Csaba losing the plot

dellboy1971

I think if a team is playing poorly in a game it can be hard to turn that around around someone or some move or attack provides a 'spark' and the players kick on and up their performance - but if that doesn't happen then all the tactics in the world won't change the game if the players simply aren't performing ...

of course you can always get a break or a set piece or some piece of luck that can change the game but most SPL teams can generally pack midfield & defences and cancel the other team out if they really want to - in those instances unless a piece of skill or brilliance or luck or a mistake can make a breakthrough the games can be dull as hell & even worse if your team is playing poorly

Christ Charlie - reading that, there aint much point in changing players or formations.

;)

That is how rumours start.

:D

Can open, worms everywhere.

Or it might have been IF we had cause for concern. But we don't, do we Drylaw? :biggrin:

Drylaw Hearts
Can open, worms everywhere.

Or it might have been IF we had cause for concern. But we don't, do we Drylaw? :biggrin:

We should always remain cautious Redm.

:ninja:

Ah henny hambo...there you are...did Mikey Stewart escape from NDP without being skelped? From the radio commentary it sounded like he was one of the few players who might have had a decent game, but I heard you weren't too impressed with him today. :)

Yeah he got away skelp free! :laugh: Perhaps my threat of violence in the early minutes was enough to jolly him along a bit for he did come into the game more as it went on! Ended up getting pass marks (just) for which I take full credit! :tongue:

We should always remain cautious Redm.

:ninja:

:laugh:

I bet you iron your socks.

Yeah he got away skelp free! :laugh: Perhaps my threat of violence in the early minutes was enough to jolly him along a bit for he did come into the game more as it went on! Ended up getting pass marks (just) for which I take full credit! :tongue:

In that case, PJ1 really needs to be adding you to the list of candidates for MotM. Or (Wo)MotM. You know what I mean... ;)

How were Kingston and Glen when they came on?

Charlie-Brown
Christ Charlie - reading that, there aint much point in changing players or formations.

;)

Managers change players or formations or tactics in the hope / luck of some improvement in the team ..... 99% of the time because the player / players in certain positions aren't performing as well as wanted - making the changes doesn't guarantee the replacement or others will up their game...when teams lose people often blame the tactics but often it is the performance levels that are more inadequate than the tactics - if the players performances had been better the tactics might have been just fine... :)

getting worried as a hearts fn supported csaba

but now 4-5-1 getting fed up 2-0 down to hmilton

and dosn't cahnge to 2 up front

until 83rd min cannot continue have to go 4-4-2

glen and nade or elliot or another

Always happy to help others, I'll attempt to translate this for everyone's benefit:

"As a fickle football fan, I supported Csaba up until 3pm today. Then we lost a football match!!!!111!! :mad: So Csaba is clearly losing the plot".

I have been reasonably happy with the progress Csaba has made so far.

He has stabilised the team, has us winning matches we would have lost in the last couple of seasons, and as things stand we are in with a shout of qualifying for Europe and maybe even a run at the Scottish Cup.

However, I am certainly not guilty of having a knee jerk reaction to today's result and performance. There are some things that Csaba does and doesn't do that I simply disagree with.

To begin with we started the season with Jamie Mole playing week in week out as a lone striker. This guy is no where near SPL class and I doubt he is even 1st division class. We were dropping points stupidly because we couldn't score goals.

This obsession with playing 1 up front has continued all season and while we have had some good results recently the performances have been poor and we have been helped by some luck and refereeing decisions.

It really is extremely frustrating to pay good money every week to observe football which is simply not entertaining and enjoyable at times.

Today was just bizarre. We are 2 goals down and did not go down with a fight. Putting Glen up front beside Nade might not have made a difference to the score but at least we could have tried. But no, the same system and tactics that have had us struggling to score all season is adopted right until the dying minutes. It is pathetic.

I really feel sorry for Nade. He works his backside off every week and is fighting a lost cause. If he wins a header he needs to knock the ball on and chase it himself. He can try and hold the ball up and bring others into play but given the fact that our players often look like statues this too is a lost cause. Nade must have the worst job in Scottish football.

Look at the football Dundee United have been playing this season. Do they have better and more talented players than Hearts? In my opinion absolutely NOT. They do have belief, a manager who believes in them, and they work hard for each other.

Look at the football Dundee United have been playing this season. Do they have better and more talented players than Hearts? In my opinion absolutely NOT. They do have belief, a manager who believes in them, and they work hard for each other.

I really respect what Levein and United have done too. Strange example to use, though: aren't they above us only on goal difference, despite being over a year ahead of us in terms of building under a new manager? And with regard to us decrying 4-5-1: do we really know better than a qualified professional like Csaba? Genuine question.

I really respect what Levein and United have done too. Strange example to use, though: aren't they above us only on goal difference, despite being over a year ahead of us in terms of building under a new manager? And with regard to us decrying 4-5-1: do we really know better than a qualified professional like Csaba? Genuine question.

Csaba's background and experience is all about 4-5-1 as he explained earlier in the season. At present we don't have the players to make it a real and continuing success. Once he brings in more of his own players we can judge the formation better.

Johanes de Silentio

Well, I disagreed with the subs today, but so what? I trust Csaba, and he gets it right more often than not.

I thought the thing to do at 2-0 was to replace a defender or Kari with Glen or Larry, but that's just me.

Massive clearout in the summer with loads of players out of contract - let's see who comes in, and how they perform under Csaba.

Nobody's lost any plot - we lost a game - it hurts for a while, then we deal with it and move on.

'mon the Hearts!

Not really a strange example to use, I was talking about the quality of the football each team plays. Our football is just not good to watch. It lacks excitement, and is all too predictable. Yes we are level on points with Utd but there is no competition about who plays the more exciting football.

And at the end of the day, we pay to be entertained. Yes we want to see us win, but with all the talented skillful players at Csaba's disposal (Driver, Aguilar, Kingston, Stewart, Miko, Chesney, Glen to name a few) we really should be expecting and demanding better fare on a Saturday afternoon.

What Levein has done at Utd with a very average bunch of players deserves respect and I think it is very much a case of, if they can do it then why can't we.

C'mon Csaba, pick the team and the formation to suit our squad, our opposition, and the demands of the situation.

4-5-1 while 2 goals down to anyone is not acceptable.

Getting beat is one thing, but going down without a fight is just not on.

Do I know better than a qualified professional such as Csaba? Well, I can certainly tell when I have been bored stiff or not, and today wasn't the first time I have sat at the match thinking my time and money could be put to much better use. Quite worrying that as a ST holder of 29 years I am thinking this way for the 1st time in my life.

Archived