until 83rd min cannot continue have to go 4-4-2

glen and nade or elliot or another

Dyslexics rule KO.

getting worried as a hearts fn supported csaba

but now 4-5-1 getting fed up 2-0 down to hmilton

and dosn't cahnge to 2 up front

Maybe Csaba was being smart here think about it, the boss man is watching telling yer man we do not need a striker so Csaba says ok I will not play two upfront until late in the game knowing we cannie hit a barn door bingo mission accomplished Vlad changes his mind and Csaba gets his striker.

Grumpy.

not just Csaba loosing the plot ;)

Agree with the OP. Csaba got in it wrong today and he bottled it by not changing to a 4-4-2or a 4-3-3. For folk on here to disagree with that then you are the ones that should get a grip.:mad:

Trying to write a poem?

I'm srue i raed a smiliar psot to tihs in the Sehd today.

lets hope the result today lets vlad see for himself

that u dont win games without forwards:banghead2::banghead:c:mon ma heeds killin me :we need a striker:we need a striker:hypno:

Agree with the OP. Csaba got in it wrong today and he bottled it by not changing to a 4-4-2or a 4-3-3. For folk on here to disagree with that then you are the ones that should get a grip.:mad:

Csaba may have got the tactics wrong today but was also let down by the team on the park, today's defeat doesn't mean he's loosing the the plot, think its yourself who should get a grip :ahhhhhhh:

you again?:mw_rolleyes:

See even if you're not a hibby?, go and do one down Lochend anyway.

You've just not got "it" to be Hearts. ****.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Is that JKB's first post in haiku form?

I'm dyslexic and I'm struggling here

OP has a point. We should have went 4-4-2 as soon as they scored the penalty, we were never getting back in to the game with Nade on his own.

As for our 4-5-1 formation, if Bruno doesn't turn up, we don't turn up. We can't base a formation hoping one player is going to pull us through.

Having been at the game today, i have to agree with the op. Whilst i am not yet at the panic station mode, its fair to say csaba didnt appear to have a clue as to how he could have changed the game. If he did then he hid it very well as stevie wonder could see our failures.

The players must also shoulder some blame, but its the managers job to see his teams failing and act on it accordingly. Nade was/is woefull, again we are left in no doubt that he is not the answer. I have been a major critic of obua, but for me he was our man of the match.

Drylaw Hearts
OP has a point. We should have went 4-4-2 as soon as they scored the penalty, we were never getting back in to the game with Nade on his own.

As for our 4-5-1 formation, if Bruno doesn't turn up, we don't turn up. We can't base a formation hoping one player is going to pull us through.

100% Spot on.

3 wins out of 4. Yeah we're doing dreadfully

Please look at the bigger picture.

When was the last time you can hand on heart say we played well in a match?!

I would reckon it was our last visit to Parkhead when we drew 1-1.

Good performances have been few and far between this season.

We have had several good results and our league position is good, but OMG we really are the most boring team in the league to watch.

In recent weeks we were crap at ER until the sending off, were murder at Killie and really should have been 2 or 3 down at HT, and how we beat ICT last week is a mystery (well the ref certainly helped us).

Today was more of the same BUT we didn't have the luck or refereeing decisions of recent weeks to bail us out.

We were 2-0 down, playing shockingly bad, not looking like scoring, and Csaba doesn't change things. Even when he did it was the wrong changes and too late. We needed goals, and quickly, so surely we should have put on an extra striker (Glen), put Kingston on the right, and taken off either Obua or Driver and Karipidis to push forward.

Instead, we get like for like subs, and then with minutes to go he takes off Nade for Glen.

Someone behind me shouted that Jason Thomson would probably be the next sub and it really wouldn't have been a shock if it had been.

The reality is Csaba has a Plan A, 4-5-1 and bore the opposition to death.

THERE IS NO PLAN B.

Tynecastle Valhalla

agree with a lot of the comments but remember it is pretty much the same team as last year and we are now much much better.

he needs a chance to create his ownteam - he has inhereted the vast majority of players.

having said that, today was awful. he should have changed it at half time.

Maybe Csaba was being smart here think about it, the boss man is watching telling yer man we do not need a striker so Csaba says ok I will not play two upfront until late in the game knowing we cannie hit a barn door bingo mission accomplished Vlad changes his mind and Csaba gets his striker.

Grumpy.

That's exactly what I thought at the game. At two down, it was certainly one way of getting the message across. Although Elliot's two miskicks said more than anything.

I'm srue i raed a smiliar psot to tihs in the Sehd today.

Why have you got a picture of a commie serial killer as your avatar?:eek:

I'm away to look out my General Pinochet T- shirt.

Charlie-Brown

lacoste%20watches.jpg

Csaba losing the plot? I don't think so. In general I'm fairly contented with how he's doing. Though I'll happily admit that some days (today being one) I am baffled as to what he is thinking!

I do actually hope that he maybe was trying to prove a point to the Mad One today. Otherwise there was no bloody excuse for not changing things.

I'm sure someone told me it went with the username....:laugh:

Guest jambomickey
Csaba losing the plot? I don't think so. In general I'm fairly contented with how he's doing. Though I'll happily admit that some days (today being one) I am baffled as to what he is thinking!

I do actually hope that he maybe was trying to prove a point to the Mad One today. Otherwise there was no bloody excuse for not changing things.

proving a point? the only point he proved is he doesn't know how to change a game.

i think he has too much belief in his system or maybe the players. We have being moaning all year about the 4-5-1 but more often than not we manage to win by the odd goal. look at the kille game. how many at the game would have be screaming to change it to 4-4-2 ?

Arsene Wenger a few years ago was slagged rotton by the press for refusing o change his system, i think he said something like 'this is my way of football and i belief this is the way to play'

I think personally i would love him to gamble more at times but he must have his reasons.

Charlie-Brown

Losing the plot? I don't what Csaba has or hasn't lost but the OP has obviously lost the use & understanding of the punctuation keys! :)

Probably not as much as some fans are.:eek:

I suppose that's just the nature. If we were top of the league some guys would be having a go at him here. He's doing an excellent job in bringing stability to our club in my opinion. Let's see if he can take it a step forward. I think he can.

Seymour M Hersh
as i aid last week csaba is a one trick pony! i've got my doubts if he knows what to do to change a game.

Yet Burley was a god. Fickle is a good word.

Charlie-Brown

I must have missed the recent substitutions bringing on Glen & Kingston against Hibs & ICT that helped clinch those victories........but when we lose 'sall bad!

I must have missed the recent substitutions bringing on Glen & Kingston against Hibs & ICT that helped clinch those victories........but when we lose 'sall bad!

Yup.

Although I am rather peeved that it taken until the 84th minute for Hearts to play with two up top.

Think thats a fair gripe Charlie?

Charlie-Brown
Yup.

Although I am rather peeved that it taken until the 84th minute for Hearts to play with two up top.

Think thats a fair gripe Charlie?

Does playing 2 up top actually increase our chances of scoring if the general level of service & the rest of the team play is still poor? Do we just lump balls into the box & hope for a break?

From what I heard today Accies were just as likely to get a third after our subs as we were to pull the game back.....

Changing the game plan & team shape during the game can just as easily lead to further deterioration as improvement if the players don't carry out basic tasks correctly.

That is why so many managers make like for like subs in the hope that the new player will perform the same role better or more effectively than the player going off (ie perceived to have been less effective)

Ah henny hambo...there you are...did Mikey Stewart escape from NDP without being skelped? From the radio commentary it sounded like he was one of the few players who might have had a decent game, but I heard you weren't too impressed with him today. :)

I don't know what today's debacle was all about but I really hope it didn't involve making any sort of point because pre-match, Vlad had plenty of nice things to say about Csaba and I'd hate for that relationship to hit the rocks in any way.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't know what today's debacle was all about but I really hope it didn't involve making any sort of point because pre-match, Vlad had plenty of nice things to say about Csaba and I'd hate for that relationship to hit the rocks in any way.

That is how rumours start.

:D

Does playing 2 up top actually increase our chances of scoring if the general level of service & the rest of the team play is still poor? Do we just lump balls into the box & hope for a break?

From what I heard today Accies were just as likely to get a third after our subs as we were to pull the game back.....

Changing the game plan & team shape during the game can just as easily lead to further deterioration as improvement if the players don't carry out basic task correctly.

That is why so many managers make like for like subs in the hope that the new player will perform the same role better or more effectively than the player going off (ie perceived to have been less effective)

You are quite right Charlie, playing with two up top does not indeed mean that you will create more chances - although from listening to the game it did appear that Hearts were creating very little with the tried and tested 451.

I do also agree that playing with two up top tends to give temptation for balls to be hit long, it just seemed that Hearts went out with a wimper as the game went on and the plan we had in mind for the game was not working.

442 might have made no difference, but it seems to me that Billy Reid won the battle today of the tactics and Csaba was possibly a bit stubborn not changing the way we were set up earlier. Dont see the point changing it in the 84th minute at 2-0 tbh.

Not having a huge pop at Csaba as for me he has done a very very good job.

Charlie-Brown
You are quite right Charlie, playing with two up top does not indeed mean that you will create more chances - although from listening to the game it did appear that Hearts were creating very little with the tried and tested 451.

I do also agree that playing with two up top tends to give temptation for balls to be hit long, it just seemed that Hearts went out with a wimper as the game went on and the plan we had in mind for the game was not working.

442 might have made no difference, but it seems to me that Billy Reid won the battle today of the tactics and Csaba was possibly a bit stubborn not changing the way we were set up earlier. Dont see the point changing it in the 84th minute at 2-0 tbh.

Not having a huge pop at Csaba as for me he has done a very very good job.

I think if a team is playing poorly in a game it can be hard to turn that around around someone or some move or attack provides a 'spark' and the players kick on and up their performance - but if that doesn't happen then all the tactics in the world won't change the game if the players simply aren't performing ...

of course you can always get a break or a set piece or some piece of luck that can change the game but most SPL teams can generally pack midfield & defences and cancel the other team out if they really want to - in those instances unless a piece of skill or brilliance or luck or a mistake can make a breakthrough the games can be dull as hell & even worse if your team is playing poorly

Archived