you play midfielders like Jonsson in defence and defenders in midfield, you get what you deserve. Zaliukas back in aswell. Still no striker brought in to score a goal when needed, had a feeling we'd lose today, Hamilton's recent form suggested we'd struggle, hey-ho!

Who would you have played at CB then if not Zal or Eggert?

Father Tiresias
Totally agree mate. I honestly thought that we would be beyond this playing players out of position gash when we got a new manager.

Clearly not.

Does that not suggest that someone else is pulling the strings?? :mw_rolleyes:

Chester - what's the story with Larry staying in the dugout at half time? Is it even true?

Am sure he did it at Tynie last week.

Looking on the bright side, at least Vlad will have seen the game.

We were poor, the tactics and timing of substitutions were terrible. We have no cutting edge and lack leadership. If Vlad wants a place in the euro league he has two days to sign a striker and a replacement for Berra. Otherwise we can get used to days like today as we slip to mid-table mediocrity with the lowest goals for tally in the clubs history.

Clearly not.

TBF bud - Kari looked like a fish out of water when he started to play in the middle of the park. From the reports I have read, he was pretty poor today but he is a very big player in their for us now.

Csaba must see a player who can play in the middle of defence - it might take a few games for him to adjust to the positioning side of the game.

:o

I left with about 20 mins to go as have been recovering from Flu and just could not cope with the cold after that length of time. :o

i stuck it out till about 5 minutes to go think all the people who went today deserve a medal

my biggest worry is the cup we play like that falkirk will cream us

Your impression is correct, but as you know there where two players went to Celtic and one of them was a great leader on the pitch and we gave him away for FREE - Fact

We released him*....FACT.

When he* was released he had the freedom to choose any club in the world that wanted him, HE* (and not Hearts) chose to go to Celtic(which he was entitled to do)....FACT.

I take it we are talking about Pressley here? A 'great leader' is a matter of opinion.

chester copperpot

I really really dont want this thread to turn into the usual doom and gloom thread after a defeat, however I think we've been riding our luck of late and have actually deserved to be beaten like we were today.

One plus that came out of today was that I met Audioslave, Borthers and my first glimpse of Cosanostra today, top top blokes.

Without wanting to start a Preslley debate I don't think any Hearts supporter can question his leadership skills. He held our club together on more than one occasion.

Clearly not.

But Karipidis in the midfield has generally worked out well this season and he has had some good reviews when playing there. Same as Jonsson, he has had some good reviews when playing in centre of defence.

It is yeah, sat like a wee kid in a huff refusing to warm up with the rest of the lads.

Shocking attitude IMO.

He's rapidly becoming a real pain in the jacks.

He's a good player but I'm starting to think that a few weeks in the reserves might remind him that if he wants a big glamour move, he'll actually have to be getting a bloody game to start with. Never mind turning in some decent performances.

Sounds like a bit of a crap day all round....

We released him*....FACT.

When he* was released he had the freedom to choose any club in the world that wanted him, HE* (and not Hearts) chose to go to Celtic(which he was entitled to do)....FACT.

I take it we are talking about Pressley here? A 'great leader' is a matter of opinion.

and thats what this forum is all about

Who would you have played at CB then if not Zal or Eggert?

We don't have a choice regarding Zaliukas, we've no-one else. Jonsson at centre-half!? Karipidis in midfield!? Maybe they shouldn't have been so quick to lose Rapnik, at least he's a defender. It's typical Hearts though, we were already short on defenders, now we could be losing two, we've been desperate for a striker since last season when Velicka left yet we do nothing about it during the summer, two days left of the January transfer window and still nothing, this carry-on could and ultimitely cost us a UEFA spot cos Dundee Utd and Aberdeen ain't goin anywhere, shame the powers-that-be can't get their heads round these facts.

I really really dont want this thread to turn into the usual doom and gloom thread after a defeat, however I think we've been riding our luck of late and have actually deserved to be beaten like we were today.

I tend to agree with that. The way we are set upto play with one up front, more often than not we will have to rely on luck, only problem with that it is a small margin of error and that the luck can just as easily go the other way.

The vast majority of our games this season have been very tight, hard to think of a games where we have totally dominated and been in cruise control.

chester copperpot
To all the Neilson love-fest romantics, get rid and put Jonnson into RB forever.

Robbie got ripped for arse paper today big style.

Worst game for us since his return.

Toxteth O'Grady

He did the same last week against ICT too

Sheite all over the park.

Could still be playing now and not have scored.

Hamilton is a hovel.

Fecking freezing.

To all the Neilson love-fest romantics, get rid and put Jonnson into RB forever.

Agreed.

Back to his usual self it would seem, one pass in five staying in the park.

Get rid.

Karipidis played most of the game at centre-half! Eggert showed today that he doesn't have the attributes to play central defence, he didn't win a header all day. I would much prefer Karipidis back there with Jonsson at defensive midfield.

The shocking penalty decision killed the game today although I'm not convinced we would have scored even with the game at 1-0. And that's our main problem, a lack of striking options.

Nade was terrible again. He has had one shot on target in the last three games. Pathetic.

Archived