Robbo reaffirms his legend status

Rick Grimes

on Open All Mics, when asked about his attempt to sign Denes Rosa

"If he wasn't good enough for Hearts 4 years ago, he's probably good enough for Hibs now".

:laugh:

jack D and coke
Oh aye, Robbo's a Hibs fan, so it is said.

Is he feck.

I've always laughed when thats mentioned. One look at the joy on his face when he scored against those tramps says all i need to know about the wee man. Farcical to say he feels anything for that bunch or freaky lookin no job jakeys.

Apparently he was asked when we played the Hobos in the Cup if he backed Hibs to win the cup, because Richard Gordon had said he thought Hibs could do it.

Robbo replied "Would you back a horse that has lost its last 107 races?"!!!

I was at the game, but my mate was listening on radio and told me.

Captain Lithuania

Is he feck.

Robbo was a hibs supporter. Hibs tried to sign him before us, though someone in his family was ill and he needed time to think, and the then hibs manager never gave him the time to think. Hearts did, and signed for us.

Robbo was a hibs supporter. Hibs tried to sign him before us, though someone in his family was ill and he needed time to think, and the then hibs manager never gave him the time to think. Hearts did, and signed for us.

His big brother Chris was with Rangers at the time and they were scared he would try and poach him, wee team mentality :108years:

The story was Hibs knocked him back because they said he was too short to be a pro footballer. How they wish they hadnt :108years::108years:

Captain Lithuania
The story was Hibs knocked him back because they said he was too short to be a pro footballer. How they wish they hadnt :108years::108years:

There are multiple versions of the story, but you wouldnt knock back a player for being "too short" now. Look at Del Piero.

loveofthegame

Funny how life turns on moments like these- obviously Robbo and Hearts where meant to be, i call it fate:D

There are multiple versions of the story, but you wouldnt knock back a player for being "too short" now. Look at Del Piero.

I had the first Robbo video that came out and from the horse's mouth it was as Supporter1874 said in his first post, Robbo wanted to sleep on it but the Hibs board knocked it back with the infamous 'if you don't sign today you'll never play for Hibs again' Robbo promptly signed for Hearts the next day

Apparently he was asked when we played the Hobos in the Cup if he backed Hibs to win the cup, because Richard Gordon had said he thought Hibs could do it.

i remember that nearly made me crash the car when he said it.:108years:

Robbo was a hibby and his dad was a die hard jambo, it was his dads wish to see him play for hearts. Robbo could have signed for hibs but they said he was too small.

Correct you wouldnt knock players back due to size but it does happen. Thats scouts for you.

One of the best scouting stories i love anbout Hearts is the story behind Walter (Zico) Kidd coming to us. Story goes the Hearts scout went to newtongrange to look for a striker and came back with Zico. :108years:

berrathanhibs
on Open All Mics, when asked about his attempt to sign Denes Rosa

"If he wasn't good enough for Hearts 4 years ago, he's probably good enough for Hibs now".

:laugh:

:Dthis is really made my night. robbos the boy!!!!!:108years:

he said it on the saturday programme when i was listening :laugh:

Hearts Heritage
he said it on the saturday programme when i was listening :laugh:

It was Gary MacKay

and it is only 95 races. ;)

Say What Again
Robbo was a hibby and his dad was a die hard jambo, it was his dads wish to see him play for hearts.

Not so sure about his 'dads wish' to see him play for Hearts, but he did die before John and Chris played in the same Hearts team - something I think John is on record as saying he wishes his dad had seen.

As for the rest of the suggestions, it's well known Hibs offered him a deal but I'm sure it was the 'sign now or don't sign' ultimatum that sealed it. I'm not sure about the 'too small' and am pretty certain the 'Chris was going to take him to Rangers' is incorrect.

John may have been a Hibby growing up (as much of a fan as you can be when you're playing football every Saturday), but after umpteen years at Hearts, his loyalties lie with us now. I'm sure he wishes Hibs well against anyone except us.

Anyone who's met older brother George (in a pub he's not barred from :laugh:) would be left in no doubt about what side of Edinburgh his loyalties lie. Best bit about that though is he gets abused at ER (on occasion) for his brother being a 'Jambo bast@rd'. A shout that was accompanied with a flying pie :laugh:

PS - whether it was Mackay or John - great comments :108years:

Up there with the mob who knocked back the Beatles.

Jack Torrance

LOL - it came about because at the top of the programme they had all been discussing Hibs record in the SC. Richard Gordon made the remark, "well they have to win it sometime". I text in to ask "Tell me Richard, why do they have to win it sometime"? Richard read it out. That was Robbos reply. Brilliant. It's good listenening when the wee man and Alan Preston get ripped into them.

It was Gary MacKay

and it is only 95 races. ;)[/QUOT i was at my 'other teams' game on the sat and was listening to the radio.. Maybe he likes to repeat himself when he got a laugh the first time.....

neverlikedElvis

I heard him say it on the radio. was hilarious :108years:

Is he feck.

He found time to publicly support the "Hands off Hibs" campaign. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He found time to publicly support the "Hands off Hibs" campaign. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And he has said many times it was to support the players because if Hibs were closed there would be a number of players without clubs. He wasn't interested in the whole politics of it

As did many Hearts fans who wanted to retain the spectacle that is the Edinburgh derby. Football just wouldnt be the same without fierce rivalry. Hibernian FC exist for our pleasure. I dont want to ever lose that pleasure.

As did many Hearts fans who wanted to retain the spectacle that is the Edinburgh derby. Football just wouldnt be the same without fierce rivalry. Hibernian FC exist for our pleasure. I dont want to ever lose that pleasure.

I don't know of any true Hearts fan that wanted the Leithers to survive. We can beat them any number of times, but the ultimate victory would have been closing them down. Robbo stood against that which is why he has gone down in my (and many many others) estimation. :o

The world would be a nicer, fluffier place without the dirty Leithers in it - FACT.

Robbo is still my hero and a true Hearts legend though.

The White Cockade
I don't know of any true Hearts fan that wanted the Leithers to survive. We can beat them any number of times, but the ultimate victory would have been closing them down. Robbo stood against that which is why he has gone down in my (and many many others) estimation. :o

Don't feed the Troll

Archived